Referencing Subform from another form 01-04-10

I have a search form and am trying to pick up data from another form to be
displayed in my search form when criteria matches. The search form worked
perfectly until I changed the way my database worked and changed some forms.
Now I am getting #Name in my text fields of the search form. Some background
information regarding my database is that the search form is currently bound
to a table risk. I have a data entry form (ptinfo) that has tabs
(ptinfo,incident,complaint). The form ptinfo also is bound to table risk. On
the incident tab i have a subform occurrence where data is entered and/or
changed. The subform also includes tabs. These tabs (inc, lab, track, etc.)
is where the data is entered and displayed using combo and text boxes, etc. I
am trying to reference reportdate in my search form so that the data can be
displayed.

form ptinfo - bound to table risk
form search - bound to table risk

ptinfo-occurrence subform-inc tab -reportdate (this is the field i am trying
to reference without success)

Please let me know if you need more information. Thank you in advance for
any help.

Disregard. Was having trouble posting.

"ATSBC03" wrote:

> I have a search form and am trying to pick up data from another form to be
> displayed in my search form when criteria matches. The search form worked
> perfectly until I changed the way my database worked and changed some forms.
> Now I am getting #Name in my text fields of the search form. Some background
> information regarding my database is that the search form is currently bound
> to a table risk. I have a data entry form (ptinfo) that has tabs
> (ptinfo,incident,complaint). The form ptinfo also is bound to table risk. On
> the incident tab i have a subform occurrence where data is entered and/or
> changed. The subform also includes tabs. These tabs (inc, lab, track, etc.)
> is where the data is entered and displayed using combo and text boxes, etc. I
> am trying to reference reportdate in my search form so that the data can be
> displayed.
>
> form ptinfo - bound to table risk
> form search - bound to table risk
>
> ptinfo-occurrence subform-inc tab -reportdate (this is the field i am trying
> to reference without success)
>
> Please let me know if you need more information. Thank you in advance for
> any help.

Test on 1/14/2010 at 3.10 AM for the sync issue.
Test on 1/14/2010 at 3.10 AM for the sync issue. -- Ashawani Please use microsoft.public.test for doing your tests. -- Sylvain Lafontaine, ing. MVP - Windows Live Platform Blog/web site: http://coding-paparazzi.sylvainlafontaine.com Independent consultant and remote programming for Access and SQL-Server (French) "Ashawani_Dubey" <ashawani_dubey@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:BDBD85D0-56AA-495A-94F3-B0449BCA61A2@microsoft.com... > Test on 1/14/2010 at 3.10 AM for the sync issue. > -- > Ashawani > > > On Wed, 13 Jan ...

Help with Dlookup problem in subform/main form
Hello, I am trying to make a subform that opens on a main form. The code works when I open the subform, but when the subform opens on the main form, it gives me an error message. Details: I have 2 subforms called "AutosGasData1sub" and "AutosGasData2sub". There is a field on each subform called "Best MPG" that pulls the best MPG from queries called "AutosGasStats1" and "AutosGasStats2" respectively. The subforms are attached to a form called "AutomobileGasolineSearch". I have added lookup fields to find the date of the Best MPG...

Highlight a Cell When Working in Another Cell
If I am working in, say, cell B5, is there a way I can have cell G5 highlighted? When I am inputting numbers into column B, there are instructions in column G that I would like to have highlighted so that the instructions for that particular row are easier to read. I can't think of a good way to do this. I'd appreciate any ideas. Thanks! Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) Cells.FormatConditions.Delete With Target If .Column = 2 Then .Offset(0, 5).FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, Formula1:="TRUE" Wi...

Closing form minimizes entire Ms Access Application
Hello Guys, I have a problem and I hope you can help me. I have 2 forms. Form A and Form B. Form B opena from a link on Form A. I was having a problem with Form B ie it always opened offscreen. I used the following info from a different forum to fix this issue... I created a visible text box, named TxtHoldfocus, with its Left, Width and Height properties each set to 0". Then on the form's, ONOpen event I executed. I think we resolved this in the other forum, right? http://www.accessforums.net/forms/closing-form-minimizes-entire-ms-access-application-3869.html#post12310 ...

Form Help Please
I have a nice clean, useful report except for one thing. No search function. Is there any way to put a search function on a report? If not, I have been unsuccessful using the filter. I have a 157 page report so how can I filter or just "jump" to the page I need? I need to find a certain school district and then print the information on the report for that district. Each district is on its own page in the report, so if I could just go to XYZ district without having to scroll al the way through it would help. Thanks so much!!!!! On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 14:58:06 -0800, Golfinray wrot...

