Option Group question 03-19-08

I have an option group with 3 choices and next to each choice I have a
textbox ( 3 in all). I imagine this is simple, but I'd like to have
for whatever checkbox in the optiongroup that is chosen the textbox to
the right of it be enabled, while the other two are disabled.

optiongroup name is OptGroupFreight
optionvalue 1 is check52 textbox is FreightTLQuantity
optionvalue 2 is check54 textbox is FreighthalfLTLQuantity
optionvalue 3 is check56 textbox is FreightthirdLTLQuantity

Thanks in advance.

Ryan
0
ryan

You might use something like this in the current event of your form;

Me.FreightTLQuantity.Enabled = Me.OptGroupFreight = 1
Me.FreighthalfLTLQuantity.Enabled = Me.OptGroupFreight = 2
Me.FreightthirdLTLQuantity.Enabled = Me.OptGroupFreight = 3
--
_________

Sean Bailey

"ryan.fitzpatrick3@safeway.com" wrote:

> I have an option group with 3 choices and next to each choice I have a
> textbox ( 3 in all). I imagine this is simple, but I'd like to have
> for whatever checkbox in the optiongroup that is chosen the textbox to
> the right of it be enabled, while the other two are disabled.
>
> optiongroup name is OptGroupFreight
> optionvalue 1 is check52 textbox is FreightTLQuantity
> optionvalue 2 is check54 textbox is FreighthalfLTLQuantity
> optionvalue 3 is check56 textbox is FreightthirdLTLQuantity
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Ryan

Private Sub OptGroupFreight_AfterUpdate()
  Select Case OptGroupFreight
   Case 1
     FreightTLQuantity.Enabled = True
     FreighthalfLTLQuantity.Enabled = False
     FreightthirdLTLQuantity.Enabled = False

   Case 2
     FreighthalfLTLQuantity.Enabled = True
     FreightTLQuantity.Enabled = False
     FreightthirdLTLQuantity.Enabled = False

   Case 3
     FreightthirdLTLQuantity.Enabled = True
     FreightTLQuantity.Enabled = False
     FreighthalfLTLQuantity.Enabled = False
  End Select
End Sub
Private Sub Form_Current()
Select Case OptGroupFreight
   Case 1
     FreightTLQuantity.Enabled = True
     FreighthalfLTLQuantity.Enabled = False
     FreightthirdLTLQuantity.Enabled = False

   Case 2
     FreighthalfLTLQuantity.Enabled = True
     FreightTLQuantity.Enabled = False
     FreightthirdLTLQuantity.Enabled = False

   Case 3
     FreightthirdLTLQuantity.Enabled = True
     FreightTLQuantity.Enabled = False
     FreighthalfLTLQuantity.Enabled = False
  End Select

End Sub

Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003

Linq
3/19/2008 7:09:33 PM
Thank you Mr. Adams that did the trick!

On Mar 19, 12:09 pm, "Linq Adams via AccessMonster.com" <u28780@uwe>
wrote:
> Private Sub OptGroupFreight_AfterUpdate()
>   Select Case OptGroupFreight
>    Case 1
>      FreightTLQuantity.Enabled = True
>      FreighthalfLTLQuantity.Enabled = False
>      FreightthirdLTLQuantity.Enabled = False
>
>    Case 2
>      FreighthalfLTLQuantity.Enabled = True
>      FreightTLQuantity.Enabled = False
>      FreightthirdLTLQuantity.Enabled = False
>
>    Case 3
>      FreightthirdLTLQuantity.Enabled = True
>      FreightTLQuantity.Enabled = False
>      FreighthalfLTLQuantity.Enabled = False
>   End Select
> End Sub
> Private Sub Form_Current()
> Select Case OptGroupFreight
>    Case 1
>      FreightTLQuantity.Enabled = True
>      FreighthalfLTLQuantity.Enabled = False
>      FreightthirdLTLQuantity.Enabled = False
>
>    Case 2
>      FreighthalfLTLQuantity.Enabled = True
>      FreightTLQuantity.Enabled = False
>      FreightthirdLTLQuantity.Enabled = False
>
>    Case 3
>      FreightthirdLTLQuantity.Enabled = True
>      FreightTLQuantity.Enabled = False
>      FreighthalfLTLQuantity.Enabled = False
>   End Select
>
> End Sub
>
> --
> There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat!
>
> Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003

ryan
3/19/2008 7:45:41 PM
Glad it worked for you!

Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003

Linq
3/19/2008 10:37:09 PM
I got another question for you regarding this. Now that the text box
that is next to the check mark shows, while the other two are not
enabled, lets say I have a quantity in textbox1 which is check1, or
optionvalue1 in the option group. I can write in a number in text box
1 but i can click check3 and disable the text box that has the
quantity in it. Is there away where if you have a quantity in a text
box you can't select the other two check boxes? I tried this code, it
worked buy disabling the text boxes and check boxes that didn't have
the quantity, but it wouldn't undo when I deleted the quantity out of
the first text box. Does that make sense?

Private Sub Form_afterUpdate()
Select Case OptGroupFreight
Case 1
If (Nz([FreightTLQuantity])) = False Then
  Check54.Enabled = True
  Check56.Enabled = True
  End If
Case 2
If (Nz([FreighthalfLTLQuantity])) = False Then
  Check52.Enabled = True
  Check56.Enabled = True
  End If
Case 3
If (Nz([FreightthirdLTLQuantity])) = False Then
  Check52.Enabled = True
  Check54.Enabled = True
  End If
  End Select
End Sub

wrote:
> Private Sub OptGroupFreight_AfterUpdate()
>   Select Case OptGroupFreight
>    Case 1
>      FreightTLQuantity.Enabled = True
>      FreighthalfLTLQuantity.Enabled = False
>      FreightthirdLTLQuantity.Enabled = False
>
>    Case 2
>      FreighthalfLTLQuantity.Enabled = True
>      FreightTLQuantity.Enabled = False
>      FreightthirdLTLQuantity.Enabled = False
>
>    Case 3
>      FreightthirdLTLQuantity.Enabled = True
>      FreightTLQuantity.Enabled = False
>      FreighthalfLTLQuantity.Enabled = False
>   End Select
> End Sub
> Private Sub Form_Current()
> Select Case OptGroupFreight
>    Case 1
>      FreightTLQuantity.Enabled = True
>      FreighthalfLTLQuantity.Enabled = False
>      FreightthirdLTLQuantity.Enabled = False
>
>    Case 2
>      FreighthalfLTLQuantity.Enabled = True
>      FreightTLQuantity.Enabled = False
>      FreightthirdLTLQuantity.Enabled = False
>
>    Case 3
>      FreightthirdLTLQuantity.Enabled = True
>      FreightTLQuantity.Enabled = False
>      FreighthalfLTLQuantity.Enabled = False
>   End Select
>
> End Sub
>
> --
> There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat!
>
> Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003

ryan

Editing options disapear when document is changed to compatibility
I have an excel (2007) document with makro content that has been edited by other people. One of them changed the document to a shared document (compatibility mode) to be able to track changes. Now the document seems to be partially locked. I am hadly allowed to change any kind of formating or insert anything. How do I change back the document or get rid of whatever is blocking me from using many functions? tools/protection/unprotect sheet "Me" wrote: > I have an excel (2007) document with makro content that has been edited by > other people. One of them chan...

autocomplete in calendar 03-31-10
Does anyone know to make autocomplete in outlook when you type in appointment (single click on available time on the calendar and start typing. I would like to have autocomplete which would take values from contacts (contact Last and First name) Is this possible? Thank You! Already answered by Diane Poremsky when you posted earlier same day. Please don't post repeatedly. Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook in Canberra, Australia .. "zakary" <zakary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09568D77-14AD-457C-A54C-4750E5F7ADCE@microsoft.com...

VC .net 2003 IDE subfolder question
I've been using VC6 for a long time, but finally switched to VC .NET 2003 ... in VC6 I was able to put subfolders within a project. But now I can only place subfolders within a SOLUTION (i.e. subfolders are "outside" of the projects). Is there some way to add a folder within the project? When I say "subfolder" I don't mean Windows directories, I mean just in the classview to visually categorize my classes within a project. My projects are pretty large and I just don't want to have to browse the huge list of classes in class view if I'm only working on a spe...

Connection Problem 03-20-08
Hello I'm new to access programming so I'm probably making some obvious mistake. The following code comes from 'Beginning Access 2003 VBA' by Denise Cosnell. On page 130 of the book you can read: 1. Create a new database by selecting File ?New ?Blank Database and specifying Ch5CodeExamples as the filename. 2. Create a new table in the database by selecting Tables from the Database Window and clicking the Design button. Alternatively, you can select the New button and then choose Design View from the list. The table should be named tblContacts and should have the fields i...

