Setting the Windows Cursor during Form Processing

hiya gurus

I would like to force the mouse cursor to immediately become an hourglass
when some long processing/quering commences on a form. it appears that it
takes some time for Access to show the hourglass and usually only after the
user clicks the form a couple of times because there appears to be nothing
happening...

Is there an easy way to do this from within Access..

I have done it in VB6 using  Me.MousePointer = vbHourglass but this does nto
work in Access.. any suggestions?

cheers Jeff

0
jeff

mmmmm

   Screen.MousePointer = 11

guess this does it?

"jeff" <jeff@work> wrote in message
> hiya gurus
>
> I would like to force the mouse cursor to immediately become an hourglass
> when some long processing/quering commences on a form. it appears that it
> takes some time for Access to show the hourglass and usually only after
> the user clicks the form a couple of times because there appears to be
> nothing happening...
>
> Is there an easy way to do this from within Access..
>
> I have done it in VB6 using  Me.MousePointer = vbHourglass but this does
> nto work in Access.. any suggestions?
>
> cheers Jeff

0
jeff
2/18/2008 5:47:33 AM
Jeff,

Docmd.hourglass True

'some code here

Docmd.hourglass false

HTH
Dale
--
Don''t forget to rate the post if it was helpful!

email address is invalid
Please reply to newsgroup only.

"jeff" wrote:

> hiya gurus
>
> I would like to force the mouse cursor to immediately become an hourglass
> when some long processing/quering commences on a form. it appears that it
> takes some time for Access to show the hourglass and usually only after the
> user clicks the form a couple of times because there appears to be nothing
> happening...
>
> Is there an easy way to do this from within Access..
>
> I have done it in VB6 using  Me.MousePointer = vbHourglass but this does nto
> work in Access.. any suggestions?
>
> cheers Jeff

doh!

some answers are soo simple you cant see them...i was looking for something
more... but Access provides the simplest of solutions...

cheers

"Dale Fye" <dale.fye@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Jeff,
>
> Docmd.hourglass True
>
> 'some code here
>
> Docmd.hourglass false
>
> HTH
> Dale
> --
> Don''t forget to rate the post if it was helpful!
>
> email address is invalid
> Please reply to newsgroup only.
>

> "jeff" wrote:
>
>> hiya gurus
>>
>> I would like to force the mouse cursor to immediately become an hourglass
>> when some long processing/quering commences on a form. it appears that it
>> takes some time for Access to show the hourglass and usually only after
>> the
>> user clicks the form a couple of times because there appears to be
>> nothing
>> happening...
>>
>> Is there an easy way to do this from within Access..
>>
>> I have done it in VB6 using  Me.MousePointer = vbHourglass but this does
>> nto
>> work in Access.. any suggestions?
>>
>> cheers Jeff

0
jeff

setting font size to decimal number
Hi all, In the CFontDialog I am not able to set up decimal numbers, like 7.5. It works in MS Word (on the same box, the same font). Getting message "Size must be a number." Any ideas? Thanks in advance! Vaclav Hi Vaclav: > In the CFontDialog I am not able to set up decimal numbers, like 7.5. > It works in MS Word (on the same box, the same font). > Getting message "Size must be a number." > > Any ideas? Just a thought: Do you have the correct settings in the regional setting? Just check if there is jused a ',' as decimal char. HTH Alex -- ...

Getting an 'Order form' from RMS
Does anybody have any smart ideas for getting a nicely formatted order form directly from RMS? I want to be able to give staff a page with the list of items from a supplier, with sell price, MPQ, and barcode and the reorder number, and a space where they fill in the quantity required. If it looked something like a PO printout, with lines under each item to make it easy to use it would be ideal! Any suggestions? Thanks! -- Philip Gass Donaghadee Garden Centre I don't have the nicely formatted form you're looking for, but if someone doesn't post the XML, you may have t...

Import New Table; Set Primary Key As AutoNumber
I've procrastinated long enough; I'm starting to learn Access now. I know a little actually, but not much. Anyway, I'm practicing with the NWind DB. I exported each table to an Excel sheet and then tried to import each Excel sheet to a new DB that I just created. A bit silly, but it's really helping me to learn. I though I had a handle on it, but when I tried to import the 'Orders' table, it comes in kind of weird. Under Field Name 'OrderID', the Data Type is Number, but I want it to be AutoNumber so I can create Relationships. I can't seem to ...

how do you set spam setting in outlook?
i have mail that keeps going into my spam box and i can not figure out how to stop this from happening with good email i receive? Is it going to the Junk E-mail folder or to a Spam folder? In case of the last, Outlook is not doing this but a 3rd party mail scanning tool that you have installed. If it is put there by the Outlook Junk E-mail filter, you can manage your exceptions via; Tools-> Options-> button Junk E-mail Options... -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, A...

