Show sum based on selection from Combo Box - Help Please

I have a form, on the form there are 4 combo boxes for selection and the
result are showed in a subform.  I created a table (tblHours_worked) that
contain the number of hours worked by each in employee.  Now based on the
selection from the combo box(s) how do I get the total hours worked to
calculate and show in a field on the main form?  Hopefully, this makes sense.
--
tmdrake

Add the textbox to the main form, I'm going to call it txtHourSum.
For the control source for the txtHourSum put in something like this:

=3DDSum("WorkHours","tblHours_worked", "Employee =3D " & Me.Employee)

Of course, your criteria should match the selection criteria of your
subform.  Everytime you change the criteria, you will need to requery
the textbox:

txtHourSum.Requery

On Jan 23, 11:06=A0am, tmdrake <tdrake...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have a form, on the form there are 4 combo boxes for selection and the
> result are showed in a subform. =A0I created a table (tblHours_worked) tha=
> contain the number of hours worked by each in employee. =A0Now based on th=
> selection from the combo box(s) how do I get the total hours worked to
> calculate and show in a field on the main form? =A0Hopefully, this makes s=
ense.
> --
> tmdrake

0
n00b
1/23/2008 5:56:44 PM
dans l'article CB12A861-890C-4F35-99B2-98B32C672DF2@microsoft.com, tmdrake �
tdrake_98@yahoo.com a �crit le 23/01/08 18:06�:

> I have a form, on the form there are 4 combo boxes for selection and the
> result are showed in a subform.  I created a table (tblHours_worked) that
> contain the number of hours worked by each in employee.  Now based on the
> selection from the combo box(s) how do I get the total hours worked to
> calculate and show in a field on the main form?  Hopefully, this makes sense.

0
mallard
1/24/2008 2:01:31 PM
I am getting an #Name? error. Not sure why.  Does the combo boxes have to
have the same table (tblHours_worked) as their control source. Right now I
have:

Combo box 1 = ProjectID - row source = qryProjectID
Combo Box 2 = Discipline Name - row source = qryDisciplineName
Combo Box 3 = Section Number - row source = qrySectionNumber
Combo Box 4 = Last Name - row source = qryLastName

The field to calculate on tblHours_Worked is titled PHW (Project Hours
Worked).

The record source for the Main form and subform is tblProject Staffing
Resources.

Hopefully, this additional information will help.

Thanks
tmdrake

--
tmdrake

"n00b" wrote:

> Add the textbox to the main form, I'm going to call it txtHourSum.
> For the control source for the txtHourSum put in something like this:
>
> =DSum("WorkHours","tblHours_worked", "Employee = " & Me.Employee)
>
> Of course, your criteria should match the selection criteria of your
> subform.  Everytime you change the criteria, you will need to requery
> the textbox:
>
> txtHourSum.Requery
>

> On Jan 23, 11:06 am, tmdrake <tdrake...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > I have a form, on the form there are 4 combo boxes for selection and the
> > result are showed in a subform.  I created a table (tblHours_worked) that
> > contain the number of hours worked by each in employee.  Now based on the
> > selection from the combo box(s) how do I get the total hours worked to
> > calculate and show in a field on the main form?  Hopefully, this makes sense.
> > --
> > tmdrake

Using pivot table without summing, etc. #3
Of course! I don't know how that slipped me by. Thank you. -Pete -- Peter Bernadyn ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Peter Bernadyne's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=701 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26649 ...

analytical accounting lookups should only show valid codes
When entering AA transaction distributions, the code lookup window should only show valid code combinations. It's not intuitive for the user to have to select a code and get an error message to discover which codes are valid. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the mess...

saving history of edit box and dispalying again
hello, I am buliding a dialog based appication in which i pop up another modal dialog.What i want that when user enters value in the dit box of the second dialog,and we click OK then becaus ef UpdateData(TRUE) all the valuse from controls are transferred to the varaibles..Now if we close the dialog and reopen it again i want that the old set values ahould be diaplayed in the respective edit boxes of the dialog,so that user will now what values he had set initially.Can we do this? please tell me how? You'll have to save the values in the parent dialog and each t...

Outlook shows offline during dial up
Having a problem with outlook 2002. Over the WAN everything works fine. Dial up and connect to the network (VPN) internet work fine. Outlook will sync up however, a red x shows up in the bottom right hand corner. Outlook shows offline, I can send and receive but must hit send and receive. I have reloaded the computer from scratch and still have the same problem. Could it be a Excange setting? Any Ideas? Thanks for the help, If you hit File | Connect to Exchange Server what happens? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize ...

Show Window
I am currently developing a MFC SDI application. I want to integrate a tray icon with it. When the application is minimized it hides by ShowWindow(SW_HIDE) and then when double clicked on tray icon shown by ShowWindow(SW_SHOWNORMAL). But the problem is if some other application is activated after my application is minimized, ShowWindow shows it but it's behind some screen. I have tried with SetFocus didn't work. Please help me to solve this problem. Thank you. Varuna Try BringWindowToTop. ---- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com In addition to Ajay's idea you can also use SetFor...

