OLE Object (pdf doc Files )

Is there a way to extract information from an ole object?
I have a form that displays a PDF and a word document as an OLE Object.
This is fine on an access form and works well but I require to also provide
links to these documents via a web interface.   I know that I could and have
set up hyperlinks in text fields that work ok but then these do not show the
document on the form like the OLE Object.   My question is, is there a way to
extract the informationj held in the OLE odject (using VBA) so that I can get
the system to automatically retrieve the path to the PDF and place it into a
hidden field for use on the Access Page?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Mike J. Soames

Looking for suggestions...I seem to have lost all my document file
I have lost all of the document files associated with MS Office. I have ver. 07, with Word, Excel, PwrPoint, Publisher all files???? Any ideas? lightbluesmoke wrote: >I have lost all of the document files associated with MS Office. I have ver. >07, with Word, Excel, PwrPoint, Publisher all files???? Any ideas? > > If you have lost all the file associations then clearly the first thing you should do is to try Office Diagnostics. This tool normally corrects 85% of the problems related to links and missing files. I suggest try it on your system before doing a...

Converting from Lotus 1, 2, 3 docs
I have a user who has a bunch of Lotus 1, 2, 3 spreadsheets that he is trying to convert to Excel. His version of Lotus is old (version 5), his version of Excel is 2000 sp2. The files convert but they are missing pages or headings or other unacceptable qualities. Anyone any advice? Michael If you open the files using Excel and save them to an .xls format in the current version you are losing data? A while back I needed to do this. I wrote an application in VB that loops through the files, opens them using Excel (add a reference in VB to MS Office 10) and then save them in the current ...

Access object pane out of place
The main switchboard on access is stuck towards the top of my display and I can't click on the top bar to move the window around or maximize it. How do I fix this? never mind...... "gator" wrote: > The main switchboard on access is stuck towards the top of my display and I > can't click on the top bar to move the window around or maximize it. How do > I fix this? "gator" <gator@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de groupe de discussion : B5CACF0D-C525-4EED-ABAF-68B6742FF1E1@microsoft.com... > The main...

entourage 2008 unable to handle PDF files sent as attachments

Recovering old E-mails an old *.ost file
Hi. I have a user that want to recover e-mails from an old *.ost file. Is this possible? She is running Outlook2002 Dag N ...

pdf file in a UserForm
Is there a way to insert a .pdf file in a UserForm and be able to scroll through the pages? From the VBA Toolbox Right click>Additional Controls> check 'Adobe PDF Reader' form the list of available controls. Drag the control to the user form and use the below code to load the PDF. Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() With Me.AcroPDF1 .LoadFile "d:\ProjectPlan_Website.pdf" .SetShowToolbar (False) .GotoFirstPage End With End Sub -- Jacob "Phil H" wrote: > Is there a way to insert a .pdf file in a UserForm and be able to...

OLE Program Error
When trying to edit a WordArt object that worked properly in the past now receives the following error message and cannot be opened for editing. Error Message: Publisher cannot launch or communicate with the OLE program server program to complete this task. What can be done to aleviate this error? I have gone through the support database and it is way above my head. I'm wondering if it has to do with any MS updates? If any of you are able to assist, it would be deeply appreciated. It would be helpful to know the version of Publisher you are using. There are different solutions for ...

pdf dOCUMENT
Can outlook preview PDF without opning it? Outlook 2007 and later can providing you have a compatible 3rd party PDF previewer installed. "MK" <MK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA5290AA-FA15-4E4E-BA97-EAE70AD3EC34@microsoft.com... > Can outlook preview PDF without opning it? "MK" <MK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA5290AA-FA15-4E4E-BA97-EAE70AD3EC34@microsoft.com... > Can outlook preview PDF without opning it? NOTHING can show you the contents of a file without opening it. A PDF viewer that wo...

