Required field based on 2 conditions

I have a form that has a Close process as follow, when the user select “Won” 
or “Lost” from the combo box Reason, AwardAmount and AwardTo are required 
fields. They both need to be filled out by the user.  If other options other 
than “Won” or “Lost” are selected from the Reason combo box, the two fields 
are not required. I’m having a hard time to write the code; please help.
Here the code so far:
If Me.Closed = true then
   ifNz(Reason.won) = 0 then
	msgBox “this is a required field”, vbInformation, “missing value”
                 cancel = true
  ifNz(Reason.lost) = 0 then
               msgBox “this is a required field”, vbinformation, “missing 
value”
	cancel = true 
	ifNz(AwardTo, 0)= 0 then
	MsgBox “You must select a name from the list”, vbInformation, “Missing value”
	   Cancel = True
elseIf Nz(AwardAmount, 0)=0 then
	MsgBox “you must enter an award amount”, “vbinformation, “Missing value”
	Cancel = true
Endif
    Endif

Thank you
0
Utf
2/8/2010 5:18:01 PM
access.formscoding 7493 articles. 0 followers. Follow

8 Replies
885 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 9

"SylvieB" <SylvieB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:0229C810-9AC9-4788-AB33-569F6843C00E@microsoft.com...
>I have a form that has a Close process as follow, when the user select 
> “Won”
> or “Lost” from the combo box Reason, AwardAmount and AwardTo are required
> fields. They both need to be filled out by the user.  If other options 
> other
> than “Won” or “Lost” are selected from the Reason combo box, the two 
> fields
> are not required. I’m having a hard time to write the code; please help.
> Here the code so far:
> If Me.Closed = true then
>   ifNz(Reason.won) = 0 then
> msgBox “this is a required field”, vbInformation, “missing value”
>                 cancel = true
>  ifNz(Reason.lost) = 0 then
>               msgBox “this is a required field”, vbinformation, “missing
> value”
> cancel = true
> ifNz(AwardTo, 0)= 0 then
> MsgBox “You must select a name from the list”, vbInformation, “Missing 
> value”
>    Cancel = True
> elseIf Nz(AwardAmount, 0)=0 then
> MsgBox “you must enter an award amount”, “vbinformation, “Missing value”
> Cancel = true
> Endif
>    Endif


There's a lot there that looks wrong, but there are things that aren't clear 
about how you have this set up.

When does the code get executed?  It looks to me as though it should be in 
the form's BeforeUpdate event.  Is that where it is?  For now, I'll assume 
it is.

Is "Closed" the name of a boolean (Yes/No) field in the form's recordsource? 
Is it the name of a checkbox control on the form, possibly bound to such a 
field?  For now, I'll assume both are correct.

Is the combo box "Reason" set up such that its values are text items such as 
"Won" and "Lost"?  I'll assume so.  Also, I think your code implies that the 
Reason combo may not be left blank.  I'm assuming that, too.

If all my assumptions are correct, your code should *probably* be something 
like the following:

'----- start of revised code -----
    Dim strMessage As String

    If Me.Closed = True Then

        Select Case Me.Reason

            Case "Won", "Lost"

                If IsNull(Me.AwardTo Then
                    Me.AwardTo.SetFocus
                    strMessage = vbCr & "You must select a name from the 
list.”
                End If

                If Nz(Me.AwardAmount, 0) = 0 Then
                    If Len(strMessage) = 0 Then Me.AwardAmount.SetFocus
                    strMessage = strMessage & vbCr & _
                        “You must enter an award amount.”,
                End If

            Case Else
                If IsNull(Me.Reason) Then
                    strMessage = vbCr & "You must select a reason."
                    Me.Reason.SetFocus
                End If

        End Select

    End If

    ' If we have any message to display, that means
    ' some required information is missing.
    If Len(strMessage) > 0 Then

        Cancel = True

        MsgBox _
            “Required information is missing:" & vbCr & strMessage, _
            vbInformation, _
            “Missing value”

