OnLoad event criteria

If have the code below in the OnLoad event which is working fine for the most 
part.  The second line is causing a problem for cases where there is no 
matching record.  The code is setting the value - I'd like to have it check 
the value first, and if it matches the value for the related field in the 
current form recordset, set the value, otherwise just open the form without 
setting the value. 

    If CurrentProject.AllForms("AllOpen").IsLoaded Then
    Me.Combo1 = Forms!AllOpen!ID
    ' Find the record that matches the control.
    Dim rs As Object
    Set rs = Me.Recordset.Clone
    rs.FindFirst "[ID] = " & Str(Nz(Me![Combo1], 0))
    If Not rs.EOF Then Me.Bookmark = rs.Bookmark

Thanks!
Jim
0
Utf
2/1/2010 1:44:02 PM
access.formscoding 7493 articles. 0 followers. Follow

7 Replies
1531 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 9

You could use a nested If:

If CurrentProject.AllForms("AllOpen").IsLoaded Then
  If Me.SomeValue <> 0 Then
     Me.Combo1 = Forms!AllOpen!ID
  End If
' Find the record that matches the control.
  Dim rs As Object
  Set rs = Me.Recordset.Clone
  rs.FindFirst "[ID] = """ & Str(Nz(Me![Combo1], 0)) & """"
  If Not rs.EOF Then Me.Bookmark = rs.Bookmark
End If

You did not specify what you want to check, so I used a generic field
SomeValue with an arbitrary value of 0.

If ID is a text field you can use the Str function, as you have done, to
convert the Combo1 value to a string, but I think you will need extra quote
marks.  But if it comes to that, why not just have the Combo1 value be text
rather than number in the first place?

I don't know where you want to close the opening If, so I did so at the end,
but you may want to do it differently.


Jim wrote:
>If have the code below in the OnLoad event which is working fine for the most 
>part.  The second line is causing a problem for cases where there is no 
>matching record.  The code is setting the value - I'd like to have it check 
>the value first, and if it matches the value for the related field in the 
>current form recordset, set the value, otherwise just open the form without 
>setting the value. 
>
>    If CurrentProject.AllForms("AllOpen").IsLoaded Then
>    Me.Combo1 = Forms!AllOpen!ID
>    ' Find the record that matches the control.
>    Dim rs As Object
>    Set rs = Me.Recordset.Clone
>    rs.FindFirst "[ID] = " & Str(Nz(Me![Combo1], 0))
>    If Not rs.EOF Then Me.Bookmark = rs.Bookmark
>
>Thanks!
>Jim

-- 
Message posted via AccessMonster.com
http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/201002/1

0
BruceM
2/1/2010 4:21:05 PM
"Jim" <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:3BFF8720-A11C-4D67-8DFF-4C8620C0403F@microsoft.com...
> If have the code below in the OnLoad event which is working fine for the 
> most
> part.  The second line is causing a problem for cases where there is no
> matching record.  The code is setting the value - I'd like to have it 
> check
> the value first, and if it matches the value for the related field in the
> current form recordset, set the value, otherwise just open the form 
> without
> setting the value.
>
>    If CurrentProject.AllForms("AllOpen").IsLoaded Then
>    Me.Combo1 = Forms!AllOpen!ID
>    ' Find the record that matches the control.
>    Dim rs As Object
>    Set rs = Me.Recordset.Clone
>    rs.FindFirst "[ID] = " & Str(Nz(Me![Combo1], 0))
>    If Not rs.EOF Then Me.Bookmark = rs.Bookmark

Other considerations aside, the line that tests whether the FindFirst found 
a match is wrong.  I know that it's what the help file says and what the 
wizards build, but it's still wrong.  In a DAO recordset, which is what 
you've got unless you're working in an ADP (or explicitly set the form to an 
ADO recordset), a failed FindFirst sets the recordset's .NoMatch property, 
and doesn't move to EOF.

