Saving Record using Access FE to SQL BE

I'm using Access 2003 on the front end and SQL 2000 on the backend.  When I
click on a button on the front end form to save a newly created record,
what's the coding to save that record to the SQL server table?  The form
source is linked to the sql table.

Thanks for your help,
Blane

Blane

If you've created linked tables to SQL Server and are binding the linked
tables to your forms, you don't need to do anything to save the data: it'll
automatically be saved when you move to another record, just as it does when
you're using Jet tables (i.e. an MDB file)

If that's not what you're experiencing, you may have to give more details
about how your application is set up.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"Blane via AccessMonster.com" <u7122@uwe> wrote in message
> I'm using Access 2003 on the front end and SQL 2000 on the backend.  When
> click on a button on the front end form to save a newly created record,
> what's the coding to save that record to the SQL server table?  The form
> source is linked to the sql table.
>
> Thanks for your help,
> Blane

Douglas

BP3 Site Settings access

Using word templates as email
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I want to ask how I use a word template as an email template? I have found an easy solution for PC on MS own website but it does not apply for Mac...I know this must be straightforward but simply select-all, cut, paste into new message does not work and template falls apart....help !!!! You can't do that in Microsoft Office for Mac. You have to write the email in Word then use File>Send to>Mail recipient (as HTML) from inside Word. It still makes a mess of it. Best to simply forget about it: ...

Sometimes have to use "Rebuild All"
I have never noticed this before, but in this project I am working on right now, I made some changes and hit "F7" like normal, but it didn't detect the changes and didn't compile the new code. So for this one file I keep having to do a "rebuild all". Any ideas why this is happening and how to fix it? Yasoo wrote: >I have never noticed this before, but in this project I am working on right now, I made some changes and hit "F7" like normal, but it didn't detect the changes and didn't compile the new code. So for this one file I keep having to...

Unable to save password in Outlook 2003

Distribution List to use multiple emails for contact
I am trying to setup a Distribution List and want to include all email accounts setup for that contact when sending a message out. Currently I can only send out to the default email account. Is there a way to get this to work? The sending account is chosen at the time you send a message. It is not a property of either a Contact or a DL. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Tiffany" <tslaton@nuvox.net> wrote in message news:1783701c41deb$2ad1a940$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to setup a Distribution List and want to > include all email accounts setup for that conta...

Access Databases merging when syncing PDAs with Handbase
Help................. I have a probelm with seperate Access databases merging when PDA's are sync'd back to handbase. I have created a a handbase database created with Data Exchange to get the data into it. I then have a blank Acess database where the table etc etc match the Handbase database. I then out it onto several PDA's and data is collected. Then the PDA's are docked and the data updates in the Acess database.....all good !!! The work is carried out in serveal areas so I make a new database for each area........the probelm is thugh sometimes when a PDA is docked all...

Save and save as

Counting Multiple Records by specific criteria
Hi, I'm having problems getting the right formula to suit what I need. Basically I have a large spreadsheet containing many records and I want to count the number of records that meet three specific types of criteria. e.g. Column A = Type Column B = Status Column C = Ref No. (i.e. 1.06) The above columns have many different entries, therefore I would like to count the number of records which meet the following criteria. No of Records = Type A, Status X, Ref 1.06. I have used SUMProduct, CountIF and etc but I don't seem to be doing it correctly. I have do...

Saving Images

"Unattainable" savings goals

Importing from Outlook to Access
I am trying to set up an import between MS Access and Outlook. The basic purpose is to keep track of where a contract is in out multiple step review process. I want to set up a task to import the informational contents: i.e. name of contract from subject and date received to an Access table which will also contain fields with the time the primary review occurred, the time data entry entered info into our contracts database, and the time the secondary review occurred. I tried to import the first time and was successful However, for whatever reason I can not save the import to ...

Saving default tabs

setting a value to a field for all records
I need to create 'Select All' and 'Unselect All' buttons to put true or false in a yes/no field. Anyone have an idea for the easiest way to iterate through all the records? ...

Save to unProtect a Document?

Using variables in Chart Ranges
I have created a chart with a Value (data range) of ‘='Raw Data'!$S$3:$S$6’ but I need to make the number of rows to chart variable. I have created a variable called ‘numrows’ with the COUNTA option. How do I replace the $S$6 with numrows so when I import data into the Raw Data worksheet, the proper number of rows will be charted? Thanks You have to create a named range (variable) that describes the entire range, not just part of it, or a dimension of it. Then this variable can be used in the chart. Here are some examples and links: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dy...

Save csv format to dbf format

Daylight Savings Time #2

Automatic save of all messages from a known contact
Hi, I'd like to store automatically all messages from a known CRM Contact. If for example my customers email-address is somebody@somhow.com, I'd like to store automatically all his emails via the Exchange<->CRM Connector regardless to who they are sent to. Is that possible? regards Juergen Tolksdorf Hi Juergen. My company has a product called Effective Email that does exactly what you are asking for. There is a sync event that gets installed on the users inbox. When emails come in, it checks the senders address against the CRM database, and if a match exists, it creates a...

Advanced Lookups setup should let me exclude inactive records
Advanced Lookups setup should let me exclude inactive accounts, customers, vendors and employees as well as discontinued items. There should be an option in the lookup windows to include these inactive/ discontinued master records if desired. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree"...

Custom CRM report using Crystal Reports
I am trying to create a custom report for CRM using Crystal Reports. From SQL Server Query Analyzer I can get the information I need with the following query: SELECT s.value, s.attributevalue, accountcategorycode FROM account a JOIN stringmap s ON s.attributevalue=a.accountcategorycode and s.attributename='accountcategorycode' ORDER BY s.value However, I cannot create this JOIN ("link" in Crystal Reports termonology). When I try to JOIN the tables, Crystal tells me the data types are incompatible. In SQL Server, the account.accountcategorycode and the stringmap.attribu...