Record Number 04-17-10

I'm migrating an ACC03 database to an ACC07 database.

On a particular form, the users claim that in the 03 database they
could scroll through the record numbers (the record numbers at the
bottom left of the form) in date order, rather than how they were
entered -- by record number).

Could this be done in ACC03? Can it be done in ACC07?

Thanks

Jeff
0
Jeffrey

Jeffrey Marks wrote:

>I'm migrating an ACC03 database to an ACC07 database.
>
>On a particular form, the users claim that in the 03 database they
>could scroll through the record numbers (the record numbers at the
>bottom left of the form) in date order, rather than how they were
>entered -- by record number).
>
>Could this be done in ACC03? Can it be done in ACC07?

Records in a table are not in any order and it's no surprise
that they are displayed in a seemingly mixed up way.  The
order of the records in a form is specified in the form's
record source query.  If you do not specify the query's
record sorting (or use the table as the record source), the
records can easily be displayed in a semi random way.

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

How do I add a record counter to my form
I would like to add my own record counter, like "Record # of #", to my form. How can I do this? Private Sub Form_Load() DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNext DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acFirst End Sub Private Sub Form_Current() Me.Caption = "Record " & CurrentRecord & " Of " & RecordsetClone.RecordCount & " Records" End Sub This code places the info in the form's title area. To place it in a Label, substitute Me.LableName.Caption for Me.Caption. To place it in a TextBox, substitute Me.TextBoxName.Va...

Record recording
I need help in creating an automatic record form a file to an individual record. Example: You would make a work order for three different employees the first employees work order enter name, date, location, time, cost, and then this information would automatically be recorded to a permanent work sheet record specific to that employee. I have tried to manipulate VLOOKUP for this but to no avail. Any clue or help would be greatly appreciated. -- cdixon ------------------------------------------------------------------------ cdixon's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=ge...

Removing Picklist Values 06-21-04
I understand that removal (deletion) of picklist values in CRM has a number of "gotchas" that you need to be cognizant of as you plan to perform this task. I have not found any documentation that purports to contain any of the aforementioned problems and I am a bit concerned that I am going to miss something. I really need to get rid of some values that are not as "valuable" as they were communicated during implementation planning. Can anyone give me some pointers on what to look out for or perhaps point me to some documentation that would do the same? Thanks i...

change signs in a column of numbers
I have a column of figures that includes both positive and negative numbers. I want to change the positive numbers to negative ones, and vice-versa. Any way to do this in Excel 2002? Thanx. Type -1 to any empty cell Copy that cell select the range that you will change the number sign On the worksheet menu, EDIT > PASTE SPECIAL Choose values and multiply, click OK "bob" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:065601c39b8e$a0babdc0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have a column of figures that includes both positive and > negative numbers. I want to c...

Help with sql which counts records
Could someone help me to extend this sql to include: 1. a count of txtsole where the field is a YES/NO field and I want a count of where the answer is YES 2. a count of txtmulti where the field is a YES/NO field and I want a count of where the answer is YES 3. a count of txtsole where the field is a YES/NO field and I want a count of where the answer is YES 4. a count of txtnbrparts where the field is a number field and I want a count of where the answer greater than 1 I think I need to extend the WHERE statement? SELECT tblhvdealspt1.txtablhybrid, Count(*) AS totals, tblhvdealspt...

How do I find and replace a number with a minus sign in front?
Hi We need a bit more information to help. Are you wanting to return a 0 rather than a negative result from a calculation? =MAX(0,A1-B1) -- Regards Roger Govier "D.Sommer" <D.Sommer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4E015C20-5675-4979-BE01-28690DF3AF86@microsoft.com... > ...

Sorting page numbers
Is there a simple way of sorting pages back into numeric order after building a large spread sheet so they appear in ascending order on the monitor. Without renumbering that is Thanks Mike Hi Mike, Your question is not clear to me, so here are three interpretations even if it is a stretch compared to even what you indicated. If you sorted the rows into a different order and want to restore them you can restore the order if you previous numbered your rows by placing a 1 on a new column (helper column) and used the fill-handle to place 2 into next cell, and 3 into next, etc. If you mean...

