Need to use F9 to requery in subform

The data base consists of 2 key tables Scanner Models and Scanner Parts.  As
this is a many-to-many relationaship and there is a linking table ModelPart.

When work is carried out on a Scanner a Service Report is input. The Service
Report consists of a main form (recording dates, work done etc, Scanner
Model) and a subform (to enter details of parts used).  The Service Report
number is the Master Link Field and Child Link Field.

On entereing a Service Report the Scanner Model is selected from a combo
box.  On entering the subform and clicking on the PartID combo box a list of
parts based on the Scanner Model (created using a query on the Row Source)
enables Parts used to be selected and quantities etc to be added.

My problem is:  when you add a new Service Report and enter the relevant
fields and then enter the Parts subform the Parts are displayed correctly
but . . . if you now add a second Service Report and after entering the
relevant fields you enter the subform the Parts combo box does not display
any parts (just headings).  However if you press F9 and then re-click on the
Parts combo box the correct list of parts is shown.

I need to add a requery somewhere (I have tried several events) - what
requery is needed and whch event do I add it to ?

Thanks
Brian

0
Brian

Brian,
    When one combo relies on the value/s of another combo/s, use the
After Update event of the preceding combos to Requery.
    Sounds like the AfterUpdate event of your Model combo on the main
would be the event to initiate your subform combo Requery.
--
    hth
    Al Campagna

"Brian Fielding" <freyrsden@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> The data base consists of 2 key tables Scanner Models and Scanner Parts.
> As this is a many-to-many relationaship and there is a linking table
> ModelPart.
>
> When work is carried out on a Scanner a Service Report is input. The
> Service Report consists of a main form (recording dates, work done etc,
> Scanner Model) and a subform (to enter details of parts used).  The
> Service Report number is the Master Link Field and Child Link Field.
>
> On entereing a Service Report the Scanner Model is selected from a combo
> box.  On entering the subform and clicking on the PartID combo box a list
> of parts based on the Scanner Model (created using a query on the Row
> Source) enables Parts used to be selected and quantities etc to be added.
>
> My problem is:  when you add a new Service Report and enter the relevant
> fields and then enter the Parts subform the Parts are displayed correctly
> but . . . if you now add a second Service Report and after entering the
> relevant fields you enter the subform the Parts combo box does not display
> any parts (just headings).  However if you press F9 and then re-click on
> the Parts combo box the correct list of parts is shown.
>
> I need to add a requery somewhere (I have tried several events) - what
> requery is needed and whch event do I add it to ?
>
> Thanks
> Brian

0
Al
4/5/2010 1:36:15 PM
Not sure what format the requery should be:

I tried (as well as others):
Forms!frmServiceReport.frmServicePart.Form.Requery

I get Run-time error '2465'   Application-defined or object-defined error.

Thanks for your help
Brian
"Al Campagna" <newsgroups@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Brian,
>    When one combo relies on the value/s of another combo/s, use the
> After Update event of the preceding combos to Requery.
>    Sounds like the AfterUpdate event of your Model combo on the main
> would be the event to initiate your subform combo Requery.
> --
>    hth
>    Al Campagna
>    Microsoft Access MVP 2007-2009
>    http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions/index.html
>
>    "Find a job that you love... and you'll never work a day in your life."
>

> "Brian Fielding" <freyrsden@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>> The data base consists of 2 key tables Scanner Models and Scanner Parts.
>> As this is a many-to-many relationaship and there is a linking table
>> ModelPart.
>>
>> When work is carried out on a Scanner a Service Report is input. The
>> Service Report consists of a main form (recording dates, work done etc,
>> Scanner Model) and a subform (to enter details of parts used).  The
>> Service Report number is the Master Link Field and Child Link Field.
>>
>> On entereing a Service Report the Scanner Model is selected from a combo
>> box.  On entering the subform and clicking on the PartID combo box a list
>> of parts based on the Scanner Model (created using a query on the Row
>> Source) enables Parts used to be selected and quantities etc to be added.
>>
>> My problem is:  when you add a new Service Report and enter the relevant
>> fields and then enter the Parts subform the Parts are displayed correctly
>> but . . . if you now add a second Service Report and after entering the
>> relevant fields you enter the subform the Parts combo box does not
>> display any parts (just headings).  However if you press F9 and then
>> re-click on the Parts combo box the correct list of parts is shown.
>>
>> I need to add a requery somewhere (I have tried several events) - what
>> requery is needed and whch event do I add it to ?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Brian