BIB, REG, DAT and DB files in CESYSGEN dir...
Hello, I have a doubt....what are the bib, dat, reg and db files in the path PLATFORM\<BSP>\CESYSGEN\FILES ? I always modify the files in the path PLATFORM\<BSP>\FILES. Thanks, Paolo PLATFORM\<BSP>\CESYSGEN\FILES - These files are created during sysgen phase in your platform\<BSP>. See the makefile in the PLATFORM\<BSP>\CESYSGEN dir.the makefile is using the !INCLUDE $(_WINCEROOT)\public\common\cesysgen\CeSysgenPlatform.mak file. this will create PLATFORM\<BSP>\CESYSGEN\FILES dir and call cefilter.exe for all the bib,dat,db,loc and reg...

pictures and objects appear blank in publisher 2002, but print ok
recentl when opening a file with pictures and objects in publisher 2002, they all appear blank. But they will print ok. I tried copying and pasting an object to a new page and its then visible but out of focus as if it has been enlarged too much. If I select all and copy it to a new page then the problem persists Read the third FAQ here Q: Why can I not see images/shapes/lines when editing my publication? http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-u...

Customer Item Number on SOP Docs
hey how is everyone? well - we had the customer item number working perfectly in v 7.5 thru the smarlist dict. This has changed in v8.0 - with the SOP docs moving to Mftg - so our Function Script ASI doesnt work anymore. Has anyone enabled this for the sales docs in v8.0 in the Mftg dict? Ive got our old reports working without the customer code field from smartlist currently but we need to get a new field in there Thanks in advance Theo S :) The ability to have Customer Item numbers showing on the invoice is part of core v8.0 code now. You might just need to modify the existing repo...

XmlConvert and Object type
I'm looking for a way to retrieve data via System.Reflection.FieldInfo.GetValue (which returns an Object) and convert it to XML using XmlConvert.ToString. XmlConvert accepts only specified data types, so I could have a big ugly branching Select statement to call the correct ToString overload... but there must be an easier way. Any suggestions? Cheers, Jon XmlConvert cannot convert any arbitrary object to XML. For that you need the XmlSerializer: YourObjectType t = ... XmlSerializer s = new XmlSerializer(typeof(YourObjectType)); s.Serialize(Console.Out, t); This will g...

OLE
I have a table with fields (Id primary key) and (d_object OLE) The field d_Object contain (data base) as OLE Dear all I want to use VBA To Copy OLE from the table and put it in specific place on my H.D (D:\) for example Is This possible Note this posts also post to table design Thank you It's "Blobs" you want to know about, (binary long objects or somethikng like that.) Its a complex procedure about opening a file for writing, and insterting the blob. I didn't understand it when I tried (to read blobs *in* to OLE) go google "write OLE Blob" or look for...

object variable not set
why does this not work? Set a = WebBrowser2.Document.frames("fraSUTop").Document.getelementsbytagname("TD") Do Set o = a.Item(D) Sheets("Sheet3").Range("D1") = o.innertext Sheets("Sheet3").Range("D2") = Len(Sheets("Sheet3").Range("D1")) If Sheets("Sheet3").Range("D2") <> 7 Then D = D + 1 Loop Until Sheets("Sheet3").Range("D2") = 7 and yet this works fine? D = 10 Do Set a = WebBrowser2.Document.frames("fraSUTop").Document.getelementsbytagname...

PDF To XLS
Is there a way to convert a pdf file to excel? There are several OCR programs that can convert it to text which excel can import, you can probably use the latest free acrobat reader to do it as well although it might be a bummer of a job -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "U of Louisville" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:af2b01c3ec53$c0381f10$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to convert a pdf file to excel? Some links and notes for PDF and Excel http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/pdf.htm --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel ...

What is an .swp file? And why is it so huge?
131,072kb And is it a friend or foe? It's a file that Windows creates. Think of it as a way to leave files out on the desk so you can find them easier. When you reboot, the file will shrink, then grow again as you work. In other words, it's normal. Melissa "Carol" <carol@willapabay.org> wrote in message news:129cf01c3f6a8$b3e2f500$a001280a@phx.gbl... > 131,072kb > > And is it a friend or foe? Carol wrote: > 131,072kb > > And is it a friend or foe? What has this to do with Publisher?! If a file is large enough to exhaust your computer'...