Sorting and Grouping Window has stopped popping up
Access sort and group option has stopped working for some reason. Re-installed Access, no help. Any ideas? I have to build a new report, using the report wizard, to access the grouping and sorting options. It's quite a handicap. sdcasch, When you say has stopped popping up, there is a button on the Menu Bar that will hide/unhide that dialog... Has that stopped working? -- Gina Whipp "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors II http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm "sdcasch" <sdcasch@disc...

Printer question
We use an epson printer with our POS system and when we process credit card sales it prints the authorization code after the sale is approved, is there a way to have it do the same with check authorization? ...

Junk Email Question
I made a ruling that a msg that did not have my name was to be sent to the JunkEmail folder. I assume that "my name" is either my email address or the name that I placed as my first and last name. A msg came through that was neither the above but the name of "Brian". How did this msg get through to my inbox? Many thanks. What is the exact rule and version of Outlook? -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Save Embedded Pictures in Their Origin...

question about AfxBeginThread
I'm really puzzled by the compiler message: winckuView.cpp(108): error C2665: 'AfxBeginThread' : none of the 2 overloads can convert parameter 1 from type 'UINT (__thiscall CSerComm::* )(LPVOID)' whereas I prototyped the function passed to AfxBeginThread like this: UINT CSerComm::wakeInstrument(LPVOID pParam); I'm calling AfxBeginThread like this (in a different source file): AfxBeginThread(CSerComm::wakeInstrument, NULL); What am I missing? Sorry folks... I should have googled first. Turns out that the function wakeInstrument needs to be global. >-----Ori...

cannot open attachments when sent to a group
Hi, has anyone had the following problem, and any hints on how to fix? I have a user who sends a word document to 12 people (in 12 different locations/businesses) 10 of them can open the document - 2 cannot. If the document is sent to the 2 seperately (not as part of a group e-mail) they CAN open it. Does anyone have a solution? Many thanks Paul ...

Collapsing groups in BCM
My preferred view in BCM is by category but, as I have several categories, I would prefer the default view to be all collapsed. At the moment, when I open OL2003, all categories are expanded and I cannot get them to collpse other than by collapsing each individual group. When I open up again, they are all expanded - annoying! ...

Access 2007 03-15-07
Hi,Back-end database is located at server. There are 10 clients with 10front-end databases. I want to restrict clients to reach form and reportdesigns and their codes. How can I do it in Access 2007 ?Thx for help! I believe this answer is covered in your previous posted titled "Restricting Front-ends".-- David CongerSoftware Development Engineer in TestMicrosoft Office Access** This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. **"Art Vandaley" <kestafir@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e$ixVG0ZHHA.4420@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...> ...

Problem moving mailbox between administrative groups
Hi there, We have a big problem. We need to move mailboxes from one adm group to other, and at ramdom we receive a MAPI Error Error moving messages CN=testuser,CN=users,dc=machine,dc=company,dc=com The MAPI call failed MAPI or an unspecified service provicer ID no: 80004005-0000-00000000 The Exchange 2000 organization is in native mode (All E2K) Any thoughts. Thanks in advance -- Gabriel N Argentina ...

Best Practise
Hi Everyone, In the process of creating a new Exchange 2003 SP2 Cluster, and had some questions about breaking up the stores. I am a bit confused between Storage Groups, and Mailbox Stores. To break things down, here is the current setup on the existing Exchange Server (the non cluster one) 400+ Users Store is at 110GB Backup Time - Long When I start moving staff over to the new Exchange box, we want to implement quotas, and break up some of the accounts. Thought process was this: 1)Directors\Management\Tech - No Quotas 2)Supervisors and other Critical Staff - 700MB 3)Other staff - ...

SOP Distribution Tables Question
We use eConnect to send SOP transactions with a custom distribution. The distribution can involve transferring some funds from a reserve account, so the distribution can be split, one debit and credit to transfer funds from the reserve account, and the second debit and credit to different accounts, to biill for the remainder. All works fine, and the distributions are correct in the Sales Transaction Distributions window. But we'd like to report off of the tables, and I can only see the one distribution in the SOP10102 table. The second amount and account pair for the reserve amount...

Simple menustrip merge question...
I've got an MDI container form with it's own menustrip control. The menustrip gets merged with any forms opened inside it. No problems. Most are set for MatchOnly or Append. The MDI has an 'About' that I always want to be at the end. But any menu items that get appended always go to the end. How can I change this? ...

I have a question with repeat open and close table
hello,everybody: I write one thread with use Vc6 IDE and I need repeat read data from table , but it had throw error message when my application is runing. Error message is: This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. please contact the application's support team for mor information�� My segment of code fellow: /* return false if empty data */ bool CReadData::OpenTable() { ASSERT(m_pConn != NULL); //ado connection ASSERT(m_pTable_SMO != NULL); // table try { if (m_pTable_SMO->GetState() & adStateOp...

