pulling table modified date

hey all, i'm trying to set the value of a text box on my form to the Created
Date of a table in my database. its not the recordsource of the form. any
ideas?

TIA
Ted

0
Ted

also I forgot to mention the table is in a different database

"Ted" <tbest@rca-insurance.com> wrote in message
> hey all, i'm trying to set the value of a text box on my form to the
> Created Date of a table in my database. its not the recordsource of the
> form. any ideas?
>
> TIA
> Ted

0
Ted
2/5/2008 1:20:12 PM
You could get the creation date of the table if you OpenDatabase on the back
end, and look at the DateCreated property of the TableDef:
    OpenDatabase("C:\MyFolder\MyDB.mdb").TableDefs("MyTable").DateCreated

Unfortunately, Access 2000 and onwards doesn't maintain these dates
correctly for all objects, so test it thoroughly.

> also I forgot to mention the table is in a different database
>
> "Ted" <tbest@rca-insurance.com> wrote in message
>> hey all, i'm trying to set the value of a text box on my form to the
>> Created Date of a table in my database. its not the recordsource of the
>> form. any ideas?
>>
>> TIA
>> Ted

0
Allen
2/5/2008 1:58:21 PM
Thank you Allen, I tried code similar and also tried yours and i keep
getting "Invalid use of property". It doesn't like the DateCreated Property.
any ideas?

> You could get the creation date of the table if you OpenDatabase on the
> back end, and look at the DateCreated property of the TableDef:
>    OpenDatabase("C:\MyFolder\MyDB.mdb").TableDefs("MyTable").DateCreated
>
> Unfortunately, Access 2000 and onwards doesn't maintain these dates
> correctly for all objects, so test it thoroughly.

> "Ted" <tbest@rca-insurance.com> wrote in message
>> also I forgot to mention the table is in a different database
>>
>> "Ted" <tbest@rca-insurance.com> wrote in message
>>> hey all, i'm trying to set the value of a text box on my form to the
>>> Created Date of a table in my database. its not the recordsource of the
>>> form. any ideas?
>>>
>>> TIA
>>> Ted

0
Ted
2/5/2008 2:18:23 PM
ummmm one more thing...i have a link to the table in my db. i tried using
the dlookup function but it gives me the date created of the link

DLookup("DateCreate", "MSysObjects", "Name =
'L:\TVB\DIGINV\DIGINV.MDB\ALLCOMPANIESDATA'")

"Ted" <tbest@rca-insurance.com> wrote in message
> also I forgot to mention the table is in a different database
>
> "Ted" <tbest@rca-insurance.com> wrote in message
>> hey all, i'm trying to set the value of a text box on my form to the
>> Created Date of a table in my database. its not the recordsource of the
>> form. any ideas?
>>
>> TIA
>> Ted

0
Ted
2/5/2008 2:36:37 PM
Take it a step at a time.

Try:
    OpenDatabase("C:\MyFolder\MyDB.mdb").Name

Then:
    OpenDatabase("C:\MyFolder\MyDB.mdb").TableDefs("MyTable").Name
and so on.

> Thank you Allen, I tried code similar and also tried yours and i keep
> getting "Invalid use of property". It doesn't like the DateCreated
> Property. any ideas?
>

> "Allen Browne" <AllenBrowne@SeeSig.Invalid> wrote in message
>> You could get the creation date of the table if you OpenDatabase on the
>> back end, and look at the DateCreated property of the TableDef:
>>    OpenDatabase("C:\MyFolder\MyDB.mdb").TableDefs("MyTable").DateCreated
>>
>> Unfortunately, Access 2000 and onwards doesn't maintain these dates
>> correctly for all objects, so test it thoroughly.
>>
>> "Ted" <tbest@rca-insurance.com> wrote in message
>>> also I forgot to mention the table is in a different database
>>>
>>> "Ted" <tbest@rca-insurance.com> wrote in message

0
Allen
2/5/2008 3:10:53 PM
Thx Allen...i tried that but still got "Invalid use of property"
is there a reference that i'm missing?

> Take it a step at a time.
>
> Try:
>    OpenDatabase("C:\MyFolder\MyDB.mdb").Name
>
> Then:
>    OpenDatabase("C:\MyFolder\MyDB.mdb").TableDefs("MyTable").Name
> and so on.