Information Stores show dismounted yet mail is still flowing...
Background: Windows AD Mixed moded. Exchange 2003 installed on to a 2 node Microsoft cluster. 1 Front End server...connecting to the primary cluster node. Windows 2003 Standard on, FE Windows 2003 Enterprise Server on BEs (<---cluster) no service packs on either. Exchange has SP1 installed on both nodes and the FE. There are still Exchange 5.5 servers in the environment although they are not being used. The Issue: .....the information stores and public folders all show that they are dismounted...yet email is still flowing into and out of the server without any issues. I just...

reminder still shows up
when I run Outlook.exe /cleanreminders it simply opens Outlook, I am running Vista "Toppro" <Toppro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7AE8DBF7-6BE3-454A-82F9-5A040566026C@microsoft.com... > when I run Outlook.exe /cleanreminders it simply opens Outlook, I am > running > Vista Outlook version? The Windows version isn't as important and that of Outlook. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Sum a column of variable length?
I have to build a workbook where columns of data will be cut and pasted into Tab 1, then the column totals need to appear automatically on Tab 2. The problem is that the number of rows of data in Tab 1 will be variable and unpredictable, although the columns will always start in a known row. I might be able to do it by something like =SUM('Tab 1'!I7:I65535) but is there a more precise way? Here is one way =SUM(OFFSET('Tab 1'!I7,,,'Tab 1'!COUNTA(I:I)-'Tab 1'!COUNTA(I1:I6))) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Br...

Using ajax call to fetch multiple results from multiple queries and showing them 1 by 1 as the results comes.
Hello, I've 20 labels in a 2x10 table on a page. for each label, data comes by individual queries. (total 20 queries for the page.) and it takes about 30-40 seconds for the page to load, and it's not comfortable for the user to see blank page. I want that each cell will show loading.gif images. As and when data comes from query, the images should go visible=false, and the label should display the values one by one. How do I do this task using ajax? Some ASP.NET code example will be helpful for me, as I'm a kind of beginner. Thanks ...

Results show as a minus. WHY?
I have an application that was developed by another developer using VB.net which reside in a SQL table. I need to use some of the data from this table, however the data shows as -0.5 or - 0.99 or -1.70 etc in my Access tables. How can I get those numbers to show as a percentage with only one decimal point to the left? Example: 3.6% or 31.4 %. Any help would be greatly appreciated. No matter what I do it shows that dang "-" at the beginning. You can use the Abs function to strip off the negative Abs([YourTable].[YourField]) And you can format that as percentage either using th...

How to return the primary key from a combo box
I have a table containing two columns Column 1: Primary key Column 2: Name. I want to create an unbound combo box that shows the name but returns the PK. I have these properties set: Control source: <is empty> Row source type: table/query Bound column: 1 Row source: <I have a select that returns the desired records> In cboClient_AfterUpdate() I look at debug.print cboClient.Value and I see the name. I need the PK so I can construct the query for the next combo box. How do I get the PK Thanks for the help -- Message posted via http://www.accessmons...

Need sum in pivot table, not count
I have a spreadsheet which I'm trying to show the sum of each item, but the pivot table wizard only gives me a count. It will do a sum for each column or row, but not each item. I can do this in a snap if I import the spreadsheet into access and run a crosstab query, but the folks that are going to be using this cant use access. here's a sample of my data: Item Amount Month A02214 0 JANUARY A056480015 0 JANUARY A13 -348 JANUARY A16EPG-AD -2000 JANUARY A18 -1950 JANUARY A14RS ...

show comments when cell is highlighted Vs when cursor runs over? #2
How do you make the comments appear when the cell is highlighted opposed to when the mouse cursor runs over the cell? You can press Shift/F2, or Insert/Edit Comment. If you wanted to see it "automatically", when you select the cell, you'd need a macro, but I don't think this is what you're asking. Bob Umlas Excel MVP "Don" wrote: > How do you make the comments appear when the cell is highlighted opposed to > when the mouse cursor runs over the cell? To at least Excel 2000, if you have the Tools, Options, Comment Indicator Only you will see the co...

Changing font for check box
Hello, Please help. I am using Excel 97 with Win 95. I need to change the font (made it bigger) and color for the control box (check box, option box.....) I have no luck to search the help. Second question: How many worksheet I can create in one workbook? Thank you for your time. Long 1.In design mode right click on the check box and select properties, you can change them from there 2.Limited only by system resources -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Using Excel 2000 & 97 Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it ** remove ne...

