subform datasheet: one field does not show the values

I had created a subform for order details and linked this to orders form\
table by OrderId. All the details are showing up in my subform( datasheet
view) except OrderNO, which is a text field. I am using Access 2007. Do any
one of you experienced this kind of issue before?

Thanks

mls

On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 15:47:54 GMT, "mls via AccessMonster.com" <u55943@uwe>
wrote:

>I had created a subform for order details and linked this to orders form\
>table by OrderId. All the details are showing up in my subform( datasheet
>view) except OrderNO, which is a text field. I am using Access 2007. Do any
>one of you experienced this kind of issue before?
>
>Thanks

What are the Recordsource properties of the mainform and subform? If each
OrderID corresponds exactly to one OrderNo, you wouldn't WANT to store it
redundantly in the linked table, and would not expect it to automagically get
copied from the orders table to the subform. More details please!
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

John W. Vinson wrote:
>>I had created a subform for order details and linked this to orders form\
>>table by OrderId. All the details are showing up in my subform( datasheet
>>view) except OrderNO, which is a text field. I am using Access 2007. Do any
>>one of you experienced this kind of issue before?
>>
>>Thanks
>
>What are the Recordsource properties of the mainform and subform? If each
>OrderID corresponds exactly to one OrderNo, you wouldn't WANT to store it
>redundantly in the linked table, and would not expect it to automagically get
>copied from the orders table to the subform. More details please!

mls
3/19/2010 1:18:22 PM
correction: I still could not figure out the reason why my OrderNo is always
blank on
the form view. In the table it is a not null field so always has one or the
other value.

mls wrote:
>OrderId and OrderNo are composite keys in my table. Today I tried to create a
>simple FORM with  these 2 fields, even then the OrderNo is not showing up.
>OrderNo has the values as Order 1, Order 2 etc. and Oredr is a numberic field.
>I still could not figure out the reson why my OrderNo is not always blank on
>the form
>
>>>I had created a subform for order details and linked this to orders form\
>>>table by OrderId. All the details are showing up in my subform( datasheet
>[quoted text clipped - 7 lines]
>>redundantly in the linked table, and would not expect it to automagically get
>>copied from the orders table to the subform. More details please!

mls
3/19/2010 1:21:22 PM
On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 13:21:22 GMT, "mls via AccessMonster.com" <u55943@uwe>
wrote:

>correction: I still could not figure out the reason why my OrderNo is always
>blank on
>the form view. In the table it is a not null field so always has one or the
>other value.

Again:

What are the Recordsource properties of the mainform and subform?

I don't know. I can't see them.

Also:

What is the actual text of your Master Link Field and Child Link Field? I'd
expect

[OrderID];[OrderNo]

(with or without the brackets), but again you don't provide that information.
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

John W. Vinson wrote:
>>correction: I still could not figure out the reason why my OrderNo is always
>>blank on
>>the form view. In the table it is a not null field so always has one or the
>>other value.
>
>Again:
>
>What are the Recordsource properties of the mainform and subform?
>
>I don't know. I can't see them.
>
>Also:
>
>What is the actual text of your Master Link Field and Child Link Field? I'd
>expect
>
>[OrderID];[OrderNo]
>
>(with or without the brackets), but again you don't provide that information.

mls

subform in subform
Hi, I've got a form F and subform S1 in it. And inside S1 I've got subform S2. How do I reference a text box in S2 from VB code? thanx alek_mil Try: forms!F!S1!S2!textbox That should do the trick -- Maurice Ausum "alekm" wrote: > Hi, > I've got a form F and subform S1 in it. And inside S1 I've got subform S2. > How do I reference a text box in S2 from VB code? > thanx > > alek_mil You might find this useful as well... http://mvps.org/access/forms/frm0031.htm -- Jack Leach www.tristatemachine.com &q...

transfer a variable balance from one worksheet to the next
I have recently started using Excel to manage my monthly budget. I have successfully set up monthly worksheets, but would like to carry forward the final balance from one month to the next. This will be a variable balance. I know that probably the easy way out would be to simply copy and paste, but if there is a function which would do this, I would like to know about it !! I am assuming you have a new worksheet for each month. On the latest Months worksheet on the beginning balance line you should put a formula to reference the ending balance from the last months. For example if th...

Checking another record has the same value
Hi, I am not sure how to go about this so any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. I have a table, tblContactOrganisation, which is a Many of a singular tblContact. I would like to make only one record in those records for that specific Contact to have a true value for the field chkPrimaryAddress. So when the user click the chk box Primary Contact it checks to see if any other Primary Addresses have been ticked, if so it unchecks the old Primary address and checks the new Primary address after user acceptance. Any advice would be greatly appreciated on how i would go about startin...

One domain one mail box.
Is there a way of sending all the emails for one doamin to a single mailbox. On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 13:52:32 +0100, "Leon" <Lion@hotmail.com> wrote: >Is there a way of sending all the emails for one doamin to a single mailbox. > Sure. Smarthost to a machine with a SMTP Connector for the address space of that SMTP domain. ...