> "Ted" <tbest@rca-insurance.com> wrote in message
>> Thank you Allen, I tried code similar and also tried yours and i keep
>> getting "Invalid use of property". It doesn't like the DateCreated
>> Property. any ideas?
>>

>> "Allen Browne" <AllenBrowne@SeeSig.Invalid> wrote in message
>>> You could get the creation date of the table if you OpenDatabase on the
>>> back end, and look at the DateCreated property of the TableDef:
>>>    OpenDatabase("C:\MyFolder\MyDB.mdb").TableDefs("MyTable").DateCreated
>>>
>>> Unfortunately, Access 2000 and onwards doesn't maintain these dates
>>> correctly for all objects, so test it thoroughly.
>>>
>>> "Ted" <tbest@rca-insurance.com> wrote in message

0
Ted
2/5/2008 3:16:52 PM
I got it...thx. I goofed.
Thank you for your help!

> Take it a step at a time.
>
> Try:
>    OpenDatabase("C:\MyFolder\MyDB.mdb").Name
>
> Then:
>    OpenDatabase("C:\MyFolder\MyDB.mdb").TableDefs("MyTable").Name
> and so on.

> "Ted" <tbest@rca-insurance.com> wrote in message
>> Thank you Allen, I tried code similar and also tried yours and i keep
>> getting "Invalid use of property". It doesn't like the DateCreated
>> Property. any ideas?
>>

>> "Allen Browne" <AllenBrowne@SeeSig.Invalid> wrote in message
>>> You could get the creation date of the table if you OpenDatabase on the
>>> back end, and look at the DateCreated property of the TableDef:
>>>    OpenDatabase("C:\MyFolder\MyDB.mdb").TableDefs("MyTable").DateCreated
>>>
>>> Unfortunately, Access 2000 and onwards doesn't maintain these dates
>>> correctly for all objects, so test it thoroughly.
>>>
>>> "Ted" <tbest@rca-insurance.com> wrote in message

0
Ted

Off Topic: Pulling Hair Out
Want to have some fun? Search microsoft.public.pos on google groups for "hair." You'll get all of the posts about people pulling thier hair out. Hint: There's more than one page. ...

Pivot tables
Two questions regarding pivot tables. 1 Is there a way to use auto filter to limit the items included in row fields? That is, instead of checking or unchecking items in the drop down box use filters to say only include accounts greater than 5000 and less than 7000. I got around this by filtering the source of the data, copying it to another sheet and changing the source of the pivot table to the new sheet, but that is cumbersome. 2 Can conditional formatting be used within pivot tables? I have an actual field, a budget field and a calculated variance field. I would like to have variances...

Always future dates
I have a form with an unbound text box for entering a date. The text box's format property is set to Short Date. Here's the problem, based on today (09/14/07): If a user enters 01/15 into the text box, Access will expand that date to 01/15/07. The users would like the date to be expanded to 01/15/08, the future date instead of one in the past. Can someone suggest the easiest way to force the date into the future? Is there some sort of formatting property I can set, or would this need to be done in code? If it's in code, have you seen a sample anywhere that would give me a good sta...

conditional formatting-date color change
I wrote in Access 2003, having a little trouble. making this happen. What i'm doing is on calibration dates for tools. I would like to have the date that i put into [calibrationdue] change colors, 30 and 15 days before and turn Red when past due. Can anyone help me? Dumbfounded. Lonnie Open the report in design view Click on the control Select Conditional Formatting from the menu Set condition 1 Between Date()-30 and Date()-15 Set condition 2 Between Date()-14 and Date() Set Condition 3 > Date() '==================================================== John Spencer ...

another Q
I've seen this on a file once but I dont know how it was achieved. Let's say i have a huge table, about 30 columns, 1000 rows. The top row gives the characteristics, and the "leftest" column give whose characteristics are those; like: John Jack whoever height weight whatever since the table is quite big, when you're in the middle, its ver uncomfortable to fill it since you have already successfully forgotte which column was for John and which was for Jack and so on. So I wanted to make it such, that the inner part of the table can mov as i scroll down o...

Table of contents #2
I have a multi page spreadsheet at sheet1. Then created a table of contents at sheet2. By using a formula (=name! location) I have the page name in my Table of Contents from the spreadsheet. Each spreadsheet page is numbered by using (page set up, custom footer, &page). How do i get the number into the Table of Contents? hi, don't think that will work. &page just numbers the page starting at 1. so all the pages have 1. what are you trying to do? create a goto funciton? if so you might have better luck using cell addresses(upper left corner) or range names. >-----Orig...