Anyway, I think from what you say that maybe this is more what you had in 
mind:

'------ start of revised code ------
    Dim lngID As Long

    If CurrentProject.AllForms("AllOpen").IsLoaded Then

        lngID = Nz(Forms!AllOpen!ID, 0)

        With Me.RecordsetClone
            .FindFirst "ID = " & lngID
            If Not .NoMatch Then
                Me.Combo1 = lngID
                Me.Bookmark = .Bookmark
            End If
        End With

    End If
'------ end of revised code ------


-- 
Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP
Access tips: www.datagnostics.com/tips.html

(please reply to the newsgroup)

0
Dirk
2/1/2010 4:30:25 PM
This helps, but I'm not quite there.  

What I'm trying to determine is if the value from Forms!AllOpen!ID is an 
item on the combo box list.  If it is, then Me.Combo1 = Forms!AllOpen!ID
If it isn't, then just open the form without setting the value.

So somevalue would be me.combo1, but not sure how to reference the list or 
recordset? 


"BruceM via AccessMonster.com" wrote:

> You could use a nested If:
> 
> If CurrentProject.AllForms("AllOpen").IsLoaded Then
>   If Me.SomeValue <> 0 Then
>      Me.Combo1 = Forms!AllOpen!ID
>   End If
> ' Find the record that matches the control.
>   Dim rs As Object
>   Set rs = Me.Recordset.Clone
>   rs.FindFirst "[ID] = """ & Str(Nz(Me![Combo1], 0)) & """"
>   If Not rs.EOF Then Me.Bookmark = rs.Bookmark
> End If
> 
> You did not specify what you want to check, so I used a generic field
> SomeValue with an arbitrary value of 0.
> 
> If ID is a text field you can use the Str function, as you have done, to
> convert the Combo1 value to a string, but I think you will need extra quote
> marks.  But if it comes to that, why not just have the Combo1 value be text
> rather than number in the first place?
> 
> I don't know where you want to close the opening If, so I did so at the end,
> but you may want to do it differently.
> 
> 
> Jim wrote:
> >If have the code below in the OnLoad event which is working fine for the most 
> >part.  The second line is causing a problem for cases where there is no 
> >matching record.  The code is setting the value - I'd like to have it check 
> >the value first, and if it matches the value for the related field in the 
> >current form recordset, set the value, otherwise just open the form without 
> >setting the value. 
> >
> >    If CurrentProject.AllForms("AllOpen").IsLoaded Then
> >    Me.Combo1 = Forms!AllOpen!ID
> >    ' Find the record that matches the control.
> >    Dim rs As Object
> >    Set rs = Me.Recordset.Clone
> >    rs.FindFirst "[ID] = " & Str(Nz(Me![Combo1], 0))
> >    If Not rs.EOF Then Me.Bookmark = rs.Bookmark
> >
> >Thanks!
> >Jim
> 
> -- 
> Message posted via AccessMonster.com
> http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/201002/1
> 
> .
> 
0
Utf
2/1/2010 6:02:01 PM
What is the combo box Row Source?  You could use the DCount function to see
if there are any records in the Row Source with the same value in the ID
field, and proceed with the rest of the code if the result is >0.

Please note Dirk's comments.

Once you know
Jim wrote:
>This helps, but I'm not quite there.  
>
>What I'm trying to determine is if the value from Forms!AllOpen!ID is an 
>item on the combo box list.  If it is, then Me.Combo1 = Forms!AllOpen!ID
>If it isn't, then just open the form without setting the value.
>
>So somevalue would be me.combo1, but not sure how to reference the list or 
>recordset? 
>
>> You could use a nested If:
>> 
>[quoted text clipped - 37 lines]
>> >Thanks!
>> >Jim

-- 
Message posted via AccessMonster.com
http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/201002/1

0
BruceM
2/1/2010 6:28:10 PM
I replaced the code and now the form opens to the first record in the 
recordset if there's no match.  I've got some fields that have the visible 
property set to false until the after update event of the combo1 control.  
Those fields are visible with the first record.  Can you help?

