No record selection pleaseeee ...

Hello:

I have a form with 2 sub forms in/on it.  For whatever reason, on both
sub-forms, 1 record on each is active or current ( the right triangle ).  Is
there any way to not have a current record selected or active?  I guess
there has to be a current record or BOF flag, but some of us are strange
people and I was just wondering if it is possible not to have it.

Thanks

0
John

In news:eTb3edQ4HHA.5424@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl,
John DOE <someone@somewhere.com> wrote:
> Hello:
>
> I have a form with 2 sub forms in/on it.  For whatever reason, on both
> sub-forms, 1 record on each is active or current ( the right triangle
> ).  Is there any way to not have a current record selected or active?
> I guess there has to be a current record or BOF flag, but some of us
> are strange people and I was just wondering if it is possible not to
> have it.

No.  If you have a bound form, and it contains records or allows the
addition of a new record, there will always be a current record.  That
current record may be the new, blank record, waiting for you to fill
something in, but that record will be considered current.

You could set things up so that the subforms are empty (no records) and
don't allow addition of any records (AllowAdditions = False) until you
decide that you want to allow records to be displayed or added.  That
would make the subforms' details sections completely blank until you
change something.  Or you could keep the subforms unbound until you have
a use for them.

--
Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP
www.datagnostics.com

(please reply to the newsgroup)

0
Dirk
8/17/2007 8:51:03 PM
Unless otherwise specified in your code, the first record is always current
in a form on open.

Steve

"John DOE" wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I have a form with 2 sub forms in/on it.  For whatever reason, on both
> sub-forms, 1 record on each is active or current ( the right triangle ).  Is
> there any way to not have a current record selected or active?  I guess
> there has to be a current record or BOF flag, but some of us are strange
> people and I was just wondering if it is possible not to have it.
>

> Thanks

How do I add a record counter to my form
I would like to add my own record counter, like "Record # of #", to my form. How can I do this? Private Sub Form_Load() DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNext DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acFirst End Sub Private Sub Form_Current() Me.Caption = "Record " & CurrentRecord & " Of " & RecordsetClone.RecordCount & " Records" End Sub This code places the info in the form's title area. To place it in a Label, substitute Me.LableName.Caption for Me.Caption. To place it in a TextBox, substitute Me.TextBoxName.Va...

Record recording
I need help in creating an automatic record form a file to an individual record. Example: You would make a work order for three different employees the first employees work order enter name, date, location, time, cost, and then this information would automatically be recorded to a permanent work sheet record specific to that employee. I have tried to manipulate VLOOKUP for this but to no avail. Any clue or help would be greatly appreciated. -- cdixon ------------------------------------------------------------------------ cdixon's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=ge...

Help with sql which counts records
Could someone help me to extend this sql to include: 1. a count of txtsole where the field is a YES/NO field and I want a count of where the answer is YES 2. a count of txtmulti where the field is a YES/NO field and I want a count of where the answer is YES 3. a count of txtsole where the field is a YES/NO field and I want a count of where the answer is YES 4. a count of txtnbrparts where the field is a number field and I want a count of where the answer greater than 1 I think I need to extend the WHERE statement? SELECT tblhvdealspt1.txtablhybrid, Count(*) AS totals, tblhvdealspt...

Selecting specific records
Is it possible to create a form with a "select" field (yes/no box), to select several items (say employees) and then output this information to a report with only the fields selected? -- Lori A. Pong How about multi-select list box? HTH -- -Larry- -- "Lori" <lpong@sternconstruction.com> wrote in message news:CAE5922D-92E5-4A01-83B2-6484024725C5@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to create a form with a "select" field (yes/no box), to select > several items (say employees) and then output this information to a report > with only the fields sele...

Multiple records in table to display single records
My table has 3 columns, A is account numbers, B is first name, C is last name. If an account has 2 owners, the account number is listed twice in C1, like this: A B C 123 Hank Jones 123 Ann Jones 231 Mike Smith 321 Jim John I want to query this table to display the names side by side if there is more than one owner, so that my data appears like this: A B C D E 123 Hal Jones Ann Jones 231 Tim Smith 321 Jim John Help please! Sorry, got the names mixed up! "Hurrikane4" wrote: > My table has 3 columns, A is account numb...