0
Brian
4/5/2010 4:28:25 PM
Brian,
    Try...
Forms!frmServiceReport!frmServicePart.Form!YourComboName.Requery
--

> Not sure what format the requery should be:
>
> I tried (as well as others):
> Forms!frmServiceReport.frmServicePart.Form.Requery
>
> I get Run-time error '2465'   Application-defined or object-defined error.
>
> Thanks for your help
> Brian
> "Al Campagna" <newsgroups@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> Brian,
>>    When one combo relies on the value/s of another combo/s, use the
>> After Update event of the preceding combos to Requery.
>>    Sounds like the AfterUpdate event of your Model combo on the main
>> would be the event to initiate your subform combo Requery.
>> --
>>    hth
>>    Al Campagna
>>    Microsoft Access MVP 2007-2009
>>    http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions/index.html
>>
>>    "Find a job that you love... and you'll never work a day in your
>> life."
>>

>> "Brian Fielding" <freyrsden@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>>> The data base consists of 2 key tables Scanner Models and Scanner Parts.
>>> As this is a many-to-many relationaship and there is a linking table
>>> ModelPart.
>>>
>>> When work is carried out on a Scanner a Service Report is input. The
>>> Service Report consists of a main form (recording dates, work done etc,
>>> Scanner Model) and a subform (to enter details of parts used).  The
>>> Service Report number is the Master Link Field and Child Link Field.
>>>
>>> On entereing a Service Report the Scanner Model is selected from a combo
>>> box.  On entering the subform and clicking on the PartID combo box a
>>> list of parts based on the Scanner Model (created using a query on the
>>> Row Source) enables Parts used to be selected and quantities etc to be
>>> added.
>>>
>>> My problem is:  when you add a new Service Report and enter the relevant
>>> fields and then enter the Parts subform the Parts are displayed
>>> correctly but . . . if you now add a second Service Report and after
>>> entering the relevant fields you enter the subform the Parts combo box
>>> does not display any parts (just headings).  However if you press F9 and
>>> then re-click on the Parts combo box the correct list of parts is shown.
>>>
>>> I need to add a requery somewhere (I have tried several events) - what
>>> requery is needed and whch event do I add it to ?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Brian

0
Al
4/5/2010 4:54:09 PM
Hi Al

Sorry - now get run-time error 2465  Reprotec Maintenance Database can't
find the field 'frmServicePart' referred to in your expression.

I've appended the frmServiceReport and frmServicePart code at the end in
case this might help

Thanks Again

> Brian,
>    Try...
> Forms!frmServiceReport!frmServicePart.Form!YourComboName.Requery
> --
>    hth
>    Al Campagna
>    Microsoft Access MVP 2007-2009
>    http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions/index.html
>
>    "Find a job that you love... and you'll never work a day in your life."
>
> "Brian Fielding" <freyrsden@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Not sure what format the requery should be:
>>
>> I tried (as well as others):
>> Forms!frmServiceReport.frmServicePart.Form.Requery
>>
>> I get Run-time error '2465'   Application-defined or object-defined
>> error.
>>
>> Thanks for your help
>> Brian
>> "Al Campagna" <newsgroups@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>> Brian,
>>>    When one combo relies on the value/s of another combo/s, use the
>>> After Update event of the preceding combos to Requery.
>>>    Sounds like the AfterUpdate event of your Model combo on the main
>>> would be the event to initiate your subform combo Requery.
>>> --
>>>    hth
>>>    Al Campagna
>>>    Microsoft Access MVP 2007-2009
>>>    http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions/index.html
>>>
>>>    "Find a job that you love... and you'll never work a day in your
>>> life."
>>>

