Saving data that is linked from other form

can i ask u another question?
I have a form with ItemID and another form with ItemID too. This means this 2
forms are linked based on the ItemID. So, when i want to add record in the
second form, i need to type in the itemID again although it is under the same
category. So, to make it easier, I put the ItemID linked from the first form
and under the control source, i put  =Forms!Item!ItemID and it really works..
However, when I want to save the record, all the other item can be saved
except that particular ItemID that is being linked from the first form.
May I know how to save the data in? Or perhaps any other idea?

EMILYTAN

Hi Emily,

There are very little information on what really you want to do.
What i can guess is you really want is a combobox?

EMILYTAN wrote:
>can i ask u another question?
>I have a form with ItemID and another form with ItemID too. This means this 2
>forms are linked based on the ItemID. So, when i want to add record in the
>second form, i need to type in the itemID again although it is under the same
>category. So, to make it easier, I put the ItemID linked from the first form
>and under the control source, i put  =Forms!Item!ItemID and it really works..
>However, when I want to save the record, all the other item can be saved
>except that particular ItemID that is being linked from the first form.
>May I know how to save the data in? Or perhaps any other idea?

AccessVandal

Modify scale in X axis on a scatter plot from Pivot data
I need to increase the gap between my labels on the X axis in a scatter plot. They are too close and I can not read the labels unless i make them 4pt and zoom in to 200%. There are about 200 points on the X axis at .2 increments. I would like to be able to have labels for whole numbers only. I can not use a fixed set of values by generating a dummy X-axis since the range changes as I apply the different filters. Any ideas? thanks! Sandy Pivot charts don't let you change the spacing of the categories. They also don't let you make an XY (scatter) chart, so you probably have ...

Unable to save password in Outlook 2003

Value of a data point in a graph
Hi folks, I use following algorithm to read the value of data point: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> On Error Resume Next For Serie = 1 To NumOfRows For DataPnt = 1 To NumOfColumns Set ChtPt = _ ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(Ser...

Save and save as

Updating links that use SUMIF
I am having a problem a link to another workbook. The link uses SUMI formulas. When I go into the destination workbook, I hit update file. The formula becomes #VALUE. I go under Edit/Links (using Check Status Update Values) and it remains #VALUE. The odd thing is that when I hi check status, the source workbook changes from unknown to OK. If I g in the next time, it reverts back to Unknown. I have installed Service Pack 3 and thing have not improved. I als have Caluclation set to Update Remote References. The only way that can get the formula to work correctly is to open the source ...

Cell data changes when copying and pasting
I've got Excel 2002 SP2. Another person in our office has Excel 2000. She entered a bunch of data into a spreadsheet for me (the data is dates in mm/dd/yyyy format). When I copy and paste her data into a new spreadsheet in one of my existing files, the dates change. This seems to be the rule of what is happening: when I copy and paste a cell into my sheet, it adds 1 to the day and 4 to the year. For example, if she typed 12/18/2003, it pastes it as 12/19/2007; if she typed 4/15/2004, it pastes as 4/16/2008. We are both baffled by this. There are no formulas being used, just a basic...

How to retrieve source data from data plots only?
Hi, I would appreciate any help on this. Basically, I have got some plots in Excel from my colleague. He had deleted all the source data used to generate those plots since he only cares about the plots. However, the source data is what I really need. I know by clicking on each data point in a plot, you can view the value of that data point. But is there a way to retrieve all the source data at once? There are simply too many data points in a plot for me to do this one by one. Thanks, Fang I have found a macro for doing this. I am posting the link here in case someone runs into the same p...

Saving Images

Can I email url links
OK, I understand security concerns! I would like to email url links to other co-workers using Outlook 2003 and Exchange server. Sureoly there is some way to do this? Thanks! Bates... You have me at a little disadvantage. I use Outlook 2000. Did you ever use Outlook 2000 and were you ever successful using URLs? The reason I ask is that I AM able to send in Outlook 2000. If you are not the Exchange Administrator, you might consider asking him/her if there has been extra security added somewhere. Best of luck, Craig >-----Original Message----- >OK, I understand security c...

ATTN: Need to import data from access database, hosted on web.
This should be fun. I can use the import data feature to get data into excel from a loca access database, But i need a central access dbase on the web, and when someone open the excel workbook, it auto updates from the access dbase hosted on th web server. Im assuming this has something to to with the connection strings et that i need to write, could anyone point me in the right direction o post a solution, many many thanks in advance. Pau -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Excel loses linked workbook
I have an error (or don’t understand the workings of the new version of excel). I have a workbook G:\2009\Monthly Reporting Working Files\P05\Trial Balance\YTD Financials.xlsx. This workbook is linked to the period 04 version workbook (G:\2009\Monthly Reporting Working Files\P04\Trial Balance\YTD Financials.xlsx). Note it is has the same file name but is held in a different location. It links to cell D47 of period 4 and then adds current month. The formula works ok but when I save the document the links get broken and the cells become a circular reference. I can’t understand why. I ha...

"Unattainable" savings goals

Label on form question
I have a label on one particular form that displays differently depending on the user. The form is a "home screen" of a Front End MDE that has been distributed. The label in question, on 2 particular users, seems to stretch the font, which results in a portion of the left and right ends being cut off. (Alignment of the label is set to Center.) Pixel settings on ALL user's display is set to 1024x768, so that doesn't appear to be the problem. All other labels within the database are fine, including other labels that exist on that same form. What would cause this behavior? ...

Saving default tabs

Getting data from a webpage
Okay, I'm needing to do this same thing again, but can't figure out where the item/innertext I need is: The webpage is: http://www.gocomics.com/calvinandhobbes/2010/01/16 ....and what I need is the image (on this particular page it's): http://imgsrv.gocomics.com/dim/?fh=83fba46523c3b2f31aeb078a548010a8&w=900.0 thanks, SouthernAtHeart "Joel" wrote: > You don't need to get the source. You can use the IE explorer like below to > help you filter the data. The source is under the IE.Document.all property. > You can get these lines...

Save to unProtect a Document?

Save csv format to dbf format

Adding text to a form
I tried to find an answer today but I could not I wan't to insert a stic help text in the accounts form. I do not want to use popups I jest want to put a text in the bottom of the form How do I do this? I had the same problem - I ended up creating a section to use that as my static text. You would think there would be a better solution that that, but I could not find any. "stella7113" wrote: > I tried to find an answer today but I could not > > > > I wan't to insert a stic help text in the accounts form. I do not want > to use popups I jest want...

Table to feed form instead of lenghty code?
Hello, I a database that is kind of like an Auction type deal. If a user enters their user ID and click the button, it will automatically display their chosen private ID (or Auction ID). What I want to know is, I have 80 people in my department and the code (only way I know how to do it) will become very long. Can I set up a table with the User ID and Private ID and when the button is clicked, have it read from the table and display the Private ID that way? Below is how I am going to do it if no alternative. Private Sub cmdStatusUpdate_Click() Me.NewBid.Locked = False ...

How to re-fresh the import links if it fails?
I would like to retry 5 times to retrieve data from import links if it fails to be retrieved. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to refresh the import links if it fails? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Dim qtEntry As QueryTable Dim qryConnect As String Dim anyRange As Range Dim anySheet As Worksheet Set anyRange = Sheets("1").Range("A1:" & _ Sheets("1").Range("A1").SpecialCells(xlLastCell).Address) On Error Resume Next ' err...