Runtime error 2450 when applying a filter to a form

I have created a database with a search form called frmStockSearch
based on Allen Browne's (http://www.allenbrowne.com/ser-62.html)
excellent example, which works absolutely fine. In fact, it worked so
well that I copied the search form into another database, renamed it,
adapted the code and expanded it to make another search form called
frmCustomerSearch. This worked absolutely fine for a long time until
recently when my boss asked me to add another piece of search criteria
to the form. The form still works fine until I enter something into
this new search box when I get runtime error 2450 saying that
frmstocksearch (the old form!!) cannot be found!! I have been through
all the code for the entire project with a fine toothcomb and there is
not one reference to the old search form name. I have checked every
aspect of access I can think of and I cannot find any problems. The
search form still works fine with any other search criteria. Here is
the code for the serch box that brings up the error:

Private Sub cmdFilter_Click()
    'Purpose    Build up the criteria string form the non-blank search
boxes, and apply to the form's Filter.
    'Note       We tack " AND " on the end of each condition so you
can easily add more
    '           search boxes; we remove the trailing " AND " at the
end.

    Dim strWhere As String                  'The criteria string.
    Dim lngLen As Long                      'Length of the criteria
string to append to.

'***********************************************************************
    'Look at each search box, and build up the criteria string from
the non-blank ones.

'***********************************************************************

    If Not IsNull(Me.cboRegion) Then
        strWhere = strWhere & "([Region] = """ & Me.cboRegion & """)
AND "
    End If

'***********************************************************************
    'Chop off the trailing " AND ", and use the string as the form's
Filter.

'***********************************************************************
    'See if the string has more than 5 characters (a trailng " AND ")
to remove.
    lngLen = Len(strWhere) - 5
    If lngLen <= 0 Then     'String is empty
        Me.FilterOn = False
    Else                    'String is not empty
        strWhere = Left$(strWhere, lngLen)

        'Finally, apply the string as the form's Filter, and store it
in an invisible text box
        'for future use
        Debug.Print strWhere
        Me.Filter = strWhere
        txtstrWhere = strWhere
        Me.FilterOn = True
    End If

    Me.txtID.SetFocus
End Sub

Note there are lots of other search criteria that I have not bothered
to put in as these work fine.

Thank you in advance for any help!!!

0
omar

Sounds like something is corrupt in this database. Try this sequence (in
order):

1. Uncheck the boxes under:
    Tools | Options | General | Name AutoCorrect
In Access 2007, it's:
    Office Button | Access Options | Current Database | Name AutoCorrect
Explanation of why:
    http://allenbrowne.com/bug-03.html

2. Compact the database to get rid of this junk:
    Tools | Database Utilities | Compact/Repair
or in Access 2007:
    Office Button | Manage | Compact/Repair

3. Close Access. Make a backup copy of the file. Decompile the database by
entering something like this at the command prompt while Access is not
running. It is all one line, and include the quotes:
    "c:\Program Files\Microsoft office\office\msaccess.exe" /decompile
        "c:\MyPath\MyDatabase.mdb"

4. Open Access (holding down the Shift key if you have any startup code),
and compact again.

5. Open a code window.
Choose References from the Tools menu.
Uncheck any references you do not need.
For a list of the ones you typically need in your version of Access, see:
    http://allenbrowne.com/ser-38.html

6. Still in the code window, choose Compile from the Debug menu.
Fix any errors, and repeat until it compiles okay.

At this point, you should have a database where the name-autocorrect errors
are gone, the indexes are repaired, inconsistencies between the text- and
compiled-versions of the code are fixed, reference ambiguities are resolved,
and the code syntax is compilable.