"Dirk Goldgar" wrote:

> "Jim" <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:3BFF8720-A11C-4D67-8DFF-4C8620C0403F@microsoft.com...
> > If have the code below in the OnLoad event which is working fine for the 
> > most
> > part.  The second line is causing a problem for cases where there is no
> > matching record.  The code is setting the value - I'd like to have it 
> > check
> > the value first, and if it matches the value for the related field in the
> > current form recordset, set the value, otherwise just open the form 
> > without
> > setting the value.
> >
> >    If CurrentProject.AllForms("AllOpen").IsLoaded Then
> >    Me.Combo1 = Forms!AllOpen!ID
> >    ' Find the record that matches the control.
> >    Dim rs As Object
> >    Set rs = Me.Recordset.Clone
> >    rs.FindFirst "[ID] = " & Str(Nz(Me![Combo1], 0))
> >    If Not rs.EOF Then Me.Bookmark = rs.Bookmark
> 
> Other considerations aside, the line that tests whether the FindFirst found 
> a match is wrong.  I know that it's what the help file says and what the 
> wizards build, but it's still wrong.  In a DAO recordset, which is what 
> you've got unless you're working in an ADP (or explicitly set the form to an 
> ADO recordset), a failed FindFirst sets the recordset's .NoMatch property, 
> and doesn't move to EOF.
> 
> Anyway, I think from what you say that maybe this is more what you had in 
> mind:
> 
> '------ start of revised code ------
>     Dim lngID As Long
> 
>     If CurrentProject.AllForms("AllOpen").IsLoaded Then
> 
>         lngID = Nz(Forms!AllOpen!ID, 0)
> 
>         With Me.RecordsetClone
>             .FindFirst "ID = " & lngID
>             If Not .NoMatch Then
>                 Me.Combo1 = lngID
>                 Me.Bookmark = .Bookmark
>             End If
>         End With
> 
>     End If
> '------ end of revised code ------
> 
> 
> -- 
> Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP
> Access tips: www.datagnostics.com/tips.html
> 
> (please reply to the newsgroup)
> 
> .
> 
0
Utf
2/1/2010 7:17:01 PM
Use the form's Current event as well as the control's After Update event.  If
you are setting Visible and such properties in an After Update event only
those properties will remain until the next After Update event.

Jim wrote:
>I replaced the code and now the form opens to the first record in the 
>recordset if there's no match.  I've got some fields that have the visible 
>property set to false until the after update event of the combo1 control.  
>Those fields are visible with the first record.  Can you help?
>
>> > If have the code below in the OnLoad event which is working fine for the 
>> > most
>[quoted text clipped - 41 lines]
>>     End If
>> '------ end of revised code ------

-- 
Message posted via AccessMonster.com
http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/201002/1

0
BruceM
2/1/2010 7:32:46 PM
"Jim" <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:D3B3A8B3-FD71-4C03-80DF-1D94581A1CFD@microsoft.com...
>I replaced the code and now the form opens to the first record in the
> recordset if there's no match.

That is what you wanted, right?

> I've got some fields that have the visible
> property set to false until the after update event of the combo1 control.
> Those fields are visible with the first record.  Can you help?

Is the combo box bound or unbound?  I'm guessing it is unbound, but if it is 
bound, you would normally use both its AfterUpdate event and the form's 
Current event to run the code that makes those fields visible or invisible. 
That way, as you navigate from record to record and the value of the combo 
box changes with the navigation, controls are shown or hidden appropriately.

But if the combo box is unbound, it's not going to change as you go from 
record to record.  In this case, if you want the other controls to start out 
invisible, I'm not sure why you don't just set them to always be invisible 
when the form is opened, by setting their .Visible properties to No when in 
design view).  If for some reason you don't want to do that, but want your 
code that opens the form to effectively force the combo box's AfterUpdate 
event to fire, what you can do is call the event procedure directly, as in 
this modification to my original code:

'------ start of code ------

    Dim lngID As Long

    If CurrentProject.AllForms("AllOpen").IsLoaded Then

        lngID = Nz(Forms!AllOpen!ID, 0)

        With Me.RecordsetClone
            .FindFirst "ID = " & lngID
            If Not .NoMatch Then
                Me.Combo1 = lngID
                Me.Bookmark = .Bookmark
            End If
        End With

    End If

    Call Combo1_AfterUpdate

'------ end of revised code ------


-- 
Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP
Access tips: www.datagnostics.com/tips.html

(please reply to the newsgroup)

0
Dirk
2/1/2010 7:45:09 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Error
Hi Running Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 server. We get these error msgs regularly and want to know how to find what is causing it. Also KB article 268831 discusses this but only for Exchange 2000. Is it the same solution for Exchange 2003.?? The event msgs are Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeIS Mailbox Store Event Category: General Event ID: 1025 Date: 04/03/04 Time: 4:35:31 PM User: N/A Computer: APOLLO Description: An error occurred on database "First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (APOLLO)". Function name or description of problem: EcGenerateReadReport: Function n...