Excel files being renamed
I have recently installed 2 new Win2k3 servers at a client running DFS and FRS when Excel files are saved to the server they appear normal (eg. filename.xls) but after a few seconds the name changes (eg. 123456) the server is running an Anti-Virus package and is reporting no viruses. Any help on this would be appriciated. When excel saves the file, it saves it as a temporary file with a funny name (8 characters--no extension). If the save is successful, xl will delete the original (or rename it to its backup name (like "backup of book1.xlk)) and if that's successful, xl will ...

2 Files Open In 2 Instances Of Excel
Hi. Hope someone can help. I have a spreadsheet that contains userforms as navigation tools fo that specific spreadsheet. If I open a windows browser and try to load another Excel file whils one of these Userforms is active, it does open the file, but behind th userform. This also then causes problems with the navigation of the buttons o the userform, as the buttons tend to point t ActiveWorkbook.Sheets........ etc. Is there a way to set Excel to open all new files double clicked on i the Windows browser, in completely separate instance of Excel? So tha they would run separately and n...

Cannot locate file
I cannot open Excel files through the file. The tag states 'The system cannot find the specified file'. Sometimes the tag says 'Cannot find the file C\.... (or one of it scomponents). make sure the path and filename are corrrect and that all required libraries are available'. I have tried detect and repair and reinstalled Office XP peofessional. Any ideas please? Sometimes one of these works: Close Excel and Windows Start Button|Run excel /unregserver then Windows Start Button|Run excel /regserver The /unregserver & /regserver stuff resets the windows registr...

Word docs open in 2007 instead of 2010.
I have Office 2010 on my laptop and PC. I also need to retain Office 2007 for instructional purposes. When I double click any type of Word file on the laptop it opens in 2010 - great, that's what I want. However, double click the same on the PC and it opens and starts to instal 2007 - don't want that. I have used 'Open with...' the default shows the 2010 icon but the PC still wants to start up 2007. I can open files in 2010 but only after having first started 2010 from the programs menu. Any ideas? John -- John Whyte Both versions share some resource...

Importing text file
I'm attempting import a text file into excel. In the first Step of the Text Import Wizard, I need to define the File Origin as "Nafitha" (Arabic Font), but the only options available are MS-DOS, Windows and Macintosh. Without this, i can only read numbers but not the arabic text. Where can i get/download/install that from ?? (i'm using Office 2000) ...

extension .doc,dot,xls
Hello i am having a problem when saving a file coming with extension exmaple (file name .doc ,xls.dot) when save as .Kindly advice how i can get save the file without the extension and even when i click on save the document .doc is there can't change it .kindly advice Why would you want to save it without the extension? Extensions are the means whereby Windows allocates applications to open those files. Well designed software will not allow you to save files without the required extension. You can probably edit the filename to remove the extension, but I canno...

Importing PST file
Hi I recently upgraded to Win 2000 and am using Outlook 97. I have a PST file created whilst in Win 98 and am trying to import it into outlook in 2000. When I try to do this, I get a message that I do not have permission to access the file. I have looked at permission in help but am only more confused. Can someone please advise how I can access this file?? It also happens that all my files in word are read-only, and this happened once I upgraded to Win 2000, not out of something I did.. Some sort of security in operation? I originally upgraded to Win XP and this PST file import worked fine...

screenshot changed to text: OLE-object: Picture
Hello, One of our users sent an RTF email with two pasted screenshots. When forwarding or replying, the first screenshot is replaced with the text: << OLE-object: Picture (Metafile) >> The second screenshot is replaced by the text: << OLE-object: Picture (Device Independent Bitmap) >> In previous cases I always told the person who complained to tell the sender that he has to attach, not paste, the screenshots. But in this case I was asked to investigate the issue. I am quite sure that it is impossible for the receiver to prevent the change from image to text. I hav...

MY OLE stopped working?
Until recently My Corel Photo Shop 6 program was integrated with outlook so that if I wanted to "Email" a picture, Corel would open a new Email message with the desired file(s) as an attachment. As of today, I get a "Not Implemented" message from Outlook, and then some weird error messages. Strangely enough, the message is created and is sitting in the "outbox" with no addresses, so it never leaves, so I can close the session, open the email and edit the address and everything works fine... but why did something "break". Thanks Ooops, oh yea......