Spell Check Help

I have this code in the AfterUpdate in a TextBox set for a memo:

If Len(Me!casefacts & "") > 0 Then
        DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSpelling
            Else
        Exit Sub
End If

everytime the spell check executs, it check the whole form. How can I get it
to just check that one textbox and not everything else.

bladelock wrote:

>I have this code in the AfterUpdate in a TextBox set for a memo:
>
>If Len(Me!casefacts & "") > 0 Then
>        DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSpelling
>            Else
>        Exit Sub
>End If
>
>everytime the spell check executs, it check the whole form. How can I get it
>to just check that one textbox and not everything else.

You need to select the text to be spell checked:

If Len(Me!casefacts & "") > 0 Then
	Me!casefacts.SelStart = 0
	Me!casefacts.SelLength = Len(Me!casefacts)

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

I just answered this post under forms.  Please try not to multipost, cross
post instead.

--
Gina Whipp

II

"Marshall Barton" <marshbarton@wowway.com> wrote in message
> bladelock wrote:
>
>>I have this code in the AfterUpdate in a TextBox set for a memo:
>>
>>If Len(Me!casefacts & "") > 0 Then
>>        DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSpelling
>>            Else
>>        Exit Sub
>>End If
>>
>>everytime the spell check executs, it check the whole form. How can I get
>>it
>>to just check that one textbox and not everything else.
>

> You need to select the text to be spell checked:
>
> If Len(Me!casefacts & "") > 0 Then
> Me!casefacts.SelStart = 0
> Me!casefacts.SelLength = Len(Me!casefacts)
> DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSpelling
> Else
> Exit Sub
> End If
>

> --
> Marsh
> MVP [MS Access]

0
Gina

0xc00000e9 Please Help Im Desperate
Hi I just need to know if there is anything I can do before I throw it out the window. Please I really need advice Linda -- lindyloo007 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ lindyloo007's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/185003.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-help/1324255.htm http://forums.techarena.in ...

"Rule Could not be Created, check your folder permissions"
Outlook 2002, WinXP Pro.. tried adding work's exchange server but couldn't access it through the internet. Removed the Exchange account from Tools->Email Accounts, and now cannot create message rules with the "Organize" button on the toolbar. Any way to restore the permissions? Try running Detect and Repair. Also, ask your Exchange admin for the protocol to access your Exchange server mail. He will probably have to set you up with a VPN connector and give you some instructions. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discuss...

Win2000 Server Email Storage .mbx files
I have inherited a system running; Win2K server (Sp4) Microsoft Exchange 2000 (Sp4) & ISA Server 2000 (Sp2). We currently have our mail delivered in pop3 format & have a third party application (exchange pop3) running which then transfers messages to Exchange after converting. This machine is set up as a Primary Domain Controller. There are a total of 15 client machines all connecting to this m/c all of which have user accounts set up & mailboxes allocated. My problem is at present a number of these client machines are running Outlook 2002 (Sp3) & their mail is stored locally o...

Spell Check preferences?
Hi all, I have a user that is having problems with spell checking in Office 2004. When I set office up I did a full install with proofing tools, etc. The user is running OS 10.4.1. Here is the problem: spell checking never works unless he manually sets it up (he has to got through the tools->language & uncheck "do not check spelling or grammar..") routine for every single document he creates. My question is: Is there a way to set this to default for all documents? Thanks, burn01 jacobbehrnes@gmail.com I'm guessing you're talking about Word here. In Word, go to F...

Excel Formula Help!
Hello, need help with excel formula, basically I have two worksheets, 1 woorksheet will have events with a specfic date and another worksheet which summerises the events by a date range e.g worksheet 1 worksheet 2 column A Column B column A column B Wet 04/01/2010 w/c 04/01/2010 2 Cold 06/01/2010 w/c 11/01/2010 1 Hot 12/01/2010 At present the results would show in worksheet 2 as above, which I can input manually but would like a formula to...

A how to, just can't find the answer anywhere! Please help me!!
Okat, a spreadsheet with two tabs. Let's say tab one has | UID | DOB | NOSE SIZE | (for example), tab 2 has |UID| No of Ears | Nose hair | I would like to take duplicates where UID is the same out of tabs 1 and 2 and put into a new tab with | UID | DOB | No of ears | Nose hair | so third tab has all people from tab one and two which exist in both and a cross section of information from tab 1 and 2. Have I confused anyone?!? Thank you all because you're bound to be much cleverer than I is. You should be abole to adapt this Public Sub ProcessData() Const COL_TAB1_UID As String...

spelling script
Hi Guys, I'm trying to write a small spelling script that will do the following: Read a word from a text file: show it to the user then needs to type it without any spelling mistake if OK, he gets the next word in the text file if not than he needs to type the word again until he gets it right. Can any one help me with this ? Cheers, Simon "Type each word as it appears then hit enter. Type quit to exit." foreach ($word in (get-content words.txt)) { $correct = $false do { $answer = Read-Host $word if ($answer -ceq $word) {$correct = $true} if ($answer -eq &...

