Multi select box Query problem

Hi, I'm having a problem running a query using a Multi Select List Box. Right
now I'm just trying for one item, so my Criteria for the Year field looks
like this...

Forms!frmCreateReport.[crcYear].ItemData(2)

If I use the Immediate Window and write this in, it gives me the answer of
2005... which is what I would like the query to use for it's query.

However when I input this in the query it gives me a user defined function
error. Any one know the solution to this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Once the MultiSelect property is set to other than None, you can't refer to
list boxes in that way in queries. Since your intent is to allow
multiselection, you may as well do it properly now, which means building up
the Where clause in VBA, and changing the SQL associated with the query.

See http://www.mvps.org/access/forms/frm0007.htm at "The Access Web" for an
example.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"AKphidelt" <AKphidelt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I'm having a problem running a query using a Multi Select List Box.
> Right
> now I'm just trying for one item, so my Criteria for the Year field looks
> like this...
>
> Forms!frmCreateReport.[crcYear].ItemData(2)
>
> If I use the Immediate Window and write this in, it gives me the answer of
> 2005... which is what I would like the query to use for it's query.
>
> However when I input this in the query it gives me a user defined function
> error. Any one know the solution to this problem?
>
> Thanks in advance.

0
Douglas
7/1/2007 4:44:04 PM
If [Month of Incident] contains the month, spelled out in letters, you need
quotes around the values for which you're checking:

Select * FROM tblMasterlist.[Month of Incident] WHERE [Month of
Incident]="January" OR [Month of Incident]="March"

Alternatively, you could use

Select * FROM tblMasterlist.[Month of Incident] WHERE [Month of Incident] In
("January", "March")

If [Month of Incident] contains something else, what does it contain?

--

> Hey Douglas,
>
> Thanks for the help. However I plugged in the code, attached it to a Text
> Box, so now my parameter looks like
>
> Select * FROM tblMasterlist.[Month of Incident] WHERE [Month of
> Incident]=January OR [Month of Incident]=March
>

> Then in the actual query I put in the criteria
> Forms!frmCreateReport.cTest.Value
>
> cTest is the textbox with the above value.
>
> However the query comes up blank. Any ideas?
>
> "Douglas J. Steele" wrote:
>
>> Once the MultiSelect property is set to other than None, you can't refer
>> list boxes in that way in queries. Since your intent is to allow
>> multiselection, you may as well do it properly now, which means building
>> up
>> the Where clause in VBA, and changing the SQL associated with the query.
>>
>> See http://www.mvps.org/access/forms/frm0007.htm at "The Access Web" for
>> an
>> example.
>>
>> --
>> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
>> http://I.Am/DougSteele
>> (no private e-mails, please)
>>

>> "AKphidelt" <AKphidelt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi, I'm having a problem running a query using a Multi Select List Box.
>> > Right
>> > now I'm just trying for one item, so my Criteria for the Year field
>> > looks
>> > like this...
>> >
>> > Forms!frmCreateReport.[crcYear].ItemData(2)
>> >
>> > If I use the Immediate Window and write this in, it gives me the answer
>> > of
>> > 2005... which is what I would like the query to use for it's query.
>> >
>> > However when I input this in the query it gives me a user defined
>> > function
>> > error. Any one know the solution to this problem?
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance.

0
Douglas
7/1/2007 7:48:23 PM
Hey, thanks a ton for your help. Month does mean the actual month name.
However when I enter the syntax in to the query criteria... I keep getting an
error message that says "The syntax of the subquery in this expression is
incorrect". "Check the subquery's syntax and enclose the subquery in
parentheses"

But when I use parenthesis it says file can't be found. Any clue?