>>> "Brian Fielding" <freyrsden@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message

frmServiceReport

Option Compare Database
Option Explicit

Private Sub Close_service_report_Click()
On Error GoTo Err_Close_service_report_Click

    DoCmd.Close

Exit_Close_service_report_Click:
    Exit Sub

Err_Close_service_report_Click:
    MsgBox Err.Description
    Resume Exit_Close_service_report_Click

End Sub

Private Sub CustomerID_AfterUpdate()

Me![ScanOwner] = CustomerID.Column(0)

End Sub

Private Sub New_service_report_Click()
On Error GoTo Err_New_service_report_Click

    DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec

Exit_New_service_report_Click:
    Exit Sub

Err_New_service_report_Click:
    MsgBox Err.Description
    Resume Exit_New_service_report_Click

End Sub

Private Sub delete_service_report_Click()
On Error GoTo Err_delete_service_report_Click

    DoCmd.DoMenuItem acFormBar, acEditMenu, 8, , acMenuVer70
    DoCmd.DoMenuItem acFormBar, acEditMenu, 6, , acMenuVer70

Exit_delete_service_report_Click:
    Exit Sub

Err_delete_service_report_Click:
    MsgBox Err.Description
    Resume Exit_delete_service_report_Click

End Sub

Private Sub Find_Service_report_Click()
On Error GoTo Err_Find_Service_report_Click

    Screen.PreviousControl.SetFocus
    DoCmd.DoMenuItem acFormBar, acEditMenu, 10, , acMenuVer70

Exit_Find_Service_report_Click:
    Exit Sub

Err_Find_Service_report_Click:
    MsgBox Err.Description
    Resume Exit_Find_Service_report_Click

End Sub

Private Sub ScanMake_AfterUpdate()

Me!ScanModel = ScanMake.Column(1)

'Note:  ScanModel is the link to the subform.  It is determined from the
ScanMake using the table refScannerMakes

Forms!frmServiceReport!frmServicePart.Form!PartID.Requery

End Sub

frmServicePart

Option Compare Database
Option Explicit

Private Sub Open_Parts_Price_List_Click()
On Error GoTo Err_Open_Parts_Price_List_Click

    Dim stDocName As String
    Dim stLinkCriteria As String

    stDocName = "Parts Price list"

    stLinkCriteria = "[PartID]=" & "'" & Me![PartID] & "'"
    DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria

Exit_Open_Parts_Price_List_Click:
    Exit Sub

Err_Open_Parts_Price_List_Click:
    MsgBox Err.Description
    Resume Exit_Open_Parts_Price_List_Click

End Sub

Private Sub Form_Current()

Me.Form.PartID.Requery

End Sub

Private Sub PartID_AfterUpdate()

'Note   this is the problem area that F9 resolves

Me!PartName = PartID.Column(1)
Me!PartCost = PartID.Column(2)
If Me!PartQty < 1 Then Me!PartQty = 1

End Sub

0
Brian
4/6/2010 7:35:53 AM
Brian,
    Whenever you have problems with code, cut & paste the code you
used exactly as you have it, into your reply.
    I got the name frmServicePart from your code example...

    You wrote...
>>> Forms!frmServiceReport.frmServicePart.Form.Requery
    In any code suggested, you have to make sure you own object names
in place of any the responder might refer to...
    What is your main form name, subform name, combo name?

> I've appended the frmServiceReport and frmServicePart code at the end in
> case this might help
    I don't know what that means...

Forms!frmMainFormName!frmSubFormName.Form!cboYourComboName.Requery
--

> [...]
>
> End Sub
>

> frmServicePart
>
> Option Compare Database
> Option Explicit
>
> Private Sub Open_Parts_Price_List_Click()
> On Error GoTo Err_Open_Parts_Price_List_Click
>
>    Dim stDocName As String
>    Dim stLinkCriteria As String
>
>    stDocName = "Parts Price list"
>
>    stLinkCriteria = "[PartID]=" & "'" & Me![PartID] & "'"
>    DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria
>
> Exit_Open_Parts_Price_List_Click:
>    Exit Sub
>
> Err_Open_Parts_Price_List_Click:
>    MsgBox Err.Description
>    Resume Exit_Open_Parts_Price_List_Click
>
> End Sub
>
> Private Sub Form_Current()
>
> Me.Form.PartID.Requery
>
> End Sub
>
> Private Sub PartID_AfterUpdate()
>
> 'Note   this is the problem area that F9 resolves

