Passing Values from One Form to Another Including a Combo Box

Hi, hope someone can help with passing two values from one form to
another by way of a command button.  I have spent a week on various
code taken from this site, but still no luck.  Please ... someone help!!

The form I am passing values from is called PATIENT HISTORY-Form.  On
this form, I need to pass a date from a field called DateSFESigned and
I also need to pass information collected from a Combo box, Combo91.

The command button is called Command119.

The form that the values are being passed to is called Personal Habits-
Form.

Thank you in advance for any help on this matter.

Maurita Searcy

0
Maurita

There are various ways to do this; as for which may be best for you to use,
that depends upon what the second form wants to do with the values.

First thing I'd try is using OpenArgs argument in the DoCmd.OpenForm action.
Concatenate the two values into a single string (separate them with some
unique delimiter, such as the pipe | character), and the parse the string
back into individual values in the second form's Load event procedure.

Or you could have the second form read the values directly from the first
form, if the first form is still open; again, I'd use the second form's Load
event procedure.

Or you could have the first form write the values into textboxes on the
second form.

And there are other ways. You'll need to give us more information about what
you're wanting to do in this situation.
--

        Ken Snell
<MS ACCESS MVP>

"Maurita" <maurita56@aol.com> wrote in message
> Hi, hope someone can help with passing two values from one form to
> another by way of a command button.  I have spent a week on various
> code taken from this site, but still no luck.  Please ... someone help!!
>
> The form I am passing values from is called PATIENT HISTORY-Form.  On
> this form, I need to pass a date from a field called DateSFESigned and
> I also need to pass information collected from a Combo box, Combo91.
>
> The command button is called Command119.
>
> The form that the values are being passed to is called Personal Habits-
> Form.
>
> Thank you in advance for any help on this matter.
>
> Maurita Searcy

0
Ken
4/13/2007 2:34:23 AM
Maurita,
   Assuming your going from Main form to Main form, and both forms are open.
   (You did not indicate what fields you were going to on the second form)
   Private Sub Command119_Click
        Forms![Personal Habits-Form]![SomeFieldName] = Forms![Patient
History-Form]![DateSFESigned]
        Forms![Personal Habits-Form]![SomeFieldName] = Forms![Patient
History-Form]![Combo91]
        Refresh   'optional
   End Sub

   Suggestion: You should avoid spaces in your object names (frmPersonalHabits instead of
[Personal Habits-Form])
and use names that are meaningful (cboSelectItem instead of Combo91)  Object names with no
spaces don't require bracketing, and meaningful names will help you read and understand
your code.

--
hth
Al Campagna . Candia Computer Consulting . Candia, NH USA

"Find a job that you love, and you'll never work a day in your life."

"Maurita" <maurita56@aol.com> wrote in message
> Hi, hope someone can help with passing two values from one form to
> another by way of a command button.  I have spent a week on various
> code taken from this site, but still no luck.  Please ... someone help!!
>
> The form I am passing values from is called PATIENT HISTORY-Form.  On
> this form, I need to pass a date from a field called DateSFESigned and
> I also need to pass information collected from a Combo box, Combo91.
>
> The command button is called Command119.
>
> The form that the values are being passed to is called Personal Habits-
> Form.
>
> Thank you in advance for any help on this matter.
>
> Maurita Searcy

0
Al
4/13/2007 2:43:26 AM
On Apr 12, 9:43=EF=BF=BDpm, "Al Campagna" <alcampagna@msnewsgroups> wrote:
> Maurita,
> =A0 =A0Assuming your going from Main form to Main form, and both forms ar=
e open.
> =A0 =A0(You did not indicate what fields you were going to on the second =
form)
> =A0 =A0Private Sub Command119_Click
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Forms![Personal Habits-Form]![SomeFieldName] =3D Forms![P=
atient
> History-Form]![DateSFESigned]
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Forms![Personal Habits-Form]![SomeFieldName] =3D Forms![P=
atient
> History-Form]![Combo91]
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Refresh =A0 'optional
> =A0 =A0End Sub
>
> =A0 =A0Suggestion: You should avoid spaces in your object names (frmPerso=
nalHabits instead of
> [Personal Habits-Form])
> and use names that are meaningful (cboSelectItem instead of Combo91) =A0O=
bject names with no
> spaces don't require bracketing, and meaningful names will help you read =
and understand
> your code.
>
> --
> hth
> Al Campagna . Candia Computer Consulting . Candia, NH USA
> Microsoft Access MVPhttp://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions
>
> "Find a job that you love, and you'll never work a day in your life."
>
> "Maurita" <maurit...@aol.com> wrote in message

> > Hi, hope someone can help with passing two values from one form to
> > another by way of a command button. =A0I have spent a week on various
> > code taken from this site, but still no luck. =A0Please ... someone hel=
p!!

