Re: iif clause

"Frank" <fhsmith@cox.net> wrote in message news:...
> Hi John:
> Was able to get expression to work using the Nz expression. Thanks again
> for all of your assistance.
>

> "Frank" <fhsmith@cox.net> wrote in message
>>I have a query that reflects a field named  phonenumber on the main tale.
>>I want to replace all null values with "-----". my iif clause is as
>>follows:
>>
>> iif([phonenumber] is null, "----", [phonenumber]).  When I run the query,
>> it returns all not null values. What am I doing wrong.
>>
>> Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

0
Frank

Re: Sending an email from vb code
"jhall2microsoft.com" <Jhall@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:... > > "Jim Bunton" <jBunton@BlueYonder.co.uk> wrote in message > news:4b7c32ea$0$31306$426a74cc@news.free.fr... >> Anyone with the same problem might find the web link below helpful. >> http://www.freeaccess.de/downloaddetails.asp?id=19 >> >> >> >> "Jim Bunton" <jBunton@BlueYonder.co.uk> wrote in message >> news:4b588926$0$17805$426a74cc@news.free.fr... >>>I wish to generate and send an email from with vb...

Outlook Error Message re: MAPI unable to open
HELP!! I keep getting the following error message: Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The .DLL file for the information service could not be found. MAPI was unable to load the information service PSTPRX.DLL. Be sure the service is correctly installed and configured. Can you fix this??? Cary <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > HELP!! I keep getting the following error message: > > Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The .DLL > file for the information service could not be found. > MAPI was unable to load the information service > ...

RE: SMTP Mail
We are forwarding mail to our ISP's SMTP server, because we use ETRN to send e-mails. How can i configure this to work as you only have one SMTP connector for both inbound and outbound mails. Please see further down for rest of this thread. Regards Chris White ...

re: formula needs to move across 1 column every week
Hi I need some help, i have a simple formula that sums for example AA40:AG40. Every week this has to increment across 1 column ie. AB40:AH40 in week 2 Currently i'm adjusting these formulas manually. Is there an easier way to do this? Thanks edul =SUM(OFFSET(AA$40,0,WEEKNUM(TODAY())-1,1,7)) -- Regards! Stefi „edul” ezt írta: > Hi > > I need some help, i have a simple formula that sums for example AA40:AG40. > Every week this has to increment across 1 column ie. AB40:AH40 in week 2 > > Currently i'm adjusting these formu...

Re : Migrating emails from active Exchange 2000 to a offline Exchange 2000
I need to move emails from a production Exchange 2000 to an offline exchange 2000 and move it back later to the same exchange server 2000 after repair or reformat .... something like moving the .pst from 1 desktop computer to another desktop for viewing that I have the correct files loaded. Paul This group is for questions around Microsoft CRM but here's the answer for you. You need to use a utility called EXMERGE. This allows you to take everyones exchange data and store it in a file called user.pst etc YOu can then rebuild your exchange server and use exmerge again to reimport t...

IIF function question
I have this function in my query: URG_IN: IIf([MCAUTH_URG_IN]"",N,[MCAUTH_URG_IN]). The MCAUTH_URG_IN field can be many letters of the alphabet, but if it is blank I want it to be an "N". Can someone tell me what is wrong with this query? Thanks. You omitted the equal sign and quotes around the 'N'. URG_IN: IIf([MCAUTH_URG_IN]="","N",[MCAUTH_URG_IN]). -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "LisaK" wrote: > I have this function in my query: URG_IN: > IIf([MCAUTH_URG_IN]"",N,[MCAUTH_URG_IN]). The MCAU...

Re: Static Libraries
On 7/21/2004 9:16 AM, M@MSN.COM wrote to ALL: Which would be the same thing as creating the classes themselves and not placing them in a static library and "including them" in each DLLs stdafx.h file or in each DLLs main cpp file as #include statements, right? Thus, in my case since all DLLs use these IO classes to interact with a comport, socket, or file, it really doesn't matter because whether they are static libraries or included as header includes, its all the same. Am I mistaken? -> When you create a static library and link it into a EXE or DLL, all the -> funct...

RE: Exchange 2003 sp1
Does anyone know when exchange 2003 sp1 is going to be released? When it is ready. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "wbmcse" <wbmcse@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:BAE52071-373E-4CEF-A3AF-3498AA475BEA@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know when exchange 2003 sp1 is going to be released? ...

