Running a query with information in a continuous subform

All,

I have a continuous subform that displays a list of contacts
associated with a department. I am trying to allow the user to mark an
individual conact for deletion. Right now I have a command button in
place that check performs a simple check and then opens an append
query. I am trying to pull the individuals information from the
continuous subform, but the query asks me to input the values. The
fields are defined in the query as Forms![FormName]![FieldName]. Is
there a way to do this?

Thank you,

John
0
Turner

You have to tell it the form and subform like this ---
Forms![FormName]![SubFormName]![FieldName]
You will also need to somehow limit it to the one record you want to append.

An easier way is to add a Yes/No field to mark the records for archive and
have your subform query only pull records that are not marked - therefore no
appending or deleting.  The information is always available in the one table.

--
KARL DEWEY
Build a little - Test a little

<Turner.John.P@gmail.com> wrote in message
> All,
>
> I have a continuous subform that displays a list of contacts
> associated with a department. I am trying to allow the user to mark an
> individual conact for deletion. Right now I have a command button in
> place that check performs a simple check and then opens an append
> query. I am trying to pull the individuals information from the
> continuous subform, but the query asks me to input the values. The
> fields are defined in the query as Forms![FormName]![FieldName]. Is
> there a way to do this?
>
> Thank you,
>
> John

Because the form in question is a subform, your syntax needs to be:

Forms![Main Form Name]![Subform Control Name].Form![Field Name]

0
Stuart
11/27/2007 10:42:40 PM
Thank you all for the tip.

John
0
Turner

easy way around "not updateable query" for sums?
I have a table. I am trying to update that table based on a query. The query involved used sums. When I try to this, I get "this is not an updatable query." I know the cause for it, the fact that the query has sums. I also know the way around it. Run my query as a make table query, then build my update query from that. This project would have me doing this a couple of dozen times. I really do not want to build 24 make table queries, 24 update queries, and then have to delete those 24 tables. If nothing else, I would expect that would seriously fragment my databse,...

Need only one DLL instance to run...

Query Exchange/AD for users that have OWA enabled
Does anyone know if there is a query that I can run to give me a list of all user accounts that have the OWA feature enabled? We have 900 accounts, and we only allow some user "types" to have OWA access... We are running Exchange 2003 on Win2003 server, Active Directory, etc. Please forgive me if I am posting to the incorrect group (Exchange instead of AD?) Thanks. Donna ...

run time error 10-22-03

Automatically run macro

Excel Continuous Running Total

Update subform field from pop-up form
I have a Form with 2 subforms. I need the ability to change the Child Field on the second subform to a value found in a pop-up form. I have the following structure: FrmMain Primary Key: ClientNo FrmSubVisit Record Source: q_frm_sub_visits_active Field 1: Account Field 2: AccDate Link Child Fields: ClientNo Link Master Fields: ClientNo Default View: Continuous FrmSubEvent Record Source: q_frm_sub_events Field 1: Account Field 2: EventNo Link Child Fields: Account Link Master Fields: txtRelayAccount (text relay on FrmMain from frmSubVisit) Default View: Single Form The “Account” on frm...

Magic Folder
Hi there, A co-worker accidently move Inbox messages to the "Mailbox - xxxx, yyy" (Exchange Server) and can't find any of the messages again. Where is this "Top of Information Store" folder located? If I send a UnRead Message into that "Mailbox - ", I can see it in "Unread Mail" and the name of the folder "Top of Information". I can do Advance Find and it can find messages in that folder, but how do I get into that folder? Robert Run the ADVANCED FIND and move the messages back into the inbox from the FIND window. -- Nikki Peterso...

Access97 Queries connecting via ODBC to Sybase SQLanywhere backend
I have a Access97 frontend database and it links tables and queries to a Sybase SQLAnywhere backend database. I have imported all the tables from the SQLAnywhere into a Access97 database. I have changed the linked relationship in the tables section to point to the Access97 backend now and not the Sybase backend. Problem is I have SQL queries written in the Access 97 frontend that still try to access Sybase via ODBC. How do I change these queries to access the new Backend. Jamie Network Administrator If the queries were originally written using linked tables, they should still work. Ho...

Money 2002 will not run

Get query from Access
Hello, trying to do a query. So I do the following: Data->get external data->New database query, then from the Choose Data source, I choose MS 97 ACCESS DATABASE*, then I select the database. This brings me to the QUERY wizard-Choose columns When I double click on the table/query I want, it doesn't bring the columns to choose. It changes the + sign to - sign but nothing else. I try a different database, and on this one it does work. So not sure why only on one database it works. Any suggestions? Would appreciate it. thanks, Juan ...

Re: Workflow just wont run automatically, i have to run them manually
Yes, but i realized what i was doing wrong. I assumed [bad idea] that if i create a case and hit Save & Close the first time, taht the rule will run. In order for the rule to run automatically, it has to be Save, once it saves it, then Save & Close. Thanks for your reply. "Hi, Did you check the workflow monitor to see if the rules get triggered correctly and complete sucessfully ? Have a nice day, St=E9phane Dorrekens " --------------= Posted using GrabIt =---------------- ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =--------- -= Get GrabIt for free from http://...

