Odd date problem

I'm reposting this as this is a very strange problem in Access. I'm using
2003. After my entry is an entry by missinglinq via AccessMonster.com who was
able to reproduce the error.

Looking forward to comments/fixes. Thanks, Rob

I have the following in the DblClick event for the control CaseStart which is
a date/time field. The problem is that once the control is double clicked the
form remains in edit mode, even though I've told it not be editable.
Additionally, when the control is double clicked, it shoudn't enter in the
time until the Edit button has been clicked on the form. The form opens with
Me.AllowEdits = False, and this works for everything but the control at
issue.

Me.CaseStart = Time()
Me.AllowEdits = False

I've also put the following in the control's after update event;
Me.Form.frmVisitNewEdit.AllowEdits = False
But to no avail.

As always, your help is greatly appreciated.

rob
missinglinq's entry below
This is even stranger! After doing some more noodling with this problem I did
manage to reproduce it! Don't understand it, but maybe someone else here can
explain it.

When I tried to repoduce the problem using a form based on a single table, I
couldn't do so, as noted in my last post. However, when I tried the same
thing on a form based on a query pulling from multiple tables, the problem
you're experiencing did raise iit's ugly head! Most curious!

Answers/posts based on Access 2000

hi Rob,

RobUCSD wrote:
> The form opens with
> Me.AllowEdits = False, and this works for everything but the control at
> issue.
Have you tried this sequence:

   Me.AllowEdits = True
> Me.CaseStart = Time()
   Me.Dirty = False
> Me.AllowEdits = False

mfG
--> stefan <--
0
Stefan
3/14/2007 2:19:25 PM
hi Rob,

RobUCSD wrote:
> Hello Stefan, your solution works as far as keeping the form in edit false
> mode after clicking on the control. I would still like to figure out why, if
> the form is in edits= false, the field is updatable w/o clicking on the Edit
> button.
You are editing the control, so i think this is interpreted as an
implict AllowEdit.

mfG
--> stefan <--
0
Stefan

can I merge birth dates on calendars
i'd like to print candars yearly for my family with all birthdays included, but without re-typing them ...

CRM 4.0 VPC Problem
I downloaded CRM 4.0 VPC, extracted them, and I got MSDYCRM40VPC_BASE.vhd. After I create a new virtual machine for this vhd, I got an message "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device" when I clicked Start. So, it have not brought me to WINDOW LOGIN SCREEN. Anyone had this CRM 4.0 VPC worked, please help me how to get it work to get away from a message above. Thanks and Appreciations -Toi "Toi Day" <ToiDay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:50BF3D76-10D8-4CF0-90BC-EFF8E0D925A0@microsoft.com... > I...

Problem opening attachment
I have a user who has recieved an email that is trying to open the attachment, when she goes to open it or even save as on the attachment she receives the message; "Cant create file <filename> Right-click the folder you want to create the file in, and then click properties on the shortcut menu to check your permissions for the folder." She has full access to the machine as she is the local administrator and no nfts permissions are set to any of the folders shes tried opening it to (as a temp file) or saving. I've sent this email onto a couple of other users incl...

Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2000 problem
I am running Exchange 2003, which is replicating with a Exchange 5.5 box. I have everything moved to the 2003 server (mailboxes, public folders, etc.), and have just been giving myself a couple week window before I remove the 5.5 box from the organization. Yesterday, I decided to shutdown the 5.5 box to see how everything worked without it. I am having a few odd problems with various users. With certain users, when they start Outlook 2000, it will come up, but then lock up immediately. Or, it will come up, and then lock up as soon as a user clicks the New button to compose a new message. ...

date validation
On SOP Order Entry date expansion a date validation is required on the Requested Ship Date ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=e2bb2645-1125-496c-9c65-4da2235e...

Odd date format
In Column A I need to format a date, without dashes or slashes, in this way: yymmdd In Column B I need Excel to recognize it as a date, in that order and convert it to a regular date such as: mm/dd/yy Is there any way of doing this? It's driving me crazy. Surely there has to be a way. TIA! Cindy Cindy Hi Cindy, Can be done, but a lot simpler is to do it the other way around: Enter the date in Column A as mm/dd/yy In column B: =A1, Format>Cells>Custom, in the Type box, enter yymmdd If you really need it otherwise: post again! -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP -...

backup problem
Hi I had installed backup for office 2003, I had been backing up to a removable disk. I had removed the disk and kept getting messages that was unable to back up to removable disk, even though I have turned off all automatic backup options. I have since removed back up "feature" but still get the 4 or 5 steps stating unable to find disk etc, any ideas how to get rid of this wonderful microsoft feature. thanks tim If by removed you mean 'uninstalled' then it would appear the uninstall wasnt successfull. In OL ensure backup is not selected within Addins "Tim&...

