Read XML file as an Access table?

Is there any way to process an XML file as an Access table or does the XML
have to be imported to a table first?
I did some experiments and XML processing appears to be extremely slow; is
there any way to speed it up?

Thanks.

Import data from Access to Excel containing VB code
Hi! I am trying to import data from an Access database to an Excel spreadsheet. I have imported several queries from Access into Excel already. However the last piece of data that I am wanting to import into Excel has VB code in the query doing a calculation automatically. So when I go to Excel to import that piece of data, those queries that contain the VB code don't even show up as import-able. Is there a way to import these queries from access into my excel worksheet? I am using Access 2003 and running on an XP OS. Is it possible to do it in Excel 2007 if not available in Excel 2003? I...

Inserting text from a .txt file
I'm trying really hard to jump on the bandwagon and migrate from Outlook Express to Outlook, but the more I try, the more frustrated I get. Anyway, here is my question: How do I insert the text from a text file into my e-mail document. I am using the rtf editor. thank you, ~alan copy/paste? "~~Alan~~" <alan.shepro_NOSPAM@verizon.net> wrote in message news:%23%23AwZrIKEHA.1264@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I'm trying really hard to jump on the bandwagon and migrate from Outlook > Express to Outlook, but the more I try, the more frustrated I get. > > Anywa...

Reading .wks file

xml config file...
hello, I ve a Windowsapplication with a configuration file app.config... (it's in xml) code app.config: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <configuration> <configSections> <section name = "MyNameValueSection" type="System.Configuration.NameValueSectionHandler" /> </configSections> <MyNameValueSection> <add key="MyKey" value="MyValue" /> </MyNameValueSection> <appSettings> <add key="test" value="MeinInhalt" /> </appSettings> </configurati...

Suppressing DTD look-up via web access when loading XmlDocument
Hi In one of our test suites we load an xml document (it's actually .svg). I'm trying to find some way of stopping the eventual call to HttpWebRequest.GetResponse which I presume it's doing when going to get the DTD at "http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-SVG-20010904/DTD/svg10.dtd". The result is a time-out because this machine is isolated from the database, the web, everything really :-) I tried to pass XmlDocument a non-validating reader e.g. XmlTextReader but the web request was still attempted. I also set its XmlResolver to null but to no avail. Would anyone be able to ...

Dialup user access to exchange server
We have a Exchange 2003 server which is accessed by corporate user in exchange mode (RPC) in the LAN. Some of these users need to access the server remotely by dialup to the corporate RAS server using the smart client (MS Outlook 2003 - Exchnage mode). There is a Firewall sit in between the RAS and the exchange server. RAS is in a DMZ network and the Exchange is in the trusted network. What are the ports required to be open between the RAS and the Exchange server in order to access the exchange server in a secure manner. Please advice In news:11F7B6FB-E518-4211-8085-920FED4C712D@micros...

Import txt file into excel with 281,344 rows
Hi, I've got a very large txt file that I need to import into excel. It has 288,344 rows. Is there a way I can do this? The fields on my txt file are separated by a pipe "|" Thanks in advance. If you're using xl2007, then that data will fit. Open the .txt file and choose delimited by | If you're using xl2003 and below, you could use your favorite text editor to make several smaller .txt files (65536 rows or smaller) and import each into separate worksheets. JulieM39 wrote: > > Hi, I've got a very large txt file that I need to impo...

Why do Excel and Access freeze on the splash page?
I have just installed Office Pro 2003, removing all previous versions, and I can load Word, but not Excel, Access or Powerpoint. I have tried running virus software (up to date McAfee), re-installing and re-booting but nothing is working. I had the same problem in Office 2000 as well with Excel. Help please. Thanks, Chris. ...

error attaching file to email
Getting the error: File Upload Failure There was a problem while attempting to upload the requested file. Check the path and try again. The file is a pdf, about 74 KB. Any ideas?? ...

Table and query question
I would like to create a table that will relate an account to its parent(s). 1 account can have multiple parents, and 1 parent can have multiple accounts. And, a parent can have a master parent. For ex: Account 1 can have Parent 1. Account 2 can have Parent 1 and Parent 2. Parent 1 can have Parent 2. And, the queries that I will perform will request these data: 1. give me all parents of Account 1. The query should return Parent 1 and Parent 2 (because Parent 2 is the parent of Parent 1) 2. give me all parents of Account 2. The query should return Parent 1 and Parent 2 3. give...

path of .pst file
Hello everyone, I want to develop a stand alone application to send and recieve mails through MS Outlook.how can i retrieve the path of .pst file from .net application. actually i am thinking of reading the pst file of MS Outlook. is it possible? Thanks in Advance jyoti The pst file is stored in the profile path of the MSOUTLOK Since the path of the pst can be varied by the user, as can its name, ie it neednt be in the install default path, your app would first have to search for the pst, then you would have to figure out if it/which was the current pst. There are alleged to be third ...

