Report Menu - Multi select Listbox Filter?

I have a report and I want to set up a menu so users can filter using
a multi select list box.  I have seen some sites that show examples of
how to do this, but I have never really learned much about list boxes
and how to use them.  This is my current set up:

I have a report called rptByStatusLocation.  It has all of the main
record summary information for this application.  This has a query
called qryRecordByLocationReport.

I set a form to this as well and created a list box on the form called
LstRecordStatus.

The rowsource for this is the same field in the query that is in the
report for RecordStatus (txtRecordStatus)

This is the code I have on the form:

[code]
Private Sub cmdReportByLocation_Click()
On Error GoTo Err_cmdReportByLocation_Click

    Dim stDocName As String

    stDocName = "rptByStatusLocation"
    DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acPreview, , GetCriteria()

Exit_cmdReportByLocation_Click:
    Exit Sub

Err_cmdReportByLocation_Click:
    MsgBox Err.Description
    Resume Exit_cmdReportByLocation_Click

End Sub

Private Function GetCriteria() As String
   'Multi-Select Listbox
            Dim ctlList
            Set ctlList = Me.LstRecordStatus

            If Me.LstRecordStatus.ItemsSelected.Count = 0 Then
                'do nothing
            Else
                strWhere = strWhere & " AND Product IN ("

                For Each Lmnt In ctlList.ItemsSelected

                  strWhere = strWhere & "'" & ctlList.ItemData(Lmnt) &
"',"

                Next
                strWhere = strWhere & ")"
            End If
End Function
[/code]

When I run the form and choose 1 of the options, but not both, I still
get both (only 2 options are there right now, because they are the
only ones used in any of the records in the application right now).

I am not sure what I am not doing right, because I am so new to list
boxes.  Any help is greatly appreciated.  Eventually I have 2 more
list boxes I want to add to this form so a user can run 3 filters
choosing none or all of each of the 3 sets of filters.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
0
macrojunkie

Need more Reports

Sales Report #3

W-2 Tax Reporting Figures Not Accurate

Excel 2007 error "some chart types cannot be combined with other chart types. Select a different chart types"
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C75210.F27A6390 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, I have installed Excel 2007, and I can't create any chart, the message=20 "Some chart types cannot be combined with other chart types. Select a = different chart types" keeps poping up, are there any settings that i have miss out? thank you regards kh ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C75210.F27A6390 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quo...

Blank networth reports

clear/remove highlight from selected items in listbox?
On a main menu, a user selects multiple rows in a list box. Double clicks their mouse and a form opens. They do what they need to the record, then hit a close form button and return to the main menu that contains the listbox. I want to leave the data that was in the listbox and just remove the highlight that makes them the selected items. Is there a property to do this in my procedure? me.lstboxneedingcleared.unknownproperty = action to clear selected items in listbox Thanks in advance! One approach is to reset the RowSource: Me.lstboxneedingcleared.RowSource = Me.lstboxneedingcl...

eXtender SOP Reports

Reports are not being shown MM07

Dropdown menu using xml file
Can anyone please help me. I was looking at the article "http://www.eggheadcafe.com/articles/20030603.asp". I am new to .net and know nothing in c#. I want to write a menu in asp.net. Can anyone please help me in converting this c# code to vb.net. I tried, but it is not giving the output. Here is the c# code using System using System.Collections using System.ComponentModel using System.Data using System.Drawing using System.Web using System.Web.SessionState using System.Web.UI using System.Web.UI.WebControls using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls using System.Xml; using System.Xml.Xsl; us...

Saving Reports

small business reports ...

How to execute macros from tool menu? Hot key or short cuts?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I would like to use tableinsertcolumnright many times Fortunately, "tableinsertcolumnright" isn't a macro, it's a command. (Macros can't be used in Office 2008 apps because there is no VBA.) You can add it to a toolbar in the Customize Menus & Toolbars dialog. I believe the info in Word Help should give you all you need to know. -- HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac <tonylanda@officeformac.com> wrote in message news:59bb37c5.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0... &...

VBA cell selection and format
I have a macro that produces a list of cell references in this format o sheet1, in cell A1:A3 (note the range can grow or shrink) Sheet2!C15 Sheet2!D53 Sheet2!G70 what would be the best way to now highlight the cell references an format the background of these cells -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com One way: Option Explicit Sub testme01() Dim myRng As Range Dim myCell As Range Dim testRng As Range With Worksheets("sheet1") Set myRng = .Range("a1", .Cells(.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp)) For Each myCe...

Calculate height of listbox?
Is there a forumla to calculate the needed height of a listbox in order to contain a given number of lines of a given point size? Not without a bunch of GDI API work. The AutoSizeTextBox solution on my site shows you how. A far simpler solution, that is almost as accurate would be to use code/logic like: Assumes ListBox control named lbHeight Assumes TestBox control named Text11 Assumes CommandButton named CmdSize Enter a desired number of rows value in Text11 and then click on the CommandButton. Private Sub cmdSize_Click() On Error GoTo Err_cmdSize_Click Dim x As Integer ' conv...

Reporting Error ==> very urgent

Report writer
Hello, I am trying to add the transaction distribution details onto a copy of the PM Blank Document in Report Writer in GP 9. Would you pls advise as I can add the fields containing the data but the data is not appearing on the report. Thanks your comments are appreciated. -- chj@jup Once you were done modifying the report, did you give access to the mdoified report under Security? -- Lyle U chj wrote: > Hello, > > I am trying to add the transaction distribution details onto a copy > of the PM Blank Document in Report Writer in GP 9. Would you pls > advise as I c...

Loan Accounts in Reports
Bugs are in reports, the loan that I pay to my car is divided in 2, principal and interest, but in reports I can't show the two at same time, the reports show only the interest that I'm paying. The budget have the same problem with loans, it shows values that don't exists, I start a new budget, put all the values correctly and finalize it, when I go to budget home there are values that I not put there. There is some fix to those bugs? ...

Monthly reports in Money 2004 Standard
Is there a way to customize the categories used to compose the Monthly Reports? I would like to omit my business travel and living expenses from these reports, as they are fully reimbursed, and have nothing to do with my household finances. Can this be done in 2004? If not, has this feature been rolled into newer versions? Monthly reports are not customizable in any version of Money that is in the wild. "bob2246" <bob2246@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3493CA51-596F-4D59-9540-F2D79EA5A618@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to customize the categor...

Selecting dynamic number of columns into fixed-structure table
I have a table with the following columns (the Pen# columns are all REAL data types and all columns support NULL values): dtDateTime Pen1 Pen2 Pen3 Pen4 Pen5 Pen6 Pen7 Pen8 Pen9 Pen10 I have a stored procedure that returns data similar to the following: dtDateTime TT_S02_20 TT_S02_30 TT_S02_50 ----------------------- ------------- ------------- ------------- 2010-06-26 00:00:06.653 148.1323 115.5447 124.679 2010-06-26 00:00:21.687 148.5214 115.5...

Reprinting/Reporting Past Z Reports
Hi all ~ Just wondering how to pull up a past Z report? Which database table(s) are used? Is there a sql for this so that I can pull up a week or months Z reports in a sql query? Thanks Jerry Jerry, In POS, F4, Batch button, find and double click on the batch you want, page down to the z-out, print. In Manager, Journal, View, find and double click on the batch you want, page down to the zout, print. -- * "Jerry Penna" <jerrypenna@msn.com> wrote in message news:3ac97809.0410011320.1b034dd9@posting.google.com... Hi all ~ Just wondering how to pull up a past Z rep...