System Date
Hi, getting the date by VBA/Excel function "date()" in my English Excel I expect to receive "/" drviding month from day and year. That, I belive, is true in an American English environment. Can be implied same divider in the British English environment, or is it there for exampel "-"? I need this info to be able to distinguish between a German and an English environment. Possibly you know an even more dependable language-indicator in MS Office than the date!? Regards Peter On Sat, 26 Mar 2011 10:56:05 +0100, "Peter Ostermann" <peter-ostermann@...

calculate number of months from date entry
What's the best way to enter dates, so that I can have Excel calculate the number of months between the two dates and what's the best function to use for calculating the number of months? Thanks for any suggestions. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/datetime.htm >-----Original Message----- >What's the best way to enter dates, so that I can have Excel calculate the >number of months between the two dates and what's the best function to use >for calculating the number of months? > >Thanks for any suggestions. >. > Hi, thanks for the lead. I f...

Problems attaching files
Please help! I have had problems attaching files. I get an error saying when I try to attach files...the error window says the resource is full and to close some programs even when I have none running. Please help! ...

Formula Bar Problem
I have just reinstalled Office XP 2002 version. I have installed SP3. In Excel when I click on view Formula Bar the spreadsheet disappears and leaves a clear screen though all the toolbars etc still show. Click again so the formula bar is unselected and the spreadsheet comes back. It looks as though the formula bar is very large with the font x00 points! But I still cannot get into the spreadsheet. I don't really want to go through reinstalling Excel - any ideas? Richard ...

xsd.exe bug or odd xsd file
I was given a couple of XSD files so that I could generate a client that targeted a SOAP/RPC web service. One of the XSDs includes a definition of an element that is a sequence of row elements, which in turn is defined as a sequence of column elements. The CS class file generated defines the sequence of row elements "rows as column() ()" rather than "row() As row". This seems to give trouble to XmlSerializer. With XmlSerializerPreCompiler I was able to narrow the problem down and guess at the problem. I made the change that I indicated above because this seems...

Namespace problems
Hi; I am creating an XmlDocument (.net 2.0) and then saving it. I need the final xml file to look as follows (SpreadsheetML schema - I have no control over it): <Workbook xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:spreadsheet" xmlns:o="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" xmlns:dt="uuid:C2F41010-65B3-11d1-A29F-00AA00C14882" xmlns:ss="schemas-microsoft-com:office:spreadsheet"> <CustomDocumentProperties xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office"> <WindwardReports dt:dt="string">Version: 4.0.12</Wi...

Intelligent Message Filter behaves very odd
I have the IMF that comes with Exchange 2003 sp2 installed and working very well, (I never had IMF v1 installed ) the only issue I have is when I set up my custom thresholds and actions under "Gateway blocking configuration" they are changed by it self to defaults the next day and I have to be change them back to my desire settings everyday. Does someone know how to fix this? or is there any registry key or setting in AD where to set this up? I've read the IMF guide but I found nothing about this. I have 2 exchange back-end servers and 1 front-end server, I also have tried ...

faq CArray member function Add problem
Hi, Headcke! I define some classes as fellows: CMyPoint { .... CMyPoint(const long &xx, const long &yy); CMyPoint(const CMyPoint &cmpt); CMyPoint(const CPoint &cpt); CMyPoint& operator = (const CMyPoint &assmypt); CMyPoint& operator = (const CPoint &asspt); .... }; CSegment { .... CList<CMyPoint,CMyPoint> m_PointList; .... CSegment& operator = (const CSegment& asssignsegmet); .... }; But when I use them CArray<CSegment,CSegment> tmpmyarray; CSegment tmpsegment; tmpsegment.m_PointList.RemoveAll(); tmpsegment.m_nIndex=0; tmp...