Query Criteria is not working
I am having an issue with the criteria of a query. I am limiting the data by a date range, an account code, and the number of loads. The date uses BETWEEN @FromDate AND @ToDate The account code uses NOT = 4125 OR NOT = 4121 The loads is > 0 With the above scenerio, I get no loads which are 0, but I still get account codes 4125 and 4121. If I put the account criteria in seperate columns, then I remove those account codes, but then I get loads that have 0. Any ideas? Cahd my mistake. I needed to use NOT = 4125 AND NOT = 4121 thanks Chad "Chad Came...

Form OnLoad event for Case Entity not firing?
Hi, Is there something different about the Case entity that prevents a Form onLoad event from firing? I put an alert() call in there and it doesn't fire. I even typed garbage in the event handler and it doesn't error. Other entities like activity seem to work fine. Actually, I can't ge the onSave or the onChange events for any Case fields to fire either.... Thanks for you help! Todd Very interesting - I have the exact same problem with the Opportunity entity in CRM 4.0 Are you using CRM 4.0? Did you upgrade from 3.0? I did fix this for while by importing clean out of the ...

How can I create my own events?
I need a class to send events to a dialog window I have created "Chris Baker" <ChrisBaker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AA81315F-8765-4CF3-AC01-526FF4FADBC0@microsoft.com... > I need a class to send events to a dialog window I have created > CDialog MyDialog; MyDialog.SendMessage(MessageNumber, wParam, lParam); class MyClass { public: MyClass(CWnd *Target); private: void DoSomething(); CWnd *m_TargetWindow; }; MyClass::MyClass(CWnd *Target) { m_TargetWindow = *Target; } void MyClass::DoSomething() { m_TargetWindow->SendMess...

Find Count of Items with certain criteria
I have over a thousand records (Each one a legal case) Col I has the date the case was opened ( All cases have a "Date Opened") If a Case has been "Put on Hold", Col O has the date it was "POH". If not, Col O is blank If a case has been "awarded" Col R has the date it was awarded. If not, Col R is blank If a case has had a claim filed for it, Col X has the claim filed date, if not, Col X is blank If a case has been closed, Col S has the closed Date, if not, Col S is Blank. Each case can have one or more, or none of these dates. How can I get a cou...

MSExchangeDSAccess Event 2061
Every 20 minutes we get the following error event: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeDSAccess Event Category: LDAP Event ID: 2061 Date: 1/17/2006 Time: 8:34:18 PM User: N/A Computer: AUSTIN2K3 Description: Process MAD.EXE (PID=2084). An LDAP search call failed - Server=<server fqdn> Error code=80040957. Base DN=, Filter=(legacyExchangeDN=), Scope=2. Running Windows 2003 SP1, AD + Exchange 2003 SP2 on the same server. Any clues? Thanks in advance. Alex. See if it helps: http://eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=2061&eventno=1784&source=MSExchangeDSAccess&...

installed office 2007, 2003 calendar events did not appear.
I had a error 1311 on installation of office 2007. The error solution was to uninstall office 2003 and reinstall 2007. Everything came up fine except calendar. None of my events from 2003 showed up, however my reminder popups worked from the 2003 calendar. I can't find the name of the calendar file to try to reinstall. Thanks, Charlie The calendar is in your pst. Do you see the calendar if you use Folder list view? (Press Ctrl+6 to switch to the folder list. ) -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions...

Onload Event
I currently have a field called multiplier on the opportunity form. I am using the Onload event of the form to autopopulate the field with the value of 50, however I need this to be a one time load. For example, if the user creates a new opportunity I need the multiplier field to autopopulate with the value or 50. HOwever, if the user changes the value and brings up the form again we need it to maintain the new value and not populate again with 50. I currently do not see a way of doing this. Thanks for the help! You can use the FormType to do that: //Undefined Form Type = 0 //Crea...

