Notes table and IndirectDataInput / Date stamp in Memo field

I am trying out the previous suggestions for a solution regarding time/date
stamp in a memo field. Both are very interesting.

In the case of a separate Notes Table…how do I transfer the current memo
field to the memo field record in the new Notes table? My database resides
900 records with memo fields…

Thankful for advice!

You will need a foreign key in the Notes table that tells you, for every row
in the notes table, which is the row in the main table that the note belongs
to.

You need to extract both the notes and the PK of the record for each note.
Use a query to do this.
Check that query does contain all the notes together with the matching PK's,
then make it an append query and append the records to the Notes table.

>I am trying out the previous suggestions for a solution regarding time/date
> stamp in a memo field. Both are very interesting.
>
> In the case of a separate Notes Table.how do I transfer the current memo
> field to the memo field record in the new Notes table? My database resides
> 900 records with memo fields.
>
> Thankful for advice!

0
Jeanette
11/20/2009 1:21:16 AM
Thank you very much Jeanette, i will deep dive into the world of foreign keys
and append queries..there is much to learn here. My foreign key is based on a
autonumber formatted field..that this have any effect on this...?

Once again, Thanks!

"Jeanette Cunningham" wrote:

> You will need a foreign key in the Notes table that tells you, for every row
> in the notes table, which is the row in the main table that the note belongs
> to.
>
> You need to extract both the notes and the PK of the record for each note.
> Use a query to do this.
> Check that query does contain all the notes together with the matching PK's,
> then make it an append query and append the records to the Notes table.
>

> Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia
>

> "Peter" <Peter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am trying out the previous suggestions for a solution regarding time/date
> > stamp in a memo field. Both are very interesting.
> >
> > In the case of a separate Notes Table.how do I transfer the current memo
> > field to the memo field record in the new Notes table? My database resides
> > 900 records with memo fields.
> >
> > Thankful for advice!
> >

> .

Your foreign key is the same as most other developers use for their foreign
keys .

> Thank you very much Jeanette, i will deep dive into the world of foreign
> keys
> and append queries..there is much to learn here. My foreign key is based
> on a
> autonumber formatted field..that this have any effect on this...?
>
> Once again, Thanks!
>
> "Jeanette Cunningham" wrote:
>
>> You will need a foreign key in the Notes table that tells you, for every
>> row
>> in the notes table, which is the row in the main table that the note
>> belongs
>> to.
>>
>> You need to extract both the notes and the PK of the record for each
>> note.
>> Use a query to do this.
>> Check that query does contain all the notes together with the matching
>> PK's,
>> then make it an append query and append the records to the Notes table.
>>

>> Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia
>>

>> "Peter" <Peter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am trying out the previous suggestions for a solution regarding
>> >time/date
>> > stamp in a memo field. Both are very interesting.
>> >
>> > In the case of a separate Notes Table.how do I transfer the current
>> > memo
>> > field to the memo field record in the new Notes table? My database
>> > resides
>> > 900 records with memo fields.
>> >
>> > Thankful for advice!
>> >

>> .

0
Jeanette

how to generate a tracefile for one user (log field changes)
How can I get a logfile or report on all things that a specific user has done in MS CRM ? Is this possible ? and if so, How ? Regards Wim There was a recent article posted on MSDN that outlines how to add Auditing to CRM. That should give you a good starting point. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On 13 Jan 2005 08:03:27 -0800, wim.geukens@traviata.be (Wim) wrote: How can I get a logfile or report on all things that a specific user has done in MS CRM ? Is this possible ? and if so, How ? Regards Wim ...

adding new fields with linked vaules
I am working with an access 2003 database that contains comments that are updated on a regular basis in a form method. I am looking for a way to add a new field to the record once a new comment is added that will be linked to the project ID number and also include a time stamp. In other words, everytime someone makes a new comment, another row should appear in the table. This row would contain to project ID number, the comment, and the date the comment was made. What is the best way to go about this? I'm a new user and not extremely well versed in code writing. =[ Thanks! Hi Mara ...

count of totals for pivot table
I have the below table in a pivot table. When I change the sub total field to a 'count' I would expect it to change to 2 but it stays on 3. 1st Jan heading 1 apples oranges 2 pears bananas 1 heading 1 sub total 3 I need another cell on another worksheet to look up the heading 1 sub total cell as a 'count' not a 'total'. The source data keeps changing and new fruits are added to the list etc. ...

Make table from table
I have data on a large number of samples that I want to track with Access. To start I created a table (the Sample Table) with each sample as a separate record, including some hyperlink fields that point to the location of the data on the sample. So far so good. Now I need to do pairwise comparisons of the sample data. My plan was to construct a second table (the Comparison Table) listing pairs of sample numbers of the samples to be compared. I thought that I would be able to lookup the required information in Sample Table, copy it to Comparison Table, and then write a macro to do t...

Notes to a File
Hello, I use my Notes to store usernames and passwords (bad, I know). I want to transfer them all to a Word File and then delete them but I can't seem to do this in bulk. Any ideas? Thanks! "GeorgeA" <GeorgeA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F8115371-3ADE-421B-90A5-3CCB833DC8D0@microsoft.com... > I use my Notes to store usernames and passwords (bad, I know). I want to > transfer them all to a Word File and then delete them but I can't seem to do > this in bulk. Export your Notes folder to a CSV or TSV file and open that in Wor...