Help: SBS 2003 Exchange Send As permissions not working (and disappearing!)
Hello, I'm having a problem granting Send As rights to users. There's a particular company office manager who needs Send As access to several accounts. Unfortunately it's only worked for one of the accounts (an incoming "Jobs" box which is not logged into by anyone else). The other two accounts, no matter how many times I've tried, wont grant her permission to Send As. In fact I add her to the permissions list via Active Directory and a little later she's even disappeared from the list. I've messed with the 'This object' setting, and everything ...

Spell check anomaly
When I REPLY to a message, WLM always checks the spelling on the original message even though I have selected the option to ignore the original text in a reply. What gives? Is that a bug in WLM? Tom If you save a message to Drafts or an EML file or open while in the Outbox, that will happen since it lost track of what was original and what was new. Or is this happening when you just start a new reply? If so are you interspersing your reply with the original message? Or using stationery? -- Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us "Tom Brown" <Bu...

VB to C# help
Hello Any help appreciated. I need to convert this: Protected Sub grdMaster_RowDataBound(ByVal sender As Object, _ ByVal e As System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridViewRowEventArgs) _ Handles grdMaster.RowDataBound Dim objListItem As DataControlRowState objListItem = e.Row.RowState Dim intMAsterID1 As Integer If e.Row.RowType = DataControlRowType.DataRow Then Dim grd As GridView If objListItem = 5 Then grd = CType(e.Row.FindControl("grdChildGridEdit"), GridView) MasterTableID = Convert.ToInt32(CType(e...

Help with OLE Series
Hello, I am using ORACLE OLE2 package to print a series bar graph in excel. I need to rename "Series Name" that comes out in as a char in excel. By defual the series are names as Series1, Series2, Series3,.....SeriesN. How can I access the handle to "Series Name" which help me change its name. Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks you, Bilal ...

spell check #9
The spell check is not working. I click on it an nothing happens. No errors messages. I don't know how to set it up , if that is what needs to be done. Teri wrote: > The spell check is not working. I click on it an nothing > happens. No errors messages. I don't know how to set it > up , if that is what needs to be done. And what version of Outlook are you running? ...

wanting to add boxes that can be checked
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I am wanting to add boxes that can be checked or unchecked. <br> Any suggestions? Thank you It's a Field named "Checkbox". Try Insert>HTML Object>Checkbox... Or: View>Toolbars>Forms and use the Forms checkbox. The HTML one looks nicer :-) Cheers On 29/05/10 1:54 AM, in article 59bb91c1.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "The_Bean@officeformac.com" <The_Bean@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) P...

spell checker is not finding spelling errors, any suggestions?
Spell checker finds no spelling errors and tells me that it has completed its review. Yet, I have deliberately mis-spelled words in order to test the spell checker, and it is not finding these mis-spelled words. I am thinking that spell checker is not being pointed to the right dictionary, or any dictionary, but I can't seem to troubleshoot this on my own. Any suggestions? Spellbound wrote: > Spell checker finds no spelling errors and tells me that it has > completed its review. Yet, I have deliberately mis-spelled words in > order to test the spell checker, and it is not...

leading zero value help
Hello, I have two tables with a text field and the value in the field range from 50 to 9999. 50 is 2 characters, 100 is 3 characters and 9999 is 4 characters. I ran into a problem when referencing these values in calculation. How or what can I do to put two leading zero to 2 character field and one zero to 3 character field on all existing records? (Maybe a macro, I don't know) There are currently over 2000 records so it is sufficent to manually change them all. Any help is appreciated. Example: 50 = 0050 200 = 0200 950 = 0950 >>I ran into a problem when referencing thes...

HELP with RPC over HTTP
I have been trying to setup RPC over HTTP/HTTPS without any luck. This setup is Server 2003, Exchange 2003 SP1 and Outlook 2003 with patch. I have followed the recent documents from Microsoft support to the TEE. And still when I try to connect from outside the network Outlook tells me the server cannot be found do I want to work offline. The one area of confusion I have is with setting the RPCProxy setting in the registry. I am referring to setting this: erverNETBIOSName:6001-6002;ServerFQDN:6001-6002;ServerNetBIOSName:6004;Serve rFQDN:6004 My question is about the FQDN. My FQDN is servernam...

