recording the print date

Have a situation in which the printing (on paper) needs to have recorded the 
date the printing occurred.  This would mainly be a field on the form that 
says when the report was printed.  It won't make a difference how many times 
the report is printed so long as the date appears in a field.  The users use 
the standard Access 2007 printing methods to print the report so adding a 
PRINT button on a form or the report is not acceptable.  

Is is possible to capture A2007's print button?  If so, how is it done?  Any 
samples, examples, or links will be helpful.

Thanks.... John
0
Utf
6/3/2010 6:12:47 PM
access.formscoding 7494 articles. 0 followers. Follow

3 Replies
1249 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 27

JohnE wrote:
> Have a situation in which the printing (on paper) needs to have
> recorded the date the printing occurred.  This would mainly be a
> field on the form that says when the report was printed.  It won't
> make a difference how many times the report is printed so long as the
> date appears in a field.  The users use the standard Access 2007
> printing methods to print the report so adding a PRINT button on a
> form or the report is not acceptable.
>
> Is is possible to capture A2007's print button?  If so, how is it
> done?  Any samples, examples, or links will be helpful.
>
> Thanks.... John

Back in the old days....

I used to pop a message asking if the printing had been a success rather 
than just mark something printed.
It's a rare problem today but I still use it.

Something like
  If MsgBox("Did everything print OK?", vbYesNo, "Continue")= vbYes Then
         Me.YourFieldName = Date()
  End If

  You could also use Now() to save the time and date.

  You will have to change the way 2007 writes these buttons and make sure it 
writes code rather than a macro. (Although it can probably be done with a 
macro.)

  Click the Access button and select "Access Options" at the bottom right of 
the screen.


0
Mike
6/3/2010 8:10:20 PM

"Mike Painter" wrote:

> JohnE wrote:
> > Have a situation in which the printing (on paper) needs to have
> > recorded the date the printing occurred.  This would mainly be a
> > field on the form that says when the report was printed.  It won't
> > make a difference how many times the report is printed so long as the
> > date appears in a field.  The users use the standard Access 2007
> > printing methods to print the report so adding a PRINT button on a
> > form or the report is not acceptable.
> >
> > Is is possible to capture A2007's print button?  If so, how is it
> > done?  Any samples, examples, or links will be helpful.
> >
> > Thanks.... John
> 
> Back in the old days....
> 
> I used to pop a message asking if the printing had been a success rather 
> than just mark something printed.
> It's a rare problem today but I still use it.
> 
> Something like
>   If MsgBox("Did everything print OK?", vbYesNo, "Continue")= vbYes Then
>          Me.YourFieldName = Date()
>   End If
> 
>   You could also use Now() to save the time and date.
> 
>   You will have to change the way 2007 writes these buttons and make sure it 
> writes code rather than a macro. (Although it can probably be done with a 
> macro.)
> 
>   Click the Access button and select "Access Options" at the bottom right of 
> the screen.
> 
> 
> .
> 

Thanks.  The message box trick could work.  Since it is the Access printing 
that is doing the work of printing the Access report, where do you place the 
msgbox?  Also, I looked at the Access Options but what in particular should I 
be looking for?
Thanks again.
John
0
Utf
6/4/2010 2:57:52 AM
JohnE wrote:
> "Mike Painter" wrote:
>
>> JohnE wrote:
>>> Have a situation in which the printing (on paper) needs to have
>>> recorded the date the printing occurred.  This would mainly be a
>>> field on the form that says when the report was printed.  It won't
>>> make a difference how many times the report is printed so long as
>>> the date appears in a field.  The users use the standard Access 2007
>>> printing methods to print the report so adding a PRINT button on a
>>> form or the report is not acceptable.
>>>
>>> Is is possible to capture A2007's print button?  If so, how is it
>>> done?  Any samples, examples, or links will be helpful.
>>>
>>> Thanks.... John
>>
>> Back in the old days....
>>
>> I used to pop a message asking if the printing had been a success
>> rather than just mark something printed.
>> It's a rare problem today but I still use it.
>>
>> Something like
>>   If MsgBox("Did everything print OK?", vbYesNo, "Continue")= vbYes
>>          Then Me.YourFieldName = Date()
>>   End If
>>
>>   You could also use Now() to save the time and date.
>>
>>   You will have to change the way 2007 writes these buttons and make
>> sure it writes code rather than a macro. (Although it can probably
>> be done with a macro.)
>>
>>   Click the Access button and select "Access Options" at the bottom
>> right of the screen.
>>
>>
>> .
>>
>
> Thanks.  The message box trick could work.  Since it is the Access
> printing that is doing the work of printing the Access report, where
> do you place the msgbox?  Also, I looked at the Access Options but
> what in particular should I be looking for?
> Thanks again.
> John

