Record Count 10-02-07

Experts,

I'm trying to dynamically stored the record count from a subform into
a field on my form.  Now I have to look at the record count on the
subform and manually entered the count into a field on form.  There
must be a better way.

Please help!

0
Shiller

In the Control Source property of  a text box on the main form:
=[SubFormControlName].[Form].[recordset].[RecordCount]

Where SubFormControlName is the name of the subform control, Not the name of
the form that is the Source Object of the subform control.
--
Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP

On Oct 2, 2:31 pm, Klatuu <Kla...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> In the Control Source property of  a text box on the main form:
> =[SubFormControlName].[Form].[recordset].[RecordCount]
>
> Where SubFormControlName is the name of the subform control, Not the name of
> the form that is the Source Object of the subform control.
> --
> Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP
>
> "Shiller" wrote:
> > Experts,
>
> > I'm trying to dynamically stored the record count from a subform into
> > a field on my form.  Now I have to look at the record count on the
> > subform and manually entered the count into a field on form.  There
> > must be a better way.
>
> > Please help!

Hello Dave,

I tried that and I keep getting the following error message: #Name?

Thanks,

0
Shiller
10/2/2007 7:37:45 PM
Okay there is a naming problem.  I know this works, I tested it before I
posted it.
Do you understand the difference between a subform control and form that is
the Source Object of the subform control?
That is the important part.
What you see in the subform control is the form being used as a subform.
It's name is not important.  You have to use the name of the control.

--

On Oct 2, 3:46 pm, Klatuu <Kla...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Okay there is a naming problem.  I know this works, I tested it before I
> posted it.
> Do you understand the difference between a subform control and form that is
> the Source Object of the subform control?
> That is the important part.
> What you see in the subform control is the form being used as a subform.
> It's name is not important.  You have to use the name of the control.
>
> --
> Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP
>
> "Shiller" wrote:
> > On Oct 2, 2:31 pm, Klatuu <Kla...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > > In the Control Source property of  a text box on the main form:
> > > =[SubFormControlName].[Form].[recordset].[RecordCount]
>
> > > Where SubFormControlName is the name of the subform control, Not the name of
> > > the form that is the Source Object of the subform control.
> > > --
> > > Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP

> > Hello Dave,
>
> > I tried that and I keep getting the following error message: #Name?
>
> > Thanks,

Dave,

it works like a charm, now the record count is displayed on my form.

Thanks,

0
Shiller
10/3/2007 12:36:16 PM
Crashes my DB every time I try to open the form this is on.

"Klatuu" wrote:

> In the Control Source property of  a text box on the main form:
> =[SubFormControlName].[Form].[recordset].[RecordCount]
>
> Where SubFormControlName is the name of the subform control, Not the name of
> the form that is the Source Object of the subform control.
> --
> Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP
>

> "Shiller" wrote:
>
> > Experts,
> >
> > I'm trying to dynamically stored the record count from a subform into
> > a field on my form.  Now I have to look at the record count on the
> > subform and manually entered the count into a field on form.  There
> > must be a better way.
> >
> > Please help!

How do I add a record counter to my form
I would like to add my own record counter, like "Record # of #", to my form. How can I do this? Private Sub Form_Load() DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNext DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acFirst End Sub Private Sub Form_Current() Me.Caption = "Record " & CurrentRecord & " Of " & RecordsetClone.RecordCount & " Records" End Sub This code places the info in the form's title area. To place it in a Label, substitute Me.LableName.Caption for Me.Caption. To place it in a TextBox, substitute Me.TextBoxName.Va...

Excel to store history information and display a count of reschedules
Hi, I currently copy data from a system into an excel spreadsheet on a weekly basis, used to store a history of implementation records. For each record I store a unique ID, target date, owner, description, category, approval status and a result. Each week I create a new worksheet/tab with the date for the name. Each implemenation will take about 3 weeks and therefore the data will be repeated in about 3 worksheets, albeit with slight changes to approval status, target date or descriptions. What I want to do is to calculate, for each record (implementation), the amount of times the target dat...

Conditional Formatting 11-07-07
Is it possible to apply conditional formatting if the field contains a certain word along with any other text? I want to highlight a record if a certain field contains the word "report." Yes, it is possible. Instead of conditional formatting of Field Value is = "Report Due" Try EXPRESSION is [SomeField] Like "*Report*" -- John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007 Center for Health Program Development and Management University of Maryland Baltimore County .. "amandap83" <amandap83@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

Record recording
I need help in creating an automatic record form a file to an individual record. Example: You would make a work order for three different employees the first employees work order enter name, date, location, time, cost, and then this information would automatically be recorded to a permanent work sheet record specific to that employee. I have tried to manipulate VLOOKUP for this but to no avail. Any clue or help would be greatly appreciated. -- cdixon ------------------------------------------------------------------------ cdixon's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=ge...