> > The form I am passing values from is called PATIENT HISTORY-Form. =A0On
> > this form, I need to pass a date from a field called DateSFESigned and
> > I also need to pass information collected from a Combo box, Combo91.
>
> > The command button is called Command119.
>
> > The form that the values are being passed to is called Personal Habits-
> > Form.
>
> > Thank you in advance for any help on this matter.
>
> >MauritaSearcy- Hide quoted text -

Thank you so much for your help.  I will work on your suggestions and
let you know how it works.  Again, thanks.

0
Maurita
4/13/2007 4:23:49 AM
On Apr 12, 11:23=EF=BF=BDpm, "Maurita" <maurit...@aol.com> wrote:
> On Apr 12, 9:43?pm, "Al Campagna" <alcampagna@msnewsgroups> wrote:
>

> >Maurita,
> > ? ?Assuming your going from Main form to Main form, and both forms are =
open.
> > ? ?(You did not indicate what fields you were going to on the second fo=
rm)
> > ? ?Private Sub Command119_Click
> > ? ? ? ? Forms![Personal Habits-Form]![SomeFieldName] =3D Forms![Patient
> > History-Form]![DateSFESigned]
> > ? ? ? ? Forms![Personal Habits-Form]![SomeFieldName] =3D Forms![Patient
> > History-Form]![Combo91]
> > ? ? ? ? Refresh ? 'optional
> > ? ?End Sub
>
> > ? ?Suggestion: You should avoid spaces in your object names (frmPersona=
lHabits instead of
> > [Personal Habits-Form])
> > and use names that are meaningful (cboSelectItem instead of Combo91) ?O=
bject names with no
> > spaces don't require bracketing, and meaningful names will help you rea=
d and understand
> > your code.
>
> > --
> > hth
> > Al Campagna . Candia Computer Consulting . Candia, NH USA
> > Microsoft Access MVPhttp://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions
>
> > "Find a job that you love, and you'll never work a day in your life."
>
> > "Maurita" <maurit...@aol.com> wrote in message

> > > Hi, hope someone can help with passing two values from one form to
> > > another by way of a command button. ?I have spent a week on various
> > > code taken from this site, but still no luck. ?Please ... someone hel=
p!!

> > > The form I am passing values from is called PATIENT HISTORY-Form. ?On
> > > this form, I need to pass a date from a field called DateSFESigned and
> > > I also need to pass information collected from a Combo box, Combo91.
>
> > > The command button is called Command119.
>
> > > The form that the values are being passed to is called Personal Habit=
s-
> > > Form.
>
> > > Thank you in advance for any help on this matter.
>
> > >MauritaSearcy- Hide quoted text -

> Thank you so much for your help. =A0I will work on your suggestions and
> let you know how it works. =A0Again, thanks.- Hide quoted text -

Thank you again for your help but I have a problem.  For some reason,
I keep getting an error "Switchboard can't find the form", but the
form is in the database and I checked to be sure it is workable, which
it is.  What do you suggest.  My code is as follows:

Private Sub Command114_Click()

Forms![frmPersonalHabits]![PHDate] =3D Forms![frmPatientHistory]!
[DateSFESigned]
Forms![frmPersonalHabits]![Combo91] =3D Forms![frmPatientHistory]!
[Combo91]
Refresh
End Sub

Thank you.

