Pass value to form

How do I pass the value from one from to another?

I have a form that I want to pass the value in one field to a form that is
opened by pressing a button.

Thanks
Matt

--
Matt Campbell
mattc (at) saunatec [dot] com

mattc66

Are you trying to have the second form open to a specific record based on the
value of the control in the first form, or are you trying to actually insert
a value into a control on the second form?

"mattc66 via AccessMonster.com" wrote:

> How do I pass the value from one from to another?
>
> I have a form that I want to pass the value in one field to a form that is
> opened by pressing a button.
>
> Thanks
> Matt
>
> --
> Matt Campbell
> mattc (at) saunatec [dot] com

I want to insert a value into a control on the second form.

--
Matt Campbell
mattc (at) saunatec [dot] com

mattc66

Capture the current position of a form after user moves it
I'm working in Access 2003. I have a request from the users that they want to be able to move forms in the application but have the application "remember" the location and always reopen the form in that position for them. I've thought of MoveSize referencing values saved in a table but how do I capture the current position of the form when it is closed? It's probably something simple that I'm overlooking... Hi. > how do I capture > the current position of the form when it is closed? Use the code from the Knowledge Base article on the following Web page: ...

Execute Form Script During Import
I have an Onsave event that I want to fire during lead import. The Onsave populates a custom territory field based on the Zip. The trouble is that I want to assign the record automatically through a workflow.based on the territory, but I can't because the admin would have to open and save every record in the import set to get the territory populated. You can't fire javascript on the form without opening the form up. To do what you want, you'll need to move the logic into a workflow or a plug-in and have it execute at the server side. Shafraz -- Visit my blog: http:/...

Summing values in same cell separated by #
Hi! I need to sum up the values in a cell that are separated by #. A cell looks something like this: 3#3,4#5#6#9 I need to have the sum of this in another cell 26,4 What's the simplest way of solving this problem? Thanks for your help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi 1. Be sure you have at lest as much empty adjacent columns as you have different values in any of cells. When there isn't enough free columns, add them; 2. Select cells (in column) with your data strings, and then Data.TextToColumns from menu. Set delimiter to "#" and finish; 3. You have ...

Item value list and snapshot cost report
Hi everyone, Whats the difference between the item value list and the snapshot cost report? My total cost value for a branch shows 17,000 on the snapshot report but 52,000 on the item value report at HQ and branch even after running a 501 and a 190? Surely these should not be different? Thanks The Snapshot Cost canned report should never have summed the Cost column, since that would only be meaningful if each item in the store had quantity of one. The custom report Item Value uses the Extended Cost field to show cost * quantity for each item, which will sum for an accurate total of t...

unable to enter data on form. help?
I have created a form using a relationship between two tables. This was to be a data entry form but when I try to enter data nothing happens. The cursor moves to the first field but typing doesn't result in data appearing on the screen. I could do with some help It sounds like you have based the form on a non-updatable query. For a list of why this might be so, see: Why is my query read-only? at: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-61.html There are other possible explanations, e.g.: - you set the form's AllowEdits property to No - you set the form's Recordset Type property to...

Formatting detail records based on a field value not shown in the report
Hi. What's the general syntax for formatting report detail controls' forecolor based on the value of a field in the report's data source that isn't shown? Background: My report's data source includes a field called IS_HIGHLIGHTED (yes/no data type). I want to highlight the forecolor of several detail section controls red if the user checks IS- HIGHLIGHTED for a record in the underlying table. Is this a Detail_Print action or a Detail_Format action...? Thanks! Tom wrote: >Hi. What's the general syntax for formatting report detail controls' >forecolor b...

Format cell in column B based on value in the next cell (column c)
I did a basic select all from one application & pasted it into Excel (starting a cell A1). How do I conditionally format Column C based on the value in Column B? What I'm looking for is: If the row value in Column B = 1, then ident the Column C 1 time. If the row value in Column B = 2, then ident the Column C 2 times. etc. To make things worse: the range of data keeps changing (it may be 200 rows one week & 800 rows the next). Hi Nicole AFAIK you'll have to use a macro for this as conditional formatting does not allow for indents. Is a macro solution acceptable? Cheer...