Thanks

"Douglas J. Steele" wrote:

> If [Month of Incident] contains the month, spelled out in letters, you need
> quotes around the values for which you're checking:
>
> Select * FROM tblMasterlist.[Month of Incident] WHERE [Month of
> Incident]="January" OR [Month of Incident]="March"
>
> Alternatively, you could use
>
> Select * FROM tblMasterlist.[Month of Incident] WHERE [Month of Incident] In
> ("January", "March")
>
> If [Month of Incident] contains something else, what does it contain?
>
> --
> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> http://I.Am/DougSteele
> (no private e-mails, please)
>

> "AKphidelt" <AKphidelt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hey Douglas,
> >
> > Thanks for the help. However I plugged in the code, attached it to a Text
> > Box, so now my parameter looks like
> >
> > Select * FROM tblMasterlist.[Month of Incident] WHERE [Month of
> > Incident]=January OR [Month of Incident]=March
> >

> > Then in the actual query I put in the criteria
> > Forms!frmCreateReport.cTest.Value
> >
> > cTest is the textbox with the above value.
> >
> > However the query comes up blank. Any ideas?
> >
> > "Douglas J. Steele" wrote:
> >
> >> Once the MultiSelect property is set to other than None, you can't refer
> >> list boxes in that way in queries. Since your intent is to allow
> >> multiselection, you may as well do it properly now, which means building
> >> up
> >> the Where clause in VBA, and changing the SQL associated with the query.
> >>
> >> See http://www.mvps.org/access/forms/frm0007.htm at "The Access Web" for
> >> an
> >> example.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> >> http://I.Am/DougSteele
> >> (no private e-mails, please)
> >>

> >> "AKphidelt" <AKphidelt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Are you typing that entire SQL string into the Criteria cell under a
specific field in your query grid? It's no wonder Access is confused: since
you're returning a number of fields in the subselect (since you're using
Select *, rather than Select FieldName), Access has no way of knowing what
it's supposed to do with the subselect. If you're trying to limit the
selection to only those rows returned by the subselect, you'd want to type

IN (Select FieldName FROM tblMasterlist.[Month of Incident] WHERE [Month of
Incident] In ("January", "March"))

as the criteria (although you'd be better off, in my opinion, joining
tblMasterlist to your other table(s), rather than trying to do it as a
subselect)

If you're trying to use that SQL some other way, please explain what that
other way is.

--

> Hey, thanks a ton for your help. Month does mean the actual month name.
> However when I enter the syntax in to the query criteria... I keep getting
> an
> error message that says "The syntax of the subquery in this expression is
> incorrect". "Check the subquery's syntax and enclose the subquery in
> parentheses"
>
> But when I use parenthesis it says file can't be found. Any clue?
>
> Thanks
>
> "Douglas J. Steele" wrote:
>
>> If [Month of Incident] contains the month, spelled out in letters, you
>> need
>> quotes around the values for which you're checking:
>>
>> Select * FROM tblMasterlist.[Month of Incident] WHERE [Month of
>> Incident]="January" OR [Month of Incident]="March"
>>
>> Alternatively, you could use
>>
>> Select * FROM tblMasterlist.[Month of Incident] WHERE [Month of Incident]
>> In
>> ("January", "March")
>>
>> If [Month of Incident] contains something else, what does it contain?
>>
>> --
>> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
>> http://I.Am/DougSteele
>> (no private e-mails, please)
>>

>> "AKphidelt" <AKphidelt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hey Douglas,
>> >
>> > Thanks for the help. However I plugged in the code, attached it to a
>> > Text
>> > Box, so now my parameter looks like
>> >
>> > Select * FROM tblMasterlist.[Month of Incident] WHERE [Month of
>> > Incident]=January OR [Month of Incident]=March
>> >

>> > Then in the actual query I put in the criteria
>> > Forms!frmCreateReport.cTest.Value
>> >
>> > cTest is the textbox with the above value.
>> >
>> > However the query comes up blank. Any ideas?

0
Douglas
7/2/2007 12:52:18 PM
Good Morning,

Well I've only been using access for 2 weeks so bare with me if I sound like
an idiot. But what I currently have is a form that allows people to create
their own reports based on Multi Select List Boxes that are tied to a query.
My problem I think is I'm using the queries Criteria box in the query design
window to try an get the SQL syntax from the form. I built a way around this
by making hidden text boxes next to each item in the multi select and then
having many OR criterias in the query. But it becomes a problem when I want
the user to be allowed to select certain months also. Hope this makes things
a little clearer. I've been messing around with it and tried everything in
the criteria but an SQL syntax I use just won't work?

Thanks again for your time.