    End If
'----- end of revised code -----


-- 
Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP
Access tips: www.datagnostics.com/tips.html

(please reply to the newsgroup)

0
Dirk
2/8/2010 5:49:59 PM
Yes, I'm sure. Here is the error i'm getting:
compile Error
Method or data member not found

and yes, AwardTo is a control on the form

"Dirk Goldgar" wrote:

> "Sylvie Boulekfouf" wrote in message 
> news:201021011540sylvie1125@hotmail.com...
> > Yes, your assumptions are correct, the code gets executed in BeforeUpdate 
> > event; Closed is a check box control; Reason value are text and can not be 
> > blank. I'm confused with your lines of code. I'm new to VBA so please bear 
> > with me. Why are you using the Case statement and not If, Then, Else.
> 
> The same logic could be implemented using "If ... Then ... Else" or "If ... 
> Then ... ElseIf".  I used Select Case because it seemd more concise to me, 
> given that we are dealing with cases -- possible values of the Reason 
> control.
> 
> > the combo box Reason has 4 values (won, lost, not pursued, cancelled). the 
> > scenario is as follow: when a user select a reason (required field), only 
> > if "won" or "lost" is selected, he needs to fill out two text boxes: the 
> > award amount and a company name also on the same form. Any other option 
> > selected from Reason won't required the user to fill out the two text 
> > boxed mentioned above. To close the form, the user uses the Closed box 
> > control and check mark it. If no Reason is selected, the form wont' close 
> > and a message will pop up asking to select a reason. I hope it makes more 
> > sense.
> 
> That sounds like the logic my code is intended to implement.
> 
> > I used your codes and when I'm getting a compile error at
> > Me.AwardTo.SetFocus. Any ideas?
> 
> What is the error message?  If AwardTo is a control on the form and is 
> capable of receiving the focus, I don't see why you would get a compile 
> error there.
> 
> Are you sure the error was on that line and not on the next one?  I see that 
> in my post, the next line of code was wrapped by the newsreader, so that 
> what should have been on one line got broken into two.  If you didn't fix 
> that break, it would give a compile error.  So where the line in my original 
> post came across like this:
> 
> >                   strMessage = vbCr & "You must select a name from the
> > list.
> 
> ... you should change it so that it's like this:
> 
>          strMessage = vbCr & "You must select a name from the list.
> 
> (but with the indentation adjusted for consistency).
> 
> -- 
> Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP
> Access tips: www.datagnostics.com/tips.html
> 
> (please reply to the newsgroup)
> 
0
Utf
2/10/2010 8:28:02 PM
ok. My mistake i mistyped the control name. I fixed it. Now when i run the 
code, it says: "run-time error '2108': you must save the field before you 
execute teh GoToControl action, the GoToControl method, or the SetFocus 
method". 
Sorry to be a pain. Really i appreciate your patience.

"SylvieB" wrote:

> Yes, I'm sure. Here is the error i'm getting:
> compile Error
> Method or data member not found
> 
> and yes, AwardTo is a control on the form
> 
> "Dirk Goldgar" wrote:
> 
> > "Sylvie Boulekfouf" wrote in message 
> > news:201021011540sylvie1125@hotmail.com...
> > > Yes, your assumptions are correct, the code gets executed in BeforeUpdate 
> > > event; Closed is a check box control; Reason value are text and can not be 
> > > blank. I'm confused with your lines of code. I'm new to VBA so please bear 
> > > with me. Why are you using the Case statement and not If, Then, Else.
> > 
> > The same logic could be implemented using "If ... Then ... Else" or "If ... 
> > Then ... ElseIf".  I used Select Case because it seemd more concise to me, 
> > given that we are dealing with cases -- possible values of the Reason 
> > control.
> > 
> > > the combo box Reason has 4 values (won, lost, not pursued, cancelled). the 
> > > scenario is as follow: when a user select a reason (required field), only 
> > > if "won" or "lost" is selected, he needs to fill out two text boxes: the 
> > > award amount and a company name also on the same form. Any other option 
> > > selected from Reason won't required the user to fill out the two text 
> > > boxed mentioned above. To close the form, the user uses the Closed box 
> > > control and check mark it. If no Reason is selected, the form wont' close 
> > > and a message will pop up asking to select a reason. I hope it makes more 
> > > sense.
> > 
> > That sounds like the logic my code is intended to implement.
> > 
> > > I used your codes and when I'm getting a compile error at
> > > Me.AwardTo.SetFocus. Any ideas?
> > 
> > What is the error message?  If AwardTo is a control on the form and is 
> > capable of receiving the focus, I don't see why you would get a compile 
> > error there.
> > 
> > Are you sure the error was on that line and not on the next one?  I see that 
> > in my post, the next line of code was wrapped by the newsreader, so that 
> > what should have been on one line got broken into two.  If you didn't fix 
> > that break, it would give a compile error.  So where the line in my original 
> > post came across like this:
> > 
> > >                   strMessage = vbCr & "You must select a name from the
> > > list.
> > 
> > ... you should change it so that it's like this:
> > 
> >          strMessage = vbCr & "You must select a name from the list.
> > 
> > (but with the indentation adjusted for consistency).
> > 
> > -- 
> > Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP
> > Access tips: www.datagnostics.com/tips.html
> > 
> > (please reply to the newsgroup)
> > 
0
Utf
2/10/2010 9:04:07 PM
"SylvieB" <SylvieB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:A5A209D8-ADB4-4283-B3E0-CBE07CBD384D@microsoft.com...
> ok. My mistake i mistyped the control name. I fixed it. Now when i run the
> code, it says: "run-time error '2108': you must save the field before you
> execute teh GoToControl action, the GoToControl method, or the SetFocus
> method".


That sounds like you don't have this code in the BeforeUpdate event of the 
form, but maybe in the BeforeUpdate event of a *control*.  Is that the case? 
You shouldn't really put multi-field validation code in the BeforeUpdate 
event of a control.  Validation that involves the values of mutliple 
controls belongs in the BeforeUpdate event of the form itself.

If that is not the problem, please post the complete event procedure.
-- 
Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP
Access tips: www.datagnostics.com/tips.html

(please reply to the newsgroup)

0
Dirk
2/10/2010 9:11:34 PM
Private Sub Form_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer)
Dim strMessage As String

If Me.ClosedOpp = True Then
   Select Case Me.OppReason
     Case "Won", "Lost"

If IsNull(Me.AwardTo) Then
   Me.AwardTo.SetFocus
      strMessage = vbCr & "You must select a name from the list" 
End If

If Nz(Me.AwardAmount, 0) = 0 Then
  If Len(strMessage) = 0 Then Me.AwardAmount.SetFocus
      strMessage = vbCr & "You must enter an award amount"
End If

Case Else
    If IsNull(Me.OppReason) Then
         strMessage = vbCr & "You must select a reason."
           Me.OppReason.SetFocus
End If

End Select

End If

If Len(strMessage) > 0 Then

   Cancel = True

       MsgBox "enter notes" & vbCr & strMessage, vbInformation, "missing     
value"

End If
End Sub



"Dirk Goldgar" wrote:

> "SylvieB" <SylvieB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:A5A209D8-ADB4-4283-B3E0-CBE07CBD384D@microsoft.com...
> > ok. My mistake i mistyped the control name. I fixed it. Now when i run the
> > code, it says: "run-time error '2108': you must save the field before you
> > execute teh GoToControl action, the GoToControl method, or the SetFocus
> > method".
> 
> 
> That sounds like you don't have this code in the BeforeUpdate event of the 
> form, but maybe in the BeforeUpdate event of a *control*.  Is that the case? 
> You shouldn't really put multi-field validation code in the BeforeUpdate 
> event of a control.  Validation that involves the values of mutliple 
> controls belongs in the BeforeUpdate event of the form itself.
> 
> If that is not the problem, please post the complete event procedure.
> -- 
> Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP
> Access tips: www.datagnostics.com/tips.html
> 
> (please reply to the newsgroup)
> 
0
Utf
2/10/2010 9:45:01 PM
"SylvieB" <SylvieB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:6B032F7D-1EEF-46D7-A7DD-7643188E702D@microsoft.com...
> Private Sub Form_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer)
> Dim strMessage As String
>
> If Me.ClosedOpp = True Then
>   Select Case Me.OppReason
>     Case "Won", "Lost"
>
> If IsNull(Me.AwardTo) Then
>   Me.AwardTo.SetFocus
>      strMessage = vbCr & "You must select a name from the list"
> End If
>
> If Nz(Me.AwardAmount, 0) = 0 Then
>  If Len(strMessage) = 0 Then Me.AwardAmount.SetFocus
>      strMessage = vbCr & "You must enter an award amount"
> End If
>
> Case Else
>    If IsNull(Me.OppReason) Then
>         strMessage = vbCr & "You must select a reason."
>           Me.OppReason.SetFocus
> End If
>
> End Select
>
> End If
>
> If Len(strMessage) > 0 Then
>
>   Cancel = True
>
>       MsgBox "enter notes" & vbCr & strMessage, vbInformation, "missing
> value"
>
> End If
> End Sub


Hmm, I may be missing something but I don't see anything wrong there.  Are 
you sure the error is occurring in this procedure?  When the error occurs, 
does the message have a Debug button?  If so, click it and see what 
statement is highlighted as the cause of the error.

-- 
Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP
Access tips: www.datagnostics.com/tips.html

(please reply to the newsgroup)

0
Dirk
2/10/2010 10:28:54 PM
On Feb 10, 5:28=A0pm, "Dirk Goldgar"
<d...@NOdataSPAMgnostics.com.invalid> wrote:
> "SylvieB" <Sylv...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
> news:6B032F7D-1EEF-46D7-A7DD-7643188E702D@microsoft.com...
>
>
>
>
>
> > Private Sub Form_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer)
> > Dim strMessage As String
>
> > If Me.ClosedOpp =3D True Then
> > =A0 Select Case Me.OppReason
> > =A0 =A0 Case "Won", "Lost"
>
> > If IsNull(Me.AwardTo) Then
> > =A0 Me.AwardTo.SetFocus
> > =A0 =A0 =A0strMessage =3D vbCr & "You must select a name from the list"
> > End If
>
> > If Nz(Me.AwardAmount, 0) =3D 0 Then
> > =A0If Len(strMessage) =3D 0 Then Me.AwardAmount.SetFocus
> > =A0 =A0 =A0strMessage =3D vbCr & "You must enter an award amount"
> > End If
>
> > Case Else
> > =A0 =A0If IsNull(Me.OppReason) Then
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 strMessage =3D vbCr & "You must select a reason."
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Me.OppReason.SetFocus
> > End If
>
> > End Select
>
> > End If
>
> > If Len(strMessage) > 0 Then
>
> > =A0 Cancel =3D True
>
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 MsgBox "enter notes" & vbCr & strMessage, vbInformation, "m=
issing
> > value"
>
> > End If
> > End Sub
>
> Hmm, I may be missing something but I don't see anything wrong there. =A0=
Are
> you sure the error is occurring in this procedure? =A0When the error occu=
rs,
> does the message have a Debug button? =A0If so, click it and see what
> statement is highlighted as the cause of the error.
>
> --
> Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP
> Access tips:www.datagnostics.com/tips.html
>
> (please reply to the newsgroup)- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -
Hey Dirk

It's working fine now. I don't know what changed since yesterday but
THANK YOU very much for all your help and patience. One last thing if
you don't mind, when i click OK to the pop up message telling me that
i need to add for example an award amount, the message does not go
away. I click a second time and it closes the form. I'm sure that's
something simple. How can i make the message to go away without
closing the form when clicking OK? again Thank you
0
Sylvie
2/11/2010 9:22:15 PM
"Sylvie" <sylvie1125@hotmail.com> wrote in message 
news:f7c8879a-eb24-4837-ad92-6f6a2b168ca9@b2g2000yqi.googlegroups.com...
>
> It's working fine now. I don't know what changed since yesterday but THANK 
> YOU very much for all your help and patience. One last thing if you don't 
> mind, when i click OK to the pop up message telling me that i need to add 
> for example an award amount, the message does not go away. I click a 
> second time and it closes the form. I'm sure that's something simple. How 
> can i make the message to go away without closing the form when clicking 
> OK?