0
Al
4/6/2010 12:11:25 PM
Al

After much seaching and experimentation I now understand more about what is
happening;

Main Form:  frmServiceReport
Subform:      frmServicePart    however the control name is [Service Part
Subform]  or  Service_Part_Subform
combo name (in main form):  ScanMake
combo name (in subform):     PartID

The code for the AfterUpdate event for ScanModel is now and it appears to
work OK.

Private Sub ScanMake_AfterUpdate()

    Me!ScanModel = ScanMake.Column(1)
    Forms!frmServiceReport![Service Part Subform].Form!PartID.Requery

End Sub

I'm sorry if I mislead you on the form name.  It is early days for me on
Access - give me Algol, Fortran or Pascal any day.

Thanks very much for your help

> [...]
>>
>> End Sub
>>

>> frmServicePart
>>
>> Option Compare Database
>> Option Explicit
>>
>> Private Sub Open_Parts_Price_List_Click()
>> On Error GoTo Err_Open_Parts_Price_List_Click
>>
>>    Dim stDocName As String
>>    Dim stLinkCriteria As String
>>
>>    stDocName = "Parts Price list"
>>
>>    stLinkCriteria = "[PartID]=" & "'" & Me![PartID] & "'"
>>    DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria
>>
>> Exit_Open_Parts_Price_List_Click:
>>    Exit Sub
>>
>> Err_Open_Parts_Price_List_Click:
>>    MsgBox Err.Description
>>    Resume Exit_Open_Parts_Price_List_Click
>>
>> End Sub
>>
>> Private Sub Form_Current()
>>
>> Me.Form.PartID.Requery
>>
>> End Sub
>>
>> Private Sub PartID_AfterUpdate()
>>
>> 'Note   this is the problem area that F9 resolves

0
Brian
4/6/2010 6:11:06 PM
Brian,
    Good deal!  Always use your own object "Name" property.
    And... no problem on the mix up.  That's what we're here for...
--

> [...]
>>>
>>> End Sub
>>>

>>> frmServicePart
>>>
>>> Option Compare Database
>>> Option Explicit
>>>
>>> Private Sub Open_Parts_Price_List_Click()
>>> On Error GoTo Err_Open_Parts_Price_List_Click
>>>
>>>    Dim stDocName As String
>>>    Dim stLinkCriteria As String
>>>
>>>    stDocName = "Parts Price list"
>>>
>>>    stLinkCriteria = "[PartID]=" & "'" & Me![PartID] & "'"
>>>    DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria
>>>
>>> Exit_Open_Parts_Price_List_Click:
>>>    Exit Sub
>>>
>>> Err_Open_Parts_Price_List_Click:
>>>    MsgBox Err.Description
>>>    Resume Exit_Open_Parts_Price_List_Click
>>>
>>> End Sub
>>>
>>> Private Sub Form_Current()
>>>
>>> Me.Form.PartID.Requery
>>>
>>> End Sub
>>>
>>> Private Sub PartID_AfterUpdate()
>>>
>>> 'Note   this is the problem area that F9 resolves

0
Al

recently used files
It's back! Opened Excel this morning and have no recently used files listed under FILE. This happens randomly and only affects Excel not Word. No maintenance preformed. No reboot. It was there when computer went into "drive off & monitor off" mode last night and no files listed today, its starting a new list. Excel 2000 on XP machine "suits my needs so don't suggest newer version please" Its aggravating, any thoughts on cause please SG On thought would be if you run programs such as AdAware when it is done, don't check the MRU list "fix" W...