"Douglas J. Steele" wrote:

> Are you typing that entire SQL string into the Criteria cell under a
> specific field in your query grid? It's no wonder Access is confused: since
> you're returning a number of fields in the subselect (since you're using
> Select *, rather than Select FieldName), Access has no way of knowing what
> it's supposed to do with the subselect. If you're trying to limit the
> selection to only those rows returned by the subselect, you'd want to type
>
> IN (Select FieldName FROM tblMasterlist.[Month of Incident] WHERE [Month of
> Incident] In ("January", "March"))
>
> as the criteria (although you'd be better off, in my opinion, joining
> tblMasterlist to your other table(s), rather than trying to do it as a
> subselect)
>
> If you're trying to use that SQL some other way, please explain what that
> other way is.
>
> --
> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> http://I.Am/DougSteele
> (no private e-mails, please)
>

> "AKphidelt" <AKphidelt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hey, thanks a ton for your help. Month does mean the actual month name.
> > However when I enter the syntax in to the query criteria... I keep getting
> > an
> > error message that says "The syntax of the subquery in this expression is
> > incorrect". "Check the subquery's syntax and enclose the subquery in
> > parentheses"
> >
> > But when I use parenthesis it says file can't be found. Any clue?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > "Douglas J. Steele" wrote:
> >
> >> If [Month of Incident] contains the month, spelled out in letters, you
> >> need
> >> quotes around the values for which you're checking:
> >>
> >> Select * FROM tblMasterlist.[Month of Incident] WHERE [Month of
> >> Incident]="January" OR [Month of Incident]="March"
> >>
> >> Alternatively, you could use
> >>
> >> Select * FROM tblMasterlist.[Month of Incident] WHERE [Month of Incident]
> >> In
> >> ("January", "March")
> >>
> >> If [Month of Incident] contains something else, what does it contain?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> >> http://I.Am/DougSteele
> >> (no private e-mails, please)
> >>

> >> "AKphidelt" <AKphidelt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Sorry, no, that doesn't make things any clearer to me.

Fact of the matter is, using multiselect list boxes in queries in Access
requires the use of VBA. Since you're going to have to use VBA anyhow, you
might as well build the entire SQL string (including the month-related
criteria) in VBA.

--

> Good Morning,
>
> Well I've only been using access for 2 weeks so bare with me if I sound
> like
> an idiot. But what I currently have is a form that allows people to create
> their own reports based on Multi Select List Boxes that are tied to a
> query.
> My problem I think is I'm using the queries Criteria box in the query
> design
> window to try an get the SQL syntax from the form. I built a way around
> this
> by making hidden text boxes next to each item in the multi select and then
> having many OR criterias in the query. But it becomes a problem when I
> want
> the user to be allowed to select certain months also. Hope this makes
> things
> a little clearer. I've been messing around with it and tried everything in
> the criteria but an SQL syntax I use just won't work?
>
> Thanks again for your time.
>
> "Douglas J. Steele" wrote:
>
>> Are you typing that entire SQL string into the Criteria cell under a
>> specific field in your query grid? It's no wonder Access is confused:
>> since
>> you're returning a number of fields in the subselect (since you're using
>> Select *, rather than Select FieldName), Access has no way of knowing
>> what
>> it's supposed to do with the subselect. If you're trying to limit the
>> selection to only those rows returned by the subselect, you'd want to
>> type
>>
>> IN (Select FieldName FROM tblMasterlist.[Month of Incident] WHERE [Month
>> of
>> Incident] In ("January", "March"))
>>
>> as the criteria (although you'd be better off, in my opinion, joining
>> tblMasterlist to your other table(s), rather than trying to do it as a
>> subselect)
>>
>> If you're trying to use that SQL some other way, please explain what that
>> other way is.
>>
>> --
>> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
>> http://I.Am/DougSteele
>> (no private e-mails, please)
>>

>> "AKphidelt" <AKphidelt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hey, thanks a ton for your help. Month does mean the actual month name.
>> > However when I enter the syntax in to the query criteria... I keep
>> > getting
>> > an
>> > error message that says "The syntax of the subquery in this expression
>> > is
>> > incorrect". "Check the subquery's syntax and enclose the subquery in
>> > parentheses"
>> >
>> > But when I use parenthesis it says file can't be found. Any clue?
>> >
>> > Thanks

0
Douglas

Using Outlook 2003 with ISA proxy problem #2
Hi, I'm using Outlook 2003 on my notebook (logged on with local administrator user) to check mail from SMTP/POP3 server through LAN connection but it reported that cannot connect. Our LAN using ISA proxy server, I tried both methods of using firewall (using default ISA client, and using manual proxy by enter ISA server address/port in IE) but cannot resolve problem. I guess that the problem due to I've not logged on by network domain user (ISA server ask for username for first time I open IE), so is there other way to solve my issue? Thanks, Tien, Can you telnet to the POP3 serv...