I thought it could be done globally but can't find where.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access/ha012142131033.aspx#convertmacrostovba 
will guide you through converting and it works on forms.

When done you will have something like what is below and the Msgbox would be 
right under the DoCmd.OpenReport.


Private Sub Command105_Click()
On Error GoTo Command105_Click_Err

    DoCmd.OpenReport "Products", acViewPreview, "", "", acNormal

Command105_Click_Exit:
    Exit Sub

Command105_Click_Err:
    MsgBox Error$
    Resume Command105_Click_Exit

End Sub


0
Mike
6/7/2010 6:46:41 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

printing address book
How do you print the address book? Thank you. Open the contact folder-File->Print. Select your preferred style of print. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Lance Gardner asked: | How do you print the address book? Thank you. ...

Out of date
I have a simple Wizard generated application. Even if no changes have been made it says a .obj file is out of date when I do a Build Execute. I have done a Clean and a full rebuild but it still says the file is out of date when I do a Build > Execute. After years of using VC++ with MFC I don't remember seeing this behaviour before. How do I fix it? Steve -- EasyNN-plus. The easy way to build neural networks. Build networks from numeric, text and image files. http://www.easynn.com I get this all the time on several apps. My theory has always been that on newer faster computers,...

How do I add a record counter to my form
I would like to add my own record counter, like "Record # of #", to my form. How can I do this? Private Sub Form_Load() DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNext DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acFirst End Sub Private Sub Form_Current() Me.Caption = "Record " & CurrentRecord & " Of " & RecordsetClone.RecordCount & " Records" End Sub This code places the info in the form's title area. To place it in a Label, substitute Me.LableName.Caption for Me.Caption. To place it in a TextBox, substitute Me.TextBoxName.Va...

Record recording
I need help in creating an automatic record form a file to an individual record. Example: You would make a work order for three different employees the first employees work order enter name, date, location, time, cost, and then this information would automatically be recorded to a permanent work sheet record specific to that employee. I have tried to manipulate VLOOKUP for this but to no avail. Any clue or help would be greatly appreciated. -- cdixon ------------------------------------------------------------------------ cdixon's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=ge...

how to print objects on the background?
I have placed an object on the background and am trying to print it. aaannnnddddd...what happens when you push the print button? "fbcwhite" <fbcwhite@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2573000F-7165-4B6C-9855-894FFEDE3099@microsoft.com... |I have placed an object on the background and am trying to print it. ...

Help with sql which counts records
Could someone help me to extend this sql to include: 1. a count of txtsole where the field is a YES/NO field and I want a count of where the answer is YES 2. a count of txtmulti where the field is a YES/NO field and I want a count of where the answer is YES 3. a count of txtsole where the field is a YES/NO field and I want a count of where the answer is YES 4. a count of txtnbrparts where the field is a number field and I want a count of where the answer greater than 1 I think I need to extend the WHERE statement? SELECT tblhvdealspt1.txtablhybrid, Count(*) AS totals, tblhvdealspt...