Pull down menu
Hello, I am trying find a way to make a pull down menu in excel. I have a list of foods on one sheet in a workbook where all the nutrition information is stored per food type where the row indicates the food type and the columns indicate the nutrition info ie: Carbs, Protein, Fats, Calories etc. This sheet has roughly 300 or so food items listed in rows. How can I create a pull down menu in another cell on another worksheet as a method to select a food item from the food sheet? Any help is appreciated, Dave --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (...

How can I stop Excel from formating my infromation as a Date?
I have to use edit/replace in excel to format my information quite often. And anytime I have a value that could be viewed as a date excel reformats the cell and presents the numbers as a date (which they are not). ex: 6--12 in cell A1 edit replace "--" with "-" and you will get "12-Jun" instead of 6-12 I have also tried using the format option with edit/replace but I can not find a way to get excel to stop converting my numbers to dates. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Eric One solution is to use the substitute function t...

Comparison Table
Hi, I am looking for a Comparison Table that compaires Sales Logix ,Accpac and Microsoft CRM features. Could anybody refer me to such chart or table? Thanks, Ali Hi AM: Can you shoot me an email at jstraumann@<nospam>.cogeco.ca remove the <nospam> John. "A.M" <IHateSpam@sapm123.com> wrote in message news:%23YfA%230$FEHA.740@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I am looking for a Comparison Table that compaires Sales Logix ,Accpac and > Microsoft CRM features. > Could anybody refer me to such chart or table? > > Thanks, > Ali > > ...

Does anyone create sites without using tables for layout?
I know that a trend is to create websites that are pure css, and don't rely on tables for layout. Are asp.net devs taking that approach also? I checked a couple of major asp.net websites like newegg.com and they do seem to use tables for layout. Any info out there focused on table-less asp.net dev? Most of us try but I think our dirty little secret is most also cop out and start using tables here and there when their pages become increasingly complex. You'll note most of the "pure" CSS sites are often little more than what we call StackPanels in XAML using CS...

managing lookup table rebuilds
I am using a Delphi program to rebuild a lookup table from a source table imported (via an SSIS package) from a linked server. The catch is that the imports can happen throughout the day, so that the lookup table would often have to be built while users are accessing it via the front end app (also written in Delphi). My idea is to name the new lookup table by appending the date & time, then drop and recreate a synonym to point to it. I'm thinking that this will cause no locks because a running query will point to the old table during the DROP/CREATE SYNONYM. There may ...

Table alignment in Word 2007
I have created a Table with 5 columns and 16 rows. Cell alignment in all cells is Centered horizonally. I have copied this format into several Word Documents. My problem; In Column 1, Rows 9 & 11 cells are showing as Top aligned. All other cells are correct. I have gone into the Tables / Layout and the Alignment Group and clicked on the Center button but nothing changes at all. The two cells stand out like a sore thumb. How can I force them to "center"? Bob Turn on Show Non-Printing Characters (Ctrl-Shift-8) and see if you have an extra blank paragraph...

2007
Hi! - I was hoping someone could help me please. Here's what I have. A worksheet that has several dates in a row. D1:T1, Of that range, I have conditional formatting set to highlight a date(s) either = to or within the next 7 days. I need to be able to pull the date next closest or equal to today. Can anyone help me out? Any help would be greatly appriecated. Shaun > I was hoping someone could help me please. Here's what I have. A > worksheet that has several dates in a row. D1:T1, Of that range, I > have conditional formatting set to highlight a date(s) either = to or...

Date Cell Corruption
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC I have found a &quot;bug&quot; in the new excel which means if I copy and paste a date or date range, from an earlier version of Excel (ie an older spreadsheet), the date in the 2008/new excel changes to a date 4 years and 1 day more than the original date. Even if I try to link the cells between new and old excel, the returning date value is incorrect. Does anyone know how to fix this???? HELP!!! Sorry to burst your bubble :-) but you haven't discovered a bug. What you've discovered is that th...

Sorting tasks by due date
I want to sort my tasks so that the most pressing items are displayed at the top of the list, i.e. by ascending due date. I have setup my tasks to sort by due date in ascending order, but the problem I have is that items with no due date are displayed above those with a due date. How do I sort by due date, in ascending order, with items with due dates displayed above those without? Thanks in advance Jon This is the same question that scorpius asked. I believe that there is no way to do this. "Jonathan Longthorp" wrote: > I want to sort my tasks so that the most pres...

error registering table GL_Account_MSTR
When I print trial balance from reports-finance-trial balance, I get the error error registering table GL_Account_MSTR The report is not modified. We are on Great Plains 8.0. Please help. I would re-create the REPORTS.DIC file and FORMS.DIC file (If you have one). Run the report. If it worked I would then import the modified reports and windows into their respective files. "Jack" wrote: > When I print trial balance from reports-finance-trial balance, I get the error > > error registering table GL_Account_MSTR > > The report is not modified. We are on Great ...

