Setting the Windows Cursor during Form Processing

hiya gurus

I would like to force the mouse cursor to immediately become an hourglass
when some long processing/quering commences on a form. it appears that it
takes some time for Access to show the hourglass and usually only after the
user clicks the form a couple of times because there appears to be nothing
happening...

Is there an easy way to do this from within Access..

I have done it in VB6 using  Me.MousePointer = vbHourglass but this does nto
work in Access.. any suggestions?

cheers Jeff

0
jeff

mmmmm

   Screen.MousePointer = 11

guess this does it?

"jeff" <jeff@work> wrote in message
> hiya gurus
>
> I would like to force the mouse cursor to immediately become an hourglass
> when some long processing/quering commences on a form. it appears that it
> takes some time for Access to show the hourglass and usually only after
> the user clicks the form a couple of times because there appears to be
> nothing happening...
>
> Is there an easy way to do this from within Access..
>
> I have done it in VB6 using  Me.MousePointer = vbHourglass but this does
> nto work in Access.. any suggestions?
>
> cheers Jeff

0
jeff
2/18/2008 5:47:33 AM
Jeff,

Docmd.hourglass True

'some code here

Docmd.hourglass false

HTH
Dale
--
Don''t forget to rate the post if it was helpful!

email address is invalid
Please reply to newsgroup only.

"jeff" wrote:

> hiya gurus
>
> I would like to force the mouse cursor to immediately become an hourglass
> when some long processing/quering commences on a form. it appears that it
> takes some time for Access to show the hourglass and usually only after the
> user clicks the form a couple of times because there appears to be nothing
> happening...
>
> Is there an easy way to do this from within Access..
>
> I have done it in VB6 using  Me.MousePointer = vbHourglass but this does nto
> work in Access.. any suggestions?
>
> cheers Jeff

doh!

some answers are soo simple you cant see them...i was looking for something
more... but Access provides the simplest of solutions...

cheers

"Dale Fye" <dale.fye@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Jeff,
>
> Docmd.hourglass True
>
> 'some code here
>
> Docmd.hourglass false
>
> HTH
> Dale
> --
> Don''t forget to rate the post if it was helpful!
>
> email address is invalid
> Please reply to newsgroup only.
>

> "jeff" wrote:
>
>> hiya gurus
>>
>> I would like to force the mouse cursor to immediately become an hourglass
>> when some long processing/quering commences on a form. it appears that it
>> takes some time for Access to show the hourglass and usually only after
>> the
>> user clicks the form a couple of times because there appears to be
>> nothing
>> happening...
>>
>> Is there an easy way to do this from within Access..
>>
>> I have done it in VB6 using  Me.MousePointer = vbHourglass but this does
>> nto
>> work in Access.. any suggestions?
>>
>> cheers Jeff

0
jeff

setting up new outlook mail account

Linked form can't be edited
I have a large table with contact details and also additional details which only relates to about a third of my clients. If I include all the fields in my main input form(1) it becomes very cluttered so I have created another form(2) for just the additional information and select it with a button from form(1). Form(2) is filtered according to the client in form(1). However even though I have enabled editing in the properties box, I am unable to edit the form(2) fields. Without the filter it works fine, but I have to find the client manually to add the additional information. What...

one label all forms
I want to put a label on all my forms that says YOU ARE IN ARCHIVE. Can I do this without placing a label on each form? Thanks. You could set the form's Caption to that. That would mean that it would appear in the bar at the top of the form. However, you'd have to set it, so I don't know whether that'll save you anything. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "seeker" <seeker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E4FC21F1-32F8-4A6E-A33B-EC9B18F9617D@microsoft.com... >I want...

OWA Set Rule problem

How to set backcolour

Outlook Express like address book window
Is there a way to get a window frame in Outlook with a listing of addresses in one's default address book, much like that in Outlook Express? Thanks for any input Outlook is not Express so probably not. Why do you not use your contacts folder in Outlook? List it in phone list view. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Curtis Vaughan asked: | Is there a way to get a window frame in Outlook with a listing of | add...