Maurita Searcy

0
Maurita
4/13/2007 12:43:04 PM
On Apr 12, 11:23?pm, "Maurita" <maurit...@aol.com> wrote:
> On Apr 12, 9:43?pm, "Al Campagna" <alcampagna@msnewsgroups> wrote:
>

> >Maurita,
> > ? ?Assuming your going from Main form to Main form, and both forms are open.
> > ? ?(You did not indicate what fields you were going to on the second form)
> > ? ?Private Sub Command119_Click
> > ? ? ? ? Forms![Personal Habits-Form]![SomeFieldName] = Forms![Patient
> > History-Form]![DateSFESigned]
> > ? ? ? ? Forms![Personal Habits-Form]![SomeFieldName] = Forms![Patient
> > History-Form]![Combo91]
> > ? ? ? ? Refresh ? 'optional
> > ? ?End Sub
>
> > ? ?Suggestion: You should avoid spaces in your object names (frmPersonalHabits instead
> > of
> > [Personal Habits-Form])
> > and use names that are meaningful (cboSelectItem instead of Combo91) ?Object names
> > with no
> > spaces don't require bracketing, and meaningful names will help you read and
> > understand
> > your code.
>
> > --
> > hth
> > Al Campagna . Candia Computer Consulting . Candia, NH USA
> > Microsoft Access MVPhttp://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions
>
> > "Find a job that you love, and you'll never work a day in your life."
>
> > "Maurita" <maurit...@aol.com> wrote in message

> > > Hi, hope someone can help with passing two values from one form to
> > > another by way of a command button. ?I have spent a week on various
> > > code taken from this site, but still no luck. ?Please ... someone help!!
>
> > > The form I am passing values from is called PATIENT HISTORY-Form. ?On
> > > this form, I need to pass a date from a field called DateSFESigned and
> > > I also need to pass information collected from a Combo box, Combo91.
>
> > > The command button is called Command119.
>
> > > The form that the values are being passed to is called Personal Habits-
> > > Form.
>
> > > Thank you in advance for any help on this matter.
>
> > >MauritaSearcy- Hide quoted text -

> Thank you so much for your help. I will work on your suggestions and
> let you know how it works. Again, thanks.- Hide quoted text -

Thank you again for your help but I have a problem.  For some reason,
I keep getting an error "Switchboard can't find the form", but the
form is in the database and I checked to be sure it is workable, which
it is.  What do you suggest.  My code is as follows:

Private Sub Command114_Click()

Forms![frmPersonalHabits]![PHDate] = Forms![frmPatientHistory]!
[DateSFESigned]
Forms![frmPersonalHabits]![Combo91] = Forms![frmPatientHistory]!
[Combo91]
Refresh
End Sub

Thank you.

Maurita Searcy
-------------------------------
Maurita,
   From my first post...
>Assuming your going from Main form to Main form, and both forms are open.
  Both forms need to be open at the time this code runs, and you should be on
frmPatientHistory when it fires... and having just entered values in both controls.

  If those forms aren't open, and your not on the specific record you want to copy the
values from, how would Access know what record, and what values in the History
recordset... to transfer to Habits?

--
hth
Al Campagna . Candia Computer Consulting . Candia, NH USA
Microsoft Access MVP
http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions

"Find a job that you love, and you'll never work a day in your life."

0
Al
4/13/2007 1:24:38 PM
On Apr 13, 8:24=EF=BF=BDam, "Al Campagna" <alcampagna@msnewsgroups> wrote:
> [...]
> =A0 =A0From my first post...>Assuming your going from Main form to Main f=
orm, and both forms are open.

> =A0 Both forms need to be open at the time this code runs, and you should=
 be on
> frmPatientHistory when it fires... and having just entered values in both=
 controls.

> =A0 If those forms aren't open, and your not on the specific record you w=
ant to copy the
> values from, how would Access know what record, and what values in the Hi=
story
> recordset... to transfer to Habits?
>
> --
> hth
> Al Campagna . Candia Computer Consulting . Candia, NH USA
> Microsoft Access MVPhttp://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions
>
> "Find a job that you love, and you'll never work a day in your life."- Hi=

Al,

Thanks for your reply. The Main form is frmPatientHistory, which has
the command button that calls up frmPersonalHabits.  I do want the
main form frmPatientHistory to remain open because as soon as
frmPersonalHabits is completed, the user will click on another command
button to return to the main form frmPatientHistory.  I entered
information into the frmPatientHistory and clicked the command button
with the code written above, but I still have the same "Switchboard
Can't Find Form" error.  If I click on the form outside the
switchboard, it opens fine.  I am at a loss as to what is going on.

Thank you.