How to draw a selection line?
I want to draw selection lines with 1 pixel width dotted line style. normally it works ok, but the it looks not very good when I zoom the image to a bigger magnification. What I want is like the effect in many popular image processing softwares such as Adobe Photoshop. for example, I make a ellipic selection and draw a dotted line ellipse it looks ok. but when zooming in it still the same as normal ,but in photoshop it became aliasing lines which seems to be composed by several small blocks. Does any have any idea on this question?? any help would be appreciated. ...

XmlValidatingReader.ValidationEventHandler problem
Hi, I wonder if anyone else has come across this. The code below is very simple however I cannot get the ValidationHandler to be raised. I am testing with xml that I know will not validate against the XmlSchema that I have added to the Schemas collection of the XmlValidatingReader. I also know that the schema is sound, if I comment out the delegate assignment and wrap the code in a try/catch then I get the exception that I expect. public class SubmissionManager { public SubmissionManager(){} public void ValidateSubmission(SubmissionSpecification submissionSpecification, XmlDocument data...

multi-column data consolidation
Hi guys, here is my problem.... Scenario: - Column A to F are months (Jan to June) - Beneath each month (starting row 2 downwards), text data will b entered. Question: How can I have the six months add up or compiled as a single colum database in another sheet or a separate column in that same sheet? will be adding data every so often under these months and it shoul update the database. Thank you for any assistance/help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Question is not clear to me. Not sure what 'add up or compile' means with text entries Perhaps, in G2 enter =...

How do I change the highlight color of selected menu items?
I recently installed Office 2003 Professional on my computer, and in the programs the selected menu items are highlighted in orange. Selected cells in excel are also highlighted in orange (if I click on cell B19 the headers for colum B and row 13 are orange). This does not go with the color scheme of my computer, nor does it go with the color scheme I selected when I set my appearances. Is there any way to change this to a different color? It sounds like it's a windows setting to me. Maybe one more check... windows start button|settings|control panel|Display applet Appearance tab|a...

Character Problem
Hi Everyone, Here is another thing that I can't figure out. I am writing a text to a file File.WriteString(_T("2 x 3 = 6 3 x 2 = 6 6 � 2 = 3 6 � 3 = 2.\n")); But when I read it back I get 2 x 3 = 6 3 x 2 = 6 6 2 = 3 6? 3 = 2 I am not sure why the � (character 0xF7) is not showing up correctly? The funny thing is that the first one doesn't even show up, and the second one shows up as a block. Any solution to this? Ali Hi Ali, Looks like a font problem, but is the character in question stored in the file correctly? And are the proper chars in ...

Combo box to define what column to order by my subform
Hi. In my form I want to creat a combo box to allow the way that I want to order my sub form. the combo will have the options: - Process no. - Employee number - Name - Date I want, that my subform will be sort/order brom the opionthat I'll choose on the combobox. there's an option on subform that is order by, but I can't reach it from the code. I tried: Me.[48_form_Visualiza_Processos subform].Form.OrderBy me.combosort.value but it say's "invalid use of property". How can I solve my problem? regards, Marco Assign the value of the combo to the OrderBy p...

Control Source in Form Doesn't Display Query
Hi- I just recently moved an expression that I had in only a Form to a Query. The Expression runs great and I renamed the Expression to "Retiree Age:..." On my Form- I go to change my Control Source to "Retiree Age" and the age no longer comes up? I don't know why it won't but any input would be greatly appreciated. I can't leave it in the form b/c I need to generate a number of reports based on certain ages. I really appreciate this: -Anthony Morano Pension Fund Intern <antmorano@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1180110430.088206.176650@q75g2000h...

Square-box character in data import
Hi, I've got a puzzling one. When importing a data file into Excel I see a square-box character at the end of each line. I've tried copying/cutting one of these characters to paste into the search/replace dialog, but nothing pastes and so I can't get rid of it. What do I do? I've got 9000 records, each with a multi-line entry for a mailing address in Column C and each of those lines (apart from the last for each record's mailing address) has this unwanted character. It's obviously the CrLf character created when I press the keyboard's Enter key... The original file...

