Opening Forms based on Combo Box Selection (Access 2007)

I am creating a database in which people in 10 different regions will
enter information into forms for facilities in their respective
regions.

I'd like the users to open the database, select their region from a
combo box and click an "open form" command button that will open all
the records/forms in their region (right now, the forms only have the
facility name and address information entered).

How do I link the command button function to the combo box?  I'd like to
learn to do this using the embedded macro function because I am not very
familiar with VBA coding.

I know their is probably a simple answer to this question.  Any help
would be appreciated!

Thank you!
Mary

0
maryfaith

WIN X Sp2 IE8.0 killed by CPXRSYSGUARD.EXE and or ? Cant get IE8 to access the web
Tonite, I Contracted 39 versions of what SuperAntiSpyware calls: ROGUE.AGENT/GEN in my Registry HKUS\S-1-5-21 (see below) etc (in 39 different file endings) and TROJAN.AGENT/GEN-FakeSpy[Broad] 3 copies 1. in HKUS\S-1-5-21-2952124706-32014773-2762605872-1007Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run(jdfecxfs- C:\Documentsand Settings\Alan\LocalSettings\ApplicationData\ubqllk\cpxrsysguard.exe and The other two in C:\ DocSettings\Alan\LocalSettings\ApplicationData where it again opened a Folder named UBQLLK and inserted 2 copies of CPXRSYSGUARD.EXE It beg...

excel to get data from an access database
I need excel to get data from an access database similar to vlookup function from an excel table. In order to have only specific records copied to your Excel file, the query needs to include selection criteria (and sort order if necessary). Otherwise, all records get copied and you then need to create lookup formulas or use filters to restrict the set of record. If you are not familiar with Access queries, have someone who is create one for you as a stored query object in the database file. You can then use the Data>Import (Get) External Data and choose the query as your record sour...

code to allow edits in form AND subform
Ok, here goes............. I have a form (frmBOL) which contains a subform (sfrmData). I have this code working to allow the form to be edited, but I can't seem to incorporate the subform into it. Everything I try gives me an error. Can anyone help? Private Sub cmdOK_Click() Dim sPassword As String sPassword = Nz(Me.txtPassword.Value, "") ' if it is a valid password, we let them edit the ' form that called this form. The calling form is ' responsible for check that the current user is ' either the QA tech on the record, or a me...

Application_Startup doesn't seem to work
I have the following code in Class1 code Option Explicit Public WithEvents objReminders As Outlook.Reminders Sub Initialize_handler() Set objReminders = Application.Reminders MsgBox "Reminder handler initialized" End Sub Private Sub objReminders_ReminderFire(ByVal ReminderObject As Reminder) With ReminderObject ' irelevant code removed .Item.Display MsgBox .Caption .Dismiss End With End Sub And this in Module1 code Option Explicit Private Sub Application_Startup() Dim MyClass As New Class1 MyCl...

POP
Hello all, we have an issue where a PO was created with 4 line items and line item number 1 was not adding into the total on the report not the form which we did not know at the time.. then we had to edit line line 2 which at that time they noticed that the report was short still the line item #1 but the PO entry form showed the correct amount... I look into the tables and all seemed to be correct so it's just the report itself that is showing the incorrect amount.... any help would be great Hi Bam. See if the report itself has been customized. If it is, it could be a bug on the c...

IMAP FOLDERS missing from tools menu in Office 2007
Hi I have set up my work email account on Outlook on my home laptop. 1st prob - During the setup it automatically was set to download all emails from the server to my laptop!!! So I now do not have my inbox on webmail, or outlook at work due to the mails no longer living on the server. I have deselected that option! 2nd prob - I have many subfolders in my inbox - I know that to see them I need to subscribe to IMAP folders - but the option to do that is missing from the Tools menu - What can I do? In theory, once I have enabled this - I can move all items from my inbox on my home lap...

Skip Records in a Form
I have a form in my database based on a table. The table is appended with new reocrds everyday. My goal is to have the form present only the new records and allow a user to key data into the new record and be recorded in the same table. The issue I have is that the form is displaying all records not just the new. Does anyone know a way to open a form and display only those records that have not been updated by the user? Thanks in advance Add a column for UpdateDate and update this column whenever a record is updated via the form. Set up a query to read all the rows/columns ...

Combo Box #10
Can someone give me a lame, dummy version on how to create a combo box in a cell that has a list and shows the answer selected at the top? I also need my formulas to be able to count how many times a given answer was chosen in the box. If not, that's ok. Brandy: Both of the questions you're asking are pretty straightforward. Here goes: 1) The combo box. First thing is to choose a range ON THE SAME WORKSHEET that contains the values you want for your combo box. 2) Once you have those cells filled out, go to the first cell where you want to have the combo box. 3) Go to yo...

Blackberry Internet Email & Exch 2007
Greets... Have some Blackberrys that were using BB Internet Email connection. Worked fine with Exch. 2003. Now we upgraded to Exch. 2007 and Blackbery Internet Connection (via T-Mobile) gives us "Cannot connect to server". I think this is related to the old method of accessing via web: i.e. HTTPS:\\mail.company.com\exchange\username doesn't work the same under 2007. I've tried Https:\\mail.company.com\owa\username and that doesn't work either... Thanks, Cheesle Check out this link: http://www.blackberry.com/select/exchange2007/ cheers, Guga Varo Exchange Gr...

Publisher 2000

Checkbox in List Box
I am wondering if it is possible to have a checkbox show up in a listbox based on the value returned in one of the columns? On May 24, 12:27 am, Klatuu <Kla...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > no > -- > Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP > > "Rockn" wrote: > > I am wondering if it is possible to have a checkbox show up in a listbox > > based on the value returned in one of the columns? If you want to do it, you have to insert a subform in your form and that should be in datasheet view, then you can enable users to check or uncheck values or to...

opening links in outlook

Rebelious Text Box
I have a text box on a form, that its control source is a memo field. I have the Verticle scroll bar selected in the properties, but it still wont become scrollable when the text in the field is more than the view of the text box. How do I spank this box into shape (in other words, what am I missing)? Make sure the internal margins are set to zero. Unless you are using Access 2007, your version may not handle the scrollbars correctly if the internal margins are set. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply ...

Problem trying to open old money file

Email with tiny attachments open slow

Converting Access 2000 to Access 2003 or XP
I have Access 2000 on my home PC and want to install it on my business PC. I also need to upgrade this program. Do I upgrade first, then bring it to work? Also, if the software is licensed to me at home, can I install it on my business computer as well? Thank you. No, each install has to have its own separate license. The Access 2000 on your home PC is only licensed for you home PC. If you are planning to upgrade, you would be better off buying the full installation of Office 2003 or Office 2002 to install on your business machine. If installing Office 2002/2003 to more than one machin...

Need an open house sign in sheet

Table to form
I have a field in a table called ID. 4 posititions. I have a field in a subform where I want to enter an ID. If the ID is not in the table, I want to know. How can I connect them? By the way, if it is not in the table, I would want a message to pop up or the ability to add to the table on the fly. Thanks. On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 10:36:25 -0500, "rob peterson" <buster@owc.net> wrote: >I have a field in a table called ID. 4 posititions. What do you mean by "positions"?? >I have a field in a subform where I want to enter an ID. If the ID is not in >the tabl...

cannot open excel file from outlook

opening links