Modifying existing record from form

My goal is to try to create a form that allow users to search for a record in
the table and pre-populate the information in that record, and then, allow
users to input data into fields that has not yet been filled or to
overwrite/change the existing record information for that particular record,
without adding a new record (to avoid duplicates) but simply change the
information to that record only. I have only gotten the form to add new
records (using bound form) which I don't want, but I am not sure how to go
about just modifying the existing record. Does anyone know?
Many Thanks!

"yui" <yui@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My goal is to try to create a form that allow users to search for a record
> in
> the table and pre-populate the information in that record, and then, allow
> users to input data into fields that has not yet been filled or to
> overwrite/change the existing record information for that particular
> record,
> without adding a new record (to avoid duplicates) but simply change the
> information to that record only. I have only gotten the form to add new
> records (using bound form) which I don't want, but I am not sure how to go
> about just modifying the existing record. Does anyone know?
> Many Thanks!

Set the AllowAdditions property of the form to No. That makes it impossible
for the user to add new records.

0
Stuart
10/16/2007 2:48:57 PM
I try setting the AllowAddition Property to No but the form completely
disappeared in form view. I would like the user to search for data, modify it
and be allowed to save the changes made to the same data record. Sorry if it
was not clear what I indicated before. Thanks again!

"Stuart McCall" wrote:

> "yui" <yui@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > My goal is to try to create a form that allow users to search for a record
> > in
> > the table and pre-populate the information in that record, and then, allow
> > users to input data into fields that has not yet been filled or to
> > overwrite/change the existing record information for that particular
> > record,
> > without adding a new record (to avoid duplicates) but simply change the
> > information to that record only. I have only gotten the form to add new
> > records (using bound form) which I don't want, but I am not sure how to go
> > about just modifying the existing record. Does anyone know?
> > Many Thanks!
>
> Set the AllowAdditions property of the form to No. That makes it impossible
> for the user to add new records.

Problem to modify the size of PlotArea
Hello, I am trying to modify a chart so that it prints in a 20cm x 17,5cm frame. I do understand that this is governed by the plotarea.insideheight and plotarea.insidewidth properties. I also do understant that these properties are read-only. So far my code is the following: With ActiveChart .SizeWithWindow = False .PageSetup.ChartSize = xlScreenSize .PlotArea.Width = 567 .PlotArea.Height = 496 Do While .PlotArea.InsideWidth < 567 .PlotArea.Width = .Pl...

Recieving forms
For some reason I no longer recieve my front page forms and possibly related problem my e-mail no longer automatically downloads when I open my e-mail the header of the e-mails come on there but I have to click on the header to view the message. Steve ...

a way to amplify the recordings i make
Is it possible to make the volume of the recordings louder? I know i can output the recordings and amplify it as much as i want using an external 3rd party program, the question is will it be synced with my writings during the recording ? (assuming it was synced before the editing...). If not, is it possible to amplify it at the same time it records somehow? except from defining it in windows because i already did so... The reason I ask is because my lecture recordings are quite quiet and i can barely hear what was said, using an external usb microphone... matan ofer wrote...

EXE change in data modified
Hi Guys Have a question regarding GP. What can cause a change in the "modified date" to the dynamics.exe file? In theory, something would need to change the file. My best guess would be a service pack would change the date. -- www.fmtconsultants.com "cruesta@gmail.com" wrote: > Hi Guys > > Have a question regarding GP. What can cause a change in the "modified > date" to the dynamics.exe file? > > For GP 9.0 SP 1 the Dynamics.exe modified date is 5/16/2006 which looks to be the date the Service Pack was created (as opposed to the da...

Modifier Error
Whenever we try to go to modifier it gets the following error. The Modifier is currently unavailable because another user is editing resources in the Forms Dictionary. The Server has already been rebooted but we are still coming up with the same error. Thanks, Hi make sure that you are not sharing the Forms Dictionary with another users. Thanks BS "Jess M." <JessM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C56C6878-9410-4CF5-95DE-DCA0AC50EA55@microsoft.com... > Whenever we try to go to modifier it gets the following error. > > The Modifier is current...

adding 2008 server to existing 2003 sbs domain
I’m having an issue with a new member server to an existing domain. the new server is 2008 R2 running terminal services. I was not able to add the server to the existing sbs 2003 domain using the add a server wizard so I added the server to the domain manually. Everything seemed fine for a day or two but now we receive an error either logging on locally or remotely that says The security database on the server does not have a computer account for this workstation trust relationship. If we reboot the server we can once again log on to the domain. we had the same issue some time ag...