Multi profile
I have configured outlook 2007 to use multi profiles. When I close the outloop and re-open to select other profile the profiles select list is not prompted. I have set for prompt for profile. But I observed this, after closing outlook still the task manager shows Outlook.exe is runing..when I kill that and re-open I can see the profiles and select particular. Now my question, why Outlook is runnning though its closed. My setting "Hide when minimized" is already OFF. thanks Hi abcd, have a look in the "Task Manager" under "Process" if Outlook.exe is stil...

CRM repair problem: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.RepairBulkOp
Hi, got the following problem when trying to repair Mircrosoft CRM: 11:17:10| Info| Executing Install action: Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.TurnOnSetupModeAction 11:17:10| Info| Executing Install action: Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.RepairBulkOperationProcessAction 11:17:10|Verbose| Retrieving CUserAuth data ... 11:17:10| Info| CUserAuth.UserId: {2315eb52-9a9e-da11-ad6d-00123fc10a29} 11:17:10| Info| CUserAuth.MerchantId: {b036f143-9a9e-da11-ad6d-00123fc10a29} 11:17:21| Error| Install exception.System.Exception: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.RepairBulkOperationProcessAction failed....

OL2002 Problem : HELP, SOS, MAYDAY

Problems with Vanguard Fund Data
I believe I have set up my accounts correctly and download active money statements from Vanguard, but although I have a total of about 6 different funds, the transactions all get lumped into 2 or 3 of them. I have to manually move them to correct funds. Does anyone else have this problem with Vanguard funds, or a solution? I have the same problem...even when I have shown one of the accounts as closed.Also, the transactions don't add up to the account balance...really weird. Whats the point of having online updates that don't work. any suggestions?? "Jim" wrote: > ...

Select Record Query
I've created a random record query that works. It pulls 50% of records for a particular timeframe. The problem is that I don't want random records, I actually just want it to pull 50% of records for the timeframe based on another criteria ([prac name]). Any suggestions??? Here is my SQL. SELECT TOP 50 PERCENT EncountersToAudit.ID, EncountersToAudit.[Prac Name], EncountersToAudit.[Created By], Staff.[last name]+", "+[first name] AS FullName, EncountersToAudit.[Enc Dt], EncountersToAudit.Encounter, Rnd([encounter]) AS RandomValue, EncountersToAudit.[Pat Name], Encou...

Mac Stuff CDs, A to Z, updated 15/Jan/2006, and Win & Mac programs, 'WinMac', 'PC/MaC', 'Win-Mac', 'Multi', 'Multi-Platform', 'MultiFormat', 'MULTIOS', 'HYBRID'
Mac Stuff CDs, A to Z, updated 15/Jan/2006, and Win & Mac programs, 'WinMac', 'PC/MaC', 'Win-Mac', 'Multi', 'Multi-Platform', 'MultiFormat', 'MULTIOS', 'HYBRID' GARAGE SALES, buy, risk-free purchase, working, tested, fully functional, very cheap discounted price, low cost, quality OEM software, -------------------------------------------------------- Abvent Artlantis v4.5 Mac 1CD Abvent.PhotoCAD.v1.0.MacOSX ACD.Systems.Canvas.X.0.2.925.MacOSX Adobe.Acrobat.7.0.Pro.for.Mac.OS 1CD Adobe Acrobat 6.0.0 Professional Mac OSX 1CD ...

Outlook 2003 cached mode; selected folders only
When cached mode is enabled, it appears Outlook 2003 still syncs all folders, regardless of what is selected in the Options/Setup/Send&Recieve/Group. Does anyone know of a way to let the selected folders option dictate what is synched in cached mode? We have a number of users with large mailboxes who could benefit from cached mode, but also are particular about which folders are synchronized for offline use. They would like the same folders not synchronized in cached mode as they were in online/offline setup. Thanks in advance! ...

Giant font sizes in chart text boxes
Sometimes text boxes on charts display a very large font size; only when selecting the chart will it be shown as the size I set it to (something like 18). It seems to happen when Auto-scale fonts is checked for the chart, which is hard to understand because I am not resizing the charts! Maybe with AutoScale checked, Excel feels a duty to recalculate the font size. At least it returns to normal when you select the chart. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "hmm" <hmm...