Formula Help #2
Hopefully I can type this clearly enough for you to understand: I want to make this work somehow in one cell: if c3=0 & c10=1 then C6+(I6*2) but if c3=1 & c10=1, then L2+(I6*2) How would this work, or is it possible? Thanks for your help Jennifer You can nest IF functions =IF((C3=0)*C10=1,C6+I6*2,IF((C3=1)*(C10=1),L2+I6*2,"neither")) Jerry Jen Hearns wrote: > Hopefully I can type this clearly enough for you to understand: > > I want to make this work somehow in one cell: > > if c3=0 & c10=1 then C6+(I6*2) > > but > > if c3=1 &...

Overclocking Help
Hi guys, I have an inspiron 1545 with a hd 4330 with 256 mb gddr3 VRAM. I tried to extract the bios but GPU-Z said bios reading not supported i heard somewhere that pc manufacturers cuts of the read/write pins of the GPU Some gu ys told me that in some laptops the Video BIOS is a part of the main bios. If it is true what if I extract the video bios from my main bios setup file & after changing the clock speed reflash the main bios.By the way my bios version is A14 -- nexusz ------------------------------------------------------------------------ nexusz's Profile: ...

predictive spelling
Does anyone know of a predictive spelling add- in for Excel 2000 or later? Other than the built in one, that is. I'd like something which refers to a separate worksheet that I can specify. TIA Greg Little ...

Spelling in Outlook
I run XP Pro SP1, IE 6.0 and its Outlook Express. I also run MS Office 97 Patch 2b with English and Brazilian dictionaries. Winword works fine with both dics. After write a message in OE and when trying to get it spelled, get foll box : "An error occured while the spelling was been checked". Does this happen with someone before ? Can anyone help me in find the solution for this problem ? Appreciate assistance ...

Help-I want to cancel the "Balance This Account"
I want to "reset" a bank account so that the "balance this account" will "clear out" all of what I've put in and it will be like I never used the frustrating feature. I must have entered a wrong date or something.... and I just want to be able to start from scratch. I hope someone knows how to do this. thanks, Nat Nat wrote: > I want to "reset" a bank account so that the "balance this account" > will "clear out" all of what I've put in and it will be like I never > used the frustrating feature. I must have entere...

Please Help! Spanish has hijacked my Word 2007 spell checker!
I have saved (repeatedly in existing and new blank documents) all my settings to English, US. However, my spell checker is marking everything in red. When I look at it, the spell check suggests spanish spelling of the words. The spell checker says Spanish, US. I go back, all setting say English. Default language is set to English. I don't know what else to try. Make sure to turn off the "Detect language automatically" option in Review tab | Set Language. Note that once the language has changed in a document, you may have to select the whole document and manu...

Multiple e-mails on 2 computers(corrected spelling)
My wife's windows ME/Outlook 2000 pc suddenly began getting 2 of each e-mail several months ago. She has Norton AV on the computer but it had been working fine with the computer. She didn't renew the subscription for updates this go around since she was getting a new Dell. I can't say the multiple e-mails started when the Norton subscription expired because I don't know the exact dates. But I guess it could be a possible cause? When I connected her new Dell XP home Outlook 2002 computer through the DlinkDI604 router we use in the house so they could both download the same ...

Still need help please
I posted yesterday that I have created an IF statement that either returns a value or a blank (""). The idea is that there is a table of cumulative numbers that I only want to populate if the month has occurred and a chart that draws from that worksheet. Problem is that the chart is reading the blank as a zero. Another user of the forum suggested that I replace the blank with NA() to get it to return an error message which the chart will ignore and then conditionally format the error message to a white font so that it's not visable in the table. Total genius. Problem is that...

help with updating spreadsheet
hi all, I�m new to excel and learning as i go. i need help, I�m trying to make my work a bit easier. i want to keep a historical record of products and there locations at work (work in a warehouse by the way), I�ve managed to create a worksheet (see below, worksheet 1) that uses vlookup (=VLOOKUP(Sheet1!A:A,Sheet2!A:B,2, FALSE)) to get a list of about 4000 products and there locations from worksheet 2, worksheet 2 is updated daily by importing a text file. what i can't figure out is how to update work sheet 1 using a formula/macro, one that updates the location of what�s already on the ...