Outlook Still Running
I am running XP Pro with Office 2003 Pro and sometimes when I exit out of Outlook, Outlook.exe and Winword.exe stay as processes still running. Does anyone else have this problem and what can do to make sure this does not happen? Thanks for your help -- Neil Remove ABCD from Email address to reply <neil154ABCD@earthlink.net> wrote: > I am running XP Pro with Office 2003 Pro and sometimes when I exit > out of Outlook, Outlook.exe and Winword.exe stay as processes still > running. Does anyone else have this problem and what can do to make > sure this does not happ...

Very strange problems while running Great Plains on workstations
I notice that a few workstations in an office I support are having problems when they run Great Plains. Excel, Outlook, Word and Dynamics.exe are showing in the Application event log as being Hanging or Faulting. I also see Fault Bucket errors, but when I search online I cannot find any information online. Here is one of the Fault Bucket errors: 3:15:35 pm 28-Sep-06 Application Hang None 1001 N/A Fault bucket 296734104. Also, these workstations are experiencing problems printing PDF files. Has anyone out there seen this behavior and if so, how can these problems be fixed? Thank you, ...

Publisher 2000 will not run
I had problems with Publisher 98 not running which we=20 never did solve so I installed office 2000 to see if=20 Publisher 2000 would function. Same problem: The flash=20 screen pops up and then disappears. No program. Microsoft=AE Publisher 2000 Version 6.0 has encountered a=20 problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the=20 inconvenience. Howard, hi again, Have you tried opening Publisher in safe mode? Publisher retains all printer information within its publications. If you can open Publisher in safe mode, either regress or update your printer and video drivers. -- Mary Sauer MS MV...

combo box in a query
Hi, Is it possible, do you think, to insert a combo box into the criteria section of a query? The user of the query will have a lot of units to choose from in the query and it would be easier for the user to have a drop down box to make a selection from. Can this be inserted into the query so that it appears and is functional when the query is run? If so...how would a novice go about it? Thanks, Regards, oic3120 Not directly, but you can enter a reference to a combo box as a parameter in the query. Create an unbound form with a combo box on it which lists all the possible values in o...

Macro automatic run at open
Is there a simple way to have a macro automatically started when a workbook is open? Thanks Francesco Francesco, use the workbook open event, like this, Private Sub Workbook_Open() MsgBox "It Works!" End Sub To put in this macro, from your workbook right-click the workbook's icon and pick View Code. This icon is at the top-left of the spreadsheet this will open the VBA editor to the thisworkbook module, then, paste the code in the window that opens on the right hand side, press Alt and Q to close this window and go back to your workbook, now this will run every time you ...

Running diferent query with one command
I would like to run queries with just one botton and a date dispalyed in a form. If Sunday March 09, 2008, is dispalyed I would like to click on a button and run a query that will select emloyees that are scheduled to work on this day of the week along with other pertinent information already preselected by that query. Currenlty I am using 7 diferrent buttons to run 7 differnrent append queries but it is too confusing and I am sure there is an better way. Thanks Charles -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200803/1 Why 7 butt...

Update Query question
Hello, This seems to be a very simple update query but for some reason I am not able to get my arms around it. I have 2 fields with data as shown below and I want to update the third field with the value CC if any of records have CC in field 2 when grouped by field1. field1 field2 field3 1 CC CC 1 HS CC 2 HS HS 2 HS HS When field1 is 1 and even though field2 is HS I want to update field 3 as CC because one of the records has field1 =1 and field2 = CC Any suggestions is greatly appreciated....

Win 7 Pro running 64 bit with Outlook 2007. Problem: frequent cras
I have a brand-new computer with i-7 processors and 8 GB of RAM running Win 7 Pro 64-bit. At the time of upgrading to new computer, i upgraded office 2003 to 2007. For the first month, all was well. Suddenly, my computer started crashing regularly, as in every 30 minutes. The screen would go blank, the mouse and keyboard wouldn't work, and I would have to do a hard reboot. The store where i bought the PC has done everything imaginable to try to isolate the problem. They have swapped out every component, including the RAM, motherboard, power supply, video card and all ca...

Run AutoDim without running Integration
I wonder how to modify the AutoDim.txt file so that every time the it only execute the macro file to logon into Great Plains, run couple of posting and then logoff Great Plains after posting. Is AutoDim able to run without running any integration? I don't see that happening as it wasn't the original idea behind the application. However if all you want to do is what you are saying, just create a macro to do this and run it via a scheduler. I believe there are several KB articles that talk about macros and dynamics/great plains. patrick developer support -- This posting is...

DTM Need help deciding which tests to run.
Hello all, I'm not sure if this is the right group, so if I'm in the wrong place please tell me. I'm trying to get drivers signed for a USB device, and I'm not certain which category it falls under. The device uses winusb. It is an embedded system for test and measurement that only uses control and bulk transfers. It also has an embedded hub that exposes an additional port for general use. Thank you for your time, Jay Dolan Did you ever get through WHQL testing with winusb and the inf file? I am trying to pass WHQL testing and have encountered 3 errors ...