Weird files
Just noticed I've got a ton of weird files with names like 2BE48300. The normal files seem to be ok. Any idea what might be producing all these extra files? -- For a list of all the ways technology has failed to improve the quality of life, please press three. ....Alice Kahn Not sure. Perhaps cleaning up your hard drive will help. http://www.officearticles.com/misc/how_to_clean_up_your_hard_drive.htm Are they Excel files? **************************** Hope it helps! Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com **************************** "Steve" <teu@qprc.inv> wrote in message...

File won't open as read only

"File access denied" to PST file
I have gone from Windows 2000 running Outlook 2000 to Windows XP Pro running Outlook 2003. When I try opening my saved .pst file in the new Outlook I get a message saying "File access denied. You do not have permission required to access to file mailbox.pst" I am logged on as Administrator, as I was on the old install. How do I open my saved mailbox.pst or archive.pst? TIA How did you try opening it? is this a local .pst file? If it is not on your C: drive, is it marked Read-Only? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion int...

How to calculate compound interest given table of dates/interest rate
Hi, There must be a standard way of doing this... I have a table of bank base rates and the day on which they came into effect - about 50 entries in two columns (date/rate%). I want to calculate the compound interest on one of my customer's outstanding invoices from the due date of the invoice. My knowledge of Excel is basic, but even I understand there must be a standard way of doing this ;-) The interest rate table goes back several years, as does the outstanding amount. Any help would be gratefully received. Thanks -- Mike As you can tell by the dearth of replies, this is not ...

Delete oldest file first
All, I am looking for some code that deletes the oldest files first in a directory. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance. "karibbean" <sharp_mind@REMOVE.this.email.msn.dotcom> wrote in message news:uJZArpxvFHA.2132@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > I am looking for some code that deletes the oldest files first in a > directory. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance. See FindFirstFile, FindNextFile, FindClose, DeleteFile -- With best wishes, Igor Tandetnik With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is ...

Binding ASP.NET Menu to XML
I have created a XmlDocument that contains the exact layout that siteMap uses, and then I bind my Menu object to it: Dim xml As XmlDocument xml = DirectCast(Session("MenuData"), XmlDocument) Dim xmlDS As New XmlDataSource() xmlDS.Data = xml.OuterXml MainMenu.DataSource = xmlDS Dim mb As New MenuItemBinding() mb.DataMember = "SiteMapNode" mb.TextField = "Title" mb.NavigateUrlField = "url" MainMenu.DataBindings.Add(mb) MainMenu.DataBind() The problem is when it dis...

scrambled excel file
Hi AGAIN. I'm trying to open a file that was deleted and later retrieved through GetData Back. It has an .xls extension, but when I try to open it, it's just symbols. Is there some way I can retrieve the proper info. from that file? Do I have to save it as something else? I really need this file back - l mean life & death!! I will attach the file to see if someone can figure this out for me. Thanks again for your help. Your advice last time was great. Sandy Attachment filename: wolf_info liz.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.ph...

Make excel 2003 default to open files
I have Excel 2003 running alongside 2007. Double clicking an excel file causes it to open in 2007; how do I force 2003 to open the files instead? Sandy You most likely have to reset your file association from 2007 to 2003. Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar 1) Start>Run "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)>OK. 2) Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)>OK. See the space between exe and /regserver You might have to designate a full path to excel.exe for Office 2003 In that case Start>Run "C:\your path to\office11\excel.exe" ...

Read mail arn't marked as read anymore

reading confirmation

Accessing data from Excel spreadsheet
Hello World, Does anyone know if there is a relatively easy way to read fields in an Excel spreadsheet from VC++? Thanks, Stephanie You can always save the data in .csv form and read it in after parsing. Another more elegant approach would be to use automation and use excel's object model to access the data. Here is good starting point for automation: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q178781/ --- Ajay Stephanie Doherty wrote: > Hello World, > > Does anyone know if there is a relatively easy way to read fields in an > Excel spreadsheet from VC++? > > Thanks, > S...

Cannot delete xml file - file based event scheduling
Hi, I have a report scheduled with File based event scheduling in CR XI Server version 11.5. The report is created with XML file as its datasource. The report will be triggered if the event of xml file is created in the source directory. As per the schedule, it will look for the event to occur every 1 minute. Since I need to enerate this report everytime the file comes into the directory, I have to delete the file after he report is generated, so that, next time the file comes in, the report will be generated again. After the report is run for the first time successfuly as the event occurs...