query vs forms - 23505

A query looks very similar to a form in datasheet view.
Is it possible to call a form from a query if you click on a certain
field  - or is this only possible using a form.
Is is possible to check if a one of two checkboxes has been ticked
(say male or female) in a record just by entering the data in a query
using some sort of table validation - I know that you can do some
limited required field validation.
Just wanted to know if this was at all possible because at the moment
I am doing all data entry through select queries and it seems to be
working Ok, but need to know whether its really necessary to switch to
forms (would rather not).

0
deekay

Timer for Queries?

Outlook Forms slow to load
All of the suddent, one of my customers is having an issue with his outlook client. His forms are taking 3 minutes to load. Any idea why this may be happening? Where are the forms he's trying to load? They wouldn't be halfway around the world, would they? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Boomer" <marionFSU@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1171297633.827243.132230@h3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > All of the suddent, one of my customers is having an issue with his > outlook client. His forms are ta...

Erratic results from query criteria

The disappearing form
In using Access 2007, I have a database with five joined tables. I want to make a form, based on the "main table" and then four individual subforms. This works fine for the first of the four subforms, but when I add the second in design view, and then look at my handy work in Form View, all I have is a blank, white display, none of the controls are visible. This is the most complex form I have ever attempted and can not determine what is wrong. Please help. Paul If your form is blank, that generally means there was no data there to show. Make sure your control sour...

Excel Forms #5
Once I have created a form (for entering data in a spreadsheet)...is there a way to save the form for future use to avoid having to choose the columns each time I want to enter data? If you referring to Excel's Data, Form feature if you assign the name "database" to the list you do not have to select the list to use it with Data, Form. -- Jim "wheresleo" <wheresleo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FA4C1EF6-FF2D-4EE3-837D-22814D6A9F34@microsoft.com... | Once I have created a form (for entering data in a spreadsheet)...is there a | way to sa...

Update Query ?

BizTalk vs AXAPTA
Hi to all i have make a BT orchestration that call an assembly. Inside the assembly there is a function that check the data in AXAPTA with the AXAPTA Business Connector. In debug enviroment all working good, in run-time enviroment appeare the next errore message: Event Type: Error Event Source: .NET Runtime Event Category: None Event ID: 1023 Date: 24/04/2009 Time: 10:27:10 User: N/A Computer: MILBIZTALK03 Description: ..NET Runtime version 2.0.50727.3082 - Fatal Execution Engine Error (7A0979C6) (80131506) For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com...

design query match anywhere?
In the design query I want to match the letters "ABC" anywhere in the column 'description'. I could not get instr to work by using: InStr(description, "ABC")) > 0 How else can I match ABC (upper and lowercase) to anywhere in my 'description' column? Thanks! Are you saying you put that InStr bit as a criteria under your Description field in the query designer? Try putting Like "*ABC*" as the criteria instead. Alternatively, you could add a computed field to the query InStr([Description, "ABC") and then put >0 as the ...

A phantom blank form opens with my form
I have a form that is used for data entry. When it opens there is a phantom blank rectangle that opens adjacent to the regular data entry form. The form is opened via VBA. I have the form set to data entry with additions set to yes. Once I enter data it dissapears. At other times it locks up everything where I have to use the task manager to close. What the . . . First thing I would do would be to see if there are updated Graphics drivers for my hardware. -- HTH, George "Programming Artist" <Programming Artist@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2703E1...

I am getting a message that says "Unexpected Error An Error has occurred" when I am running an advanced find query on two custom entities. It seems to be when I have certain custom fields included in my view that the query errors out. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much. Just wanted to add that I seem to get errors when there is a 0.00 amount in these fields... "TJ" wrote: > I am getting a message that says "Unexpected Error An Error has occurred" > when I am running an advanced find query on two custom entities. It se...

recordset "over" 2 forms
I think this is a rather basic question and difficult to explain, but I'll try I have this form with 1 entryfield and 1 puhbutton In this entryfield I enter a name, or part of a name I click the pushbutton and another form opens, based upon what I entered in the first form The code for the pushbutton of the first form is: Private Sub Knop13_Click() If IsNull(Me!Naam_lk) = False Then If MsgBox("Je koos een naam", vbOKOnly, "Let op") Then End If End If If IsNull(Me!Naam_lk) = False Then Dim g As Form, f As Form Dim db As Database Set db = Cur...

pass through query

Time calculations for Scheduled vs Actual Employee Time and Wages 11-29-09
I am THRYING to make a simple schedule worksheet for a manger to use to calculate the time he schedules an employee to clock in and out and what it will cost him in regards to his allocated budget and then to be able to compare it after the job is completed. BUT time calculations have thrown me for loop and I am stuck for hours on trying to calculate time fields. PLEASE DEAR GOD can someone help me. Below is a simple example of my worksheet. A2 (Time IN) = 1:00 PM A3 (Time OUT) = 5:00 PM A4 (Time Worked) = 4:00 (h:mm format) Formula A3...