Append Query w/ 'next number'
Hello Gurus, Scenario: I have an oracle database connected thru ODBC. I want to append data to Table- A that has following in it: Col1 (Integer), Col2 (text) -------------- --------- 10 txt1 12 txt2 9 txt3 I have a local table Table-B w/ the following Values: Col1 (text) ---------- txt5 txt6 txt7 The result I want in Table-A after appending from TAble-B is: Col1 (Integer), Col2 (text) -------------- --------- 10 txt1 12 txt2 9 txt3 13 txt5 14 txt6 15 txt7 Notice the Col1 values 13, 14 and 15. What I want is to get the max of Col1 in existing table-A (which ...

Selecting specific records
Is it possible to create a form with a "select" field (yes/no box), to select several items (say employees) and then output this information to a report with only the fields selected? -- Lori A. Pong How about multi-select list box? HTH -- -Larry- -- "Lori" <lpong@sternconstruction.com> wrote in message news:CAE5922D-92E5-4A01-83B2-6484024725C5@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to create a form with a "select" field (yes/no box), to select > several items (say employees) and then output this information to a report > with only the fields sele...

EXCEL 04-16-10
I have two different workbook with different data in each one except for the social security that might be in both workbook. I want to order excel that whenever they find in the workbook 2 any social security that exist in workbook 1 they trnslate the data to the workbook 1. VLOOKUP or INDEX/MATCH. Write the Formula in Book2 and then Cut and move to Book1. http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/excel-vlookup-formula.htm http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/left-lookup.htm -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Giselle" <Giselle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Multiple records in table to display single records
My table has 3 columns, A is account numbers, B is first name, C is last name. If an account has 2 owners, the account number is listed twice in C1, like this: A B C 123 Hank Jones 123 Ann Jones 231 Mike Smith 321 Jim John I want to query this table to display the names side by side if there is more than one owner, so that my data appears like this: A B C D E 123 Hal Jones Ann Jones 231 Tim Smith 321 Jim John Help please! Sorry, got the names mixed up! "Hurrikane4" wrote: > My table has 3 columns, A is account numb...

How do I trigger an event on opening a record
I have an Access 2003 form where I would like to take an action (e.g. via an event procedure or macro) whwnever the user opens a record for editing (e.g. via the arrowed record selector buttons). Effectively what I want is something like an On Enter or On Open control but relating to a whole record. It seems that such a control is only available for (e.g.) a text box, which relates to a single field in a record. I thought there would be something in the Detail section of the form as I thought that section related to whole records (?) but there isn't such a control there. Any idea...

SOAP Error 06-24-04
Writing in VB.Net The Following... Public Class Midget Inherits Microsoft.CRM.Platform.Proxy.BizUser Public Function WhoAmI2() As Microsoft.CRM.Platform.Proxy.CUserAuth Dim strDir As String = "http://apps/mscrmservices/" Dim bizUser As Microsoft.CRM.Platform.Proxy.BizUser bizUser = New Microsoft.CRM.Platform.Proxy.BizUser bizUser.Credentials = System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials bizUser.Url = strDir + "BizUser.srf" Dim userAuth As Microsoft.CRM.Platform.Proxy.CUserAuth userAuth = New Microsoft.CR...

Object Source / Record Source
Hello I have created a database regarding the School System. I have created three forms (one form and two subforms) one main form is (Students) where i enter student's name, father's name, phone, address etc. now on the main Student form i want to place a subform. But the thing i want to know is: I want to make two buttons on my main form (Fees) and (Progress).. because i have two subforms (sbffees and sbfprogress) now the record source of subformbox should be controled with these two buttons. when i click the ( Fee) button the Source Object should be (sbf-fee) and when i c...

Outlook client 'View in CRM' does not open the record
My 'View in CRM' button is not opening the CRM record. Pop-up blocker is turned off. Any other ideas? Thank you very much! Suzy ...

Record Count 10-02-07
Experts, I'm trying to dynamically stored the record count from a subform into a field on my form. Now I have to look at the record count on the subform and manually entered the count into a field on form. There must be a better way. Please help! In the Control Source property of a text box on the main form: =[SubFormControlName].[Form].[recordset].[RecordCount] Where SubFormControlName is the name of the subform control, Not the name of the form that is the Source Object of the subform control. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Shiller" wrote: > Experts, >...