Date/Time field
I though this would be a simple fix, but I am stuck. I have a date/time text box that is used to filter with. There is a format mask of 00/00/0000; My problem is that when the text box is clicked on, if the cursor is in the middle of the format mask that is where you start typing, so if you want to start from the beginning you have to backspace to the start. I would like the on click event to start as far left as possible so that there is no need to backspace to get tot the beginning. Thanks for the help. "Ryan Tisserand" <RyanTisserand@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Printing radio buttons
When I print a sheet with radio buttons they display with shadows around them. Is it possible to change their properties so that they simply print the circular outlines of the buttons instead of the boxed shadows? ...

Selecting specific records
Is it possible to create a form with a "select" field (yes/no box), to select several items (say employees) and then output this information to a report with only the fields selected? -- Lori A. Pong How about multi-select list box? HTH -- -Larry- -- "Lori" <lpong@sternconstruction.com> wrote in message news:CAE5922D-92E5-4A01-83B2-6484024725C5@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to create a form with a "select" field (yes/no box), to select > several items (say employees) and then output this information to a report > with only the fields sele...

name of axis is not printed fully in charts
HI, The x axis name is 'YTD 2007, but only YTD is visible on the chart, how do I amend this? Hi, A known problem. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3ben-us%3b870698 Try adding trailing spaces and non-breaking spaces (ALT+160 numeric keypad) Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "AngelBubbles" <AngelBubbles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:85D3B547-0526-494E-ADBE-65AA067C3051@microsoft.com... > HI, > > The x axis name is 'YTD 2007, but only YTD is visible on the chart, how do > I &g...

Multiple records in table to display single records
My table has 3 columns, A is account numbers, B is first name, C is last name. If an account has 2 owners, the account number is listed twice in C1, like this: A B C 123 Hank Jones 123 Ann Jones 231 Mike Smith 321 Jim John I want to query this table to display the names side by side if there is more than one owner, so that my data appears like this: A B C D E 123 Hal Jones Ann Jones 231 Tim Smith 321 Jim John Help please! Sorry, got the names mixed up! "Hurrikane4" wrote: > My table has 3 columns, A is account numb...

How do I trigger an event on opening a record
I have an Access 2003 form where I would like to take an action (e.g. via an event procedure or macro) whwnever the user opens a record for editing (e.g. via the arrowed record selector buttons). Effectively what I want is something like an On Enter or On Open control but relating to a whole record. It seems that such a control is only available for (e.g.) a text box, which relates to a single field in a record. I thought there would be something in the Detail section of the form as I thought that section related to whole records (?) but there isn't such a control there. Any idea...

Object Source / Record Source
Hello I have created a database regarding the School System. I have created three forms (one form and two subforms) one main form is (Students) where i enter student's name, father's name, phone, address etc. now on the main Student form i want to place a subform. But the thing i want to know is: I want to make two buttons on my main form (Fees) and (Progress).. because i have two subforms (sbffees and sbfprogress) now the record source of subformbox should be controled with these two buttons. when i click the ( Fee) button the Source Object should be (sbf-fee) and when i c...

Excel 2002 Date Formatting
Assuming the date entered is "01.27.2005", I want to format as "JAN.2005" (not "Jan.2005") - is this possible? Can you use a helper cell and show the results there? =UPPER(TEXT(DATEVALUE(SUBSTITUTE(A1,".","/")),"mmm.yyyy")) Worked ok with my USA date settings (mdy). substitute() changed the dots to slashes. datevalue() made it a real date text() changed it to Jan.2005 and upper() changed the case. skoladycz wrote: > > Assuming the date entered is "01.27.2005", I want to format as "JAN.2005" > (not &...

Outlook client 'View in CRM' does not open the record
My 'View in CRM' button is not opening the CRM record. Pop-up blocker is turned off. Any other ideas? Thank you very much! Suzy ...