If it is still a problem, the next step would be to get Access to rebuild
the database for you. Follow the steps for the first symptom in this
article:
    Recovering from Corruption
at:
    http://allenbrowne.com/ser-47.html

<omar.norton@gmail.com> wrote in message
> [...]
> Filter.
>
> '***********************************************************************
>    'See if the string has more than 5 characters (a trailng " AND ")
> to remove.
>    lngLen = Len(strWhere) - 5
>    If lngLen <= 0 Then     'String is empty
>        Me.FilterOn = False
>    Else                    'String is not empty
>        strWhere = Left$(strWhere, lngLen)
>
>        'Finally, apply the string as the form's Filter, and store it
> in an invisible text box
>        'for future use
>        Debug.Print strWhere
>        Me.Filter = strWhere
>        txtstrWhere = strWhere
>        Me.FilterOn = True
>    End If
>
>    Me.txtID.SetFocus
> End Sub
>
> Note there are lots of other search criteria that I have not bothered

0
Allen
7/9/2007 2:51:28 PM
Hi, thanks for your reply. I've tried all the steps you've listed, in
order, but the problem still persists. When I recompiled the database,
there were no errors. I even tried importing the original
frmStockSearch into the database, but the exact same error message
still turned up.

Can anyone think of any other solutions? The error just doesn't make
sense to me, as every other control works just fine and I can't find a
single reference to "frmStockSearch". I'm running Access 2003 on WinXP
SP2.

Thanks for everyone's help!

0
omar
7/10/2007 2:32:17 PM
Hmm. I would have expected that the combination of of turning Name
AutoCorrect off and decompiling would have elimintated the non-existent name
"frmStockSearch".

An alternative way to approach this would be:
1. Copy all the code from your module out to Notepad, and save it as a text
file.

2. Set the form's HasModule property to No. Access will question whether you
really want to lose all the code in the form: answer Yes.

3. Save and close the form.

4. Compact the database. Twice.

5. Open the form in design view.
Click the Code button on the toolbar.
Access opens the code window.
Paste the code back in from Notepad.

6. In the code window, choose Compile on the Debug menu.

This performs the same thing as a decompile - eliminating the compiled code,
and forcing Access to recreate it.

> Hi, thanks for your reply. I've tried all the steps you've listed, in
> order, but the problem still persists. When I recompiled the database,
> there were no errors. I even tried importing the original
> frmStockSearch into the database, but the exact same error message
> still turned up.
>
> Can anyone think of any other solutions? The error just doesn't make
> sense to me, as every other control works just fine and I can't find a
> single reference to "frmStockSearch". I'm running Access 2003 on WinXP
> SP2.
>
> Thanks for everyone's help!

0
Allen
7/10/2007 2:39:56 PM
On 10 Jul, 15:39, "Allen Browne" <AllenBro...@SeeSig.Invalid> wrote:
> Hmm. I would have expected that the combination of of turning Name
> AutoCorrect off and decompiling would have elimintated the non-existent name
> "frmStockSearch".
>
> An alternative way to approach this would be:
> 1. Copy all the code from your module out to Notepad, and save it as a text
> file.
>
> 2. Set the form's HasModule property to No. Access will question whether you
> really want to lose all the code in the form: answer Yes.
>
> 3. Save and close the form.
>
> 4. Compact the database. Twice.
>
> 5. Open the form in design view.
> Click the Code button on the toolbar.
> Access opens the code window.
> Paste the code back in from Notepad.
>
> 6. In the code window, choose Compile on the Debug menu.
>
> This performs the same thing as a decompile - eliminating the compiled code,
> and forcing Access to recreate it.

> Tips for Access users -http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html
>
> <omar.nor...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Hi, thanks for your reply. I've tried all the steps you've listed, in
> > order, but the problem still persists. When I recompiled the database,
> > there were no errors. I even tried importing the original
> > frmStockSearch into the database, but the exact same error message
> > still turned up.
>
> > Can anyone think of any other solutions? The error just doesn't make
> > sense to me, as every other control works just fine and I can't find a
> > single reference to "frmStockSearch". I'm running Access 2003 on WinXP
> > SP2.
>
> > Thanks for everyone's help!- Hide quoted text -

Nope, still coming up with the same problem! I noticed something
strange this time as well - after I had done all the steps you
mentioned in the last post I went back into design view and changed
the control from a combo box to a text box to see if that changed
anything. It didn't so I went back into design view and changed it
back. Then when I selected the control I noticed it was grouped with
some controls at the other end of the form (?!) When I ungrouped them,
it grouped itself with another lot of controls and so I repeated this
about 4 times, each time it would group itself with another control
(it eventually ungrouped after about 3-4 times). I don't know if that
has any link to this problem but just thought i'd throw that one in
there!!