Re: Outlook 2002 Rules...
In Outlook Express, a rule can highlight a message in your inbox in a specific color, based upon who sent it, etc. I can't seem to find a way in Outlook 2002 to have a rule highlight all messages in your inbox from a specific person, i.e. "Aunt May", in a specified color. Is there a way for Rules in Outlook to do this? If so, how? Jim Jim, You should be able to go to "Tools" and then "Organize" and find a link to "Using Colors" that you can clik on. There you can set colors to be set for certain addresses you receive from as well as ones...

Re-assigning weekend days in "Networkdays" Function
Hi everyone, I would like some help on the "Networkdays" funtion. I need t re-assign the default weekend days in this funtion (Saturday & Sunday to Thursday & Friday. For example: note: date format is mm/dd/yy =NETWORKDAYS(A1,A2) where A1= 01/14/2004 (day being Saturday) & A2=01/25/04 (day being Wednesday) will return the value of 8 because it subtracts the 4 default weeken days (2 Saturdays & 2 Sundays) automatically. I need it to return th value 10 for the alternative 2 weekend days (1 Thursday & 1 Friday). I want MS Excel to read Saturdays & Sunday...

Naming shapes
Is there a way of referencing, in code, a Shape object other than using its's string name? Problem Excel allows duplicate names: If I have 5 shapes (rectangles, ovals, triangles, etc) and name them each "Shape".. and in code I.. ActiveSheet.Shapes("Shape").Select ....this will select the first Shape laid onto the Sheet that was renamed "Shape" Is there another way of referencing an individual shape? I'm fishing for something like an array subscript. I'm looking for a quick and efficient way of processing a large number of shape objects. i.e....

Re: Meeting Request Responses
From Microsoft Office Online http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/marketplace/EM102566161033.aspx: IMI Attendees Print is small utility specially designed for Microsoft Outlook users to print the names of the people who have been invited to a meeting and response status - Accepted, Declined, Tentative, None. From Outlook, there no direct way to print the response status... This is reason we to produce this unique tools. Key Benefits a.. Obtain information for meeting items from any Appointment folder in Microsoft Exchange Server 5.x or/and Microsoft Exchange Server 2000/2003 b.. Ob...

Re-installing RWW
Is there an easy way to reinstall Remote Web Workspace? I ask this because I have a new SBS2003 install and when I try to goto http://localhost/remote it says 'page cannot be found'? I drilled down in inetpub and don't see any files that will allow me to goto the page. I am trying this from IIS on the server so I shouldn't have to worry about the ports on the firewall just yet. Any help is appreciated.---Kevin Turn on the proxy server on the client and bypass proxy for local addresses. "Kevin" <kevin@jdgdredd.com> wrote in message news:C1ED17A1.2889%kevin@jd...

Re-number credit card batch for settling
Had a problem settling a credit card batch due to duplicate batch number. Credit card company (paymentech) keeps saying we have to re-number our batch. Batch is already gone as "settled" on my side. No error came back as "duplicate". Didn't know till we called processor. \ Also, would like duplicate receipt for debit card without a signature line and without pressing reprint. How to? Thanks Roxanne, Make a backup first. Do it again and store it somewhere else just to be safe. Contact Paymentech and find out what batch number they are looking for. *** CAUTION ...

Re-Installation Issue(s)
I was reading these discussion groups to try and find an answer to a different issue I was having with Outlook 2003. I saw an update available that would install the holiday's on my calendar. My guess is that I didn't read the correct instructions section because downloading, installing the holidays update killed my Outlook 2003. Now, if I start Outlook using either the quick launch on my taskbar or going into the Program files\Microsoft Office\Office11\Outlook.exe results in a setup window popping up; clicking either the change/remove or the repair/re-install goes for ...

Revised ques re {set-clipboard} and blank spaces
Can anyone point me in the right direction where I could learn how I could include a blank in a string that I paste to the clipboard using {set-clipboard}? I can paste the word "now" to the windows clipboard, by opening a cmd prompt, and running the following code, using {set-clipboard}: C:\Users\marxp>C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe -Sta "& {set-clipboard -text" "now"} But, if I insert a blank space into the string "now" (i.e., "no w"), I get the following error, which I don't understan...