Maurita

0
Maurita
4/13/2007 2:01:38 PM
On Apr 13, 8:24?am, "Al Campagna" <alcampagna@msnewsgroups> wrote:
> [...]
> Al Campagna . Candia Computer Consulting . Candia, NH USA
> Microsoft Access MVPhttp://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions
>
> "Find a job that you love, and you'll never work a day in your life."- Hide quoted
> text -

Al,

Thanks for your reply. The Main form is frmPatientHistory, which has
the command button that calls up frmPersonalHabits.  I do want the
main form frmPatientHistory to remain open because as soon as
frmPersonalHabits is completed, the user will click on another command
button to return to the main form frmPatientHistory.  I entered
information into the frmPatientHistory and clicked the command button
with the code written above, but I still have the same "Switchboard
Can't Find Form" error.  If I click on the form outside the
switchboard, it opens fine.  I am at a loss as to what is going on.

Sorry, I never use Switchboards, so I don't think I can help you there.  To me, they are
more trouble than they are worth.
I build a form and place my own buttons and code behind them.
I'm a bit "confoosed"... as to why a button on a form involves a switchboard at all.  My
code is meant to be placed in the form's VBA module.
Try creating a new button on the form, and place my code behind the On_Click event.

Make sure you use your own object names in your code, not my example names, and... if you
use spaces in your names, make sure ALL references to that object are bracketed.
Otherwise, you'll have to go into your switchboard and try to find out why it can't find
your code objects.

--
hth
Al Campagna . Candia Computer Consulting . Candia, NH USA
Microsoft Access MVP
http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions

"Find a job that you love, and you'll never work a day in your life."

0
Al

Is It Possible To Pass Parameters to A Pass Through Query
My assumption is that's it's not. At work I use ODBC to connect to our oracle database with Access 2003. There are cases where using a pass through query runs much much faster and I then use it in a make table query to make a local table. In access you can use brackets [] to have it ask for input. May I assume there is no way to do anything like that in a pass through query? Create a PassThrough query and use code to assign the SQL to this query filtering it with a parameter, and then run it e.g Dim MyVariable As Integer MyVariable = InputBox("Please select a Number&quo...

Avoid drawing blank values
Hello, Can you tell me if there is a way to plot only non-blanked values from a table: F.e. if: X= 1,2,3,4 Y=10, ,10,10 (so no value for x=2) I want to obtain a continuous line going from the first point (1,10) to the third point (3,10) and then of course to (4,10). Thanks in advance for your help, Iv�n ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 10:52:34 -0500, ivarela1 = <ivarela1.woqln@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote: > Can you t...

accessing data from another document or tab
Is there any way to run functions with a range from a seperate page o tab in the same document -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi sure. e.g. =SUM('othersheetname'!A1:A100) Just enter the foormula name and select the range with your mouse (also on a different worksheet) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Is there any way to run functions with a range from a seperate page or > tab in the same document? > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Pass multiple selected values from list box to table
How do I pass multiple selected values from a list box to a table? I've found code to use the values as criteria in a query but would now like to store the values in a table (at least temporarily) thanks in advance. jack Pass selected values from a list box to a table? I don't really think you want to do this. Can you describe more about what you are trying to accomplish? You just store raw data in a table. You don't store manipulated data in a table. Maybe you need a query to do what you want to do... -- Ryan--- If this information was helpful, please indi...

Require value for "regarding" in Outlook email promotion?
We want the Outlook client to require users to select a value (contact, account, etc.) for the "regarding" field when an email is promoted. If I customize the CRM “email” entity so that its “regardingobjectid” attribute is “Business Required”, will that do the trick? ...

Chart of frequences of values
Hello, How can I create chart of value�s frequences according to a frequenc table? (see attachement) Thanks a lot +------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: graph.JPG |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3691 +------------------------------------------------------------------- -- balcovj ----------------------------------------------------------------------- balcovja's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2623 View this thread: http://www....

attn: Gord, one thing I can't figure out!
Gord: That works perfectly, thank-you!!! Now, being the amateur that I am, I don't see a simple way to alter which column the macro affects (technically, I need column C to be auto-uppercased), and instead of me screwing around inside your module, I figured I'd ask. Jacob "Gord Dibben" <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote in message news:t3fje0luv1ch2d1g357hftvujfhldf0dh6@4ax.com... > Jacob > > Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) > If Target.Column > 1 Then Exit Sub > On Error GoTo ErrHandler > Application.EnableEvents =...

