Read only Form when opened

Hi

In need to be able to open a form read only until I select a record from a
combo box

I want to keep from entering the information in the first record that comes
up when I open the form

Thanks
0
Gary

That sounds like it would work

I Estimate for a commercial wood working firm

I use Access to track my jobs and generate Bids

For example I might bid a hotel and need to exclude 300 wood doors and
frames.

So that would go into me exclusion field

I need to make sure that the exclusion is attached to the right job

This all works on a form with a sub form, the main form is information
about the job being bid, Name address and so on the sub form is where the
information is entered about the bid.

If I were to put the exclusion in with the wrong job thin I would be in
major trouble

If it is on the plans and you don�t exclude it then you have to provide it

I wouldn�t want to have to provide 300 doors and frames that I didn�t have
money in the bed for.

All that to say I need to make sure everything about the bid is with the
right job.

Could I set the buttons where every time I change to a new record on the
main form that I would have to reactivate the form before I enter data

Any other ideas would be helpful

Thanks for you help

0
Gary
7/31/2007 3:12:47 PM
Yes.  You can use the Form Current event.  Set the properties I listed
previously to False.  Then the command button can turn them back on.

    With Me
        .AllowAdditions = False
        .AllowDeletions = False
        .AllowEdits = False
    End With

For the button change False to true
--
Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP

=?Utf-8?B?S2xhdHV1?= <Klatuu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> Yes.  You can use the Form Current event.  Set the properties I listed
> previously to False.  Then the command button can turn them back on.
>
>     With Me
>         .AllowAdditions = False
>         .AllowDeletions = False
>         .AllowEdits = False
>     End With
>
> For the button change False to true

Will this work on a form with a sub form?
Or will it only affect the main form and not the sub form?

0
Gary
7/31/2007 5:59:15 PM
It works only on the main form.  If you need to do the subform also, add the
code it.

    With Me
        .AllowAdditions = False
        .AllowDeletions = False
        .AllowEdits = False
        With !MySubformControlName.Form
            .AllowAdditions = False
            .AllowDeletions = False
            .AllowEdits = False
        End With
    End With

--

"Gary." wrote:

> =?Utf-8?B?S2xhdHV1?= <Klatuu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>
> > Yes.  You can use the Form Current event.  Set the properties I listed
> > previously to False.  Then the command button can turn them back on.
> >
> >     With Me
> >         .AllowAdditions = False
> >         .AllowDeletions = False
> >         .AllowEdits = False
> >     End With
> >
> > For the button change False to true
>

> Will this work on a form with a sub form?
> Or will it only affect the main form and not the sub form?

Adding PowerPoint slide to Access Form
How do I add an interactive PowerPoint slide to an Access Form (this will be on my switchboard)? I don't believe it's possible. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://www.AccessMVP.com/djsteele (no e-mails, please!) "Natasha" <Natasha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA6EEA66-68ED-46F1-ABE9-1B5F83EEDEF6@microsoft.com... > How do I add an interactive PowerPoint slide to an Access Form (this will > be > on my switchboard)? Probably not do-able, but here's a good site for things pertaining to PowerPoint: htt...

Filling in a form
I have a form that I fill out mailing purposes. I have a difficult time filling out by hand. Is there a way that I can use my computer to do this? I have XP, Home Edition. I have printer and a scanner. I've been told it can be done. -- thanks chiefd This forum is for Microsoft Great Plains (an accounting system); I recommend you post your question on the Microsoft forum; see below for link. http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx Good luck, rc "chiefd" wrote: > I have a form that I fill out mailing purposes. I have a difficult time &...

Reading .wks file

Use custom task form in Outlook 2003 when creating task in ON 2007
I have a custom task form in Outlook 2003 that I use for all of my task-related info. I rely heavily on this form, and would like to have it be the form that isused when ON creates a task (using any of the Outlook Task tags). Is it possible to do this? -- Bobby C Hi Bobby, You might get better help if you posted this in the Outlook Forum since this is an Access Forum. Happy New Year! Patrick Wood "Bobby C" wrote: > I have a custom task form in Outlook 2003 that I use for all of my > task-related info. I rely heavily on this form, and would like to have it be > ...

How to send a form to my email address
I am trying to create a form in my website which I would like the page of content send to my email address. I use "Insert"-"Form Control" to build a page of the content. I added the "Submit" button to send the form content to my email address. However, when I published the website, and click the submit button, there are error message for it as: "The page you tried to access does not exist on this server. This page may not exist due to the following reasons: 1. You are the owner of this web site and you have not uploaded (or incorrectly uploaded)...

Problems opening a database
Hi all I'm trying to open a database that I created on another computer but when I try to open the database I get the following error. SOURCE FILE READ ERROR - BLOCK PADDEDSOURCE FILE READ ERROR - BLOCK PADDEDSOURCE FILE READ ERROR - BLOCK PADDED Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Simon ...

Cannot open port 25 in Exhange 2007
I keep on getting 'stealth' when I scan port 25 from the internet. My router forwards 25 correctly to the exchange server, and no other firewall is present. The receive connector of Exchange is on port 25, and I tried different kinds of authentication but without success, port keeps invisible. I have been struggling a day with this, please help! Thanks Can you telnet to the server on port 25 from the lan? Telnet localservername 25? who is your ISP? Do you have a business account with them? Josh "Prem" <premmetje@zonnet.nl> wrote in message news:1166068608.579454...