I need the code for event procedure of text box
I have a Text Box whose record source is a field of a query. I want to update the query field upon 'change' What code do I need to put in the event procedure to do that? Are you sure about this, Bob? The Change event fires with each keystroke, so firstly, you might need to consider whether the data would be valid. For example, if the text box is bound to a Date/Time field, it would not be valid when you have only typed 3/ Similarly if it is bound to a Number field, it would not be valid at the point when you have only typed the negative sign. If you want to proceed, the idea ...

Close Form Event
I have a AC2003 bound form. The condition I'm trying to capture is if the user modifies any item on the form and they close the form without saving changes. Simple...right? I found out that Form_Close doesn't work so I tried the following code in the Form_Unload event and that isn't working either. It does not even trigger the event. Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong? I would be much appreciated. Private Sub Form_Unload(Cancel As Integer) If Me.btnSave.Enabled Then Dim strMsg As String strMsg = strMsg & "Save Chan...

Unload, Close, Deactivate. Which event is best?
Good afternoon Hoping for some quidance as to which event to use for an append query to a temp table. A little background: Currently the users enter all purchase order info via a main form (with PO Nbr and supplier info, etc..) and the purchase order details get entered into the subform. The user enters amount ordered, amount received and a calculated field shows whether there are any backorders or not. If there are any backorders, once they are received the user goes back into the Purchase order and changes the amount received. All this works fine except we have no idea as to whe...

OnLoad form position
While using CRM, I have created a number of custom entities. I know how to set the size using an onLoad script, but is there any way to move the for so that it opens and the user can see everything on the page, rather than opening so that half of the form is off-screen? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. ...

Item Event Handling
Dear all, I'm writing a COM Add-in for OL 2000 to synchronize emails between OL and IMAP server. I want to handle events for every email item in every folder. For example, when user moves multiple mails from this folder to another one, how do I know what items have been moved? Thank you very much, Khoa Tran Each MAPIFolder has an Items collection. If you declare the Items collection WithEvents you can handle the ItemChange, ItemAdd and ItemRemove events. ItemChange and ItemAdd return an Item object that is the item being added or changed. ItemRemove doesn't supply the Item and ...

onLoad User Error Message 10-11-07
I created a onLoad event on the Account entity that hides a few tabs and along with the navigation icons ("Services" and Marketing"). Everything works well, until I open the account form as a read-only form. To recreate the error message, I use the Account lookup, select an Account, then click on "Properties". The error message I receive states: "There was an error message with this fields customized event. Field: crmForm Event: onLoad Error: 'navService' is undefined" Any thoughts or suggestions? Also here is the script that I am using - forgive ...

workflow event sink missing from Component Services
I have an instance of Exchange 2003 enterprise installed on win2k3 enterprise and I want to use Workfow Designer for exchange to create some event sinks. I was going thru the steps of setting up the appropriate permissions and a workflow account but ran into a snag when I didn't see the Workflow Event Sink entry under COM+ applications within the Component Services snapin. I've read that Exchange is supposed to put it there during installation however it obviously did not. I can't find anything that tells me how to put it there manually and that's why I'm here. How do I...

Messages and Events
Visual Studio .net 2003 How can I, systematicaly, find what messages and events are associated with a control? Tlhanks in advance RTFM? Documentation is the best approach, particularly if you want a systematic approach. joe On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 09:25:05 -0400, "RG" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote: >Visual Studio .net 2003 > >How can I, systematicaly, find what messages and events are associated with >a control? > >Tlhanks in advance > Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP] email: newcomer@flounder.com Web: http://www.flounder.com MVP Tips: http://www.flounder.c...

save() during Onload
Hi all, In our deployment, whenever an account is opened from CRM, it always checks the latest data of that account from a different DB. At the end of this operation the form is saved. But this save operation is done during the onload event. The strange thing is that, this save operation creates a new account. So, everytime an account is opened a new account is also created due to this save operation. I remove the save operation, everything is Ok, but in this situation, if the user tries to close the account form, a pop up box asks that "the data will be lost if you close this win...