Warning: Windows update may make your computer run worse!
The quality assurance section at Redmond must be out to lunch permanently. IE 8 update makes IE show your IE explorer history and .wmv videos no longer automatically runs in media player. These are just a few quirks. Vista is the worst operating system since Windows ME. I use Vista Ultimate in one machine and it locks me out of many directories when using explorer. long time windows user;1220997 Wrote: > The quality assurance section at Redmond must be out to lunch > permanently. IE 8 update makes IE show your IE explorer history > and .wmv videos no longer automatica...

does office 2003 work on windows 7?
Can I install MS Office 2003 onto my PC running with Windows 7 Operating System or do I have to use Office 2007? "Candice" <Candice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1B9E5BB4-FA6D-4761-A8D2-CCB36A2278B0@microsoft.com... > Can I install MS Office 2003 onto my PC running with Windows 7 Operating > System or do I have to use Office 2007? Yes. '03 will run on Windows 7. -- "Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." "Candice" <Candice@discussions.microsoft....

Set Regional Settings but not Language

Sharing Contact Forms on Exchange 2003
I have a user that created contact forms using Outlook (Office 2003). Server side, I have Exchange 2003 running on SBS 2003. The user would like to share these forms with the organization. What is the best way to publish the custom contact forms in Exchange 2003? Dragging the form to the public folders copies the data, but nothing more. Thanks in advance, J Wolfgang Goerlich ...

Word 2007 - Windows 7
We generate reports that contain still images of AVI animations. It used to be that we could drag and drop the AVI file into the document and a graphic image would appear; now all we get is an icon. I believe this occurred as the result of an upgrade to Window2 7 form XP SP2. We'd like to retain embedding the video as it can then be activated by a click should the reader decide to do that, but what happened to the still image? I expect it's something really stupid that I've forgotten, but you never know... ...

Reading Pane Settings

synchronize sub forms-part 2
Don't see my earlier post... here I go again! Scenario: Main form (1)- frm1 based on tbl01 User enters 3 parameters to filter by p1,p2,p3 Subforms (6)- fsub1-fsub6 (each with its own tab) also based on tbl01 ALL subforms are Linked to frm1 through 2 fields (p2,p3) When the 3 parameters are chosen fsub1 will list the basic info associated with them. fsub2-fsub6 will list more specific info. With the following additions suggested by Robert Carlson: fsub1 On current Event: Forms![frm1]![fsub2].Requery fsub2 On Current Event: If IsNull(Forms![frm1]![fsub1].Form!ID) = False Then ...

Propagate Lead Form Changes
I added some new values for Lead Source in the Lead form yesterday. My IT manager who's unavailable and normally does this sort of thing told me that many changes like this just "take a while" to propagate out system wide. How long does it take, or do I need to do something to publish my changes? I can see that they're saved because if I go back to edit the values for that field, they're all in there. Thanks Nathan, You need to publish the changes from the deployment manager. Usually you need to restart IIS (just Start - Run - iisreset will do the trick). T...

interactive buttons, multiple sets

CDONTS on Windows 2003 Server
I am in the process of moving all my web applications from a windows 2000 server (IIS) to a windows 2003 server (IIS). I have apps written in VS6, .net and .net2002 but i am having problems with my VS6 applications, when they try to run the following code: Set objMsg = Server.CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail") Is there anyway to install CDONTS on a windows 2003 server? I can't get debugging to work on the new server so I can't give you an exact error message... just that when I rem out that line... the program works fine. Any thoughts BESIDES rewriting my code in .NET? Than...

Provide Help/Tutorial Form
I'd like to add a form to an operational database that the users can look at for info on how to use the application; what to do if errors occur; etc. What is the best way to provide the information ? A TextBox is limited to 255 characters; A MemoType has 64K characters; An Attachment - requires availability of the underlying product (Word, etc.). A LabelType field ? Recommendations ? If you are using only a single form or a couple of forms, put the info into a label control, or several label controls. Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia ...

How do I set OOR

Set Focus