Multiple windows updating multiple rows simultaneously ?

I'm maintaining an application that currently allows entry of new records or
updating exisiting records.

What would be involved in modifiying the application to allow multiple
windows to be open simultaneously. In other words, if the user is updating or
creating a record in one window, he can leave that window and go update
another record in another window or create a new record in another window,
returning to the other windows afterwards. How complex would this be to
handle?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Yes, I guess that's what it would amount to.

"SteveM" wrote:

> You mean multiple instances of the same form?
>
> Steve
>
> "mscertified" wrote:
>
> > I'm maintaining an application that currently allows entry of new records or
> > updating exisiting records.
> >
> > What would be involved in modifiying the application to allow multiple
> > windows to be open simultaneously. In other words, if the user is updating or
> > creating a record in one window, he can leave that window and go update
> > another record in another window or create a new record in another window,
> > returning to the other windows afterwards. How complex would this be to
> > handle?
> >
> > Thanks in advance for any help.

Removing multiple hyperlinks

Create a list with multiple criteria

Charting multiple multiples

Why does change in IV00102 update DEX_ROW_TS in IV00101?
We've had some performance problems since upgrading to GP10. In researching this problem I discovered that the item quantities table, IV00102, has an AFTER UPDATE trigger called zDT_IV00102U that updates the item master table, IV00101 (specifically, it is setting IV00101.DEX_ROW_TS to the current date and time). We had auditing set up on IV00101, thinking that auditing changes in a master table would not have much impact on performance, but because of this trigger every time a document posts that changes inventory quantities our auditing on IV00101 fires also. What is th...

Task updates are lost in PS2007
We are using timesheets only and the resource enters their actual hours and remaining hours within thie timesheet. We only alllow resources to provide thier task updates via the timesheet. We are also using the codeplex and do not use the my task page at all. Sometimes the status manager does not get their task updates, but the actual hours show in the timesheet that was saved and submitted. Do you know of a fix for this, or is this a known bug? Hi, This NG is for the desktop versions of MS Project. Better repost in microsoft.public.project.server Greetings, -- Jan D...

distributing data into multiple cells

Single click selects multiple cells

Next visible row in autofilter list
Anyone know how to loop through visible rows in an large autofilter list without having to loop through the hidden rows? ie: offset(1,0) if activecell.rowheight = 0 is too cumbersome for a list of say 50,000 rows. I need to loop directly from visible row 10, say, to the next visible row 3,000. Would be eternalyl gratefuly for a solution here! ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Software! http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/excel-software-categories.htm ** Travis, the following should get you going: Dim anyR As Range Dim vCells As Range D...

ulead photo explorer 8.0 no longer works in windows vista
ulead photo explorer 8.0 used to work ok in windows vista. now it fails with a c++ runtime error. this occured just after today's microsoft windows update. looks like it "broke" the software. and so now i need an alternative. all i need is something that works a bit like ulead photo explorer - that is something to view, organise and print digial photos. something free would be nice, but it's ok if the cost is low. i don't need anything powerful. thanks a lot in advance for any suggestions. On Dec 12, 1:26=A0am, rpgs rock dvds <cccddd...@hotmail.co.uk&g...

Sending to multiple addresses

multiple selection

Exchange 2000 Distribution Lists

Remember selections in Table Names Lookup window (Dex Runtime)
In Microsoft Dynamics GP, the user can view details on database tables in the Table Descriptions window (Tools>>Resource Descriptions>>Tables). If the user clicks the elipsis (...) button to the right of the table name, a lookup window opens. The user needs to choose both the product, series, and view by option that he or she is working with, and the list of tables will display. At least 10 times a day I go into this window, and oftentimes I don't select the table I really want first. That means I need to do a second lookup, select the product, series, and view by aga...

Combine multiple tables into one

Multiple domains #6

Setting up Windows Mail 11-15-09
I need help setting up my windows mail. I thought i had it set up correctly until i put the user name and password in, then it pops back up asking for the information again. Can someone guide me through the process please? When you get that prompt, click Cancel. That should produce an error message. Right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it=20 into a reply here. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "Tracy Smith" <Tracy Smith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = new...

How do I export an Excel spreadsheet with fixed length rows?
I want to create a file with fixed length records (lines). The fields (columns) have defined lengths. When I export the file, it should be in a flat text format, there should be no spacing between columns of data, and the total line length should be exactly what I want. How do I do this? What format should I export the data into? You should try the "Formatted Text (Space delimited) (*.prn)" format. You must adjust the worksheet column widths to the fixed field widths you want before the file, save. Unless you use a fixed width font like Courier New this (the column widths) ...

Help Regarding an update query
Hi, iam trying to run an update query. the situation is as follows, i have linked excel sheets in my table. so i am using the update query to update all the records that i have them in my access tables. i tried this before many times and i was successful in doing that. But in some tables, it gave me an error message "Type mismatch in expression". i checked each and every field in my access table and in the excel sheets and they are all with the correct format. any help?? any ideas? On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 08:47:16 -0700, Samer <samoora44@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi, iam trying to r...

Finding Data in multiple worksheets
Using Excel 2000, how can I find data in multiple worksheets; example: any number between 200 & 299 in 32 worksheets? If you mean you want to find a single number across 32 worksheets, group your worksheets (click on the first, ctrl-click on subsequent (or even shift-click)). Then Edit|Find But I think I'd use Jan Karel Pieterse's FlexFind: http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/ If you meant you wanted to find all 100 numbers (200-299) in all 32 sheets, then I think I'd have a macro search for each number and report the results on a new worksheet. "mark@southwestconst.com&quo...