How To Stop Acces From Update The Record When The Subform Query Is On Focus?
Hi I need to know how to stop acces from update the record when the subform query is on focus? Thanks In news:1177155216.699820.268130@d57g2000hsg.googlegroups.com, Chipcom <bz1977@gmail.com> wrote: > > I need to know how to stop acces from update the record when the > subform query is on focus? If you mean that you want to keep the main form's record from being saved when the subform gets the focus, the only ways you can do that are: 1. Have the main form be unbound. In that case your own code has to do the job of reading the record, assigning its field values to ...

how to create an autocalc field
I want to create something like this... "5/T1ZF/VANCBCZK0MD/VANCBC08DS2" where 5 is incremental T1ZF is derived from another table field VANCBCZK0MD from another table field VANCBC08DS2 from another table field. Is 5 incremental because its an autonumber? Create a txt box, Go to record source and click .. bit next to it, then go to expression. Use the navigation to locate each part and add the calculation between so it will be something like.... [Table1][Number5Field] / [Table2/TIZF Field] / [Table3/VANCBCZK0MD Field] etc Hope this helps a bit emerlita@shaw.ca wrote: >I ...

Textbox Information to Subform
I have a subform that I need to contain information from a main form. The sub form is linked by studentID, but I also need the tardy ID, TardyID, to populate the subDhall field txtTardyID. I tried the AfterUpdate of TardyID with this: Me!subDhall.txtTardyID=Me!frmTardyAdd.TardyID and Me!subDhall.frmTardyAdd.txtTardyID=Me!frmTardyAdd.TardyID to no avail. Anyone have any tips? -- Thanks As Always Rip "Ripper" <Ripper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:753FE132-F478-4952-ABEE-EA884BB75A19@microsoft.com... >I have a subform that I need to contain informat...

Outlook on XP is showing emails but not any appointments, help!
To elaborate, I have configured my outlook client so that it receives/sends emails and that works, but I can't see any of the appointments on my calendar. I have outlook set up at work, and that works fine, but now trying to do it from home. thanks! ...

Datasheet view font options are missing
Hi All, The font options for my Access (2002) datasheet view are missing. All the fonts show up for form design, just not the datasheet view. Worse yet, the font I'm stuck with in datasheet view doesn't display all western characters properly. I tried repairing the installation, but it didn't help. Can anyone tell me how I might begin to fix this? - max Max, this happened with the original relese of Access 2002 of you had many fonts installed. From memory, MS fixed it with one of the service packs. Install SP3 for Office XP from: http://support.microsoft.com/s...

I change a % in a cell all values in the columns dont adjust 2 new
HI Neety You're not giving us much to help you but will try. Press F9, if that works , goto >Tools>Options>Calculation Tab>Set calculation to Automatic not Manual. If that don't work, show us your formula, maybe a bit of your layout anything will help to help you. HTH John "neety" <neety@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD87E5A0-4504-4CE3-BCFB-FE661B3C4C71@microsoft.com... > ...

Outlook Express works, Outlook doesn't on only one XP system
I have two XP client systems and my own Linux mail server. The XP Pro system can use Outlook to access mail. But the XP Home system can use Outlook Express but not Outlook, although setup seems the same. When sending a test message in Outlook, it finds the server, but both send and receive fail, saying the server didn't respond (check ports and SSL). Not using SSL, and the ports are standard. What's more, Outlook Express on the same client connects and works fine. I've checked the DNS, the routing, ping, firewall, etc. (XP firewall disabled, Linux firewall open to LAN.) What's ...

Modify SUMIF to find data range in addition to value
I am using Excel 2007. How can I modify sumif formula to sum only cells that meet the sumif and date range critiera? =SUMIF('1563'!$F$9:$G$55202,"groceries",'1563'!$D$9:$D$55202) -btw, it is near impossible to search the discussion group right now to find recent postings. And the nofication of replies is not working as well in the discussion groups. Hi, If you want to sum all the numbers in D9:D55202 where column F has groceries and column E has a date greater then the date in A1, then something like this should work =sumproduct(('1563&#...

Textbox value automatically selected, How?
This has to be a simple one. When opening a userform I would like the value stored in the firs textbox to be selected. Therefore I can just start typing over th current value. Currently I have to click and drag the mouse over th old value to select it -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Kevlar Try Private Sub UserForm_Activate() Me.TextBox1.SelStart = 0 Me.TextBox1.SelLength = Len(Me.TextBox1) End Su -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com That works well. Thanks Now, how do I get the list of choices in a listbox to default to th top ite -- Message posted from...

Streaming Video only shows "Windows Media" logo, but not the video clip
Hello, I have just upgraded to IE8. My computer is windows XP. I then tried going to www.uacinemas.com.hk. There is a streaming video on the website. IE8 asked for my permission to use Windows Media Player. I clicked OK. But then, I only saw the "Windows Media" logo and the 4 squares hopping around inside the video area, instead of the video clip. The audio was played though. What should I do to be able to see the video clip? I don't think I have such problem before with IE6. Hope someone can help. Herbert "Herbert Chan" <herber...