Event ID: 5895
I am receiving the following error in my application event log, can anyone tell me what this is? and or how to fix the problem if there is one? ********************************************************* Event Type: Error Event Source: MSCRMDeletionService Event Category: None Event ID: 5895 Date: 12/12/2003 Time: 10:32:17 PM User: N/A Computer: ISLANDGUY Description: Error: Can't clean up the following tables: Activity. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. ********************************************************* This erro...

OnLoad Event Error
Hey All, My client is getting an odd error during the Account Form's OnLoad event. There's an extensive amount of JScript code in it, but all was working on the CRM Server during testing, but when the User open's the Account, they receive this Msg: Error: Either BOF or EOF is True, or the current record has been deleted. Requested operation requires a current record. Part of the code queries a filtered view in the CRM db, could it be that some users do not have permissions for this view? Has anyone seen this before? Error seems to be from the ADO provider. Without the cod...

calling onSave from Onload
Hi Everybody I got a question regarding MS CRM 3.0. Is there anyway i can call onSave event from page onLoad Event. Any help appreciable. Regards -- Jaber You could, with crmForm.Save(); However, saving the form causes it to be reloaded, so you'll end up in an infinite loop. What are you trying to achieve ? -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.excitation.co.uk "Jaber" wrote: > Hi Everybody > I got a question regarding MS CRM 3.0. > Is there anyway i can call onSave event from page onLoad Event. > Any help appreciable. > Regards &g...

onload functions
hi all, in CRM onload can i add a button or function? if thiere a sample pls. thnx, you can write javascript to be performed on the OnLoad event. You cannot add buttons or menu items as far as I know. Dave "mr. pOoO" <mrpOoO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18EA4AAB-B8DF-4FD3-80F6-CF1496FF4B7C@microsoft.com... > hi all, > > in CRM onload can i add a button or function? > > if thiere a sample pls. > > thnx, > > > > > Assuming you are good with DHTML and find the right objects, you should be able to a...

W2K3 E2K3 SP1 Event ID 2107 & 2122
I am having a random problem with DNS connectiviity. Every so often a 2107 Event occurs, followed by a 2122 and than a bunch of 2107's. Process INETINFO.EXE (PID=1584). DSAccess failed to obtain an IP address for DS server RCSMASTER2.rcs.k12.in.us, error 11004. This host will not be used as a DS server by DSAccess. Process INETINFO.EXE (PID=1584). Error 0x8007000e occurred when DNS was queried for the service location (SRV) resource record used to locate a domain controller for domain rcs.k12.in.us The query was for the SRV record for _ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.rcs.k12.in.us For info...

Public Folder Shared Calendar Event Owner
Anyone, Is there a way to identify who added an event to a public folder shared calendar? Right now I have one group that contains everyone that needs to add events to the calendar. Unfortunately the calendar doesn't show who, or when the event was added so it’s very hard to track those "colorful" events some of the employees have added. Thanks ISD Forgot to add my configuration information: Windows Server 2003 running Exchange Server 2003. ...

Dr. Watson error Event ID: 4097
I am getting Dr. Watson error for the store on a fairly regular basis now on one of my exchnage server application .I am using exchange 5.5 sp4.The AV in the server is running in API mode.The server also has remote agent for Veritas. The details are: Event ID: 4097 Source: DrWatson Type: Information Category: None Description: The application, exe\store.dbg, generated an application error The error occurred on 3/ 8/2005 @ 14:59: 0.997 The exception generated was c0000005 at address 0042466b What could be the problem ....Can anyone shed some light on this??... See if post-SP4 hot-fixes...

Irritating entries in my event log
Hi all I hav exc2003 and xp pro clients and i have this irritating entry that keeps on coming up in the event log.Dies anyone know what is wrong or how i can fix this Craig Entry 1: Volume Shadow Copy Service error: Error creating the Shadow Copy Provider COM class with CLSID {3ad41ba8-06ce-4a6f-94b2-bc8cde6ab807} [0x80070005]. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. Entry 2: Volume Shadow Copy Service information: The COM Server with CLSID {3ad41ba8-06ce-4a6f-94b2-bc8cde6ab807} and name SW_PROV cannot be started. [0x800...