Returning controls to their Original values

In a control on one of my forms, if a user tries to enter values that
already exist in the data table (duplicates) , I have a messagebox
appear telling them the record already exists.  My problem is
thereafter, I want Access to return to the original values that were
present in the control before the user tried to enter different ones.
How can I do this?

0
trekgoes2malaysia

<trekgoes2malaysia@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> In a control on one of my forms, if a user tries to enter values that
> already exist in the data table (duplicates) , I have a messagebox
> appear telling them the record already exists.  My problem is
> thereafter, I want Access to return to the original values that were
> present in the control before the user tried to enter different ones.
> How can I do this?

Nice and easy: Me.Undo

0
Stuart
2/12/2008 9:31:31 AM
On Feb 12, 5:31=A0pm, "Stuart McCall" <smcc...@myunrealbox.com> wrote:
> <trekgoes2malay...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > In a control on one of my forms, if a user tries to enter values that
> > already exist in the data table (duplicates) , I have a messagebox
> > appear telling them the record already exists. =A0My problem is
> > thereafter, I want Access to return to the original values that were
> > present in the control before the user tried to enter different ones.
> > How can I do this?
>
> Nice and easy: Me.Undo

Thanks, It worked.
0
trekgoes2malaysia
2/12/2008 10:11:48 AM
And just FYI, <Esc> does the same thing!

Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003

Linq

Font formatting in Active X Control boxes
I've created a form using Developer Contols Active X Controls, specifically a text box field. I've highlighted the entire document and set the font at Arial 12 pt. Some of the text box fields fill with Arial 12 pt. and some fill with Times New Roman 12 pt. How do I change the formatting so ALL the fields print using the same font and point size? Make sure Word is in Design mode. Right-click an ActiveX control and choose Properties. Set the desired font in the properties window. Note, however, that ActiveX controls aren't very easy to deal with. (For one thing, mac...

Zero-value Budget Column in FRx SP11
Hello all, We have just resolved an interesting problem that one of our customers was encountering after upgrading from FRx SP9 to SP11, that I'd like to share with you all, along with our resolution. Bear in mind, I am not recommending this resolution to you, so much as providing it to assist you with your own enquiries. The symptoms of the problem are as follows: A report contains a two columns, a budget column and an actuals column. Running the report on FRx SP9 produces the correct figures. Running the report on FRx SP11 produces correct actuals, but the budget figu...

Customer Returns
I'd like to know if there someone has written a RMS report that shows the customer account number, customer's name (last, first), and other customer statistics that INCLUDE pieces purchased and pieces returned. Or, if someone with more knowledge of SQL would care to share their coding expertise to accomplish the same, it would be appreciated. ...

Context Menu in List Control #2
Hi all, I want to create a context menu called by a right mouse click on a multi-selection List Control in a report mode. So far I've managed to create the menu by handling NM_RCLICK, like this: void GetTLETab::OnNMRclickList(NMHDR *pNMHDR, LRESULT *pResult) { CMenu menu; CPoint pt; ::GetCursorPos( &pt); menu.CreatePopupMenu(); menu.AppendMenu( MF_STRING, 0, _T("Delete this item")); menu.AppendMenu( MF_STRING, 1, _T("View details")); menu.TrackPopupMenu( TPM_LEFTALIGN, pt.x, pt.y, this); *pResult = ...

Control-Home key behaviour
Not neccessarily a coding issue but this forum has a far greater knowledge depth than others. Recently the above key combination rather than making cell A1 the active cell now makes the column A cell in the current row the active cell. Ctrl_Home in VBE achieves the correct result, that is, the cursor is relocated to the first line & character of the module. I have tried 'application.onkey "^{Home}" "" ' in the intermediate window but without any effect. I have also removed any add-ins and disabled auto opening macro files. Any clues ? -- Ken ...

Hi, I got Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows 2003 in Native Mode and when I receive bad mail the response is made from postmaster@mydomain.com but the return-path field is blank. With some anti-spam filter this Email is Junk. Return-Path: <> Anybody know how to specifeid a return-path to the NDR mail? _____________ Thank you Sebastien On Fri, 4 Nov 2005 12:48:04 -0800, "Sebas" <Sebas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I got Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows 2003 in Native Mode and when I receive >bad mail the response is made from postmaster@mydomain.c...