How to substitute for a non-existing column in a joined table
Hi, Is there a simpler way than a UNION to return a default value of a joined table for which a corresponding row does not exist? The following example (not a working one, of course) illustrates what I'm after. I'd like to return 'N/A' as c2name if there is no matching row in t2 SELECT t1.c1 (CASE t2.t1pk WHEN NULL THEN 'N/A' ELSE t2.name END) AS c2name, FROM t1 LEFT JOIN t2 ON t2.t1pk = t1.pk Thanks. On 2010-04-21 21:05, bob wrote: > Is there a simpler way than a UNION to return a default value of a joined > table for which a ...

string tables
Can anyone give me information or a good link about if and how one could access and load a string table w/o doing it manually through an IDE. We are porting an old DOS project that used "language" files. During the application startup, we would load the appropriate language file. It would be nice if we could use/write a small program or tool to load the string table. We want to be able to specify the ID, value and caption (string) for each entry. Thx, "J Garcia" <jggarcia@nospam.controlgaging.com> wrote in message news:uOKDZ0RmFHA.4000@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...

Broken counter for Notes and Tasks in Outlook Today
When I choose the folders Notes and Tasks in "Customize Outlook Today">Messages, the Notes and Tasks appears in the column of Outlook Today with zero being the number next to it. The numbers never change even though I have made notes and tasks. It always shows zero. Is that the same for anyone else or does it show the number of tasks and notes that one has. If so, how do I fix so that the amount of tasks and notes appears. Thanks ...

Difference in dates calculations except between certain times.
I am trying to calculate the difference between two date/time entries in minutes excluding a certain period of time. EG date 1:- 1/10/2006 19:30; date 2:- 1/11/2006 10:00. i am aware that the formula for calculating out the minutes is =(2nd date-1st date)*1440 which returns the answer 870 but i am trying to exclude the time between 23:00 and 07:00 the following morning so i would like the answer to return 390 minutes. The formula would have to work between multiple days such as 1/10/2006 - 4/01/2006 i.e a spilt of 3 days but excluding the times 23:00 to 07:00 as above. Please advi...

Cannot edit data in forms but can in tables
I have a problem! I created a database where I can only edit the data in tables. In the forms I created I can see the data but cannot edit the data. I am using 2007 that I have set so the file can be opened in 2003. The data was imported to create tables from two Excel spread sheets using the wizard. The tables are linked together and the combined data is shown in a report. This all works without a problem. Now I need to edit the data, so I created several forms all of which I cannot add, delete or edit the data. I saw under the User and Group Permissions that u...

Notes in the SOP Sales Transaction, are incorrect
Hi, I am just recently experiencing this error, the notes in the "Sales Trx Entry", either for the document number, or customer or Inventory ID, are not correct. This is because in certain cases, notes dated from 09/06/2002 (dd/mm/yyyy) are attached to current documents, ie. deliverynotes/invoices any reason as to why this could be happening, and how to resolve it Thanks in Advance Sajid Saeed It sounds like your next record Note Index (NOTEINDX) in the SY_Company_MSTR (SY01500) table is too low. So it is giving new records Note Index's which have already been used and ...

Do not modify the table???
Looking for data flow diagram of GP 9.0 SQL tables I found this: 3. Do not modify the table – sometimes it seems to be nice if you just append couple of extra columns to the table - like in IV00101 - inventory master file why wouldn't you just add couple of additional descriptions. If you do this - Great Plains Dexterity engine will fail reading all your items - due to the fact that DYNAMICS.DIC (main Great Plains Dictionary file) has exact description of all the tables and Dexterity uses it for reading and writing into the specific table http://www.albaspectrum.com/Customization...

last date saved
Ok, I have been working on this for a while. I got some sheets to work but others don't. This is how I am doing it. Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) Dim wkSht As Worksheet For Each wkSht In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets wkSht.PageSetup.RightFooter = "&8Last Saved : " & _ ThisWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties("Last Save Time") Next wkSht End Sub But on some sheets, It dosen't work. Also is there a way of putting it into a certin cell and not the footer? Thanks, Buddy Buddy, No reason that shouldn't wo...

lines of text...notes box
I have created a custom database for our marketing woman, I have designed the table and layout...but I have created a Notes box for the user to enter information into. But the notes box is getting full and I would like to configure it so the notes box can be unlimited rows or attach a text file to the table if needed...I have read somewhere thatg the notes box is limited to 255 lines is that right?? any help gratefully recieved but please be aware I dont know much about access Hi Mister Bobzi, Rather than defining the notes area as a Text field, make its properties a Memo field. A M...