Stock Option Reporting
I am trying to run a Capital Gains report but my Stock Options are not showing up on the report. Does anyone know a work around to report on Stock Options? SMc In microsoft.public.money, shaunx4 wrote: >I am trying to run a Capital Gains report but my Stock Options are not >showing up on the report. Does anyone know a work around to report on Stock >Options? If you are looking at Reports->CapitalGains report in Money 2006 Deluxe, why would your employee stock option be expected to show up on that report? Maybe I should have clarrified. I am trying to view stock options th...

no option to add display name
I am running outlook xp on a both win98 and xp machines. In neither case can I find or set a display name for my email account (ie so others will see my display name). I have seen various suggestions about going to email accounts/change but there is just no option there for 'display name'. Is it something to do with the 'mode' of install? any advice appreciated david marcus David Marcus <dmarcus@netspeed.NO-SPAM.com.au> wrote: > I am running outlook xp on a both win98 and xp machines. In neither > case can I find or set a display name for my email account ...

Outlook 2007 #19
Whenever I start Outlook 2007, I receive a message box which says Identity Switch Cancelled The current identity could not be changed because one of the applications was unable to switch. Close any open dialog boxes in other applications before trying again. Does anyone know how to correct the problem and prevent the message from appearing. ...

Question for Brian Kvalheim
In an earlier post regarding footnotes in Publisher you stated: "...Easy. Go to Edit > Edit Story in Word from the Publisher menu. This will allow you to have footnotes...." I thought this would be great for my newsletters. Using XP2, Publisher 2003, I have tried repeatedly. I assume that when through inserting the footnotes, one chooses Close and return to publication [name]. The footnotes do not remain. I also tried a footnote and an end note. Neither were present in the Publisher document. Chuck Davis wrote: > In an earlier post regarding footnotes in Publisher you > st...

power options issue 06-15-10
After I click on Control Panel and then Power Options and set my monitor and hard drive to turn off in 15 minutes of inactivity nothing turns off. The only setting that works is turning off the monitor in 1 minute and the hard drive in three minutes. I am not sure what is causing this issue or how to rix it. Task Manager | Processes tab: What's still running in the background? Any Scheduled Tasks which might be interfering? What's your Automatic Updates setting? David Black wrote: > After I click on Control Panel and then Power Options and set my monitor &g...

Incomplete Import/Export options
I have a full installation of Office 2003 Pro, with SP2 installed. When I click FILE | IMPORT AND EXPORT, I only get three options: "Export to a file", "Import Internet mail account settings", and "Import Internet mail and addresses". The other three options, "Import a vCard", "Import an iCalendar", and "Import from another program" are all missing. Any idea on how to get them back? parker.moran@gmail.com <parker.moran@gmail.com> wrote: > I have a full installation of Office 2003 Pro, with SP2 installed. > When I clic...

Help, my views got messed up and "folder options" is now restricted
I have no idea what has happened here, I think vista somehow messed something up when I connected to a file share, but even that seems odd since I've been doing this for 6 months. I'm using Windows 98SE and have files shares on a LAN to a Vista 64 Home Premium machine. I can't choose "folder options" in the My Documents folder or any random subfolder. When I try to do so, I get a message "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator". I _AM_ the administrator, and there i...

Help with formula #19
I am writing a workbook that can calculate the weights of steel. Ther are space issues with the workbook. It will be used in our shop and i needs to stay simple. I got some good advise from some folks on here. They told me it was bad idea to use merged cells. I am trying to write a formula for a trapezoid. I am really bad a using the left and right cell functions. I really want to use these The way I got the trapezoid formula was to add columns and cells. If can use a formula that uses the right and left formulas I would prefe this. Here is the formula that I was able to come up with =IF...

Distribution Lists Question
Hi, I have a client with an Exchange 2003 SP1 server. The server is responsible to receive mail for multiple domains (abc.com and xyz.com). I'm setting up distribution lists for things like info and sales and bizdev etc... How can I have mail sent to info@abc.com go to 123@abc.com and 456@abc.com. And then have mail sent to info@xyz.com go to 321@xyz.com and 654@xyz.com? Thanks!! Bart Are 123@abc.com and 456@abc.com also distribution groups? Do they get their addresses from a different recipient policy? You can nest distribution groups. Bart wrote: > Hi, > > I have a c...