How do I trigger an event on opening a record
I have an Access 2003 form where I would like to take an action (e.g. via an event procedure or macro) whwnever the user opens a record for editing (e.g. via the arrowed record selector buttons). Effectively what I want is something like an On Enter or On Open control but relating to a whole record. It seems that such a control is only available for (e.g.) a text box, which relates to a single field in a record. I thought there would be something in the Detail section of the form as I thought that section related to whole records (?) but there isn't such a control there. Any idea...

Object Source / Record Source
Hello I have created a database regarding the School System. I have created three forms (one form and two subforms) one main form is (Students) where i enter student's name, father's name, phone, address etc. now on the main Student form i want to place a subform. But the thing i want to know is: I want to make two buttons on my main form (Fees) and (Progress).. because i have two subforms (sbffees and sbfprogress) now the record source of subformbox should be controled with these two buttons. when i click the ( Fee) button the Source Object should be (sbf-fee) and when i c...

Outlook client 'View in CRM' does not open the record
My 'View in CRM' button is not opening the CRM record. Pop-up blocker is turned off. Any other ideas? Thank you very much! Suzy ...

Record Count 10-02-07
Experts, I'm trying to dynamically stored the record count from a subform into a field on my form. Now I have to look at the record count on the subform and manually entered the count into a field on form. There must be a better way. Please help! In the Control Source property of a text box on the main form: =[SubFormControlName].[Form].[recordset].[RecordCount] Where SubFormControlName is the name of the subform control, Not the name of the form that is the Source Object of the subform control. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Shiller" wrote: > Experts, >...

MCI recording silence, but Sound Recorder records OK.
Hello everybody, This code using MCI is working fine in many PCs, but one (in which only a long silence is recorded): // // OPEN // sMsg.Format("open new type waveaudio alias %s", m_sWavName); mciError = mciSendString(sMsg, lpszReturnString, 256, NULL); (...) sMsg.Format("status %s mode wait", m_sWavName); mciError = mciSendString(sMsg, lpszReturnString, 256, NULL); (...) sMsg.Format("set %s format tag PCM", m_sWavName); mciError = mciSendString(sMsg, lpszReturnString, 256, NULL); (...) sMsg.Format("set %s channels 1", m_sWavName); mciE...

Control the number of records shown in a report/subreport.
I've posted this question before and when I follow the advice, I keep getting a circular reference error. So I'm hoping that if I post some more info, I may get insight as to what is going wrong. I have a report (BartS1report) it uses a query (BartS1Report). This report as a subreport (BartS1Sub2) that uses the query (BartS1). The report lists the customer name, address, and systems serviced. The subreport lists the systems serviced. The reports are connected through the Master/Child links Customer ID and the ServiceAddress. When there are more than 20 systems per ...

Selecting CListCtrl row with keyboard on sub item
Hi, I've been googling for this, since I'm sure people have done this before, but apparently I did not manage yet to compose the right search string for it! When you have list control, you can jump to a certain item by starting to type on the keyboard from the start of the string, as many characters until you have given enough detail to have jumped to the item that you were looking for. This is a nice feature, but now I want it to work alike for the sub items in my report style list control, when I have my list control sorted on such sub item. Of course I can think of an app...

New Record
I have a form/subform. I have an event that opens a popup. I select from a list on the popup that copies the value onto a txtbox on the Main form and the popup then automatically closes. In the same code I place the focus in the subform to begin adding data to a new record. The problem I 'm having is that when the focus is set in the sub, there are two lines. The top line, which is the one I'm entering data in, does not automatically put the autonumber in for the ID that links the tables, but the record below it does, which is one that I'm not using. When I fill in the...

What determines the order in which records are viewed
Hi all What determines the order in which records are viewed in a table If I import data or create a new table from a query regards, Garry ...

Recording last modification of records
I have found out how to record the date and time of the last modification to a record, which is great. Can I also record the user that made the changes? If so,how? Something like this can give you the network login name. http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0008.htm -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. "splitz" wrote: > I have found out how to record the date and time of the last modification to > a record, which is great. Can I also record the user that made the changes? > If so,how? ...

VBA
Hello, The following code colors a row based on a cell value within that row. Dim myCell2 As Range Dim myrng2 As Range Set myrng2 = Sheets("SORT").Range("$D$2:$D$240") For Each myCell2 In myrng2.Cells whatwant2 = myCell2.Value For Each rcell In Sheets("SETUP").Range("$D$2:$D$20000") If rcell.Value Like whatwant2 And rcell.Value > 0 Then rcell.EntireRow.Resize(1, 21).Interior.ColorIndex = 38 End If Next rcell Next myCell2 Instead of using Range for Set myrng2 & ...