0
omar
7/11/2007 1:36:07 PM
I don't have any further suggestions for you.

> On 10 Jul, 15:39, "Allen Browne" <AllenBro...@SeeSig.Invalid> wrote:
>> Hmm. I would have expected that the combination of of turning Name
>> AutoCorrect off and decompiling would have elimintated the non-existent
>> name
>> "frmStockSearch".
>>
>> An alternative way to approach this would be:
>> 1. Copy all the code from your module out to Notepad, and save it as a
>> text
>> file.
>>
>> 2. Set the form's HasModule property to No. Access will question whether
>> you
>> really want to lose all the code in the form: answer Yes.
>>
>> 3. Save and close the form.
>>
>> 4. Compact the database. Twice.
>>
>> 5. Open the form in design view.
>> Click the Code button on the toolbar.
>> Access opens the code window.
>> Paste the code back in from Notepad.
>>
>> 6. In the code window, choose Compile on the Debug menu.
>>
>> This performs the same thing as a decompile - eliminating the compiled
>> code,
>> and forcing Access to recreate it.
>>
>> --
>> Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP.  Perth, Western Australia
>> Tips for Access users -http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html
>> Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org.
>>
>> <omar.nor...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>> > Hi, thanks for your reply. I've tried all the steps you've listed, in
>> > order, but the problem still persists. When I recompiled the database,
>> > there were no errors. I even tried importing the original
>> > frmStockSearch into the database, but the exact same error message
>> > still turned up.
>>
>> > Can anyone think of any other solutions? The error just doesn't make
>> > sense to me, as every other control works just fine and I can't find a
>> > single reference to "frmStockSearch". I'm running Access 2003 on WinXP
>> > SP2.
>>
>> > Thanks for everyone's help!- Hide quoted text -

> Nope, still coming up with the same problem! I noticed something
> strange this time as well - after I had done all the steps you
> mentioned in the last post I went back into design view and changed
> the control from a combo box to a text box to see if that changed
> anything. It didn't so I went back into design view and changed it
> back. Then when I selected the control I noticed it was grouped with
> some controls at the other end of the form (?!) When I ungrouped them,
> it grouped itself with another lot of controls and so I repeated this
> about 4 times, each time it would group itself with another control
> (it eventually ungrouped after about 3-4 times). I don't know if that
> has any link to this problem but just thought i'd throw that one in
> there!!

0
Allen

Updating filtered file list CFileDialog
I have a class derived from CFileDialog in which I have overloaded the OnTypeChange() member so as to update the filename's extension when the user changes the file type. This much works great. I would like to have the functionality where, upon opening a Save dialog, the default file extension is set to that of a currently open file. I've gone into the OnInitDialog function and been able to set the file type selector appropriately (it defaults to the first item otherwise), but I have had no luck getting the file list to filter per that extension (it remains filtered per the first it...

Listbox Itemdata editable at runtime?
I have a listbox with data populated from a SQL Server 2000 database table. I have a subform that works like editbox for the record selected on the listbox. I am trying to make the listbox values be updated when data is changed and the record is updated from subform. I am doing this in the subform's afterupdate event: Private Sub Form_AfterUpdate() Me.Parent.lstORServiceLevelApprovals.ItemData(6, lIndex) = fieldvalue End Sub Here the lIndex is presaved listindex of the listbox in mainform and the fieldvalue is value of the bonded field value on subform same as column 6 of the l...