"You cannot open two documents with the same name" message problem
Hi All, I am wondering if anyone has a solution on this. There is a Word 2007 file (docx) that has links to an Excel file. They are both resided in the same folder. When the files are moved to another folder, the link path does not get updated =96 which I understand. But when the Word file is first opened, the following message came up: A document with the name "xxx.xlsm" is already open. You cannot open two documents with the same name, even if the documents are in different folders. To open the second documents, either close the document that's currently open...

I can only see the date of my emails, not the time
I recently changed something in the way the date and time is displayed on new emails. I used to be able to see the exact time an email was received, but now it only shows the date. How do I see the time again? did you change the long date settings in windows or edit the field display in outlook (r-click on the field names and choose custom, format columns) -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://w...

Odd Issue
Exchange 2003 on native 2003 AD. I am really baffled. I have a distribution group called school admin. It has 2 users in it, Jodi and Mark. When someone (anyone) makes a calander event and adds School Admin to the attendies, Jodi gets the request, Mark does not. Here's the wierd part. Beth and Robyn, are not on the DL, are not connected to that school. Beth get the invitation and whoever sent the invite gets a NDR about Robyn. I have deleted the DL and recreated it. I have looked at Jodi and Marks deligation and it's clean. Where else can I look? Thanks, Fred That ...

Holiday Dates in Footer
Hello, This is for Access 2003. I have a query, qrySpecialDays, and I would like to get a list of dates to print in the footer section of the report. Currently I have a textbox in the Page Footer that is bound to the dteSpec fieldname of the query. When I preview the report only the 1st date from the query results is displayed. What I want displayed is as follows. Monday, May 24, 2010 Friday, July 1, 2010 Friday, August 27, 2010 Is it possible to have a list of all dates displayed in the footer? -- Regards, Chris To do what you want you would need to put a SUB-Report...

formula for cycle time from date -to-date w/o weekend included
I am tracking number of days between two date points with the =L933-K933 formula. With formula it give the total days. K933 | L933 | days 10/1/03 | 10/6/03 | 5 With this example, it includes the weekend in the formula. Is there a way to tell my formula to only include business days? Steve Steve, Lookup NETWORKDAYS in help. It's part of the Analysis Toolpak addin, so you will need to install that. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Steve" <feelin_irie2001@yahoo...

Opening an old Word document, date changed to current date
When I open old Word documents, the date gets automatically changed to the current date and I can't view the date that the document actually had. I am using MS Office 2007, but the old document was created in Word 2003. I can see the date that the file was last modified in the details of the file, but I cant guarantee that the date of the document is the same as the date last modified for the file. Press Alt+F9 to toggle the field code display and edit the DATE field code to read CREATEDATE. Then Alt+F9 to toggle back and F9 to update. The date displayed will be the date th...

Problems when clicking on a hyperlink in Outlook 2000
When I click on a hyperlink in Outlook 2000 MS IE opens an empty browser window and the address box is empty as well. I've tried the solution published under Q329912 but it did not work. Any help would be great. Thank you, Karine ...

Imported Date Format
I have imported data from an accounting program and the date format is 20070101 for January 1, 2007. I have looked at various sites that would use Left(),Mid(),Right() to break the numbers and then put them back into 2007/01/01 but was wondering if anyone had a simpler solution. Thanks, Lee Coleman =DATE(LEFT(A1,4),MID(A1,5,2),RIGHT(A1,2)) Look familiar? "Lee" wrote: > I have imported data from an accounting program and the date format is > 20070101 for January 1, 2007. I have looked at various sites that would use > Left(),Mid(),Right() to break the numbers and ...

OWA Problem #24
Hi All I have recently added a new exchange server to our network as the old one was getting a bit old and error ridden and have started to move mailboxes between the two and this works fine. OWA was setup on the old exchange server which is also a DC and ISA server with a direct connection to the net for ISA. This box is still in place and will continue to be a DC and ISA server after I have fully moved all the exchange users. The new Exchange server is on the internal network with IP 192.168.0.4 Now the problem! OWA external access still works fine for users on the old exchange box b...

Change the format of my footer {date} option?
I would like to show the date in my footer as January 25, 2005 instead of the default 01/25/05 Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) With ActiveSheet .PageSetup.LeftFooter = Format(Date, "mmmm dd, yyyy") End With End Sub put this in the ThisWorkbook code module. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Tori" <Tori@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:817363F1-32AB-4528-B1D6-304F8E712EA8@microsoft.com... > I would like to show the date in my footer as January 25, 2005 instead of the &g...