What are .ifs files used for Exchange 2003?
I am running Exchange 2003 SP1 Enterprise with the default install. So drive m should be disabled. Though I notice .ifs files popping up in the directory where the mailbox store is. The research that I found it that Exchange uses these files as temp files and the SA removes them when they are done. But I don't know how acurate the research is that I found. Does anyone know if this is normal operation for Exchange 2003? What does Exchange 2003 use .ifs files for? I have notice that one particualar .ifs file has not been removed for over a day. Thanks... Regan IFS - Installab...

Lebans MonthCalendar Does Not Work Properly When Using an Image Button
I am using the Lebans MonthCalendar. Instead of using the textbox double-click event to open the calendar, I would like to use a bitmap graphic (image control) of a calendar I created. However, there seems to be a problem where after opening the MonthCalendar form, the window will not accept any input. I am using Access 97 on Windows XP. Anyone else experience the same thing? For now I have resorted to using a command button control, but I hate the border it produces... You cannot setfocus to an Image control and if I remember correctly, the MonthCalendar positioning logic requries this fe...

Not sure if Excel can do what i need

Excel need help

Do I have to use Conditional Formatting or a Macro?
Hi All, I have a table like this: Value1 Value2 Value3 aq x 3 aa y 5 The cells under 'Value2' already have a ConditionalFormatting (with 3 conditions) to change the background color. I'd like to know if it's possible to apply a format (ie just border) to the entire row, and copy the ConditionalFormatting regarding the 'Value2' column, as soon as I insert a new record in 'Value1'. That is, when cells under 'Value' are not blank, then the row will have a border, and cell under 'Value2' has ConditionalFormatting...

Need Help Linking Sheets

Macro help needed........

Need to test a mobo

Help needed

Need help on this....thanks

need help badly

I need Help

Database backup whilst the POS is in use
I currently do my daily database backup during the night using a scheduled Windows task. The backup is copied to multiple hard disks on different PCs. I would like to do additional backups during the day whilst the POS is being used. Does RMS SO actually allow this or would I have to briefly shutdown the POS for the backup? I am on V2, SP2. Thanks for your reply. Yes, you can run backups while POS is running. You can even run backups when multiple manager programs are running. SQL server is built to handle many different concurrent connections. As another option, you can also use the c...

Need Help Despertly!

Unable to open subforms in Access
I am working with a access database that is located on a network drive. This database is a patient history list and when i double click on the patient's name it is supposed to show me the patient history but it doesnt. I have gone to the access options and changed the trust center settings to allow all macros to run but still can not get the database to work. Any Idea's? On Mon, 8 Mar 2010 09:54:02 -0800, bpalmeri <bpalmeri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am working with a access database that is located on a network drive. This >database is a patie...

Plug in needed

Need to Hire Outlook 2003 Help

Summary of data using array formula
I have a spreadsheet where there are several columns with data using validation picklists as well as free-entry columns. I would like to create a summary of the data in the form of counts based on the existence of specific values in these columns with the ability to change the date range. I've created the array formula and have set up a 'startdate' and 'enddate' cells where the user can enter the range they're looking for. No matter what I do the value always reports a zero. I have used these types of array formulas before, however, not using date rang...

Filter Table in Subform Control according to TextBox control value
Hi all, I have put Subform control on a Form1 and in Source Object of that Subform I selected Table1 from drop down list. I also got Text box control on Form1. In the first column of the Table1 which appearing in Subform I got Ticket No. What I need that when i type that Ticket No in Text box control the Table1 in Subform should get filter on that Ticket No row. Please can any friend can help More information about the tables would help. I will use tblMain as the name of the Record Source for Form1. Are tblMain and Table1 related? If so, on what field? Typically you would set t...

help, please, using titles in email.
Hi.. Using Outlook 2000. I have a few contact that have titles (example- Mr., Mrs., Fr., etc) Is there a way to have the title show in their name, when one is specified??? Thank you! -- B'Regards, Vinnie Vinnie, You did not indicate for what purpose e.g. viewing the contact or doing a mail merge. If you would like to see the titles when viewing contacts then check to see if it is specified in the actual contact by doing the following. Open contact and click on Full Name - there is an option there to add the title. Once this is done you will be able to see it in the contact ...