I need to type numbers into an excel spreadsheet some of them begin with a zero some do not. How can I have excel show the 0 in the numbers that begin with 0. If I type 0236547 the number shows as 236547. I don't want all the numbers I type to begin with zero. I am using Excel 2003. Thanks very much for your help. Best regards, Dee use a custom format with how ever many digits you need, 000000 -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "Dee" <Dee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA60FC8A-C7CB-432A-B2B2-EEEBF86D2646@microsoft.com... >...

Report Server shows 'Service Unavailable'
Hi, before install, the SRS setup, send me a warning, some like "the Windows Sharepoint Services are install and not permit initialize a Reportserver component" i skip wiht the installation, so.. I can't run http://<localhost>/Reports and http://<localhost>ReportServer show a message "Service Unavailabe", but the ReportServer service is running How initialize that or what do i do? ------=_NextPart_0001_09E699C9 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <Miguel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > before install, the SRS set...

Comments not showing
When a SharePoint workflow is edited and a comment is added. The comment does not display in the workflow status screen under workflow history. It shows as follows: Task assigned to Andre Wessels was completed by System Account. Comments: Instead of: Task assigned to Andre Wessels was completed by System Account. Comments: Please update to the new company logo. This happens for all standard SharePoint workflows (Approval, Collect Feedback). Any custom workflows does show the comment. The comment field is update in the task item. It just does not show. There is no error in t...

Show more time in weekly view?
Outlook 2007 On default the weekly view is only showing until 4 PM without scrolling down. I know there is a way to let you see into the evening hours also without scrolling. Help please. Thanks... Bob ...

SUM or AVERAGE of mm:ss
I need help, I received link references from a corporate spreadsheet with time format 13:30 (representing mm:ss). I am trying to get at SUM and AVERAGE of these cells and having a hard time getting it right. I did try to have output format as [m]:ss and it is coming out incorrectly. If I have to convert these to h:mm:ss is there a way to make to conversion happen automatically. Example: 20:12 5:31 9:47 8:45 8:27 7:25 20:21 17:46 13:01 22:17 SUM these to format [m]:ss will give me 15212:00 SUM these to format mm:mm will give me 32:00 AVERAGE these to format 13:30 will give me 1:21 Can ...

TransparentBlt doesn't show the bitmap in ME?
The following doesn't print the bitmap on ME while it works on 2k/xp, can someone help me? Though the status returns TRUE. Thanks. Jiac. CDC *hdc, bghdc; CBitmap bgBitmap; BITMAP bmpInfo; //loads bitmap into memory bgBitmap.LoadBitmap(IDB_BITMAP5); // this bitmap has no needles // get bitmap info bgBitmap.GetBitmap(&bmpInfo); hdc = m_obj->GetDC(); bghdc.CreateCompatibleDC(hdc); bghdc.SelectObject(&bgBitmap); BOOL status = hdc->TransparentBlt(0, 0, 80, 80, &bghdc, 0, 0, 80, 80, TRANSPARENT_KEY_COLOR); //TRANSPARENT_KEY_COLOR if (st...

Clear Data>Security Resource Description table not showing in list
GPv10 Logged in as sa. Go to Maint. >Clear Data>System and in the Tables list the Security Resource Description table is not there. Is there something I need to do to get access to that table? Thanks. Gi Never mind....I figured it out. You have to change the Display to Physical....Duh!! ...

mail box rights it only shows "SELF"
Once the user has been created, checking the Email address tab show nothing (empty), I pointing rus to the right DC, this solve that problem, but i have still have the next problem: under the mail box rights it only shows "SELF" where as all the other account show 8 or more system users? exchange 2003 Gr, Marco On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 13:10:27 -0800, "Marco" <Marco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Once the user has been created, checking the Email address tab show nothing >(empty), I pointing rus to the right DC, this solve that problem, but i have >...

Showing a Null result
I have a parent table linked to several child tables via a unique text string The report shows reults from the main table, and has subreports for the child tables. Some records in the parent table have no equivalents in the child tables. Can I insert some code to produce the subreports with a "None" or "NA" text string, without populating the child tables with these terms? My problem is that, I need to run "counting" queries on the child tables, but the "N/A" records skew the numbers by adding records where there should be none. I'm not su...

Group and Sum
I have last 52 weeks sales data. How can I quickly group by month and sum up monthly total? Below are samples of my data. Product 8/1 8/8 8/15 8/22 8/29 ABC1 2499 0 0 0 250 ABC2 1006 726 670 56 223 ABC3 5615 6107 3482 2808 2639 ABC4 17822 28044 16031 9872 8365 ABC5 3888 972 972 778 778 ABC6 4685 5581 4644 4399 2118 easy to do with sumproduct basically =sumproduct((week range>=month1)*(week range<month2)*(sales date range)) where week range is cell range with your weekly dates month1 is say 1/1/04 (Jan), month 2 is 2/1/04 (Feb), etc this example would give you sales for Ja...