Site for SOP Returns
Is it possible to have a different default Site ID for Returns than Standard Orders? Yes. You must make sure to change the site when performing a Return Transaction. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "Everton Raymond" wrote: > Is it possible to have a different default Site ID for Returns than Standard > Orders? Sorry, I did not see the word "default" in your post until after I r...

.NET equivalent to XSLT value-of select
This seems like it should be really easy, but I cannot seem to make it work. I am trying to retrieve the text value of an element named "child2Element" from an XML file in a .NET (v 1.1) with an XPath expression. In an XSLT document I would use <xsl:value-of select="rootElement/child1Element[@childId='110']/child2Element"/> (and this does work fine in a transform). But I cannot seem to find the right method or object in .NET. There seem to be a number of classes that can use XPath, but I can't figure out which one I have to use to get just the te...

Query regarding A,B,C char. width values returned in 16-bit and 32-bit OS
I am trying to retrieve individual character widths of a string (from a TrueType font) and I tried using GetCharWidth (which weirdly works for TrueType fonts too tho' MSDN says otherwise) and/or GetCharABCWidths to retrieve the A,B and C spacings. Please note that I have selected the TrueType font (hFont) into the Device Context (hDC). I used GetCharABCWidths. Problem is this: GetCharABCWidths returns correct A,B and C widths in Win 98 and incorrect (much lesser A,B and C widths such that the characters OVERLAP) in other 32-bit OS (NT, XP). The effect is seen across all TrueType fonts, th...

Report for Returns
Anyone know a why to report on frequency of customer returns -- so we can see if any customers are making habit of this? Thanks and regards, Rich hitman, Try running a detailed sales report filtered to only negative sales displayed. Good luck, Matt "hitman" <hitman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0B3EE780-2655-45B4-B3C6-1F5D35FFA2A7@microsoft.com... > Anyone know a why to report on frequency of customer returns -- so we can > see > if any customers are making habit of this? > > Thanks and regards, > > Rich ...

Controls on other form
I am trying to code on when a button is being click from other form, a combo box text from other form will check to "Close" where the job= 11111 is this the right way to code? Dim str1 As String Dim str2 As String str1 = Forms![WIPRaw]!txtJob.Text str2 = Me.txtJobOld If str2 = str1 Then Forms![WIPRaw]!combo1.Text = "Close" End If Simply can't get it works... -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200706/1 Remove the .Text at the end. The control must have focus in order to refer to the Text p...

how to control size of a bound object
Please help me...... I need to generate a report with various figures that are contained in a bound table field. When the report is generated, I cannot get the shrink, grow command to work for a bound object, only for a text box. Does anyone know how to get around this, via macros or code? I would appreciate your help so very much. auntboo, I'm confoosed... is the field value a numeric or text? I assume by "various figures" that you mean numeric... You wrote... >I cannot get the shrink, grow command to work for a bound object, >only for a text box. If t...

Returning the Beginning of the week
Returning the beginning of the week. e.g. if the date == 02/03/04 (Friday 2nd March 2004) the beginning week for that date == 01/03/04 (Thursday 1st March 2004) Hows does one go about achieving this? Regards -- Rizitsu ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Rizitsu's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15840 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=314968 This formula will take a date in cell A1 and give the start of the wee in B1 * assumes that monday is the start of the week, so i...

Deleting a note keeps the value in the NOTEINDX field
I just discovered that if you delete a note from a document (in my case, a cash receipts document), the system will delete the actual note record from the SY03900 table but will leave the original NOTEINDX value on the document record intact. Is this normal behavior? I would think the system should clear out the value in the document record since the note no longer exists. Referential integrity! -- Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager HDA, Inc. Hazelwood, MO GP 9.0, SP2 Yes, this is normal for GP. The record is created the first time the user clicks the note icon and "bookmarks...

return
Capability of the system to automatically change the status of the PO to change order, and add line items that have been returned. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.ms...

SPC Control Charts
Does anyone know if Excel can create SPC control charts? I can not find them anywhere. Not as a basic chart type. You can roll your own. http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/statscharts.html#CtrlCht has suggestions. Jerry Skip wrote: > Does anyone know if Excel can create SPC control charts? > I can not find them anywhere. ...

form creating new row in table1, looking for field value in table
Please can someone help as I have been battling all week with this problem, and haven't had a response. I have a form which uses some data from table1 to create an entry in table2 (i know duplication is bad, but as this is a live database, and i am working on a new section, this makes this complicated task easier), which works fine. however, i have a third table that has the unique ID from table1 and table2 in order to show when a table1 row of data is needed in table2 via a checkbox. This third table3 is created when elsewhere. The problem lies with bringing in the unique ID value...