Print a report from a form based on a query
I have a form that I enter a parameter and run a query which pulls anywhere from 1-???? records. After these records are displayed, I have the option of printing them (as a report) from a print command button which I can't get to work. My form has a header with an Equip code and multiple detail lines. This code is passed to a query which would run and pull my data again as the report has more data in the online form. My problem is that this isn't getting to the report. Am I making this more complicated than it has to be. On Fri, 14 May 2010 12:57:01 -0700, Mommybear ...

Automate bar chart color based on value postive or negative
Is there way to automate a bar chart color based on value postive or negative. for example if the value is postive change the bar chart color to green, if the value is negative change the bar chart color to red. Hi, I have some instructions on how to get the invert if negative option to work as expected. http://www.andypope.info/charts/Invertneg.htm Cheers Andy kathy wrote: > Is there way to automate a bar chart color based on value postive or > negative. for example if the value is postive change the bar chart color to > green, if the value is negative change the bar chart...

Using a form to run a report?
Hi, Looked low and high for a basic tutorial on how to make use a form to enter some "field criterias" and from there run a report. That is, I have already created a report that uses an underlying query, and now I would like to make a form that change some of the queries field criterias and then run the report (using the changed criterias). But I need a kick-start, so any help much appreciated! Kindly, Mikael On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 07:32:03 -0800, Mikael Lindqvist wrote: > Hi, > > Looked low and high for a basic tutorial on how to make use a form to enter > some &q...

Trying to total the column values in my chart?
Hi !! I am using the Stacked Column with a 3-d visual effect chart. I am charting 6 months worth of numbers with 5 values in each column. I would like to add up the totals in each column of my chart to make a heading (or something). Can this be done? Thanks ! K8T Hi, The last section of this page shows you how to add a total to a 3-d stack. http://www.andypope.info/charts/StackColTotal.htm Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "K8T" <K8T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:35E21028-5057-4B86-9725-2324FF5DA718@micr...

Forms and Controls
Hey, I can do this Debug.Print Forms(1).Controls("txtBox").MaxLength but I can't seem to do this Debug.Print Forms("frmMain").Controls("txtBox").MaxLength Is there a syntax to access form objects by name rather than by index? TIA Charlie It happens that Charlie formulated : > Hey, I can do this > > Debug.Print Forms(1).Controls("txtBox").MaxLength > > but I can't seem to do this > > Debug.Print Forms("frmMain").Controls("txtBox").MaxLength > > Is there a syntax to access fo...

Color Cell based on value
Is there simple way to color a cell based on its value be it calculated or entered? Like: Cell Yellow if between 1-17 Cell Green if + - 6 of 100 Cell Red if => 117 The idea is to highlight certain situations that need attention. I'd prefer NOT to use macros or VBA but a formula that is entered into the range of cells, if possible. Any thing thats not in the criteria above would be left unchanged. Thanks in advance. Hi use Format - Conditional Format for this -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany <xxnonexnonexx@tampascanner.info> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:ept0s0...

Array Constant: How do I reference each value in a formula
I have an array constant {1000,1.2,2%} in cell A1 S = 1000 P = 1.2 R = 2% How do I reference the array constant to create this formula: =(S/P)-((S/P)*R) Hi, I can't duplicate your entry. First, to be an array it must be entered starting with an = for example ={1,2,3} Second, you show the last argument as 2% - Excel won't accept the % in and array entry. Maybe you are typing {1000,1.2,2%} into the cell? If so, it is not an array, its just a bunch of text. You could enter it as ={1000,1.2,0.02} -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "notso" wrote: > I have an array co...

Condensed form of Edit Lists
Hi all! Has anyone modified GP Edit lists to get rid of extra spaces? Please let me know. Thanks. -- Marisol Mortera ...

Default Value =Date$() in UK Date Format
I have a form with a date field and want to populate it with the current date using the =Date$() in the default value field. Unfortunately this uses the US date format (mmddyy) and I need it to be in the UK format (ddmmyy). Regional settings are set to UK on the PC. Can anyone please advise me how to acheive this as I can't find any reference to it anywhere on the web! =Date() Should use your regional setting Jon "Shugwan" <Shugwan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C07ACAC6-6139-4667-B839-89D386B05EA0@microsoft.com... >I have a for...

