Read Exchange Data

All,

   My client has asked me to give his users the ability to send and read
emails from within their Access 2002 application instead of having to go out
to Outlook.

   Currently, the environment is has follows:
        1 - SBS2003 (with MS Exchange running)
        2- Separate terminal server running the Access application
                - the application is divided into a front/back end database
                - each user has their own frontend database
        3 - Normally, the user will create a VPN connection to the server
and then start
              their Terminal Server session to run their Access application
        4 - For regular email, the user normally creates a VPN connection to
the server
             and then they run Outlook from their local desktop.

    What I'm not sure of, in the Access application, should I be connecting
to or importing data directly from the Exchange Database for the specific
user running the application or should I use a reference to Outlook in my
VBA code and basically program through the Outlook model? Forgive me for not
being for detailed in what I think my options are as this is the first time
I am about to code something like this.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Thomas Kroljic

0
Thomas

Cannot send e-mail to a newly created Public Folder via Exchange 5
I have created a public folder to receive Internet mail. All incoming mails go through an Exchange 5.5 as SMTP gateway. The test mails from an external mailbox to the public folder failed with NDR 5.1.1 user unknown. It also failed if the mail is generated from a Exchange 5.5 mailbox. However, if the mail is generated by a Exchange 2003 mailbox or from outside directly to Exchange 2003 server, it works fine. Can anyone please help? Thanks Richard Poon Check your ADC replication. Nue "Richard Poon" <RichardPoon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:92224...

Image missing in password protected read-only doc
I created a Word 2007 .docm file using "General Options" to require a password to open the document. This was created using Office 2007 Windows XP Pro SP3 32bit. I subsequently installed Windows 7 on this machine, and re-installed Office 2007. When I open this document in Word, if I select "read-only", in place of the image (there is only one) is and error message with a red x in the corner: "The image cannot be displayed. Your computer may not have enough memory to open the image, or the image may have been corrupted. Restart your computer, and then ope...

Sorting data and searching
I have an Excel Spreadsheet in which one sheet that I created four columns that contains the following: Table Name, Tabel Description, Table Information, Table Type Once I have enterred the table information, I highlighted the range of information that I enterred and right-click and chose sort A-Z. Everytime that I do this it is sorted by Table Name. Here are my questions: -How can I be sure that when I enter a new row that the information would be sorted by the table name and How do I automate this (Can it be done in a simple way) -How can I search for a table name?...

Grouping data in Excel
Hello I have a large org chart in Excel which was produced by someone else (so I don't know how they contructed it). I have added some new data to it, but I didn't use the drawing tool, I just typed into and merged/formatted the cells as usual. I need to move this chart across to word, but it is too large to just cut and paste. I am fine with grouping the chart and pasting it 'as special' into Word, but when I try and copy the chart across, my updates are left behind. Any ideas about how I can re-group these updates into the move? I have tried the re-group function ...

Alphabetize in a Data Merge
I am in the process of putting together an address label document in Word (Office 2004 for Mac) using my Entourage Address book. When I do the merge, the records do not come up in alphabetical order. Going to Office Help I searched "alphabetize" and found the following: 1. Set up a data merge. 2. If you don't see the Data Merge Manager, click anywhere in the main document, and then, on the Tools menu, click Data Merge Manager. 3. Click Query Options under Merge, and then click the Sort Records tab. 4. Click at least one data field, and then select a sort order. OK. Only problem...

Chart data series background color
How do I change the background color for the data series? I want a bar chart to display the bars with a blue color. When a number in the data series is negative, I want the bar representing the negative number to be red. On the Format Data Series window on the Patterns tab, I have checked the box that says "Invert if negative." Now when negative, the bar color is white. I can't find where to set the background color to red. You can select a different background colour to format the column. There will be a pattern showing in the column, but this may be an acceptable opti...

Data from 1 sheet to another sheet in same worksheet but then sorted....
I'm importing data from other worksheets with the database query function, this does carry a possibility to sort but due to specific matters I can't use the sorting function. My idea is now to have the data thus important automatically listen on another sheet in the same worksheet but on another sheet but this time sorted according to certain criteria. I'm sure this is easy with lists etc and filters, but what I'm looking for is something simple where even I can work with. Your suggestions are very welcome, thanks, martin ...