error on save
i am using publisher 2003 and when i try to save the project i am working on, i am getting an error "cannot create a temporary working file" anyone have any idea what or why this is? thanks. NEVER MIND - I FOUND A FIX FOR THIS. THANKS! "AL" wrote: > i am using publisher 2003 and when i try to save the project i am working on, > i am getting an error "cannot create a temporary working file" anyone have > any idea what or why this is? thanks. Have you looked to see *where* you're saving this file? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ...

protection error
I have a problem with protection tool in excel. I set protection to worksheet, but it had not applied to whole sheet. Some parts can still be editing. Why protection does not applied to whole worksheet? How can I fix it? Could you help me please? Thanks, The cells on the sheet that can still be edited are probably not "Locked". Select one of those cells and use Format --> Cells and go to the [Protection] tab. If the check box next to "Locked" is empty, it means that the cell may be edited even when the sheet is protected. "Selen" wrot...

Creating ToolBar at runtime
hai I am Working in VC++ and I need to create Toolbars at Run Time but I have no Idea how to Start and where to look into could any one help me -praveen When you create a doc/view application using the wizard, it creates the code which creates a toolbar at run time. I am not sure if thats what you are asking. If you mean that you need to provide the bitmaps and button info at run time, you can do that as well. Take a look at CToolBar class. It has bunch of methods including setting all properties at run time, including image lists, button info etc. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra...

"Edit List Items" on runtime?
I have some database forms in Access 2007 set up so that when I use a combo box control, a little button shows up at the bottom that says "Edit List Items." When I click this, it opens up the form behind the combo box and lets me add a new item. When I give this form to my coworker using the Access 2007 Runtime though, these Edit List Items buttons don't show up. Is there a way I can make them visible on the runtime? Or an alternative to let them add a new list item? Thanks, Joel ...

can i load bitmap in runtime in MFC?Thanks
I created a Picture control on a dialog and use CFileDialog to get the BMP filepath, then how to load the selected BMP to the Picture control? Thanks pcserver wrote: > I created a Picture control on a dialog > and use CFileDialog to get the BMP filepath, then how to load the selected > BMP to the Picture control? > > Thanks > > CStatic control is able to show bitmaps. Drop Picture control onto dialog and change its style to bitmap. And with LoadImage function you can load bitmap from file.... look for this article http://www.codeproject.com/bitmap/transbitma...

Unhandled Form Exception
Hi, On Citrix boxes, GP 7.5, SQL Server 2000 all of a sudden on one of the citrix boxes users cannot get into great plains. The get the following error message: Unhandled form exception: Cannot open form. Script terminated EXCEPTION_CLASS_FORM_MISSING We got everyone off of that citrix box and rebooted the box but we still have the issue. Any ideas? TIA Ok I solved it! In Yahoo Great Plains groups I was able to search the archives for Unhandled Form Exception and found some reports. Most of these errors come from some kind of trouble with the .dic file it seems. Some are secu...

Adding a 'NEXT' button to the email activity form.
It'd be really convenient to add a button to the Email Activity view that would open the next email in a chain of emails... In some instances, we have correspondence going back and forth 10 or so times. Currently, we have to load the contact form, go to the history view, open the first email, close it, then open the second, close it, the open the third etc... It would be nice to have a button on the form, that uses the tracking token to open the next email in that chain of emails. Then you could just click on next, next, next, to get the jist of the correspondence. Thanks, ----...

runtime error 1004 #2
I'm having this problem with this code when i try to run this in spanish version but no in english version: Public Function gf_CopyPasteData(s_range As String, s_range2 As String, i_start_sheet_index As Integer, i_end_sheet_index As Integer) As Integer 'copies data from sheet one sheet to another sheet If CInt(Range(s_range).Count) = CInt(Range(s_range2).Count) Then Sheets(i_start_sheet_index).Range(s_range).Copy _ Destination:=Sheets(i_end_sheet_index).Range(s_range2) 'validation passed, both ranges are of the same size gf_CopyPasteData =...