Hmm, that doesn't sound like "working fine" to me.  Although you posted your 
code in an earlier message, would you mind copying and pasting it once 
again, as it is now, into a new reply message?  I don't see how the code 
I've seen could give the behavior you report.

Is there any code in other form events that might account for the second 
message?

-- 
Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP
Access tips: www.datagnostics.com/tips.html

(please reply to the newsgroup)

0
Dirk
2/11/2010 11:17:25 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

DPM2010 RTM
I'm trying to setup SMTP without authentication however it always returns the error ID 2013 logon failure. 2007 worked fine, can 2010 send alert with anonymous SMTP? Can you check if you can send mail using some other tool(powershell has send mail equivalent command) from the DPM machine to send an email using the same account? -- Thanks, Praveen D [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. DPM Newsgroup will be deprecated very soon. Please start using DPM TechNet forum at:http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en...

Help with Formula to organize information / date fields
Hi, I'm hoping you can help me with a problem. At work I work with a database of information ( the database is locked, so I can't just add a report for the info that I need..) What I have is a list of information - with names, roles, and years. What I would like to do is find an easy way to have the date information in multiple columns so we don't print off a new line for each person. Existing Data Col A Col B Col C Laura 2006 Job 1 Laura 2007 Job 1 Bob 2006...

2003 PIvotTable Calculated Fields
Simple question...Can you use an If function in a PivotTables formulas (Calculated Field)? If so can you provide an example for syntax purposes. Thank you! If you want to get to the format cells dialog quickly, you can use: ctrl-1 But then you're still using the dialog... Kay wrote: > > Simple question...Can you use an If function in a PivotTables formulas > (Calculated Field)? If so can you provide an example for syntax purposes. > Thank you! -- Dave Peterson Hi Dave, I think you are responding to the wrong Kay...My question is about PivotTab...

On Open event to clear all form fields or not..
I have the following code in my OnOpen event of my word document form. As long as you answer "Yes" to the msg box the code works fine, but if you say no, then it exposes rows in my form that contain VBA buttons and radio buttons. Can anyone help me out with how to fix this? Thanks so much.... Here is the code: Dim myFormField As FormField Dim aDoc As Document Dim response Dim msg As String Set aDoc = ActiveDocument msg = "Do you want to clear all FormField results?" response = MsgBox(msg, vbYesNo) If response = vbYes Then For Each myFormField I...

BP-System Requirements
Does anyone know where I can find more detail information on Web Server requirements for Business Portal? I'm looking for more detail on user access. We are talking about 400 users accessing it. What's the best approach? How many users per web server? Any help out there ... thanks Yes, there was a session at Convergence on this topic. If you have access to the Convergence site, go to https://www.msconvergence.com/downloads.aspx and scroll down to GP09 Planning for your Business Portal Implementation and Deployment. There is a zip file with a TON of good information. &quo...

Purchase order Required
I would like to see a checkbox option in the customer screen Purchase Order number Required. Currently, there is nothing in SOP forcing you to enter data into the PO field. This in turn causes payment delays when a PO # is left off an order. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree&q...

I am Facing a problem #2
Hi, I am facing a problem. I am developing a dialog based application. I loaded microsoft web browser Control in the dialog I have a javascript file and loades inside the browser. The script file has a command button. Problem!!!!! When the command button is pressed, I want a message box to be displyed from the dialog class not from the script. Please suggest!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Sumanta <rout.sumanta@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1172818928.375138.26740@30g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > I am facing a problem. > > I am developing a dialog based application. > ...