PivotTable buttons remembers old unactual values
I have discovered that buttons in the row area remembers old values not longer existing in the data. Ex: I have 4 persons with initials "aaa", "bbb", "ccc" and "ddd" I have the Initial button in the row area. When I click on the arrow of the "Initial"-button, it gives me the possibilities: "(Show all)", "aaa", "bbb", "ccc" and "ddd". If I change initial "ddd" to "xxx", refresh the pivot table and again click on the arrow of the "Initial"-button, it gives me the p...

Do not display Value label if value = zero
Hi I am putting together a pie chart, where values for some slices is 'zero'. The zero slice is not visible, but the label still appears '0%'. Is there any way of suppressing this label for the zero slice only (so the other slices still have value labels appearing) ? Many thanks for any help Format label, custom format: #;;; -- Best Regards, Luke M "LFNFan" <LFNFan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CC677569-1FB1-4108-8535-C5BDC6E1B825@microsoft.com... > Hi > > I am putting together a pie chart, where values ...

Use combo to display record on subform?
I am fine with using a combo to find a record on a form, and display all the details about the chosen record in a number of controls. But the very same design doesn't work if it is all on a subform on a tab page. I can select the value in the combo (the name, for example) but the address data doesn't pull through into the address controls. How can I achieve this? Many thanks CW CW, CW wrote: > But the very same design doesn't work ... What "very same design" is that? Can you give a bit more detail about what and how you are doing this please? -- Steve Schapel...

Data Dictionary with sample values
hi guys, I am going to create a data dictionary of our systems as I am sick of trying to find out what columns have been called in different tables. There is a hundred ways to do this but I am going to use INFORMATION_SCHEMA.COLUMNS to get the database, schema, table, column, type and length. So far so good. I also want the data dictionary to contain 'sample' data for each column so that you can see the types of values that are held in it. A query that looks something like this does the trick.. [code] SELECT TOP 5 * FROM ( SELECT Myfield as 'field',...

Finding value
I have a user form where the user enters a site number. in the spreadsheet i have a range names "ValidSites". After the user enters a site number and clicks on a button, i would like to validate that that site appears in the ValidSites list. onclick event() if txtSiteNumber is found in Range(ValidSites) then msgbox("found") else msgbox("notfound") endif endsub what would be the code for the if statement? thanks in advance -- tkaplan ------------------------------------------------------------------------ tkaplan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/memb...

SUM 2 fields and show the result in another
Hi; I need sum 2 field values(textboxes) and show the resul in another field. I´m programming this, but not work.. OnChange { var value1 = crmForm.all.estimatedvalue.DataValue; var value2 = crmForm.all.CFCMonto_de_Venta_Servicio.DataValue; var result = value1 + value2; crmForm.all.actualvalue.Datavalue= result; } What is wrong?, How is? Miguel Have you forgotten to use the complete custom field schema names including prefix eg:- crmForm.all.actualvalue.Datavalue should actually be crmForm.all.new_actualvalue.Datavalue (if new_ is your custom attribute prefix) Peter "...

Uneditable Form
I set up a recurring email form with some code from slipstick systems used in conjection with task scheduler. It used to work fine. I've done something that changed this. I've changed and deleted some personal folders and I also attempted to edit the form. Anywhow I find now that I can find the form, but, when I select tools>forms>design a form and select it the form is sent rather that being brought up in a edit window. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance ...

Conditional values
I am looking for a formula that would accomplish the following: the entering of an alpha value in a cell would trigger populating the adjacent cell with a numeric value, i.e. entering 'Y' in cell A1 would automatically populate cell B1 with '1' (I use column B as a counter). Thank you. One way: B1: =IF(A1="Y",1,0) or, equivalently B1: =--(A1="Y") but depending on what you're doing, you can get a count of "Y"s in Column A using =COUNTIF(A:A,"Y") In article <E6DC0B82-515F-4488-AF0B-FE990B9BE714@microsoft.com&...

Send options for one receipent
I'd like to set one email receipent's send options to be different from others. When I start an email for this user I can go into options and set it's priority, a different reply address, etc. I want this to be the same for the receipent all the time. Is there away I can set a default for this? Hi M.Siler, TOOLS | EMAIL ACCOUNTS | View or change existing Accounts | There you can change the default account. Is this what you asking for? -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den Newsgroup antworten damit jeder etwas davon hat. Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de...