Database Deleting Record Problem
Just launched a new database. Using an Autonumber field to generate document numbers (sequence is not important - just need a unique identifier). There are a number of fields that are required fields based on an option group selection. Problem; If all required fields (they are required fields programmatically) are not completed and you attempt to exit the form, a message box appears asking " Do you want to save changes". If you say "Yes" the form closes, does not save, and the record is deleted - but users are not aware of this deletion - and they think the recor...

Report Not Showing All Records
Dear All, I Have a Report that Shows all the records in a Table, at the moment the table hold 200 Records. but the report which is related to the table, is only displaying 32 pages, with the one record on the last page. the report is only showing 160 Records, What would cause the report to exclude the other 40 Records? Theres no filters set or anything. Any one got any suggestions? Regards Dan ...

SUM in SELECT problem
I have the following SQL that is not getting the correct value in TotalPoints which is coming from a SUM of records for a PeopleLinkID. Can anyone see what I am missing or have a better solution? Thanks. SELECT H.PeopleLinkID, (SELECT SUM(dbo.ActivityCodes.Points) FROM dbo.ActivityHistory INNER JOIN dbo.ActivityCodes ON dbo.ActivityHistory.ActivityCode = dbo.ActivityCodes.ActivityCode INNER JOIN dbo.PeopleLink ON dbo.ActivityHistory.PeopleLinkID = dbo.PeopleLink.PeopleLinkID WHERE (dbo.PeopleLink.PeopleEnd IS NULL) AND (dbo.ActivityHistory.Activit...

Button to go to a specific record in a form
Hello, I have two forms. I need to use a command button to go to a second form's specific record. a. In the wizard, when it is time to chose the fields to match, there is nothing in the left side of the screen. b. How do I do this in code. Thnaks for all of your help. Joe In the Click event of the command button, use the primary key field of the record you want to open in the second form in the OpenForm Where argument. This is a good example in VBA Help. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Joe C" wrote: > Hello, > > I have two forms. I need to use a c...

me too, problem with import... only 15 records
me too, problem with import... only 15 records.... also in one of my customers crm i need a fast answer.... I dont see a question to answer...? JUAN MARKETING wrote: > me too, problem with import... only 15 records.... also in one of my > customers crm > > i need a fast answer.... Hehe yeah, what is the question!? what are you trying to import? Sorry, I don't know the reason, bu each time i try to import x number of accounts or contacts, MSCRM only import 15 records... Promise, everything is ok... columns, format csv from excel, size, records.... I say that, becau...

Accessing current record
What is the syntax for referring to the underlying record that a form is currently displaying? In other words, I would like to make a change to an attribute of a record that is being displayed when a user clicks a button. I believe the best way to do this is through modifying the VB code that underlies the onClick event, but I can't figure out how to reference the record that is being displayed in the current (or active) record. In this case, we're dealing with a boolean value (I realize that I could simply have the checkbox in the form, have the user check or uncheck the box, then s...

Records in a Custom Entity
Does anyone know if you are able to assign records within a new custom entity to a queue in CRM (V3.0) ?? I think that I can only assign the records to a user or myself...... Thanks, Ryan ...

Cannot select and then copy an entire worksheet, in Excel 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Have been using excel 97 2004 with no problem for years. Now have new Mac and new excel spreadsheets which are 750 times bigger. Now, as earlier, I can still 'move and copy' a sheet over to a new workbook, but when I select the entire sheet (top left corner), then 'copy' the selection, excel freezes, and I am warned there is not enough memory. <br><br>I want to be able to create individual invoices from my own invoice template spreadsheet (which contains formulas referring to custome...

What is the last event when moving from record to record?
What is the last event that fires when moving off of a record. It needs to give me access to the values of the controls in the record I am moving off of. Thanks. =?Utf-8?B?bXNjZXJ0aWZpZWQ=?= <rupert@tigerlily.com> wrote in news:1358FD7D-6CA4-42FC-8A2F-A83B85876300@microsoft.com: > What is the last event that fires when moving off of a record. It > needs to give me access to the values of the controls in the > record I am moving off of. Thanks. > There isn't ONE. If you move off a record that has not been edited, only viewed, then it's the OnCurrent event. If yo...