Open form to ID and add in the record if not there

Hello, I have an issue opening a form to an ID of the record I am currently
on.  If I am on frmProjects and am adding a typing in a new EndUser from the
dropdown in cboEndUser I want to be able to do two things:
1) Add this new EndUser name in the frmEndUserDetails in control source
EndUserID (named cboEndUser) once I tab out of it
2) Have this new EndUser nae appear in the frmProjects once I finish adding
details about this new End User in frmEndUser.

So what happpens is that if I need to enter a new EndUser name in
cboEndUser, once i tab out of cboEndUser the frmEndUserDetails opens to that
new EndUser I just entered and is based on EndUserID.

My EndUserID on tblProjects is a combobox with row source query
SELECT tblEndUser.[EndUserID], [tblEndUser].[End User] FROM tblEndUser ORDER
BY [tblEndUser].[End User];

It is kinda like add new record if not there and if it is there then go to
it.  If it is there then I just double click the field cboEndUserID and it
does go to the frmEndUser based on that id so I am good if it already exists.
 Problem is getting it added if not exists.

thank you...

Velo wrote:
>Hello, I have an issue opening a form to an ID of the record I am currently
>on.  If I am on frmProjects and am adding a typing in a new EndUser from the
>dropdown in cboEndUser I want to be able to do two things:
>1) Add this new EndUser name in the frmEndUserDetails in control source
>EndUserID (named cboEndUser) once I tab out of it
>2) Have this new EndUser nae appear in the frmProjects once I finish adding
>details about this new End User in frmEndUser.
>
>So what happpens is that if I need to enter a new EndUser name in
>cboEndUser, once i tab out of cboEndUser the frmEndUserDetails opens to that
>new EndUser I just entered and is based on EndUserID.
>
>My EndUserID on tblProjects is a combobox with row source query
>SELECT tblEndUser.[EndUserID], [tblEndUser].[End User] FROM tblEndUser ORDER
>BY [tblEndUser].[End User];
>
>It is kinda like add new record if not there and if it is there then go to
>it.  If it is there then I just double click the field cboEndUserID and it
>does go to the frmEndUser based on that id so I am good if it already exists.
> Problem is getting it added if not exists.

The usual way to do that is to set the combo box's
LimitToList property to Yes.  Then add code to the combo
box's NotInList event procedure to open the end user form:

DoCmd.OpenForm "frmEndUserDetails", _
							DataMode:= acFormAdd, _
							WindowMode:=acDialog, _
							OpenArgs:= NewData
Response = acDataErrAdded

the Data<ode argument open the form with only a new, blank
record.  WindowMode tells access to suspend the code until
the new user form is closed or made invisible.  Setting
Response to acDataErrAdded tell the combo box to requery the
combo box's list to find the new user record that was just
added and then proceed normally.

To plug the new user into the new record, add a little code
to frmEndUserDetails' Load event procedure:

	If Not IsNull(Me.OpenArgs) Then
		Me.EndUserID = Me.OpenArgs
	End If

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

After sharepoint3 import from sp2, DNS records incorret?
Hello We have imported site to Sharepoint 3.0 (SBS2008) from Sharepoint 2. Now there are some strange occasional DNS lookup errors. Some pages fail to open but next time there is no problem opening the same page. DNS is running on the same local server where Sharepoint. Both have the same IP in fact.. With nslookup from workstation I noticed that "mycompanyweb" is resolved correctly while "http:/mycomanyweb" fails. 1. Might there be some (http:// prefix) missing in DNS server? 2. When there is a subsite "mycompanyweb/mydepartment", do we need ...

code to allow edits in form AND subform
Ok, here goes............. I have a form (frmBOL) which contains a subform (sfrmData). I have this code working to allow the form to be edited, but I can't seem to incorporate the subform into it. Everything I try gives me an error. Can anyone help? Private Sub cmdOK_Click() Dim sPassword As String sPassword = Nz(Me.txtPassword.Value, "") ' if it is a valid password, we let them edit the ' form that called this form. The calling form is ' responsible for check that the current user is ' either the QA tech on the record, or a me...