How to find the main dir of another app through setup?
this is OT but you are so knowledgable here: Is it possible to make Inno Setup extract the main directory for windows media player automatically, so that my plugin is installed in {media player dir}\Visualizations automatically? -- ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Music, Recipes, Photos, and more: http://www.sequoiagrove.dk "You don�t frighten us, English pig-dogs! Go and boil your bottoms, sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called Arthur-king, you and all your silly English kaniggets. Thppppt!" ------------------------...

Referencing merged cells
I'm having trouble referencing a merged cell in another workbook. Say I merge cells A1 to C1 in workbook 1. When I make this the active cell, the Name Box says "A1". When I go to another workbook (say, workbook 2), go to cell B1, type "=" and then go to the merged cell and select it, I get 'workbook1'!$A$1:$C$1 as the formula and, of course, the "#VALUE" error. I've successfully tried typing "=sum(" without the quotes hen clicking on the contents of the cell and then adding the ")" and it works O.K. but there should be an easi...

Form Fields
I am creating a data entry form that contains 2 controls: one is a combo box and the other is a list box. I am populating the control box using the .AddItem method (property?) during the Form.Initialize Event and have successfully accomplished this. The list box is intended to be a dynamic list based on whichever choice is selected in the ComboBox. All the data is listed in 2 rows of a single worksheet - PartsList!A:B. Column A contains the Customer Name which would correspond with the value selected in the Combobox and Column B contains the Part Number. I know I could programmical...

Problems removing Form/Subform link using LinkMasterFields
Hi, I'm trying to remove a link between a form and a subform using the following code: Me!subform.LinkMasterFields = "" Me!subform.LinkChildFields = "" The result is the error code: You canceled the previous operation (run- time error 2001). Don't know what is wrong. I also tried: Me!subform.LinkMasterFields = Null Me!subform.LinkChildFields = Null but that gave me a different error message. FYI, I have access 2003. Thanks, Daniel ...

CRM Mobile Express Installation on Another Server
The server we use internally for CRM is not one we share with the outside world. We woud prefer to put the Mobile Express Client on our Web Server. This is a SBS 2003 server running IIS 6.0 the CRM server is also running IIS 6.0. The Mobile Express install instructions specify that the Adminsitrative Interface virtual directory needs to be installed underneath the CRM site under IIS. However that's on the CRM server we don't have on the outside of our network. How can we get this accessable via our SBS server? One of the things you could do is install ISA Server (or any othe proxy s...

Referencing another field if result is N/A
Hello, I have a situation where I am referencing data on another workbook. The reason behind this is the data in Column H can be entered incorrectly and often is. I am able to prevent this going forward but can not do so for the items already entered. I enter a formula via VBA, however, sometimes the result will be #N/A and if so I would prefer to leave the old value and just highlight it that it needs to be verified by hand. I am not sure if I can just "leave" the value as it has pretty much already been replaced. Due to this, I copy the column to a different colum...

outbox #10
I am having messages hang up in the outbox now several times a day, with and without attachments. Even when I follow the troubleshoot and rehit "send" on the message waiting in the outbox, it often takes 5 minutes of more to take off. With a large attachment that seem to hang up forever. ...

Using one table instead of another?
Say I created two tablesin Microsoft Excel. In a cell above the two tables i insert a value. To use table 1 you insert the letter (a) or to use table 2 you insert (b). How can I do this? when i insert the letter (a) I want table 1 to be highlighted yellow and table 2 to be highlighted red. Also i want table 2 to be locked when i insert the letter (a). The same goes for the letter (b) but vice versa. How do I do this? Hi! What do you mean by: >Also i want table 2 to be locked when i insert the letter (a). The same >goes for the letter (b) but vice versa. Biff "Using one...

Second Post: Refferencing Nested SubForms
Hi Folks - really struggling to workout how to reference my MainForm from a Nested Subform. Here's my structure: MainForm >TabPanel1 >>SumForm1 on TabPanel1 >>>TabPanel2 on SubForm1 >>>>SubForm2 on TabPanel2 (Reason for this structure is because of the need for nested TabPanels) I need SubForm2 Master/Child references to reference the MainForm RecordSource. Currently, by simply linking SubForm2!fc_id to MainForm!fc_id I get the 1st record from the MainForm recordsource regardless where the cursor is in that recordsource. I have tried using a reference...

Locating file in another directory
I am trying to convert a Lotus 123 function into an excel fomula. In Lotus a fuction "@isfile" will go into another directory and determine if a file is there and return a code. Is this a way that this can be accomplished in excel? Again, this is the requirement. I want to have a formula or function that will go into another directory and determine if a pre-defined file is locted there and return a character or code to the cell. It only needs to do this when the file is opened. Thank You John jcdowning@comcast.net ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Mess...