recall details in second form
Respected Masters, (Access), I am a trying to create a database , i have run to the wall with this, i have a problem, i want a few details entered in a form1 (tbl1) to appear in the form2 (that contains full detils from tbl2 and few details from tbl1) similarly ON FORM 3 i want full details from table 3 and again the same few detials from tbl1.... for ex. tbl1 = tbl1ID,1,2,3,4,5 Columns with details tbl2= tbl2ID,1,,6,7,8,9,10.Columns with details tbl3= tbl3id,1,11,12,13,14,15.Columns with details frm1= 1,2,3,4,5,, +button that opens frm2 with 1,2,3,,6,7,8,9,10.(Column details) second button ...

options error
Using XP Home - get ""Cannot access directory d:\My Documents" whenever I click on any tab in the Options dialogue box. So I cant change tanything including the default location of files. Also get an error message when Excel tries to autosave. I have removed and reinstalled Office, have installed SP1, started Excel from "Run"using "/safe" - but same happens. Have searched knowledgebase and found no hits for the Options issue, but found 1 for autosave - solution suggested is SP1. have seen 2 similar postings somewhere in this community which is wher I ...

OWA
When user attempts to log off they end up on a page: http://.../exchange/ggdimov/?Cmd=logoff but a message is displayed saying page cannot be displayed - HTTP 500 - Internal server error. How can that be fixed? We have only one exchange 2000 STD server SP3 on Windows 2000 Advanced Server with SP4 Thanks George MCP 318239 XCCC: "HTTP 500" Error Message Occurs When You Log Off or You Use http://support.microsoft.com/?id=318239 Thanks, Richard Roddy Microsoft Exchange Support This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. -------------------...

DAO error
When I load certain programs (i.e. Roxio Creator 2009, a program to track diabetes data), I get a series of error messages: 1. "Please wait while Windows configures DAO" 2. A dialog box requesting a location to search for the file 3. "Error 1706. No valid source could be found for product DAO...." I ahve had MS Access 2005 installed; I also just installed MS Office 2010 (including Access). I got the message during both periods. The Roxio program seems to work OK without the fix, but it's annoying. How can I make it stop? Thanks a heap, -Zz WinXP...

Error while opening spreadsheets
Whenever i open any excel spreadsheet, i get this error saying that "A Document with the name "name of the Spreadsheet" is already open. You can not open two documents with the same name, even if the documents are in defferent folders" Pls help me on this as i hv neither any document of the same name nor am i trying to open one. This might be it: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#AlreadyOpen (From Debra Dalgleish's site) "Bij." wrote: > > Whenever i open any excel spreadsheet, i get this error > saying that > "A Document with ...

GenerateAuthenticationHeader Error 401 Unauthorized in MSCRM 4.0
var lookupItem = new Array; lookupItem = crmForm.all.primarycontactid.DataValue; var sGUID=lookupItem[0].id; var Url ="http://" + document.domain + ":5555"; var serverUrl = Url + "/MSCrmServices/2007/CrmService.asmx"; var xml = "" + "<?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"utf-8\"?>" + "<soap:Envelope xmlnsoap=\"http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/\" xmlns:xsi=\"http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance\" xmlns:xsd=\"http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema\">" + GenerateAu...

2003 runtime and 2007 runtime on same PC
Hi all I currently have about 100 users using a FE/BE (SQL backend) with 2003 runtime. Another department now want a db and I would like to develop in 2007 and have them used 2007 runtime. Each department will only use their db but a couple of people (directors....) will need to be able to get into both. Will there be the "application install" delay with runtime? Can a pc have both runtime versions installed? Thanks for the help. -- Cheers On Wed, 24 Mar 2010 04:02:01 -0700, Cadburys <Cadburys@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: An A2003 application r...