Success!! Money Plus data imported into M2002
Just finished exporting my Money Plus data and importing it back into Money 2002. All account balances and portfolio numbers match to the penny in both the Plus and M2002 files and all reports I tested produce the exact same results with both files. I also scanned all the account registers and everything looks perfect. The import was a success. Since M2002 has every material feature of Money Plus (except Nuke the Bills) and it cannot be expired by MSFT, I can continue to use it forever. M2002 automatically imports OFX files which is what I use to download my transaction data from all bank...

how to open a .pst file(data file in outlook) programmatically?
I need to open a pst file to get the calendar data inside, I need c++ code, of course , vba code is welcome, thanks for any help. You will find documentation of the Outlook Automation interface in a file with a name like VBAOL11.CHM. (The "11" represents the 2003 version of Office. Office XP is "10", Office 2000 is "9", etc. All this documentation is written with VBA in mind, but it is easily adaptable to C++. You'll start with the Application object, get the "MAPI" Namespace, and from it get the default folder for olFolderCalendar. "Ro...

How to save and restore all data
Hi ! I'm using MS Access 2003 and Windows XP On the one hand, there are regular users of our db. They only change the data in the tables. They don't change forms, queries, reports or other things. Once in a while I have to make a change to a form, a query or other non-table-data things. But in the meantime, the regular users may keep changing data in the tables. I would like to get the latest data into my new db version. Is there a way of copying just the tables to the new db version ? Is there a way of copying just the table data to the new db version ? Any helpful suggestions o...

Exchange 2003 Upgrade and AD Users and Computers Exchange Advanced Tab
In the previous message (Gary D) stated a similar question. I noticed that after I installed Exchange 2003 Ent. to upgrade my Exchange 2003 Std. that I have the "Outlook Web Access Field" on the Exchange Advanced tab on the AD Recipeint Properties. The Outlook Web Access Folder field is appearing right under the "Simple Display Name" on the Exchange Advanced tab. However, all of the objects (Users) under the Users folder that were in an Enabled state do not have this new field. How do I get this field to appear on ALL of the user objects in Active Directory Users ...

dont send read receipts.
Hi, I am using Outlook 2000 on Win2k in an Exchange environment local lan. when somebody requests read receipts in their mails, and after that mail is read, the outlook sends read receipt notification to the sender. I want to avoid outlook sending such read receipts, can any one please show me those settings need to be done. thanks in advance. Nikhil Exchange profiles automatically send read receipts and disables the ability to select to not send them. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name her...

Splitting data in a cell
Hi all I have a column of data (sample below) and I need to split the date (last 10 characters) from the rest of the cell contents. I can't use text to columns as there is no character between the code and the date and I can't use fixed width because the code at the beginning can be 2,3 or 4 characters. Any ideas? SES106/07/2010 YG07/08/2010 TB23/04/2010 MD15/09/2010 NBH12/08/2010 DCL14/03/2010 TTE25/07/2010 EC13/11/2010 MG27/03/2010 SY08/04/2010 -- James. With your data in column A, In B1 enter: =LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-10) and copy down and in C1 enter: =R...

import data from access table into a existing table
I need to map data from an existing access database into a existing staging database. The access database only has the data I need, so the mapping is not a one to one, The SQL table many more columns so I need to do some manual mapping. Is there a way to do this throiugh the import wizard or do I need to write some type of query to manual insert the data? Thanks in advance. -- Jay Message posted via SQLMonster.com http://www.sqlmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/sql-server/201005/1 ...

I am receiving a "unable to read file" message. How do I open?
I am receiving a "unable to read file" message. How do I open? Try to open it on another machine. If you get the same result the file is possibly corrupt and un-openable. -- Regards - Andy Wiggins FCCA www.BygSoftware.com Excel, Access and VBA Consultancy "Alanb" <Alanb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:43A12AA1-9E02-4B67-9BC8-88CD2D613240@microsoft.com... > I am receiving a "unable to read file" message. How do I open? From where are you trying to open? If on removable media, copy first to hard drive then open from there. Alterna...

Migrate from Goldmine 5.0 to Exchange 2003
Has anyone had any experience with this? I am wanting to move history, the shared contacts, shared files etc. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Dan Hellebust wrote: > Has anyone had any experience with this? I am wanting to move > history, the shared contacts, shared files etc. Any information > would be greatly appreciated. Check www.slipstick.com for conversion utilities to get the info into Outlook - if you can get it in there, you can get it into Exchange, most likely - at least your calendar, contacts, etc. I'm not sure what sort of shared files Goldmine u...