POP
Hello all, we have an issue where a PO was created with 4 line items and line item number 1 was not adding into the total on the report not the form which we did not know at the time.. then we had to edit line line 2 which at that time they noticed that the report was short still the line item #1 but the PO entry form showed the correct amount... I look into the tables and all seemed to be correct so it's just the report itself that is showing the incorrect amount.... any help would be great Hi Bam. See if the report itself has been customized. If it is, it could be a bug on the c...

Skip Records in a Form
I have a form in my database based on a table. The table is appended with new reocrds everyday. My goal is to have the form present only the new records and allow a user to key data into the new record and be recorded in the same table. The issue I have is that the form is displaying all records not just the new. Does anyone know a way to open a form and display only those records that have not been updated by the user? Thanks in advance Add a column for UpdateDate and update this column whenever a record is updated via the form. Set up a query to read all the rows/columns ...

Publisher 2000

opening links in outlook

pop up adds
I recently downloaded a song from a website that I subscribe to, and when doing so , it created and add-on that now gives me pop-up adds everytime I connect to the internet. I did immediately go to my control panel in add/remove , ad removed the add on, but I still keep getting pop-up adds. I then tried to do a system restore to a few hours earlier, but the system recovery offered only BOLD dates on the calender that were available for recovery and they were more than a week earlier. The problem with that is I also downloaded NORTON SECURITY SUITE the same day I downloaded the...

Restarting Record Count in a Query
Hello, I have a query that returns these results for me: Badge No DepLastName DepFirstName 11111 Smith Mary 11111 Smith Joe 22222 Brown Bill 22222 Brown Mary 22222 Brown Jack I need to count the dependents that are linked to each Badge No so my results look like this Badge No Count DepLastName DepFirstName 11111 1 Smith Mary 11111 2 Smith Joe 22222 1 Brown Bill 22222 2 ...

Problem trying to open old money file

Email with tiny attachments open slow

Need an open house sign in sheet

lost user ID & re-install problems
Thank you for reading. After opening up the MS Dynamic POS 2.0 program ( P4 running XP pro, and SQL server 2005) and going through the started up procedures (none of which I can recall asked me to create an employee ID) I ventured into the sample data creation tutorial. After fishing around for a few I closed the program and needed to get back in it for a second. When I launched it a login screen appeared asking for an employee ID and password. Password I could remember but ID I had no ideal what it was talking about because the whole time i was in the sample data. I read through some ...

Table to form
I have a field in a table called ID. 4 posititions. I have a field in a subform where I want to enter an ID. If the ID is not in the table, I want to know. How can I connect them? By the way, if it is not in the table, I would want a message to pop up or the ability to add to the table on the fly. Thanks. On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 10:36:25 -0500, "rob peterson" <buster@owc.net> wrote: >I have a field in a table called ID. 4 posititions. What do you mean by "positions"?? >I have a field in a subform where I want to enter an ID. If the ID is not in >the tabl...

cannot open excel file from outlook

opening links

recording asset loan extra payments
How do I record and track an asset loan in Money 2002 when an extra payment amount is given(each month, our land payment check is for $1.02 more than it should be.) You create a loan account and setup a loan payment. Then you edit the splits of the loan payment and add a line for an extra Principal Transfer (that's the "category") of the $1.02. "Katy" <db0008@dragonbbs.com> wrote in message news:092701c38f72$1f31ffc0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > How do I record and track an asset loan in Money 2002 > when an extra payment amount is given(each month, our > l...

Exported form shows error
I exported a table and form to another database for use in another facility I operate. When I go to open the form, an error is displayed stating..."The record source '~sq_cSaidTable~sq_cList70' specified on this form or report does not exist" It then proceeds to alter the record souce in the form in design veiw. I have done that and the error persists. How do I repair this? -- Deltadog-Sacramento River Delta fisher extrodinairre... ...

EXCEL Files open Slow

Modify report to print individual group of records on separate pag
I am new to report writer and I am trying to figure out how to print individual employees records separately. It is an employee training records report where it group all of an employees training classes together. However, unless it fills the page, the next person's records are printed and I'm trying to start each new group on a new page. I don't know where to find the group properties. Please help. Amytdev. I think you need to create an additional footer. The additional footer can have the "Page Break" option set, causing a new page to be started. Below is the p...