Account setup: Test Account Setting always works
.... sending within outlook always fails. In both cases I am sending to the same external email address. Error message reads: "The operation timed out waiting for a response from the sending (SMTP) server" Now - I can understand that I may be having outbound authentication problems - but why does the test make it through then? Thanks for any help! -cf On 26 Jan 2005 13:26:38 -0800, coldfact@gmail.com wrote: > ... sending within outlook always fails. In both cases I am sending to > the same external email address. Error message reads: "The operation > timed out waiti...

Paging in datagrid in window application
Dear Friends, Please tell me how to do paging in datagrid for bulk record(approx 4,00,000) in windows application in c sharp. Thanks in advance ...

A2002: Set Options
In Czech version of Access we have VBA EN with EN menus, help, etc. In most cases it's not a problem. But I need strings for GetOption/SetOption method. It's very uncomfortable to write down those strings from the Option tabs. Where could I get Czech tranlation of "Set Options from Visual Basic" help? Thx for the idea & the link. The translator cannot be used.The translator:Show Status Bar => Ukazovat Spolecenske postaveni Piscina (non-sence & quite funny for status bar) :-DMS Access:Show Status Bar => Zobrazit stavovy radekVladoI have removed diacritics from s...

File set up query.
Can i set up an excel file to open automatically on pc start up? The easiest is to use the Startup folder available in the Start Menu. To access it go to Start - Programs - Startup. You can delete or add tasks here according to your needs. They will start after Windows logon. When you start Excel, all the files that are located in the XLStart folder are automatically opened. Additionally, if you specified an alternative startup folder for Excel, every file in that folder is also automatically opened. To specify an alternative startup folder, in Microsoft Excel 2002 or Microsof...

Form Restore From Switchboard Not Working
Hi All, hope someone can help me with a problem I haven't been able tofigure out or research the answer for. I have created "restore" and"maximize" functions for my forms in previous databases and they workgreat, but for some reason they are not working correctly in adatabase I am now working on. In the "Activate" event of the forms, Ihave used the following code, DoCmd.Restore. When I pull up the formin the database, it restores correctly, but when I call up the formthrough the Switchboard, it always maximizes. As to the Switchboard,I have checked the cod...

Publisher 2003 Need to set business card to Avery 5371 setting
I need to set the print settings so the business cardd that I created will print on Avery 5371 business cards Okay.........and your question is? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Jonathan" <Jonathan @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:187615DD-9EF1-42A2-8436-78E6E6C6ACE4@microsoft.com... >I need to set the print settings so the business cardd that I created will > print on Avery 5371 business cards Page setup, business cards, click change copies per sheet, type > .5 top, .75 side, zero gaps. Avery 5371 is a standard business card s...

I don't get any Windows updates.
I can't get any automatic updates and when I try manually I get the error code: 80072EFE. I haven't seen any resolutions for this in Microsoft help. Yankee wrote: > I can't get any automatic updates and when I try manually I get the error > code: 80072EFE. I haven't seen any resolutions for this in Microsoft help. Either read this - How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 and post back with some relevant information so that someone *may* assist you with this error or roll your own - http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.as...

MS Windows Explorer programming using VC++ ???
Hi I am writing a simple application to set up custom button control in MS windows explorer... Its like I shall be clicking on the button control and it shall be activating my custom program on the files/directories currently under selection... Having searched through a lot of MSDN stuff,, i could not find a way good enought to support me in my programming... Kindly suggest what needs to be done.... I am building this application in Microsoft Visual C++ using MFC... Also my platform is X86 with Windows 2000 Thanks in advance.. Regards, a.a.cpp I suggest reading the The Comple...

CreateToolhelp32Snapshot() and Windows 95/98/ME
Hello experts, I am using MS VC 6.0 and Vista. I've written a piece of code to get a list of the processes currently running on my computer. See the code below. The code works has expected (i.e. I get a bunch of .exe file names). I want my program to work with Win 95/98, so to test this I click right on the icon of my program, select "properties", pick tab "Compatibility", and I set the "Compatibility mode" to Windows 95 or Windows 98. With these two OS, the list contains only one process (taskeng.exe). I have an old computer running WinME, same result. Does a...

Numerical entry for list boxes on a user form
I have a user form with 3 text boxes that inputs information onto a worksheet. What code do I need to make sure the textboxes only accept numerical entry. ie I only want a user to enter numbers, not letters ....and would I put the code inbetween this section: - Private Sub TextBox2_Change() End Sub TIA See reply from Nicke to your question in .programming, and don't multipost. -- HTH RP "Anthony Slater" <AnthonySlater@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A87CD04E-5B58-46C4-B936-6B0433FCE8A6@microsoft.com... > I have a user form with 3 text boxes t...