Newbie Question : How do i add Elements into a existing XML File ?
Hi NG I got one XML File like this: <Known> <Item>Some Text 1</Item> <Item>Some Text 2</Item> <Item>Some Text 3</Item> </Known> Now i would like to add a Element <Item> with the Value 'Some Text 4' How can i add this Element without tuching the existing Elements ? Thanks for one Example regards Peter Peter Treier wrote: > <Known> > <Item>Some Text 1</Item> > <Item>Some Text 2</Item> > <Item>Some Text 3</Item> > </Known> > > Now i...

modified timeline graph
I have a table of dates and events (and "phase"), and I want to make a timeline graph: 1-d horizontal line, no (visible) y-axis. I want the distance between the events to be spaced based on the date, and the event names to be shown at each point. The dates should be shown too, either for each event or just based on auto-scaling of the x-axis (e.g. major unit = 3 months). Here's the hard part. The events happen in different "phases", and I want to show the phases graphically somehow. I was thinking this component of the graph would be a bar chart, and I could someho...

Modify name displayed in GAL
Hi all! Is there any way to change the manner in wich user are displayed in GAL? I've been aked to set DislayName to "First Last", but leave "Last First" in GAL - is there any way to do this? Thanx -- R.V. ...

Help create a form to add info
I have a table that has fields for PartNumber, Suffix, Mechanic and Line. I need to create a form that the user can type several PartNumber-Suffix combinations from the table then apply their Mechanic (name) and Line (number) to. Can anyone help me get started on this please? Sorry - forgot to include that I do have a query (Part-Number Query) that joins the PartNumber and Suffix to display as PartNumber-Suffix. "Design by Sue" wrote: > I have a table that has fields for PartNumber, Suffix, Mechanic and Line. I > need to create a form that the user can type several P...

How to unconcatenate a record in Access
I have a table with a fields that contains both a date and time. I am having trouble pulling a query using a Between (this) And (That) criteria. Can I do something like I can in Excel where I can seperate the two pieces into two seperate fields? -- Bill1967 On Mon, 25 Jun 2007 09:46:05 -0700, Bill1967 <Bill1967@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a table with a fields that contains both a date and time. I am having >trouble pulling a query using a Between (this) And (That) criteria. Can I do >something like I can in Excel where I can seperate the two pieces int...

New HQ with Existing Store Questions
I have a single store in operation and I want to add HQ and a second store. I'm getting very close, but the manuals are not much help with some issues... 1) HQID Item Issue I have created a blank HQ database and imported the information from the existing store. That worked fine. However, I found some cryptic information in a getting started guide (downloaded online) about how it is best to export a store, even for existing locations. That does not make sense to me, and I do not want to lose my history. I think it has something to do with the HQID for the items. It goes on to say ...

Potential duplicate records: None
When we run the duplicate detection wizard and view the results, there are several records that do not have duplicates. They come up with the message: "Potential duplicate records: None". Does anybody know why this happens? I have looked all over and can't find a reason behind it. I would like to know the anwser to this too. We have identical problems. "Taylor" wrote: > When we run the duplicate detection wizard and view the results, there are > several records that do not have duplicates. They come up with the message: > "Potential duplica...

After crash forms display #Name? errors
Hello, I was working on my Db when all of a sudden it crashed. I saved a backup and closed it down. I opened the back up and now on my main " Job Information" form, almost all of my text boxes with equations display "#Name?". Some of the text boxes reference other tables, some other forms, and some the same form they are located on. I checked the data source an a select few boxes and all the data, according to my table, is correct. Its worth noting that the entire DB was working perfectly before this crash. Now if i go into design mode for the form, delete any t...

modify online services
My bank recently upgraded their online services to include Direct Statements. Previously I had set up to receive Web statements. Money 2004 Omline services Manager does not give me the option to "modify services" only to "change financial institutions." Any ideas on how I can modify online banking services so I can use background banking to get Direct statements? This is how it works in M03: From account list -> Click manage online services -> click Setup online services, then select the financial institution from the list (assuming the list is updated wi...