4.0 enterprise edition, max. number of organization
Hi all, Does anyone have idea about the max. number of organizations can be defined in enterprise edition of 4.0? Is there an upper limit for this? Hi, I asked the same question from Microsoft long time back and i was replied that there is no speicfic limitation. In order to be on safe side you better check it from Microsoft yourself and its better =EDf you get the response in written . /Aamir Thank you Aamir "Aamir" wrote: > Hi, > > I asked the same question from Microsoft long time back and i was > replied that there is no speicfic limitation. > In order to b...

How to get monitor,memory serail numbers
Dear all, Please help me how to get serial numbers of memory and monitor - whether we can get this details in registry or by using any api or wmi - plz help me Regards Sankar Memory rarely, if ever, has a serial number. As for the monitor, that depends on the nature of the video device driver, and that's getting into areas I've never worked in. joe On 30 Jun 2004 23:10:41 -0700, swsiintr@hclinsys.com (Sankar-R) wrote: >Dear all, > Please help me how to get serial numbers of memory and monitor - >whether we can get this details in registry or by using any api o...

burning a CD 01-07-10
I have Windows XP Home Edition and im trying to use my Windows Media Player to burn one of my play lists onto CD however sum of the songs have been ripped from CDs and others have been downloaded and they're MP3 types and it says can not synchronize?? How am i able to get those songs onto my audio CD? Thanks in advance :D What's the exact text of the error... ? That seems like a strange response from the player, so I'm wondering what the specific text is. When you click Web Help on the error dialog, what URL does it take you to? -- Speaking for myself only...

MCI recording silence, but Sound Recorder records OK.
Hello everybody, This code using MCI is working fine in many PCs, but one (in which only a long silence is recorded): // // OPEN // sMsg.Format("open new type waveaudio alias %s", m_sWavName); mciError = mciSendString(sMsg, lpszReturnString, 256, NULL); (...) sMsg.Format("status %s mode wait", m_sWavName); mciError = mciSendString(sMsg, lpszReturnString, 256, NULL); (...) sMsg.Format("set %s format tag PCM", m_sWavName); mciError = mciSendString(sMsg, lpszReturnString, 256, NULL); (...) sMsg.Format("set %s channels 1", m_sWavName); mciE...

How to set up Australian phone number details in contacts... #2
And now with a working email address... I'm new to Outlook, and am trying to set up my default location details and contacts (especially phone numbers) in a format that will properly synchronise with my SonyEricsson T68i via data cable. Having cable, I do not use Outlook for dialling anything. I seem to be getting very tangled with auto country codes (which I don't want but which seem to refuse to be switched off), best format for area codes (with or without the '0'?), how to treat mobile numbers and so on. Australian numbers typically tend to be in the format Area Code 0...

How to Replace Numbers with Phrases
-- Jerry ...

Control the number of records shown in a report/subreport.
I've posted this question before and when I follow the advice, I keep getting a circular reference error. So I'm hoping that if I post some more info, I may get insight as to what is going wrong. I have a report (BartS1report) it uses a query (BartS1Report). This report as a subreport (BartS1Sub2) that uses the query (BartS1). The report lists the customer name, address, and systems serviced. The subreport lists the systems serviced. The reports are connected through the Master/Child links Customer ID and the ServiceAddress. When there are more than 20 systems per ...

installing SafePay 10.0
Hello: If a client has over thirty companies in GP 10.0 and will only use Safe Pay in say two of those companies, is it OK to just install the module in just those two companies? Or, do you absolutely have to install it in all thirty companies? childofthe1980s Installation of the software is installation wide. You install the chunk files needed on all pcs. Once the software is active, it will require its files, on all companies. You do not have to configure it for use on any other companies but it it requests the files to be created, the message will recur until the files are crea...

Negative numbers not recognized
When I import reports into Excel, negative numbers are shown as n- (ex: 100-)which Excel does not recognize as a negative number. How can these numbers (n-) be changed to -n? If you numbers were in A1, in B1 =-LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-1) then drag fill down the column. A Macro Sub Cnvrt() Dim cell As Range, sVal As String For Each cell In Selection.SpecialCells( _ xlConstants, xlTextValues) sVal = Trim(cell.Value) If Right(sVal, 1) = "-" Then cell.NumberFormat = "General" cell.Value = CDbl(sVal) End If Next End Sub -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy Rick <an...