Opening the form

Hi Guys,

I am created a consult form, is linked to a query, but when the form is open
it shows a data already, I would like to have the form empty no data at all
and when the use call the record, shows it, another thing is that I want to
create a cancel command button and what I want to do is clear all data from
the form.

I will appreciate any help

high quality Soccer jerseys NBA Jersey tracksuit and jackets, GHD
hairstraightener supplier from www.willpa.com

Are you a Retail businessman who bother by the purchase price?  China
Cheapest TOP wholesale website can help you

we are specialize in replica sport goods manufacturing in china, we can
offer you all kinds of soccer jersey, NBA jersey,shoes and so on. they are
the best brand replica goods whih are look the same as the original goods.
excellent quality and steady supply for them. we have been marketed in Europe
and American for 3 year. all the goods we offer are AAA quality.  our soccer
jersey are Thailand style. If any goods you buy from my company have problem,
we will refund or resend them again. Most of ourProducts have no minimum
order requirements,soyou can shop retail goods at wholesale prices. if you
can buy more than 300usd. We offer free shipping. The more you buy the more
discount for you.

National soccer jerseys: http://www.willpa.com
Club soccer jerseys: http://www.willpa.com
NBA Jerseys: http://www.willpa.com
T-shirt and shirt: http://www.willpa.com
Tracksuit: http://www.willpa.com
Hoody & Jackets: http://www.willpa.com
UGG boots: http://www.willpa.com
Hair style: http://www.willpa.com
shopping Index: http://www.willpa.com

EMS shipping.  7days arrive, paypal accept

want more information pls contact us or check our website: www.willpa.com
If you want the user to only add records but NOT have the ability to go back
and edit them:

Open the form using the DoCmd.OpenForm method.  For the Datamode argument,
use DataEntry.

If you want to still be able to navigate to existing records, then you need
to include a line of code in the Form_Open event:

DoCmd.GotoRecord , , acNewRecord

Either of these methods will show "no data" (actually, a blank form being
that you are on a new record).

To provide a Cancel button, use the Me.Undo method behind the code of the
button.  This is the equivelant of Ctrl+Z or Esc.  Providing the user has not
saved the record yet, all data entered would be erased, leaving a blank form
again.

It may happen that you want to prevent the user from saving until certain
fields are filled in.  In this case, use the Before_Update event of the FORM
(not a control), and validate the current entry.  Set Cancel=True if you want
to cancel the save:

Private Sub Form_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer)
Dim bFlag As Boolean
If Isnull(Me.Control1) Then bFlag = True
If Isnull(Me.Control2) Then bFlag = True
If Isnull(Me.Control3) Then bFlag = True
If bFlag = True Then
  Cancel = True
  MsgBox "Pease fill required data!"
End If
End Sub

hth
--
Jack Leach
www.tristatemachine.com

"I haven''t failed, I''ve found ten thousand ways that don''t work."
-Thomas Edison (1847-1931)

"Maracay" wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> I am created a consult form, is linked to a query, but when the form is open
> it shows a data already, I would like to have the form empty no data at all
> and when the use call the record, shows it, another thing is that I want to
> create a cancel command button and what I want to do is clear all data from
> the form.
>
> I will appreciate any help

code to allow edits in form AND subform
Ok, here goes............. I have a form (frmBOL) which contains a subform (sfrmData). I have this code working to allow the form to be edited, but I can't seem to incorporate the subform into it. Everything I try gives me an error. Can anyone help? Private Sub cmdOK_Click() Dim sPassword As String sPassword = Nz(Me.txtPassword.Value, "") ' if it is a valid password, we let them edit the ' form that called this form. The calling form is ' responsible for check that the current user is ' either the QA tech on the record, or a me...

POP
Hello all, we have an issue where a PO was created with 4 line items and line item number 1 was not adding into the total on the report not the form which we did not know at the time.. then we had to edit line line 2 which at that time they noticed that the report was short still the line item #1 but the PO entry form showed the correct amount... I look into the tables and all seemed to be correct so it's just the report itself that is showing the incorrect amount.... any help would be great Hi Bam. See if the report itself has been customized. If it is, it could be a bug on the c...