Transparent form with hourglass?
I want to have a maximized form that is transparent. In the center is a label with some text. I could not figure out how to have a waitcursor displayed on the form. Does anyone know how to do that with a transparent form? As an alternative, I tried setting the opacity to something low like 5%. The waitcursor worked but I could not see the label text in the middle of the form. Thanks for any help you can provide. ...

a count field in a query?

DebugBreak Vs __asm { int 3 }
Hi, DebugBreak is not breaking were it should. I found __asm {int 3} in the internet and tried it, and that does work (it breaks on the line of code I write it). I looked in assert.h, and it seems that __asm {int 3} is used for x86, but something else of 64-bit--something like __break, which I do not know what this does. Questions: First, is there a way to make DebugBreak work better? Second, if not I will use __asm {int 3}, but I would like it to work on 64-bit windows as well. What do I need to do? Can someone explain __break? What is an intrinsic function? Thanks. I just ...

Saving Username and Pass with Web Queries
I am pulling data from a website that requires you to provide a usernam and password everytime you visit the site. Excel has cachin capabilities, but everytime you close excel and try and open up th spreadsheet again, it can't login. What is the fix for this? Thanks, Hend -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Bump! --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Birthday query for many children in one record
I have a database for the church, it has one main flat table only. Each record for the parents have field for child1 name, child1birthday, child2 name, child2birthday, child3 name, child3birthday - up to 5 children. I am having difficulty trying to get a report to list the birthdays of the children like this parent name, child 1 name, child 1 birthday month etc. so you get something like this:- Parent John Smith, child Mary Smith January 3 Parent Fred Jones, child Bert Jones March 4 Parent John Smith, child Jane Smith March 6 Parent Harry Brown, child Jane Brown March 6 Parent Bert Taylor,...

Form Not Opening Right
I am using the following code from to open a form from another continuous form. DoCmd.OpenForm "frmDhallAddExpiredRefRecy", , , , acFormAdd, , [DHallID] = Me.DHallID However, the form opens except that the DhallID does not transfer. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? The DhallID is an autonumber field. -- Thanks As Always Rip Ripper wrote: > I am using the following code from to open a form from another continuous > form. > DoCmd.OpenForm "frmDhallAddExpiredRefRecy", , , , acFormAdd, , [DHallID] > = Me.DHallID >...

Unresponsive Query Wizard
Hi there, I have an Excel 2003 user who is using a spreadsheet that pulls data from our SQL server. When he opens it and refreshes the data it is fine, it pulls the current data, but when he tries to edit the query, the Query Wizard does not appear, he can see it on the task bar, but when he switches focus using task manager everything is greyed out and nothing works. I have tested the file from my computer and it is fine, which suggests a problem with his machine or installation. Does anyone have any ideas? Cheers, Steve Dooza wrote: > Hi there, > I have an Excel 2003 user who...

Another simple query
Dear all, I have a table that contains first names and last names in different fields. Is there any way to write a query that will give as a result the first name and last name in the same field? I hope this makes sense. Thanks in advance! SELECT [last_name_field] & ", " & [first_name_field] AS whole_name FROM [your_name_table] Change the field and table names to whatever your actual fields and tables are. Cheers, Jason Lepack On Apr 23, 9:47 am, Homer <peter.a.r...@googlemail.com> wrote: > Dear all, > > I have a table that contains first names an...

Passing data from one form to another

Query query
I am trying to create a new field in which it shows the sum total of 10 fields (Charge Time, Charge Time 2, Charge Time 3, etc.); what is the easiest way to do this? -- Joe NewFieldName: [Charge Time] + [Charge Time 2] + [Charge Time 3] .... etc -- Good Luck BS"D "joet5402" wrote: > I am trying to create a new field in which it shows the sum total of 10 > fields (Charge Time, Charge Time 2, Charge Time 3, etc.); what is the easiest > way to do this? > -- > Joe I tried this, and it doesn't work. Is there something I'm forgetting? -- Joe ...

Form and SubForm Problem
I have a table tblPhones with a PDkey as the Primary Key. I have another table tblPB with four fields as follows: DDID as the Primary Key PDkey, a lookup field to tblPhones. DirectoryID, a lookup field to a table tblDirectory DeptID, a lookup field to a table tblDepartment The Main Form uses tblPhones as it's record source The Sub Form has tblPB as it's record source Link Child Fields = PDkey Link Master Fields = PDkey I can create a new record in tblPhones from the Main Form, WITHOUT entering data in the SubForm. How do I make sure data is entered into the SubForm when adding a n...

group by query trouble
I'm trying to run a query that counts the number of people with hemoglobin of type SS, type SC, and then all others. There are about 12 different kinds of types. Basically I want a count for SS, a count for SC, and then a count that totals all the others into one count. Hopefully that makes sense. I'm using group by for the SS and SC which works great, but I'm not sure how to tell it to add up the others. I'm not a big fan of nested IIf statements, but this should work after you put in the proper field and table names: SELECT IIf([Hemoglobin]="SC","SC&...