Break Up One Long Column to Print on One Page
I have a worksheet with one column. It is approximately 500 record long. I want to print it but I don't want to print one column on eac page. For example, say 50 records will fit on each page and each page ca print a width of four columns, for a total of 200 records. Is there way to print it this way without cutting/pasting each colum individually? I am continually adding records and they are in alphabetical order which makes it difficult to change once a page like this is created. I hope this makes sense. Thank you in advance for any assistance. Best regards, MrAviato -- Messag...

How do I print a single column of data in two columns on one page
I have a single column of sorted data that I want to print with two or more columns per page. Example: Page 1, column 1 = 1-10 Page 1, column 2 =11-20 Page 2, column 1 =21-30 Page 2, column 2 =31-40 Neal, You can paste into Word and use Format | Columns or David McRitchie has some code to try in Excel... http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm Jim Cone San Francisco, USA http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware "Neal" <Neal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

Smartlist Shows Zeroes For Vendors' Last Year Amounts
After upgrading to 9.0, a Smartlist vendor list shows zeroes for all vendors for Amount Billed LYR and Amount Paid LYR. The Inquiry screens show the correct dollar amounts. The LTD and YTD amounts are correct in Smartlist; only the LYR amounts are zeroes in Smartlist. I can't find any TechKnowledges on this and file maintenance had no effect. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I think the LYR numbers in the SmartList show the 'amount since last close'. When you look up the numbers in the inquiry screen are you selecting something and then clicking on the 'calcula...

Making one cell in another row equal another all the time
For example, the reason I want this is that as part of my excel workbook, I keep car mileage broken up into personal and work. I have the date, the starting number and the cell after that the ending number then after that "w" for work or "p" for personal and then I made the difference between them come up under either the personal or work columns. However - and quite obviously - the ending number on one row is the exact same number as the starting number on the next row. So what I want to do, if possible, is to make the starting number on the next row ALWAYS fill in ...

Subform of a subform?
Is there a way to create a two subforms (sub1 and sub2) on one main form, but have the second subform (sub2) actually be a subform of the first (sub1)? ...

reports-show/hide
I'm new to rms and have a couple of questions i hope someone can answer. when i run a report of merchandise, and click to show/hide i am not given an option to show/hide sub-descriptions (i use one for sizes) i really need this ability for reorder purposes. can anyone help me with this? am i doing something wrong? ...

Redirect all SPAM tagged emails to ONE mailbox
Hi all, I have an Exchange 2000 server, with an anti-spam filter operating before emails come to the mail server. If emails are suspected to be SPAM, their subjects is tagged with the "SPAM_DETECTED" string. I wondered if I could redirect all tagged emails to ONE mailbox ? It would involve filtering all emails with the "SPAM_DETECTED" string I think. Can I do that on Exchange ? (I know it can be done on Domino ... ) Thanks a lot ! Xavier On Thu, 6 Oct 2005 06:57:25 -0700, Xavier <Xavier@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all, > >I have an Exch...

Subform with Macro
I have a form (frm_BinDetails), within this form I have a subform (frm_Cable). frm_Cable has a listbox (List23) which when the user clicks on an entry the contents of the first column of that listbox are displayed in a textbox (txt_ProcessID). The on click event of the listbox runs a macro with the following code Action = SetValue Item = [Forms]![frm_Cable]![txt_ProcessID] Expression = [Forms]![frm_Cable]![List23] When I run the form frm_Cable on its own the macro works correctly but when I try and run from frm_BinDetails then whenever I click on an entry an error message appears saying th...

Newbie to charts question
Excel 2002 SP2 Windows XP Pro I'm trying to make a line chart showing data points of two series. My X-axis labels are years, from 1970 through 2010. My Y-axis labels are population values. The first series (Series1) comes from actual data values in a column on another sheet. The second series (Series2) are calculated values that are in a column next to the values for the first series. Concerning just the first series: First of all, for some reason the data points are appearing on the chart but the line between points is not. Secondly, and perhaps explaining the above, not every y...

One contact related to multiple accounts
Is it possible to connect an contact to multiple account records. Sorry again, but not at this stage, A contact is associated with a single 'primary' account. However, if via an Opportunity you are dealing with many "contacts", you can link them in to the opportunity. Guy. PS - you may wish to review the C360 (www.c360.com) module (Relationship Chart) as this may satisfy your requirements. "Pieter Versteijnen" <pieterv@infosupport.com> wrote in message news:a84a9335.0410270338.3d392e3f@posting.google.com... > Is it possible to connect an contact to ...

opening a subform to a specific record?
Hey y'all, I've got a form that lists all the Students in a class and a link to "Edit Student Information" which opens a form to edit individual records. The link uses the same type of code generated by the form wizard and it automatically filters the records to the class. The next thing I want to do is to open the new form to exactly the record that was highlighted in the list. I can capture the list position from the subform (SelTop) and I found a method called "GoToRecord" that works like this to go to the 8th record: DoCmd.GoToRecord acDataForm, "Studen...