Copied 4 columns from excel doc. and pasted into another excel doc
I copied 4 columns from 1 excel doc. and pasted into another excel doc. The columns are: Bates No., Date, Summary & Box No. The excel document I'm working in have the exact same columns. I was trying to have one excel file to work in. When I went to sort the Box column, I noticed it did not sort the entire table. The portion of the text I copied and pasted at the bottom of the excel doc. did not sort. Its treating the text as though it is not part of the document. How do I fix this? Excel starts at the cell the cursor is in and sorts all contiguious data.....that is, unti...

This workbook is currently referenced by another workbook and cannot be closed.
The message is given when I try to close a workbook / kill Microsoft Excel. I'm using Microsoft Excel 2002 / XP. The spreadsheet includes a reference to another sheet that someone else referenced in another message here. I put the AddIn sheet in via: Tools, AddIns..., Analysis ToolPack - VBA. I've not referenced any function or procedure in the add-in. I get a Triangular Warning / Error ? It's got a graphic of a Yellow Triangle with an Exclamation Mark inside. The subject is the exact text of the warning. A Microsoft Search on the subject yielded nothing. Google yielded one ...

Form Designer in VC Net 2003 ???
sorry but I am a newbie ... Does Visual C++ Net 2003 have a form designer like Borland's C Builder ??? Is it easier to develope applicaitons with VC Net then with Borland C Builder ??? Is the form designer in VC Net more flexible and powerful then the ones in Borland C Builder ??? Hope to hear from you soon ... Andy > Does Visual C++ Net 2003 have a form designer like Borland's C Builder ??? Has a form designer, but not like Borland's C Builder. > Is it easier to develope applicaitons with VC Net then with Borland C > Builder ??? I think yes, but this is personal....

Form event
HI All I have some delete queries and an import in VBA code. I want to intitialize the queries and import when a form opens. The form is based on a table that is updated with the queries and import. Problem: When I import the data and run the queries my form comes up blank. I think I just need to put it on the correct event but I haven't been able to find it. I've tried refreshing and requering the form after the import which didn't work. Thanks ...

How can I update fields in one table with fields in another table?
Hi All I have two tables: my main table and a cut-down version of the main table with newly updated values: Main ------- RefNo Document_Type Version Title ModMain ------------- RefNo Document_Type_UPDATED Version_UPDATED Title_UPDATED I can't work how to use Access's query builder to do the simple task of updating the fields in "Main" with the modified values in "ModMain" where the RefNos match. Can anyone give me a pointer or web link? I cant find any information in Access Help about performing update queries with more than one table. This seems a straight for...

Cannot create an organisational form in Exchange 2003, SP2..Help!!
We have exchange 2003 with SP2. I cannot create an organisatonal form in exchange. When I right click EFORMS REGISTRY (First admin group\Folders\public folders\EFORMS REGISTRY) i do not have the option to select new > Organizational Form. Any ideas? I am logged in as administrator so I have the necessary permissions.. Please please help. Thanks Vijay ...

Last Form to have Focus error
I have an app where the user wants to copy the current record (2 tables) and create a new record. Since there is a ton of available data I pop up a screen that allows them to select what parts of the record they want. Works pretty well (cannot seem to get the calling form to go to the new record). This copy form can be called from two different forms. So I was trying to use the following so I would know which form called it as to make some decisions. In the same database I am using this code when calling my own type of message box (ex 1) and it works great. I use it to change the b...

Worksheet doesn't permit F4 absolute referencing tool in formulas
I've never seen this before in a worksheet and can't find a Tool-Option that would change it. You can of course type the dollar signs in, but the F4 key won't toggle. Sure it's something simple, any help appreciated! -- ronthedog ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ronthedog's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26504 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=397725 ...

referencing the cell above
Hi I have a kin a formula wich gets the value from the cell above and then add some. What I get is an list of values incrementing. When I delete one row in this list, all cells below 'crashes' with #REF!. What I need is that for the formulas to always look one cell up, even if I delete a row. Now it seems that if I delete Row8, then when Row9 become Row8 it reference to it self and then ov course goes bananas... Hope I made myself understandable ;-) Any ideas folks? -------- stuhag --------- Instead of using say =A19, use =OFFSET(A20,-1,0). This would go in A20, and as it does...

multiple select list boxes on form
I'm reposting this because I have been working for over three weeks trying to develop the VBA code and was hoping to stay in that vicinity. My form has multiple-select list boxes (both text and numbers) that contain customer contact info, company revenue, and sales relationships. How do I loop the code so that the form displays (which will eventually be exported to Excel) only the records based on the multiple criteria selection within each box? Any help you can offer is appreciated. I can get the code to work for one multiple-select dropdown filter, and I can get the code to work for...