Reinstall #2
Hey am about to do a complet reinstall of my OS X have done itt before but never since i got office installed. I borrowed the install disk from my brother and used one of the lisence keys that came with it, i know the key. My brother has moved to uni leaving me with no disk. I was wondering if it is possible to download the software and then enter lisence kay, the Macbook install disks i have do install office test drive i wonder if it is possible to convert this to full office by entering the key? if anyone has done the same sort of thing or knows how to do it please respond to collinschicken...

Calculating field
How can I calculating value in a fields no1 and value1? Initial, no1 and value1 is null. name no value_in atr no1 value1 --------------------------------------------------- n1 4 20 in 4 20 n1 3 120 in 7 140 (7=4+3 and 140=120+20) n1 2 out 5 100 (5=7-2 and 100=140-2*(140/7) n1 2 30 in 7 130 (7=5+2 and 130=100+30) Do you have some sequential field to sort by?...

Mail Merge Security #2
We just started using Outlook 2003. When performing a email-merge from Word, we get a Outlook message that another program is trying to send an email, do we want to continue. This would not be a problem, except there is 350 emails we are sending to, and the message comes up for each one. Question: is there a way to turn off that security feature in Outlook so that it will let word send out these emails without the security warning? Terry Schawe Durbin And Associates, Inc. Terry@durbin.com ...

share 2 GAL's
Hello Can i share 2 GAL between 2 servers exechange in 2 branches in this same company ? thanks a lot regards roomas Hi Are the Servers from different domains of the same Forest/Exchange Org. If so then you could create an additional Address list, for each domain in the other domain, without too much trouble. An additoinal GAL would be useless as users can only ever see on GAL at a time. Regards Ben Hoffman Microsoft MVP - Windows Server System Exchange http://www.exchangeis.com "roomas" <roomas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C2198348-4ED3-4A3D-8D...

Macro for Thick Borders using conditional formatting
Hello, I am using excel 2003 to create tables of data. I have created conditional formats (CF) that bold and highlight cells that exceed certain standards. I would now like to put a thick border around any cells that meet the CF criteria. For example, if a cell became bolded and highlighted based on the CF, then I want to put a thick border around it, if it didn't become bolded or highlighted then I want to leave it just the way it is. Is this at all possible? I really don't know much about macros. Thank you for any help you can give me. Ian ...

Smartlist Restriction
I am using the Restrictions button in the SmartList Builder window to add a restriction. I had no trouble adding restrictions based on checkbox fields and string fields. However, when the field is a drop-down, the 'Value' field on the Add Restriction window becomes a drop-down filed itself. Unfortunately, rather than being filled with the available values for the chosen field, the Value field is a blank drop-down. It is also uneditable. Is it possible to add restrictions in this manner on drop-down fields? Craig, What are you trying to build? Any examples you can provide? B...

Validate 2 Fields
I found a couple similar examples but have given up trying to get them to work. The 1st 2 fields on a form (Date1 and Location) need to be validated to ensure that the data is not already in the database. If the information for a date and location are already in the table (dbo_uRMData) when one moves off the location field, I want a message to be displayed that the data is already entered in the dbo_uRMData table, the form cleared, and the Date1 code to have focus. Your help, AS ALWAYS, is so much appreciated. Jani -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP Use the Before Update event of t...

Product list in CRM v.1.2
Hi all, i have another question concerning the product list, can i attach an excle sheet that contains my products instead of loging each product one by one as i have over 25,000 products to log? -- Regards, Marwa I'm afraid not. This is a major pain point for a lot of people and I do not kno of any 3rd party add-ons that have addressed it either. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "marwa" <marwa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C062CF1E-EEF8-43B4-AC31-F299BF707252@microsoft.com... Hi all, i have another question concerning the product list, can ...

reading and displaying memo fields
I got an ODBC database with a memo field. Now I use a CRecordSet in VC6 to read the database with CLongBinary for the memo field. After reading 18 fields he's out of memory. Is there a way to use CString instead of CLongBinary, cause it's only text in the memo fields (I already tried, but then I get an error message that the database could not be read)? Or is there a way to read all other fields first and only read the memo field when the user choose a specific item in the database? Thank you for helping me! ...