Pivot Table 05-12-10
I want to format a pivot table in such that each of the blank cells in a column can be formatted to be blank instead of the words (blank) in the cell. On May 12, 11:19=A0am, dwake <dw...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I want to format a pivot table in such that each of the blank cells in a > column can be formatted to be blank instead of the words (blank) in the c= ell. Instead of blank, what about invisible? Use a conditional formatting that changes values that equal (blank) to a white font, the values will no longer appear in the worksheet, unless highlighted ...

downloaded transaction date
There used to be a setting in prior versions of Money to not overwrite your money file with the downloaded transaction dates when matching transactions. Does anybody know how to make that change in Money 2005? I've not had any luck finding it. Thanks. -z I found the setting - tools/settings/online services/uncheck the 'overwrite transactions' box. Cheers, -z "zender" <anonymous@aol.com> wrote in message news:uelFWDVuEHA.2788@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > There used to be a setting in prior versions of Money to not overwrite > your money file with t...

Detail XML Table
Hi, This code does not work in IE 6.0: <html> <body> <!-- <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?> <CATALOG> <CD> <TITLE>Empire Burlesque</TITLE> <ARTIST>Bob Dylan</ARTIST> <YEARS> <YEAR>1985</YEAR> <YEAR>1986</YEAR> <YEAR>1988</YEAR> </YEARS> </CD> <CD> <TITLE>Hide your heart</TITLE> <ARTIST>Bonnie Tyler</ARTIST> <YEARS> <YEAR>1988</YEAR> </YEARS> </CD> &l...

check box to update field in table with 4 or 0
On my form I need a check box. I would like the check box update the table field "Issue1" with a value of 4 if it is checked and a value of 0 if it is not checked. Is this possible and if so what is the code. How can I make this update my table with the correct number 4 or 0? Thanks in advance, -- deb Access Yes/No fields (?is this what you mean by checkbox field) have values of 0 (False/No) and -1 (True/Yes). If you'll explain more about what "4" represents, and what business need you are attempting to solve by storing a "4", the newsgroup reade...

auto fill in data when changing fields
i new to crm 4 and i would like to; once i selected the account i need it to grab the main phone and put it in the phone field, and could you tell me where i need to do this, thanks -- j.hardy you can modify the mappings of the corresponding relationship "moon" wrote: > i new to crm 4 and i would like to; once i selected the account i need it to > grab the main phone and put it in the phone field, and could you tell me > where i need to do this, thanks > -- > j.hardy ...

notes printing
I normally give the training attendees notes of the presentation after training. There are 4 slides per sheet and I observe that there is a lot of space unused. can I make the slides occupy more space so that they are bigger and easier to read afd See if this help: http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/Handouts.html -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html "afdmello" wrote: > I normally give the training attendees notes of the presentation after > trai...

Kit Components in SOP and Inventory Tables
We have inventory items that we sell as a kit and as individual components. I use Access to query data from SQL tables and am able to get info quicker and more detailed than in Smart List. This works well for many of our sales and commission reports. In order to get accurate reports in the past by inv item # I query all line items that have an extended price > zero, this eliminates the kit components, but includes the kit item and the items we sell as individual components. The tables I am currently using are RM00101, SOP30200, SOP30300, IV00101 - where ITMGEDSC = "lens or len...

How do I save notes in outlook?
I have a number of Notes saved for Outlook 2003 and I have lost them in the past because I assumed they we're saved along with my Archieve information, only to find out later they were not. Had to start creating them from scratch which was a pain. How can Outlook 2003 NOTES be saved? Please advise. Thanks. You can copy/export the Notes to a PST file. To export use the File menu > Import & Export command or you can open a PST using the File menu > Open > Outlook Data File command then drag/drop the notes into the other PST. "jhr07" <jhr07@discussions.mi...

Weighted Average in Pivot Table
I have a pivot table based on the following data Region Team Assets Return North A 10 12 North B 20 4 North C 30 -5 South A 50 3 South C 25 5 South D 60 8 East A 4 9 East B 12 4 West A 100 6 West B 25 18 West C 3 4 West D 32 1 that looks like this Average of Return Region Total East 6.50 North 3.67 South 5.33 West 7.25 Grand Total 5.75 However, instead of simple average, I would like to see a weighted average, so for example, the weighted average of East would be 4/(4+12)* 9 + 12/(4+12)* 4 or 5.50 instead of the simple average of 6.50. Can I do this within a pivot tab...

Calculated fields in Pivot Tables
Is it possible to use an "if" formula when creating a calculated field? I have an existing field in my pivot table called commissions and I want to create a new field that will give me a 1 if for each row if commissions are over 4 and a 0 if they are under 4. Is this possible? What is the formula? It seems ok Try something like : =IF(Commissions>=4,1,0) -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Singapore, GMT+8 xdemechanik http://savefile.com/projects/236895 -- "lj" <lj@spu.edu> wrote in message news:1132008509.143327.194520@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Is it possible to u...

combine date and time cells
I have a data recorder that records start and start time. When I export the data out of the device it comes across with date in one cell [=DATE(104,1,27)] January 27, 2004, and time in another [(=TIME(3,16,12)] 03:16:12 AM in Lotus 123 format. I open in excel and have tried to combine the two cells using the "&" key but can't get the result to yield a date and time in Excel. The formula that I used to combine the two cells is "=U7&" " & V7" where U7 and V7 are date and time respectively. I have also tried the formula as "=U7&...