Print RTF spanning multiple pages
Hi, My application uses a RTF file to report the results of an execution. This report file can be printed out automatically or saved for future purposes. The content of the RTF report file is very diverse: text in different fonts and colors, pictures, tables, ... When I create the RTF file I set its page width to the maximum (up to 5 times a normal A4 width) so that ever large objects (tables or pictures) can be displayed correctly. I run into problems when the content I want to print out is wider than one physical page: a long line of text gets 'word wrapped' to the next line(s) ins...

Fill entire page with printed area
I want an EASY way to fill the entire page with the printed.I adjust the margins to .25 all around. Now, I use large size font..i.e. 20--50 to help do this. I then adjust the columns/rows to fit. I have used 'Fit to page' etc and 'percents' to attempt to fill the page from top to bottom. Doesn't seem to do it. Easier way? ...

Record Count 10-02-07
Experts, I'm trying to dynamically stored the record count from a subform into a field on my form. Now I have to look at the record count on the subform and manually entered the count into a field on form. There must be a better way. Please help! In the Control Source property of a text box on the main form: =[SubFormControlName].[Form].[recordset].[RecordCount] Where SubFormControlName is the name of the subform control, Not the name of the form that is the Source Object of the subform control. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Shiller" wrote: > Experts, >...

Printing Font color
Can anyone tell me how to print normal text in a color other than black? Have tried all types of fill for text (both black and gray) and still always prints BLACK. Ellen this would be an issue of your printer driver - not Publisher. The issue you describe is unknown in Publisher. However, we can get to the bottom of it for you. What version of Windows and Publisher are you using? Is this 'normal text' in a Text Frame or WordArt? What brand and model of printer are you using? -- ...

MCI recording silence, but Sound Recorder records OK.
Hello everybody, This code using MCI is working fine in many PCs, but one (in which only a long silence is recorded): // // OPEN // sMsg.Format("open new type waveaudio alias %s", m_sWavName); mciError = mciSendString(sMsg, lpszReturnString, 256, NULL); (...) sMsg.Format("status %s mode wait", m_sWavName); mciError = mciSendString(sMsg, lpszReturnString, 256, NULL); (...) sMsg.Format("set %s format tag PCM", m_sWavName); mciError = mciSendString(sMsg, lpszReturnString, 256, NULL); (...) sMsg.Format("set %s channels 1", m_sWavName); mciE...

Excel printing problem, pictures trunkates
when trying to print an excel sheet that has an imported pricture in it, the pictures trunkates in the print out... how to prevent? ...

Control the number of records shown in a report/subreport.
I've posted this question before and when I follow the advice, I keep getting a circular reference error. So I'm hoping that if I post some more info, I may get insight as to what is going wrong. I have a report (BartS1report) it uses a query (BartS1Report). This report as a subreport (BartS1Sub2) that uses the query (BartS1). The report lists the customer name, address, and systems serviced. The subreport lists the systems serviced. The reports are connected through the Master/Child links Customer ID and the ServiceAddress. When there are more than 20 systems per ...

Customize printing in Notebook view
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Is it possible to print my notes created in notebook view such that the sections I have collapsed on the screen are also collapsed on the print? Whenever I collapse sections and try to print it, the sections don't end up collapsed on the print. ...

I need a large print business card template.
I'm legally blind and often need to share my basic info, name, address, phone number, and e-mail address with other visually people. I need a business card template with no graphics or logo that would have large print; maybe 18-pt for the name and the rest in 14-pt Arial font. Thank you in advance for any help you can provide to this beginning user! Will you need the standard size business card? Do you have the business card stock or will you be using a special size and manually cutting. What version Publisher are you using? In file, page setup, select business card. You will hav...

printing contacts to labels
How do I print out my Outlook 2003 contacts onto Avery labels (L7165 if it's relevant)? Many thanks. Outlook uses Word for performing mail merge functions such as Form Letters, mailing labels, envelopes, and fax or email merges. For an overview of these functions take a look here: http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/printlabel.htm http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/mailmerge.htm http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011186361033.aspx -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Trent SC" <invalid@bogoff.invalid> wrote in message news:%233s$R1IGHHA.2456@TK2MSFTNGP06.ph...