Socket Error WSAEPROVIDERFAILEDINIT
Hola a todo el mundo.... Mi problema es al crear un socket sobre w2k3, el valor de retorno es WSAEPROVIDERFAILEDINIT. El entorno en el que trabajo es el siguiente: Tengo un LSP registrado en la lista de catalogos de windows, los eventos que manejo son: lpProcTable->lpWSPConnect =3D WSPConnect; lpProcTable->lpWSPAccept =3D WSPAccept; Adem=E1s tengo un servicio que abre un puerto (0x0B50), pero al momento de crear el socket, este retorna WSAEPROVIDERFAILEDINIT, un fragmento del c=F3digo es. ..=2E ..=2E. wVersionRequested =3D MAKEWORD(2, 0); err =3D WSAStartup(wVersionRequested, &am...

Sales for Outlook error (long)
I have installed crm 1.2 using the iso images from my MSDN subscription. Server is set up and working on 2003 Server running SQL 2000, sp3 and hotfix MS03-31. Can access and use crm fine from any machines on the domain via IE, but can't get Sales for Outlook to work. The Sales for Outlook on a client machine installation goes fine, but when I open Outlook and click on the "Microsoft CRM" folder (or any subfolder) I get the pretty CRM error box (the one with the huge red X) that says, "An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator." I...

Intelligent Message Filtering
I recently installed SP2 on my Exchange 2003 servers. IMF was not installed previously. Now that SP2 is installed I'm trying to configure the SCL ratings. However, when I make any changes and then click Apply I get the following error: The requested operation did not satisfy one or more constraints associated with the class of the object. Facility: LDAP Provider ID no: 80072014 Microsoft Intelligent Message Filter Any ideas? That error comes from Active Directory. That error typically indicates access rights poblem. Was SP2 installed by yourself under the same credentials y...

fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'mfc71.lib'
I have a project that was built with VS 2003. After doing the auto conversion with VS 2005, I now get this error message when linking: fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'mfc71.lib' There is only one .cpp file in this project. There is no reference to MFC71.lib in the project. Any ideas? > I have a project that was built with VS 2003. After doing the auto > conversion with VS 2005, I now get this error message when linking: > > fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'mfc71.lib' > > There is only one .cpp file in this project. There is no reference to &g...

vlookup error #4
i have this formula =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A2,'\\Malcolmp\shared\My Documents\[Share Recommendations.xls]Portfolio'!$A$6:$J$67,10,FALSE)),"""", VLOOKUP(A2,'\\Malcolmp\shared\My Documents\[Share Recommendations.xls]'Portfolio'!$A$6:$J$67,10,FALSE)) i cant see what is wrong with it but i get an error based on \\Malcolmp\shared\My in the 2nd line much appreciated if anyone can help for some reason i dont get the error if i have the filepath pointing to a document on my hard drive rather than elsewhere onthe server. "Micayla Bergen" wrote: > i...

Access 2007 Runtime on Machine With Older Version?
A client of mine likes some of the new bells and whistles in Access 2007, and is thinking about converting our A03 format MDB to an A07 format file. However, while some of the users have A07, many do not, and it's not clear when they would get it. His thought was to use the upcoming Access 2007 runtime to allow the users who are still running Office 2003 to be able to run the database. While I use multiple versions of Access on my development machine, I advised him against this, as I recall from years ago with the Access 97 runtime that it caused problems when run on a machine that...

Outlook 2003 Errors sending emails
I am getting error message when sending emails. This happans since I have installed the new outlook 2003. I am getting the following error message: The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'pdegeus@mns.com' on 22-Dec-03 9:44 PM 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1) Any idea what this is Maybe check spelling MSN instead of MNS? "pdegeus@msn.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<056901c3c8ff$d83455b0$a101280a@phx.gbl>... > I am getting error message when sending emai...

upgrade to 2007 gets MAPI32.dll error
I have a user who upgraded her office 2003 to 2007(educational version) but since, whenever she tries to start outlook she gets an error 'cannot start microsoft outlook... mapi32.dll is missing or corrupt' She said she did try reinstalling and she did run the fixmapi program. Anything else?? thanks CR Just delete the mapi32.dll it will regenerate on its own "CRNews" wrote: > I have a user who upgraded her office 2003 to 2007(educational version) > but since, whenever she tries to start > outlook she gets an error 'cannot start microsoft outlook......