Return
When returning an item, can you return the item by selecting the matrix rather than the individual item and changing the quantity to -1? Hi KIm, Normally this won't work as it works in sale where for each matrix type you can put the qunatites. HOWEVER when you select the matrix item it bring the matrix window but allow only one item at a time to be returned and make the -1 qty automatically in return document type. It work but one by one. Regards Akber "Kim" wrote: > When returning an item, can you return the item by selecting the matrix > rather than the individua...

List of values summing to a known value
Is it possible to run a query that would return a list of values that sum to a known quantity. A simplified example would be as follows: Return any items from the list that sum to 10 1 3 4 7 9 The returned values would be 1,9 and 3,7. Thanks. Do you mean something like this -- SELECT [TableA_1].[Auto]+[TableA].[Auto] AS Expr1, TableA.Auto, TableA_1.Auto FROM TableA, TableA AS TableA_1 WHERE ((([TableA_1].[Auto]+[TableA].[Auto])=10)); -- Build a little, test a little. "lmattern" wrote: > Is it possible to run a query that would return a list...

Returning Multiple Values in a Single Cell
Hello, I posted this same question a couple of weeks ago but forgot to mention a key point. My question was as follows: I have read a few posts regarding this subject but am still somewhat lost. I have a two sheet workbook (Excel 2000). On the first sheet is a list of projects that my department will complete during the year. A description of each project is given, a start date, an end date, as well as which crew will be completing the work (Crew 1 or Crew 2). What I am trying to do on the second sheet is to be able to type in any date, and have the description of the project on that da...

Delete control?
I'm using VB in VS2003.NET. I have a TabControl with a couple of group boxes. I've added some buttons and labels to a group box, but now I want to delete the controls. Cannot! Why? I've tried pressing "Delete", right-clicking but Cut and Delete are disabled. I can't even delete the whole group box. What am I missing here??? Is this some strange setting locking down group boxes on a TabControl or mabe a bug in VS2003.NET? Thanks, Alain Ok, solved the problem. It must be an initialisation problem in VS 2003.NET. If I close VS and then reopen, I...

Returns immediate function
Hi all, I know that the function CeRapiInitEx returns immediately. No wait for processing. I want to implement such a function. Returns immediate. no wait. How do I implement such a function? Thanks Ko You might create a UI thread that do the work, launch it in the "non-wait" function and return immediatly to the caller. When the thread done it's works, you can post an application message to return the results.... Greetings, Gaetano Sferra "PPC DEV" <ppc_dev@yahoo.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:033101c3b388$a7098910$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi all...

Opportunity status reason value
Hi, Does anyone know what table stores opportunity status reason value? I tried doing mail merge for email and i need that status reason value to be included. I tried using &opportunity.statuscode; however it returned the numerical value. Could someone help me on this? Thanks Carrie For picklists you always have two values: a numerical value and the text value. Where opportunity.statuscode returns the numerical value, opportunity.statuscodename should give you the text value. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Carrie" wrote: > Hi, > > Does an...

Lookup Values, return multiple.
I need help please. The formula I require has to in Worksheet A :- [B1] lookup DATA in Worksheet A [A1] SP001 in worksheet B [A] [B] [C] SP001 PL001 16 SP001 PL002 5 SP001 DR001 10 CR001 PL001 2 Search for all Text String starting with "PL" in Worksheet B [B] only for SP001 in [A] and return with values from Worksheet B [C] 16 and 5 I need the values to be seperated and not summed. Tx. Appreciate assistance. Try this... In the formulas: Rng1 refers to worksheet B $A$2:$A$5 Rng2 refers ...

% Return Line graph?
Hi- Can someone show me how to customize a graph in Money 2005 to show my stock portfolio's % change over time? I just want a simple line chart showing my percentage change since the beginning - as a way to just figure out relative performance but I can't seem to find the right graph to customize. I can't just chart the value of the portfolio as I have been adding money to it over time which has drastically changed the % returns. I am not sure if what I want is possible or if this is clear but I also have the plugin for MS Excel that I can import money data so if there is...