Free Heap block e008e0 modified at e009b4 after it was freed��
Hi all�� I create a simple dialog with MFC support, and use new to alloc memory, when I delete all alloced memory, the "Free Heap block e008e0 modified at e009b4 after it was freed" message displayed. Why the message show? And it means? Thanks in advance, Hanni hanni xu wrote: > Hi all�� > I create a simple dialog with MFC support, and use new to alloc memory, when > I delete all alloced memory, the "Free Heap block e008e0 modified at e009b4 > after it was freed" message displayed. Why the message show? And it means? The message is from heap checking c...

Date/Time Calculation
Hello, I have a form that I need to calculate duration. I'm sure it is somewhat simple to do but I'm just not sure how to do it. I have to fields, one is start time and the other is end time and both have the medium time input mask on them. All I want to do is calculate the duration in the duration field based on what is entered in the start and end time fields. How do I do this? Any help is appreciated. Thanks -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200802/1 Look up DATEDIFF function in Access help -Dorian "...

word cannot be pulled up
Do I need a updated version of word. Cannot bring up any word files now. 99 version. If you are saying that you cannot double-click to open Word documents, see http://word.mvps.org/faqs/apperrors/reregisterword.htm. Note that there is no "Word 99"; you need to look at Help | About Word to find out which version you are actually using. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "rentals" <rentals@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12565263-2B58-4C40-A0C3-192A933FF438@microsoft.com... > Do I need a updated version of word. Cannot br...

Is there a way to set tables as a single block?
Alrighty people, I've been given until the end of the week to finish up a program that I've been working on as a pet project and there are just a couple of things that I need to get cleaned up with it. - the excel program creates two tables, of about 8 rows x3 columns each with one row dividing them.These 17 rows are then copied into word onto a template. What I need, is for those 17 rows to be in two fixed blocks of the 8x3 so that when they get pasted into Word it cant end up with half of a table on one page and the other half of it on the next. seems to me it'd be a formatting ...

Excel 03 DB query pulls data in wrong order, how to resolve?
New user to Excel DB queries. Have set up DB and query, however query does not import DB in the column-order of the query. This worked fine the past couple months. Dont understand why it wont work this month. Have re-created query and the problem still exists. Cant find any information on how to troubleshoot this issue. Thanks for your help. Data>Import External Data>Data Range Properties Uncheck Preserve column sort/filter/layout Does that help? -- Regards, Ron ...

Data into table
Hi all When I enter date stright into table, I cant find the record with a query, only if I enetr the record with the related form. I paid extra attention no to have any mistakes in trms of spelling etc.. What can cause this? Thanks, Tom you've probably just got the wrong where clause man :) "Tom" <partner1973@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:uejJS4inHHA.3968@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi all > > When I enter date stright into table, I cant find the record with a query, > only if I enetr the record with the related form. > > I paid extra a...

Date in adjoining field
I am new at this. Any help would be appreciated!! I have a spreadsheet with data in L2. When the data in L2 is changed, I would like excel to automatically post today's date in K2. Thanks for your help!!!!!!!!! Keith Thompson For a possible solution see: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/timestamp.html -- For everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup. Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Unorganized" <boltman17@comcast.net> wrote in message news:ohk2b0d657fd7m486etop96jkluqj9rljt@4ax.com... > I am new at this. Any help would be appreciated!! I have a > ...

Pivot tables downgrade 2007->2003
Welcome. I've created a few pivot tables in my report in Ex2007. The problem is that there is a group of ppl who have Ex2003 and these pivot tables looses their functionality (expanding) when opened in this version of Excel. Of course files are saved as *.xls format but it doesn't change anything. The one way to solve this problem is to create once again these pvt tables in Ex2003 using source table, but i think its just time wasting process. Besides there are pvt tables without source, so i would have to generate them again. I'll appreciate any hint helping me...

Table Clean Up
Hi, I have table A and table B. I want to remove duplicate data from table from both tables. In effect it would be a simple subtraction: Table A - Table B = Table C Can anyone help? I'mm using Access 2002 SP3 Rgds, Dolphy Hi Dolphy, You can do this via a MakeTable query. Open a new query, and add both TableA and TableB in the upper section of the query design grid. Join each field of TableA to the corresponding field in TableB; right-click on each join line and change the join property to "Include all records from TableA and only those records from TableB where the joi...