CMFCPropertyGridCtrl
Hi All, I have an MFC application with a TreeView and a CDockablePane Properties Window. When I select a tree item - I display its properties in the properties window. That works. But I don't know how to change the tree item properties when I change the values in the properties window. My problem is in getting the values from the properties grid. I tried to override EndEditItem method like this: BOOL CMyMFCPropertyGridCtrl::EndEditItem(BOOL bUpdateData) { CMFCPropertyGridProperty* currProperty = GetCurSel(); if(currProperty) { //I don't like this implementa...

copy date from one column to another
I want to copy data from one column to another column, but add the copied value to existing data. The field I'm copying from contains dates. The field I'm copying to contains text. For example: Before the copy: Column A Column B 3/21/2008 Lorem Ipsum dolor...etc. After copy: Column B Lorem Ipsum dolor...etc. Date in: 3/21/2008 How can I accomplish this? Thanks for any help. Regards. Sub addtocolb() For Each c In Range("a2:a4") c.Offset(, 1) = c.Offset(, 1) & _ " Date in: " & Format(c, "mm/dd/yyyy&...

How to pass an object from C++
Hello! We have a C# asp.net web application that is using a COM dll We use the tlbimp to be able to use the COM dll from C# asp.net web application The method InitRules shown below is located in the COM dll. It can be seen below the text Original. Method InitRules below is called from C# but we want to pass an object of type Handle_DS in addition to all the other parameters. You can see the modified InitRules below marked Modified Note the object of type Handle_DS is a C++ object that is created from C# asp.net application and pass into the InitRules I have also copied the whole idl fil...

Formula to determine row of hi value filtered column
Hi all Trying to see if its possible for a formula to return the row # of the highest or lowest visible value in an autofiltered range. Thanks Richard -- rgarber50 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ rgarber50's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=11350 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=401821 ...

Setting a value on a main form from a subform
All, Am I correct in assuming the way to set the value of a control on the main form from a subform is: Me.Parent.ControlName.Value = "XXX" Obviously it isn't because I continue to receive errors when I try to access the control. Thanks in advance. - CES CES wrote: > All, > Am I correct in assuming the way to set the value of a control on the > main form from a subform is: > > Me.Parent.ControlName.Value = "XXX" > > Obviously it isn't because I continue to receive errors when I try to > access the control. > > Thanks in advance...

Checking a forms fields for null
Hi All, I can think of a few ways to accomplish this, but would like to know of a better way. just like when you fill out forms on the web if the field is mandatory it pops up a msg say somthing like "This field isn't optional" if it is left blank. What is the best way to do this in access on a form? I'm using now: if ISNull(myFeild1) then msgbox"Please fill in myFeild1" end if If ISNull(myFeild2) then msgbox"Please fill in myFeild2" end if if ISNull(myFeild3) then msgbox"Please fill in myFeild3" end if I use s...

linking multiple charts from one xcl workbook
I have a ppt presentation that uses six different charts that I created in an excel workbook. I want the charts in the ppt to update every time I enter data into the excel worksheet but when I use the link function "insert->object" it ends up putting the same chart on all the ppt slides rather than the one slide it needs to be on. Any help is appreciated. Insert Object From File inserts the active sheet at the time the file was last saved, or the active sheet at the time the object was inserted, if it is active in Excel at that time. I would recommend that you copy the cha...

Preventing user altering cell except to delete the value.
Is there a way to stop a user altering the value in a cell but still allow him to delete the value there-in? Rob One way: Put this event macro in your worksheet code module (right-click on the worksheet tab and choose View Code): Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) Const cVALUE As Double = 100 With Target If .Address(False, False) = "A1" Then _ If Not IsEmpty(.Value) Then .Value = cVALUE End With End Sub Change cVALUE and the address of your cell to suit. In article <uCkCXD4uDHA.1680@TK2MSFT...

100% Passing Guaranteed in All I.T. Exams/Certifications at 1st Attempt Hi Friends, To pass all types of I.T Exams/Certifications with mind blowing results in 1st attempt just visit http://www.itreal
100% Passing Guaranteed in All I.T. Exams/Certifications at 1st Attempt Hi Friends, To pass all types of I.T Exams/Certifications with mind blowing results in 1st attempt just visit http://www.itrealexams.com/ and get real time Q&As, Brain Dumps, Real Exams, Study material, E-Books, Video Exams and Labs for your all type of I.T Certification Exams. ...