Changed Data array
Hi, on one sheet i have data. Another sheet does a percentrank of tha data. The question is, when the data array changes in size, is there way to set it up so I don't have to go through and change the all th percent rank formulas. The reason I ask, is that the last time I di this, I swear that it SOMEHOW automatically corrected itself. Thanks for any help! -- Scottm ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Scottmk's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=170 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.ph...

Data Migration 11-18-03
I have successfully setup the Great Plains Integration Tool and have run a migration. All of my CRM Accounts now match my Great Plains Customers. I now have a spreadsheet full of Contacts that that I would like load into CRM. All of these contacts are affiliated with the already loaded Accounts but are not in Great Plains (and do not want them in Great Plains). Is there a way to load these contacts so that the Parent Account is populated with the appropriate Account? Also, Is there a way to have the Great Plains Customer Addresses map to the Address1 fields of the Account Table instead of ...

How to change the series order in a LEGEND ONLY...not data
I am using Excel 2003 and need to change the order of the series listed in the LEGEND only...not the data that drives the chart...is there a way to do this? The order of entries in the legend is dependent on the order of data in the chart, as well as the chart type of each series, and which axis each series is plotted on. Generally these constraints frustrate any efforts to modify the order of legend entries. What I have done with limited success is to make a dummy chart with series I need in the legend, arranged in the order to provide the legend I want. I use a screen capture progra...

Display summary sheet with Now or Today data.
I would like to display daily data, accumulated from a 12 month calendar on a SUMMARY sheet at the end. This data is hours worked in the "last" 30 days, 90 days and 365 days, stored in cells AN10:AP40 for each month. Looking for direction ... Thanks Wayne McK. One way to set it up .. Assuming the layout below is typical for each of the 12 monthly sheets in AN10:AO40 where: AN10:AN40 contains actual dates, and AO10:AO40 contains hours worked values 01-Jan-04 10 02-Jan-04 10 03-Jan-04 10 04-Jan-04 10 etc and the 12 monthly sheets are named simply as: 1, 2, 3 ... 12 Then you...

Exchange 2K restore from backup
Hi there We have a server running sbs2K. A couple of days ago a public folder was deleted from outlook. No one noticed for until today. We run complete backups of exchange using ntbackup. So I completed a current full backup. When I tried a restore from a 2 day old backup for the public information store the restored database failed to mount. It stated that the log files were inconsistant I then tried a full restore of both the public store and the mailbox store with the log files as well. This also failed in the same way. I have ended up restoring the current database which ran fine Being ...

How can I automatically forward email to an external domain with exchange 2003?
Hello, I have a server running exchange 2003. Let's say that my domain name is "hjk.com" and I want that all emails that are send to example@hjk.com are forwarded to these 3 address: example2@externaldomain.com example3@anotherdomain.com example4@evenanotherdomainidontcontrol.com Is that possible? how can I do it? Thanks Patricia Print | Copy URL of this post Expand All Collapse All Hi Patricia, By default, automatic forwards to external domains are disabled. Go to Exchange system manager, Global Settings/Internet message formats. There, either enable th...

Script/Add-on to 'mark as read' items in subfolders
Anyone know of something that can be used to mark all the items in the selected folder as read as well as items in any subfolders of the selected one. I don't want to replace the built in function. TIA Antony ...

Mailbox not created in Exchange when new Active Directory account created
Hello there, First off, I appologize if this question has been asked before. Prior to last week, whenever a new AD account was created along with a correpsonding Exchange mailbox, everything would work fine. However now things are not working normally and I am at a loss. Symptoms include: 1. When new AD account created, the email address and X.400 information is not pushed to the new account according to the Recipent Policy. 2. If we create the new AD account directly from the Exchange server console, the account inherits the recipient policy information however the new account never sho...

How to rebuild public folders in Exchange 2003
I have run into a problem with a migration from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003. The public folders appear to be messed up. This stems back to a migration from 5.5 to 2000. At this point the public folders are empty. I would like to rebuild them, but am looking for the best approach to do this. I have seen article 822444, but it also references rebuilding the public folders. Any Advice? Thanks ...