Setting the Settings
Really quickly: How (exactly) does one get Publisher to remember the page settings I want. ie. every time I open a new document, I get centimeters, and usually, I'd prefer inches. I have not been able to find a "Save Settings" option anywhere. Can anyone help? thomas In Publisher 2000 it's Tools Options General tab Measurements unit box - select inches. OK That should do it. -- Don -------- Vancouver, USA - One of the great cities in one of the 45+ countries in America! "ThomasL" <tlammert@netcom.ca> wrote in message ne...

Best practice for setting default font settings in Word 2007
Could anyone tell me what Microsoft's "Best Practice" is for a company to change the default font settings in Word 2007? For example, if I wanted to change the default font to Times New Roman for all new documents and push this out to the company - does best practice remain the same as in Word 2003? Or has it changed with the inclusion of the default document settings and themes? Thanks so much! I am not sure how you did it in Word 2003, but in either case, I would not rely on customizing the Normal.dot template. You should create separate templates for your...

Present Power : Windows XP/Vista,Linux,Unix & Networks .
Present Power : Windows XP/Vista,Linux,Unix & Networks . Check all of these at , http://windowsdatabase.blogspot.com Lot more new trends are in queue,so visiting it for instant updates. ...

Setting network settings via Group Policy
Hi All, Have a random problem at the moment. Taken over a customer with a rouge router that keeps dishing out oddball dns entries every 30minutes via DHCP. I believe it's relaying from some old source. Until we track the problem down, what is the best way to set some DNS settings that wont change, IE set them manually via GPO. Thanks. Hello Gorge, Disable the router DHCP server and use a domain member server for DHCP or if only a DC exist use that one. Let the router do its baisc job, routing. Settings DNS servers with GPO can still result in the odd settings if ...

Windows 7 Pro group...?
Hi, Where do we discuss issues and solutions for Windows 7 professional...? Thanks for being pointed in the right direction... regards Tor "Jake" <jake44@gmail.com> wrote in message news:OmwB59PmKHA.5040@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Where do we discuss issues and solutions for Windows 7 professional...? > > Thanks for being pointed in the right direction... > > regards Tor <again> - does NO-ONE do any searching? Windows 7 Forums: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windows7 http://social.t...

Adding Category buttons to Task Form
There are about 5 Categories that I use time and again on my Tasks. I would much prefer to have a single click to select a Category, rather than click the Categories button, Select the Task and then click Ok (3 clicks). Is there any way I can put my commonly used Categories onto the Task Form as tick boxes and tick them from there? Or do they have to be in the popup Categories selector window? Regards, Jon ...

unable to set a record as private (activities)
Microsoft CRM v3 Customers and prospects are requesting the ability to mark a record (primarily notes and emails) as private such that only the owner and other internal party users on the record are able to open it. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http...

Setting Default Tab
When go to format tab setting, the default is always .5. I want to use .3, but when I set it to .3 (I think I am setting the default), it always reverts back to .5. What am I doing wrong? I want to stay put! This is particular aggravating in a long document like a book manuscript. I appreciate your input. Tom What version Publisher? First of all, long documents are best done in Word. You don't have to contend with text boxes. That said, the default tab setting is in the Format menu, tabs. Is this a fresh text box or one you have already typed into and now are trying to change the ta...

To set or not to Set...
I have a question, and I'm hoping some folks can give me feed back. I am running W2k with Ex2000 Entp. My mail box store is 24GBish. I have many users that have mail boxes over 500MB and a few that have them in the Gig range. I want to look into setting a policy that will "autoarchive" to a pst on their home drive to help reduce the size of the store. Questions 1 - What are the advantages/disadvanages of having a smaller store (besides quicker backup's and possible restores). Does it not really matter if the indivudal mail boxes get over 1Gig? Question 2 - Is ther...

Syncronize Textbox on form
Hello, I was wondering if it was possible to syncronize a textbox on a form to the record selector on the bottom of the form. I want the user to enter the current record number in the textbox. However, I want to syncronize it because at times, records are deleted so I want to make sure that if the current record number is inputted in the textbox as records get deleted, that number in the textbox will stay with that record number in the record selector on the bottom of the form. Thanks!!! Why do you want to do this? I can think of no useful purpose for this. In Access, the record nu...

SETTING UP AN EFT PROCESS
i want to take advantage of our bank's "Integrated Disbursement Servicess" and I believe using "EFT" will do this. This service allows me to generate a file to transmit to our bank and they either issue an ACH transaction or print a check and mail it for us. The transaction file needs to have the same informaiton as our current check stub. I would like to talk to someone that is already doing this. Thanks -- RON COX ...