Help with sql which counts records
Could someone help me to extend this sql to include: 1. a count of txtsole where the field is a YES/NO field and I want a count of where the answer is YES 2. a count of txtmulti where the field is a YES/NO field and I want a count of where the answer is YES 3. a count of txtsole where the field is a YES/NO field and I want a count of where the answer is YES 4. a count of txtnbrparts where the field is a number field and I want a count of where the answer greater than 1 I think I need to extend the WHERE statement? SELECT tblhvdealspt1.txtablhybrid, Count(*) AS totals, tblhvdealspt...

Selecting specific records
Is it possible to create a form with a "select" field (yes/no box), to select several items (say employees) and then output this information to a report with only the fields selected? -- Lori A. Pong How about multi-select list box? HTH -- -Larry- -- "Lori" <lpong@sternconstruction.com> wrote in message news:CAE5922D-92E5-4A01-83B2-6484024725C5@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to create a form with a "select" field (yes/no box), to select > several items (say employees) and then output this information to a report > with only the fields sele...

EXCEL 04-16-10
I have two different workbook with different data in each one except for the social security that might be in both workbook. I want to order excel that whenever they find in the workbook 2 any social security that exist in workbook 1 they trnslate the data to the workbook 1. VLOOKUP or INDEX/MATCH. Write the Formula in Book2 and then Cut and move to Book1. http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/excel-vlookup-formula.htm http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/left-lookup.htm -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Giselle" <Giselle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Multiple records in table to display single records
My table has 3 columns, A is account numbers, B is first name, C is last name. If an account has 2 owners, the account number is listed twice in C1, like this: A B C 123 Hank Jones 123 Ann Jones 231 Mike Smith 321 Jim John I want to query this table to display the names side by side if there is more than one owner, so that my data appears like this: A B C D E 123 Hal Jones Ann Jones 231 Tim Smith 321 Jim John Help please! Sorry, got the names mixed up! "Hurrikane4" wrote: > My table has 3 columns, A is account numb...

How do I trigger an event on opening a record
I have an Access 2003 form where I would like to take an action (e.g. via an event procedure or macro) whwnever the user opens a record for editing (e.g. via the arrowed record selector buttons). Effectively what I want is something like an On Enter or On Open control but relating to a whole record. It seems that such a control is only available for (e.g.) a text box, which relates to a single field in a record. I thought there would be something in the Detail section of the form as I thought that section related to whole records (?) but there isn't such a control there. Any idea...

Object Source / Record Source
Hello I have created a database regarding the School System. I have created three forms (one form and two subforms) one main form is (Students) where i enter student's name, father's name, phone, address etc. now on the main Student form i want to place a subform. But the thing i want to know is: I want to make two buttons on my main form (Fees) and (Progress).. because i have two subforms (sbffees and sbfprogress) now the record source of subformbox should be controled with these two buttons. when i click the ( Fee) button the Source Object should be (sbf-fee) and when i c...

CRM Custom Reports 12-10-07
Does anyone have familiarity with using a CRM report generator that will populate the new custom report as a link inside the CRM report list? I am not talking about the MS SNAP excell reporting tool...attractive, but it is not web enabled like CRM is "out of the box". If so, point me in the right direction. Thanks. you can create your reports in SRS - Visual Studio and upload easily without any configuration. -- Regards, MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "Wilfred B...

Outlook client 'View in CRM' does not open the record
My 'View in CRM' button is not opening the CRM record. Pop-up blocker is turned off. Any other ideas? Thank you very much! Suzy ...

Fresh OS and Office 07
I am upgrading my Windows Vista Home Premium to Windows 7 Professional via one of Microsoft's Student Licencing sites, and unfortunately this means I will have to do a fresh install instead of an "upgrade." I have Office 07 currently installed on this computer, and on my desktop (which is getting an upgrade to 7 as well, though not a fresh install :]) and unless I am mistaken, I have no remaining installations on my Office 07 disc. Will I be able to reinstall Office 07 after this fresh install? Can I back it up on my external hard drive to preserve it? Or am I SOL? ...

Record Count 10-02-07
Experts, I'm trying to dynamically stored the record count from a subform into a field on my form. Now I have to look at the record count on the subform and manually entered the count into a field on form. There must be a better way. Please help! In the Control Source property of a text box on the main form: =[SubFormControlName].[Form].[recordset].[RecordCount] Where SubFormControlName is the name of the subform control, Not the name of the form that is the Source Object of the subform control. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Shiller" wrote: > Experts, >...

burning a CD 01-07-10
I have Windows XP Home Edition and im trying to use my Windows Media Player to burn one of my play lists onto CD however sum of the songs have been ripped from CDs and others have been downloaded and they're MP3 types and it says can not synchronize?? How am i able to get those songs onto my audio CD? Thanks in advance :D What's the exact text of the error... ? That seems like a strange response from the player, so I'm wondering what the specific text is. When you click Web Help on the error dialog, what URL does it take you to? -- Speaking for myself only...