Skip Records in a Form
I have a form in my database based on a table. The table is appended with new reocrds everyday. My goal is to have the form present only the new records and allow a user to key data into the new record and be recorded in the same table. The issue I have is that the form is displaying all records not just the new. Does anyone know a way to open a form and display only those records that have not been updated by the user? Thanks in advance Add a column for UpdateDate and update this column whenever a record is updated via the form. Set up a query to read all the rows/columns ...

Publisher 2000

opening links in outlook

Problem trying to open old money file

Email with tiny attachments open slow

Need an open house sign in sheet

Table to form
I have a field in a table called ID. 4 posititions. I have a field in a subform where I want to enter an ID. If the ID is not in the table, I want to know. How can I connect them? By the way, if it is not in the table, I would want a message to pop up or the ability to add to the table on the fly. Thanks. On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 10:36:25 -0500, "rob peterson" <buster@owc.net> wrote: >I have a field in a table called ID. 4 posititions. What do you mean by "positions"?? >I have a field in a subform where I want to enter an ID. If the ID is not in >the tabl...

opening links

cannot open excel file from outlook

Exported form shows error
I exported a table and form to another database for use in another facility I operate. When I go to open the form, an error is displayed stating..."The record source '~sq_cSaidTable~sq_cList70' specified on this form or report does not exist" It then proceeds to alter the record souce in the form in design veiw. I have done that and the error persists. How do I repair this? -- Deltadog-Sacramento River Delta fisher extrodinairre... ...

EXCEL Files open Slow

update many fields in a form from existing info.
I have 2 tables. One table stores various information about companies including company name, address, etc. The second table stores student names. In a form, I am able to enter mutiple student names into a memo field and, as of right now, type in the company name, address, etc. (it is not linked to the company name table at all). What I want to do is this: from the student add form, search the company table for a company based on partial name and/or zipcode, select one company from a possible 1 or more companies, and have the fields in the form automatically fill in - pulling the ...

Opening a second mdb file from an open mdb file
I have two mdb files (one used for general department use and the other for detailed reporting). For ease of maintenance, I'd like to keep these mdb files separate, but I would like to have the ability to open the second mdb file from the general dept Access program. Is there an exisitng macro or VBA code I could use to accomplish this task? Thanks for your help. Sure, you can easily just shell out to another app: http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0018.htm or even create a hyperlink that opens the file. Just create a label, go to the property sheet and enter a path in the hype...

Directory Open
Hi, I would like to create a Button which opens a dialog box, not to open a file but to open a directory. How should I do it? I thought of using CFileDialog but it does not allow for opening just a directory and not a file. I just want to read in the user selection of directory and the file name will be set in my application. Thanks! On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 22:15:36 -0800, Dave wrote: > I would like to create a Button which opens a dialog box, > not to open a file but to open a directory. > > How should I do it? > I thought of using CFileDialog but it does not allow for ...

Controlling a PivotChart using a form
Hi, I'm trying to make a form that displays a pivot chart which reflects changes a user makes on a series of listboxes on the form. Whats the best way to go about doing this? I have 2 list boxes that will narrow the selection down (ie by 'category' and 'dates' - 'dates' being multiselection) and I have a listbox which is to select what data is shown on the pivot chart (a range of values at certain percentage levels). What I want to do is have the user pick a category, a date(s) and then a percentage amount, click a button and the pivotchart updates with the relev...

Excel won't open in Office XP
Hi all, I have had a problem for the last few weeks opening up my Excel files When I try to open the files, a Window Installer dialouge box appear looking for the Office XP Professional Disk. My Office was preinstalle by my school, which is now complete. If I cancel the Window Installer consectutive times it leaves my new Excel document open and I can work Does anyone know what I need to configure to have Excel open up normall again ? Appreciate all the help I can get. Thanks, 'Kusty' (kusty@accesscomm.ca -- kust --------------------------------------------------------------------...

running forms on desktop
hi all, i couldn't find an answer to this one, and i was hoping to run a small phone no. database on my desktop, that is, without the Access Program window in the background. So my 2 small forms would appear on the desktop itself. i have Access 2003 and WinXp Sp2 thanks in advance Dave See whether what's presented in http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0019.htm at "The Access Web" does what you want. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Dave Smith" <steens@indigo.net.au> wrote in message news:OCZzlurzH...