Remove vertical line on form

Using Office 2003 and Windows XP;

There is a built-in vertical line running down the left side of my bound
forms with a right pointing triangle at the top. I want record selection and
scrolling, but I don't want this line to show, how can I get rid of it?

Thanks much in advance.

"XP" <XP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Using Office 2003 and Windows XP;
>
> There is a built-in vertical line running down the left side of my bound
> forms with a right pointing triangle at the top. I want record selection
> and
> scrolling, but I don't want this line to show, how can I get rid of it?
>
> Thanks much in advance.

That's the record selector.  You can turn it off with the form's Record
Selectors property (on the Format tab of the form's property sheet).  It has
nothing to do with scrolling, but it does provide a built-in means of
selecting the current record.  If you take it away, you can provide your own
mechanism to do that, using the VBA statement:

    RunCommand acCmdSelectRecord

--
Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP
www.datagnostics.com

(please reply to the newsgroup)

0
Dirk
12/13/2007 8:33:34 PM
Thanks, DG - would I put that line of code in the OnCurrent event of the form?

> Thanks, DG - would I put that line of code in the OnCurrent event of the
> form?

What is it you want to do?  That line will select the current record.  I
wouldn't think that was something you wanted to do every time the form
displays a record.  Most form operations don't require that the record be
selected.

--
Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP
www.datagnostics.com

(please reply to the newsgroup)

0
Dirk
12/13/2007 9:15:05 PM
Gotcha. You are right. I was thinking something else, but now that I set it
in my forms, that's exactly what I needed. Thanks.

"Dirk Goldgar" wrote:

> "XP" <XP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Thanks, DG - would I put that line of code in the OnCurrent event of the
> > form?
>

> What is it you want to do?  That line will select the current record.  I
> wouldn't think that was something you wanted to do every time the form
> displays a record.  Most form operations don't require that the record be
> selected.
>
> --
> Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP
> www.datagnostics.com
>
> (please reply to the newsgroup)

Remove Excel Icon ??

Adding data in a continuous form
Hi Guys, I have a blank continuous form to include some data, the thing is that when I finish the first line, I want to press enter and open a new line and include the second line and so on, but this is not happening, when I press nothing happen. I really appreciated if someone may help me with this. Thanks If it doesn't automatically add a new line, chances are your query or table is not editable. See if the arrow and asterisk at the bottom are highlighted. If not, they won't allow additions. -- Milton Purdy ACCESS State of Arkansas "Maracay&quo...

Removal

Remove lines with +++

thoughts on how to create a continuous form?
I want to create a continous form in my C# (VS2008) application -- the same as a continous form in MS Access. The purpose is purely for exercise. Here is the scenario: Say I have a table with 50 rows. I want to display the data from each row in textboxes on a form. Ideally, I could have a simple form with the desired textboxes and a prev/next button setup to display the data in each row. But instead I want a continous form, and I am thinking like having a panel for each row where each panel would contain the desired textboxes for each row. And these panels would be contained w...

How to Remove SRS

remove Fax from address book?

Removing an item from menu

Need to remove selected characters

entering data into a premade form
I have a pre-made check request form. I need to print a form with certain data on each. such as name, agent number, and amount. I have a couple hundred of them to print (one ck request for each person). is there a way to print the forms and auto enter the name, agent number, and amount on each form? Thank You.... This would best be done in Word with Excel as the source for a mailmerge. Your form being the document in Word to merge to. But you can do it in Excel alone. John Walkenbach has a sample workbook on his site. http://spreadsheetpage.com/index.php/tip/mail_merge...

Remove deduction code from payroll stub

Need a Continuous Form With a Subform on it.
Hi All, Ive Noticed that access wont allow me to do the following, but i need to find a work around, as a collegue would like to view the projects details in a continuous form view, but i have a linked table which allows me to assign multiply Clients to this table. which one project might be recieved from one client, but another project might be off 3 Clients. Now i can Achieve this by creating a report, but not in a form. what can i do? -- Yanick "dan.cawthorne@gmail.com" wrote: > Hi All, > > Ive Noticed that access wont allow me to do the following, but i need &g...

Refresh form to show information entered via a popup
I have main form, frmPatients, based on tblPatients. The main form shows the patient's name, DOB, etc. These controls are not enabled. I created my own toolbar with an item, "Add new patient." Clicking this opens up a model form, frmNewPatient (also based on tblPatients; Data Entry set to "Yes"). The user enters information for the new patient (name, DOB, etc.), and then clicks a save button. When frmNewPatient pops up, frmPatients moves to a new record using: ### Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer) Forms!frmPatients.SetFocus DoCmd.DoMenuItem acFormBar...

adding rules via command line
Hello, Is there a way to add a rule via command-line or to import a set of exported rules via command line? -thanks Moody No. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "moody" <moody@telepacific.com> wrote in message news:ae7e01c4886f$881e96f0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hello, > > Is there a way to add a rule via command-line or to import > a set of exported rules via command line? > > -thanks > > Moody ...

line chart question
I am making some line charts and am wondering if anyone knows a simple way to have the lines transition from data point to data point in crisp 95-degree angles, rather than direct lines as is the default. Thanks for any suggestions. Mike, I think your requirements need clarification. If it's a line chart, then the items on the x (category) axis will be equally spaced, and the angles at each point will only be 95 (or any) degrees for certain values of the data points. What do you want to adjust to force these angles? -- Regards from Virginia Beach, Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake....

Online form ~ I have word 2003 and 2007
Hello, I am trying to create an online form that will allow for a limited amount of characters per field. For example: Name: 20 Characters at length and so on Date: 15 Characters Title of the reading: 40 characters Please advise, Thanks -- astro44 ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader an...

How CancelUpdate if form closed during Edit or AddNew
Using VB5. With MDI and MDI child forms, how do I prevent a user from closing(by clicking the "X") on either the MDI or MDI child form while a Edit or a AddNew is in progress(ie. before an Update or CancelUpdate)? I tried to trap the closing and use CancelUpdate using "Form_QueryUnload" but the recordset had already been updated with the partial changes I had made prior to chicling Close. Help!! "Dennis Rose" wrote: > Using VB5. > > With MDI and MDI child forms, how do I prevent a user from closing(by > clicking the "...

Ability to have different default views and forms
It would be GREAT and honestly an expected feature to be able to set the default view and form. A standard scenario which I'm sure many users face is the following: Sales users need a default view of "My Accounts"/"My Opportunities" where support users such as Finance and Customer Support need defaults of "Active Accounts"/"Active Opportunities". Similarly with forms - different users need accessibility to different fields, so having a different form would be much easier then having to code hiding and viewing fields. Thx. ---------------- T...

How to Remove Yahoo toolbar

Removing password protection on a sheet

Adding and removing removable drives