MCI recording silence, but Sound Recorder records OK.
Hello everybody, This code using MCI is working fine in many PCs, but one (in which only a long silence is recorded): // // OPEN // sMsg.Format("open new type waveaudio alias %s", m_sWavName); mciError = mciSendString(sMsg, lpszReturnString, 256, NULL); (...) sMsg.Format("status %s mode wait", m_sWavName); mciError = mciSendString(sMsg, lpszReturnString, 256, NULL); (...) sMsg.Format("set %s format tag PCM", m_sWavName); mciError = mciSendString(sMsg, lpszReturnString, 256, NULL); (...) sMsg.Format("set %s channels 1", m_sWavName); mciE...

histogram is counting input data wrong
The histogram analysis is automatically grouping fish lengths into the next larger bin-class (For example: 20 is considered part of the 20-bin; 21 and 24 are included in the 30 bin). From what I understand it is supposed to group into the bin of equal or greater size, up to the next bin-class. Ex. Fish Lengths (20 cm, 21, 24, 30, 32, 40) Bin is (20, 30, 40, 50) What it is doing: Frequencies (20 is 1; 30 is 3; 40 is 2, and 50 is 0) What it should be doing: Freqs (20 is 3; 30 is 2; 40 is 1; and 50 is 0) Please help! Excel is doing its job correctly. It counts equa...

prueba 05-28-07
probar si funciona begin 666 p.gif M1TE&.#EAU0`.`)$``/___P``_P`````*(R'Y! $`````+ ````#5``X```+_ MA(^IR^T/HYRTVHNAR+P?L7EB%P1&V: C!;9?UX:KA@WV;=QXK@^\7BFI`*JA MPG@T'9 8&2#DM#BCLP558E-D>=S$UC)4,A?CI?)TYDP-LMB+K;BR77/0T_ZA MUZ/N._YYY^4C>+#U53@8E&:&9E8DMDB4%B;$^&BT!A@'QXD@EP#UIIGYJ6DZ M>G78!6"8B'@Q]MAX(EF;A"!K*X22>QJZ"7?5]N?9V=8YZG#\)M<SZ(P(Q-HS M$0LYZQB)MIO;JWL6L^SWMR$,FD<G#A6.;B6:O* Z/?]*V-#'>/N=L,M@=%G) MUK: IY@5"^;N("E1O^X!\X4,@;Q6]22ZJJ:MVR)>:1DG7>/G,>$YB.]&<EIH M#!F5E>\:VK-8;^)%C...

Control the number of records shown in a report/subreport.
I've posted this question before and when I follow the advice, I keep getting a circular reference error. So I'm hoping that if I post some more info, I may get insight as to what is going wrong. I have a report (BartS1report) it uses a query (BartS1Report). This report as a subreport (BartS1Sub2) that uses the query (BartS1). The report lists the customer name, address, and systems serviced. The subreport lists the systems serviced. The reports are connected through the Master/Child links Customer ID and the ServiceAddress. When there are more than 20 systems per ...

New Record
I have a form/subform. I have an event that opens a popup. I select from a list on the popup that copies the value onto a txtbox on the Main form and the popup then automatically closes. In the same code I place the focus in the subform to begin adding data to a new record. The problem I 'm having is that when the focus is set in the sub, there are two lines. The top line, which is the one I'm entering data in, does not automatically put the autonumber in for the ID that links the tables, but the record below it does, which is one that I'm not using. When I fill in the...

What determines the order in which records are viewed
Hi all What determines the order in which records are viewed in a table If I import data or create a new table from a query regards, Garry ...

Database Deleting Record Problem
Just launched a new database. Using an Autonumber field to generate document numbers (sequence is not important - just need a unique identifier). There are a number of fields that are required fields based on an option group selection. Problem; If all required fields (they are required fields programmatically) are not completed and you attempt to exit the form, a message box appears asking " Do you want to save changes". If you say "Yes" the form closes, does not save, and the record is deleted - but users are not aware of this deletion - and they think the recor...

Recording last modification of records
I have found out how to record the date and time of the last modification to a record, which is great. Can I also record the user that made the changes? If so,how? Something like this can give you the network login name. http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0008.htm -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. "splitz" wrote: > I have found out how to record the date and time of the last modification to > a record, which is great. Can I also record the user that made the changes? > If so,how? ...

logitech z-10 speaker problem
after the latest windows upgrades were installed (windows 7, 32 bit.), my computer no longer recognizes the speakers which are connected to the computer via usb. I tried a system restore but that did not help.....does any one have this problem...any ideas are appreciated.. ...

Counting coloured cells?
I'd like to know how we can count coloured cells? i.e If cells A1 C1 E1 F1 and G1 are coloured, I’d like to know how I can see the total coloured cells in H1? I suppose it’s a little bit more complicated than it looks. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. See your other post. No need to ask again. -- David Biddulph "Atomic" <Atomic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0D94F51D-E536-4342-BFB5-FF1DD2D1BE28@microsoft.com... > I'd like to know how we can count coloured cells? > > i.e > > If cells A1 C1 E1 F1 and G...