No Subject Box
Hi My wife uses Outlook 2000, when she sends an e-mail message there is no box for a subject, is this normal for Outlook. I use OE and that is OK. Thanks for any help I think if you start a new message, go to the View menu and select Message Header the Subject field will return "I'm Old Greg" <Jack@invalid.invalid> wrote in message news:e%237Fi07XGHA.4324@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hi > > My wife uses Outlook 2000, when she sends an e-mail message there is no > box > for a subject, is this normal for Outlook. I use OE and that is OK. Open new messa...

Weird attachment problem
I have a weird problem with an attachment. I have a SQL Server 2000 with Reporting Services. Every morning it generates a report and e-mail it to 6 people as an Excel attachment. 5 of those people also us Blackberry. I do not. They can open the report on the BB, or through Outlook. If they use Outlook Web Access, the message shows the paper clip, but when you open it, there is no attachment. If I forward from OWA back to myself, I can open the attachment in Outlook, but not OWA. If I forward my copy of that e-mail to one of those users, they have the same problem. They can open attachm...

How to display selection handles
Hello all, A quick question .. I have been developing Windows Apps for some time, but heretofore have not had the requirement to display graphics in a document view that have to be selectable via a left mouse click. The standard Windows procedure to to left click the graphic and have the graphic highlighted via display of the familar selection rectangles. These selection rectangles are typically small filled black rectangles on the periphery of the graphic. For a line, these selection rectangles are at the endpoints. For a rectangle, the selection rectangles are at each rectangle ...

Calender Problem after Exchange Migration
Hi all, I've got a bit of a Exch Calendar problem. We recently migrated from Exch2000 Srv to Exch2003 Srv. We also changed domain names (AD and company) as well. Due to time constraints and other issues I won't go into, things were a little rushed and the way we did the migration was probably not by the MS rules. Basically we restored a backup of the mailboxes from the old Exch2000 server to the new Exch2003 server. This was done via Qinetix MB idata agent. We thought this would be quicker than exporting the mailbox's out as PST files and then importing them. This part app...

Multi-threading with multi-port server
Hi guys, Can I ask your guidance on how to imeplement server with multi- threading and multi-port? meaning, I would like my server to receive audio and video in different ports, and they run concurrently and send the data to clients. I am so lost, because I would mess up my .accept and .listen and setparent if i have videosocket and audiosocket object. I tried and it just froze. "Rehmet" <rgnurrahmat@gmail.com> wrote in message news:8f9b7615-8252-4661-9949-8812b735aa00@l32g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > Hi guys, > > Can I ask your guidance on how to imeplement serve...

Presentation box with dropdown menu
i want to make a presentation box that is linked with drop down menu i mean when i choose any thing in the drop down menu its shows the details in the presentation box. Please help What do you mean by 'Presentation box'? "Anand vijay" wrote: > i want to make a presentation box that is linked with drop down menu i mean > when i choose any thing in the drop down menu its shows the details in the > presentation box. Please help I mean any object in which i can show my data i.e., financial figures. "Mike" wrote: > What do you mean by 'Presentat...

Multi Store Workflow Question
We have one store and a warehouse. We need to order and receive items at the warehouse and transfer them to the store. We need the store to be able to see what is on order and all inventory at the warehouse. Is anyone doing something like this, and how easy it it? At a recent demo, this required many steps, logging into 3 different databases, doing updates, etc. Very confusing for simple tasks we need to do every day. Marvin: Microsoft RMS HeadQuarters would be the solution for you. You can view the inventory in Warehouse and items on order from the Store Mihir Shah Diviasoft, In...

cell selection stuck on
Hi, while working in excel, occasionally the cell selection gets stuck on, so moving the mouse/cursor highlights cells even though I dont want it to. closing excel does not help, I have to reboot to stop it happening, then it comes back. it is a large spreadsheet. argh! need help! thanks brian. Hi Brian! A frequently experienced problem. Several possible solutions: 1. Once in this mode you'll probably see EXT in the status bar of XL, press F8 and see if it goes away. 2. Sometimes clicking the wheel also helps. 3. Check you haven�t got a sticky key on your key...