Re: CFormView Resizing Flicker
I should also note that I'd be even happier if someone knows how to stop the flicker instead. In fact, I'd prefer this solution but have had little luck finding it. Suggestions here would also be much appreciated. Thanks. King Menelaus wrote: > Hi folks, > > I have an SDI application with a CFormView-derived class containing a > tab control with several dialogs and their associated controls. When I > resize the frame window using the mouse, I get a very annoying flicker > of all the visible controls inside the active tab. So, in my CMainFrame > (CFrame...

RE: Use the correction update that came from Microsoft
--lvjrsxgdeukyw Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="ljrqnjmwttaaqu"; type="multipart/alternative" --ljrqnjmwttaaqu Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="lkaziipbckhfrcmi" --lkaziipbckhfrcmi Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS User this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now ...

Multiple IIf
I have a report whose filter is being built by a form with 2 txt boxes for a date range and 8 chk boxes to specify which Roles to include in the data. Here is what I have so far. ="(ContactDate >= #" & [txtOpenDate] & "#) AND (" & "ContactDate <= #" & [txtCloseDate] & "#) AND (" & IIf([chkRole2],"(txtRoleID = 2) OR "," ") & IIf([chkRole3],"(txtRoleID = 3) OR "," ") & IIf([chkRole4],"(txtRoleID = 4) OR "," ") & IIf([chkRole5],"(txtRoleID...

Re-using a filestream in a loop
I want to make a loop to read data from a succession of binary files (filepaths of the files are in a string array). If I create a new filestream and from that a new binary reader before the start of the loop how can I redefine the filestream to look at a different file each time I go through the loop? Grateful for advice simonc wrote: > I want to make a loop to read data from a succession of binary files > (filepaths of the files are in a string array). > > If I create a new filestream and from that a new binary reader before > the start of the loop how can I...

Re: iif clause
"Frank" <fhsmith@cox.net> wrote in message news:... > Hi John: > Was able to get expression to work using the Nz expression. Thanks again > for all of your assistance. > > > "Frank" <fhsmith@cox.net> wrote in message > news:iZFcn.48387$zN4.39188@newsfe05.iad... >>I have a query that reflects a field named phonenumber on the main tale. >>I want to replace all null values with "-----". my iif clause is as >>follows: >> >> iif([phonenumber] is null, "----", [phonenumber]). Wh...

How to re-associate mailboxes to Master Exchange Server
I recently had a bad crash, Ironically due to the latest Arcserve 11.5 software bug. I reinstalled Exchange 2K3 with SP2 on Win2K3 SP1 I have a secondary Exchange server that I replicate to with XoSoft However when I try to replicate with Exosoft I get the following error relating to my Exchange server configuration. Warning message reads: Network traffic is directed to host Email, but mailboxes are assigned to host Dc2 Does anybody no where I can find how to re-associate the mailboxes with my Host server EMAIL? Is this an AD thing? Thanks in advance On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 12:49:22 -0...

Using existing fields in an IIf statement
I am trying to create a text field which displays an existing field is another field is null. The expression I have used is: =IIf([Home_Address]="",[Manager],Null). Unfortunately this doesn't work in that nothing is ever displayed, even if there is nothing in the [Home_Address] field. If I replace the [Home_Address] field with some text (like "No Data") then it works. Help would be appreciated. -- Keith W Try: =IIf([Home_Address] Is Null,[Manager], Null) Null is not the same thing as "" (a zero-length string.) For more info, see: Common erro...

Account details vanished and won't allow me to re input
My account details have vanished and the windows mail will not allow me to re-input! E-mail account is ok - can access through web! Can anyone help? "Wizmad" <Wizmad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02BD491C-DDFE-4AC7-8CD6-2BA15BD3D9CA@microsoft.com... > My account details have vanished and the windows mail will not allow me to > re-input! > > E-mail account is ok - can access through web! > > Can anyone help? ...

Re-activating a disabled AD account takes hours then enter mailbox
When we re-enable a diabled AD account it can take hours before the user can enter their mailbox, why is this and hour can I speed this up? Thanks in advance http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;179065 Change the value to something reasonable. I used to set it to 5 minutes on all my servers and never saw any problems. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed) "SW" <SW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7FE13A83-3B49-4AF5-9BBA-4F88F94117CE@microsoft.c...