Importing Access 2.0 files (*.ldb &*.mdg) into Excel
I have inherited these two files. They were done in 1997. They are lists of addresses and information on individuals for T-Bird sailboats. I have no access to Access. Is there anyway to get them into a format that Excel can use? I need to use them to update a our membership roster. I have Office 2000 for Mac Thanks for any help Dave Hi not sure if this works without Access installed (but I think it should do): - use 'Data - Import External Data - Import Data' - select the *.mdb file (the ldb file can be deleted) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Dave wrote: > I have i...

Cell format requires manual edit
I have a problem with changing the format of a pure number in a cell formatted as a text. After the type is changed to a number (actually it's changed to special - 000000), the cell refuses to change until after the cell is edited (with or without changes) and the ENTER key is pressed. Is there an easy way around this? A similar thing happens with a cell has a special enter character. Editing the cell and pressing enter changes the cell format to word wrap and to recognize the special character, though the character is not usually desired. I know how to delete the special characters wi...

C#.Net developer required by direct client in Manchester
C#.Net developer required by direct client in Manchester - NH Duration: FTE/Direct Hire or Contract to Hire/Temp to Perm Location: Manchester, NH *** IN_PERSON interview required***** * design and develop robust, high level web applications using C#, ASP.Net and SQL Server. * Ability to handle UI, middleware and backend application development and de-bugging of applicaitons * quality control of application developed * responsible for coordination of application development with on-site and off-site development team * Business Liaison with vendors and stake holders Required Skills: C#, ASP....

Duplicate Mails #2
Hi We have recently upgraded our Messaging servers from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003. After the migration, we found that just for one mail enable public folder, few mails are getting duplicated. Has anyone seen this issue. My Exchange servers are Exchange 2003 with SP2 and are in A/P Cluster mode. ...

PO Remarks field problem
Does anyone know why I can only insert about 30 characters in the Remarks field on the purchase order? Can I change that to be unlimited? I was planning to move down the Remarks field to the bottom of the page right above the Authorize By Signature and give it about 5 lines of space to fill in a remark. Regards, -- Microsoft Partner ...

2 copies coming into Inbox
I recently paid for a hotmail account so I could have larger storage and not get cancelled for any reasons such as not checking it often enough. I followed the instructions and put my service on Outlook Express. Now I'm receiving 2 of every message. What's up? Can I fix this? Thanks Darla ...

urgent requirement for project leader/apm required
hi, we are having urgent requirement for one of our client cmmi level5 company in hyd and chennai. if u r intrested send me ur updated resume gangadhar.sadhu@optionsindia.com Skill Microsoft Technologies Job Description Project Leader / APM required: Minimum 6 years experience out of which 2/3 years as PL / APM Education MCA / BE / Computer Science Graduates Technology - Microsoft VB / ASP .Net exposure - RDBMS - Oracle / SQL Server Experience in development & implementation in following Domains: Financial Costing Purchase & Inventory Sales Automation Payroll HR ...

Exporting fields in CRM 4.0 Knowledgebase
I'm attempting to export some of the fields in the CRM 4.0 knowledgebase, and most of them are easy enough to do, as they are non-joined fields. However, the "Body" of the KB I'm a little unsure about. I see int he SQL table/view, there is an "articlexml" field and a "content" field. I'm unsure on how to hand the export of these two fields, or if I can disregard one of the fields. Does anyone have any ideas for handling this type of content? -- Sketchy ...

show continous fields
I would like a control (or subform) on a form to behave similar to a report field set to "can grow" and "can shrink". I want to view several records continously, not broken up like the continuous forms requires, but more like a report that shows the data continuously. I tried putting report on a form like a subform, but MS Access doesn't go for that. Is there any way to accomplish this? In this setting the data is for viewing only. -- sam Yo can use the form record source to remove the records that you don't want to display, if Null or Empty? Why do you need...