Using an Excel form for use in Access
Hi, I am creating a grade book database with many different components. I am now doing the attendance section and I created an attendance form that lists all of the days of the quarter and then tallies the days absent, tardy etc. I copied this form into Access and it looks great. Here is my problem. I noticed that when I use design view I can double click on the form and it opens to change or add data. I want it to do that when it runs normally. Is this possible to run an auto activate when the form runs normally? Thanks for your help in advance. ...

Form Size 03-29-07
I have a database that when it opens, a macro automatically opens the main form and maximizes that form. I would like that form to always stay maximized. There are several other small forms that open from the main form. Whenever they open the main form restores to a window. Is there a way to set the main form so that it is always maximized? Terry It sounds as though you've got code that resizes the other forms that are opening. You can't have some "normal" size and others maximized. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) ...

VB to search a value in an array from a sheet then write another c
I have problem that has bugged me for the last 2 weeks which looks like can not be handled by excel function, since excel formula can not facilitate to write a value to another cell. # Condition -> workbook consist of 5 sheets --> sheet1 contain list of text composed of 4-5 characters (AAAA, ASDF, ABCD3, ...etc) listed vertically ....|...A...| 1 | ASDF 2 | AHGI9 3 | AERT 4 | ... .... --> sheet2 contain list of 4-chars possibilities from AAAA-AZZZ. [] A.......B.........C ========================================== 1|......|...A...|...B...| ... ----------------...

How to convert to absolute value?
Hello! How do I convert numbers to absolute value? Thanks Edit - Copy. Edit - PasteSpecial - Values - OK. Or do you want a code solution ? HTH. Best wishes Harald "Betsy Marlow" <cmarlow22@bellsouth.net> skrev i melding news:5WmHg.12873$j8.11911@bignews7.bellsouth.net... > Hello! > > How do I convert numbers to absolute value? > > Thanks > > Print abs(-12) 12 On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 15:16:31 -0400, "Betsy Marlow" <cmarlow22@bellsouth.net> wrote: >Hello! > >How do I convert numbers to absolute value? > >Thanks >...

Order Form
I have created an order form which has several worksheets for various product lines. We are emailing these as an order form (several hundred line items). When we get these orders back via email, we would like to be able to run a macro to eliminate lines with no value thus leaving us with only the lines with orders on them. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Morning Scott, Without knowing the data is organized, I'm assuming in a table format, you can use the Autofilter command under Data>>Filter>>AutoFilter. This is the simplest and most straight-forward way of filt...

Exclude Hidden Row Values
Is there a way to exclude counting values in a total when rows are hidden and including them when they are not hidden in a COUNT, COUNTIF, and COUNTA formula? Thank yoiu for any help. -- Dewayne What version of Excel are you using? If you're using Excel 2003 or later you can use the SUBTOTAL function with the 100 series arguments. -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Dewayne" <Dewayne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D5E5D81A-2C83-4879-9F82-5EC3925144C1@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to exclude counting values in a total when rows are...

Lock fill in form fields from further edits
Is it possible to lock a fill in box in a form so that no new changes can be made. Depends what the form was created in "dot dreaming" <dot dreaming@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FAA6367C-F670-448A-8A73-B1328234F558@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to lock a fill in box in a form so that no new changes can > be > made. ...

copying autonumber value in one field to other tables
i have a database designed with 4 tables linked only by the customer id# which should remain constant. i cannot figure out how to program this to copy the customer id# from the main table to the linked tables. can anyone help?? if not i might go bald. You've described what you want to do, but not why. Why do you think the CustomerID belongs in the four linked tables? What is the relationship between your main table and the linked tables? What kind of data are you storing in these tables? More specific description will probably result in more specific suggestions. Regards Jeff Bo...

Cannot delete checkboxes from form
My forms are suddenly quite uneditable. I am only halfway through creating them and now I cannot cut or delete anything from it. Nothing! The properties give no hints as to why all the forms are now seemingly locked. (As Dave Attell once said) Helpo! Helpo! -- Dr. M On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 07:04:01 -0700, Dr. M <DrM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >My forms are suddenly quite uneditable. I am only halfway through creating >them and now I cannot cut or delete anything from it. Nothing! The properties >give no hints as to why all the forms are now seemingly locked. > &g...