Form to report
I have a form with a listbox and 2 graphs. When an item is selected on the listbox, the chart displays the appropriate informatiom. But when the "preview report" button is selcted at the bottom, the form displays graphs for ALL items in the listbox...not the one selected. I am missing passing something to the report but I don't know what. Here is the code behind the button: Private Sub Command20_Click() Dim stDocName As String stDocName = "rptTrend_HF" DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acPreview End Sub -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com ht...

data entry on form
i have a form that is linked to a table. all i do is enter data from the form. i converted the database from 2000 to 2003 because i want to use with runtime. for some reason the form doesnt open up in data entry mode. i can scroll through records etc but the * is not available to use to create a new record. it worked no problem before now its not. everything is checked for the properties for data entry. when i use the database with runtime, the total form is blank. thats another story. does anyone have any ideas what is happening. thanks On Tue, 8 May 2007 19:38:37 -0400, &...

File won't open as read only

Make excel 2003 default to open files
I have Excel 2003 running alongside 2007. Double clicking an excel file causes it to open in 2007; how do I force 2003 to open the files instead? Sandy You most likely have to reset your file association from 2007 to 2003. Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar 1) Start>Run "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)>OK. 2) Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)>OK. See the space between exe and /regserver You might have to designate a full path to excel.exe for Office 2003 In that case Start>Run "C:\your path to\office11\excel.exe" ...

Read mail arn't marked as read anymore

reading confirmation

Workbook automatically unhiding rows upon opening
We have a shared workbook that our admin staff updates, and our sales staff accesses when on the road. Recently, some of the admin's computers, and all of the sales staff's laptops have begun unhiding all of the rows in this workbook when they open it. For others, the hidden rows stay hidden. I've been tasked with making sure the rows stay hidden upon opening, but I cannot figure out why this is happening. Help? It could be the two groups are actually accessing two different similarly named files.....could be same name in two different directories....problem is common in...

Outlook 2003 Custom Form
OK... I give up. How do I get the wheel mouse to activate and listen in a custom form for outlook 2003? The scroll bar is tedious to use, especially when you're used to having the scroll on the mouse. ...

The memory could not be "read".

Forms based authentication.
Im running Exchange2003 enterprise on a W2K3 server. I understand that with forms based authentication, the OWA login page requires the user to either login with their full email address and password, or the domain\username and password. Our users can successfully login with the domain\username format but cannot login with their email address and password. Have i misunderstood the possible logon formats which can be used or is there something I haven't configured correctly? I'm constantly getting calls to remind people of the domain name of the local network and it would be much...

how can i copy a document to a CD without making it read only?
HOW CAN I COPY A DOCUMENT TO A CD WITHOUT MAKING IN READ ONLY? You can't. It is not the file, but the media, that is read only. Even CD-RW media does not allow editing a file on the CD. Copy te file from CD to HD, mak edits and if a CD-RW you should be able to burn the edited file back to the CD. hth "DON" wrote: > HOW CAN I COPY A DOCUMENT TO A CD WITHOUT MAKING IN READ ONLY? ...

Unable to Read Japanese Email
I correspond with several Japanese users and can read emails from some of them without a problem, but emails from others are nothing but a series of ?????. In one case, I can read one email but not another from the same sender. Changing the Encoding doesn't help. Sending emails in Japanese to them without a problem...they can read it fine. Would appreciate any suggestions/solutions as I'm stumped. I'm using Outlook 2003 on a Windows XP Home operating system. Japanese language support is installed. ...

Can't open XLS file
When I double-click on the XLS file, empty XLS will open and following message is displayed: “Windows cannot find ‘document name’. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again…” The only way to open my files is to 'drag and drop' them into an already open XLS. Thanks for any advice I bet you could open excel and do File|open to open those workbooks, too. Sometimes one of these works: Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it) --- or --- Close Excel and Windows Start Button|Run excel /unregserver then Windows Start Button|Run excel /regse...

Transferring read e-mail to another folder
Hello I was wondering whether there was a way in which I could automatically transfer my e-mail that has been read into another folder, such as "Old e-mail" or something like that? Thanks ...

Printout Method
In building a form to allow users to print a "blank form" I've constructed as an Access Report, I'd like the user to be able to select the number of copies to print. It looks like the PrintOut Method would be a good choice for this, but I'm not smart enough to know quite how to get the "Copies" argument to get its input from the textbox on my form, where the user will enter the number of copies they'd like to print. Suggestions? -- Thanks, Croy Does the report have a record source? -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP If I have helped you, please help...

When opening a spreadsheet all of my spreadsheets opens
How can I stop all of my spreadsheets from opening when I open only one. This happens with any spreadsheet that I open. I've been just right clicking and closing the ones that I did not need. Do anyone have an answer for this The only time that happened to me was years ago I saved a number of spreadsheets as a group they were opened as a group each time until I changed that I have nto done that in so long Im not sure I can on the newer updated spreadsheets. Are they linked somehow? >-----Original Message----- >How can I stop all of my spreadsheets from opening when I >...