One Record at a time Report
I have a table with columns that represent different metrics on separate investments. Each investment is a separate row of the table. Is it possible to have a Report based on the table that displays/prints each row as a separate report? Thanks! (B^>)-]=[ WSR wrote: >I have a table with columns that represent different metrics on separate >investments. > >Each investment is a separate row of the table. > >Is it possible to have a Report based on the table that displays/prints each >row as a separate report? Well, lots ot things are ...

GP7.5SP6
We're in the process of upgrading from GP7.5 SP4 to SP6. We are on MSSQL Server 7.0. My supervisor has already implemented the hot fix as describe in MBS (that's a script to update some indexes on the server if someone is using GP7.5 manufacturing on MSSQL7). When I try to import modified forms and reports I've received some errors. For instances some references on the VBA to the GUI forms (i.e. text boxes, buttons) become missing. And on the reports I've been told it couldn't find the table MOP_MO_Variance_DC_Detail_Report_Temp and MOP-Sched_Interface_Report_Before....

Changing mask on form
Hi I've got a small problem. I'm in the process of designing an application for inspection process on production line. one of the issues I came across is input masks. scanned serial numbers have to be of specific format, i.e TKCA0CH123456MUR1111 in this mask: 1st three characters (TKC) don't change 4th chcnges depending of month and is a letter 5th is a number representing year so it changes every january 6th character (C) doesn't change 7th (H) is a subject to changes, always a letter 8th-13th are set of 6 random numbers 14th is a letter and last 6 ch...

Search / Modify / Delete . . .
In �sheet1� I have a database with theses headers �Name, Phone, Address and below are the records rows 2-150. In �sheet2� I have the data entr� form (not VBA) its on the sheet, that has a macro that writes t �Sheet1� (for storage). How can implement a search for a record and return the result t �sheet2�, with the ability to modify or delete from the databas (�sheet1�). Thanking you in advance -- Fabl ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Fable's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=218 View this thread: http://www.ex...

Modified By and Modified On fields
I am trying to customize a phone form (will need to do the same to most others) by adding Modified By and Modified On fields. After publishing the form, the fields appear on the form just fine but the lookup to a user list is greyed out. Any ideas? Am I doing something wrong? I found the answer myself. Those are system-generated values and. therefore, cannot be modified by a user "mkatsev" wrote: > I am trying to customize a phone form (will need to do the same to most > others) by adding Modified By and Modified On fields. After publishing the > form, the fields ap...

Continuous Form & 2 queries
User would like a spread sheet type look (former excel junkie)…but for a good reason. Will describe in nontechnical terms: The data on left half is related to data on right half by a unique common field. But a query that would bring them into a single record source results in the query not being update-able. (The left half data is from a query that has a sum subquery….so I understand why the query is not updateable) So while the left half data is static – the right half data is update-able. Going with a subForm loses the continuous form look they want to scroll thru lots of lines of ...

does sa have automatic Modified Forms access in GP 10?
Hello: I know that, in GP 10.0, sa is tagged with "DEFAULT USER" for Alternate and Modified windows and reports and has a Power User role. But, I imported Modifier code into GP 10.0 here on my laptop and sa automatically was able to see the modification even though the DEFAULT USER "role" did not have security access to it. Does sa automatically have access to mods, no matter what the security setup is like? Thanks! childofthe1980s While I have not tested all of the form types that can be modified, I know that when I modify a Dynamics report I have to add tha...

runtime error 3021 No current record
Hello, I got this runtime error only when I run the db at home computer. The error happened when created new record and stopped at line "doCmd.domenuitem acformbar, aceditmenu, 6, , acmenuver70". This line of the code is under cancel button. Can anyone help please? Thank you in advance! If this is a command button that is meant to undo any changes to the current record in your bound form, you could try replacing the code with this: If Me.Dirty Then Me.Undo If that's not what you are doing, let us know. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia ...

Open form to new record
Hello all: Is there a way to control a form such that when it is opened, the index is positioned to add a record rather than display the current (first or any) record? Ron Marchand On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 14:29:35 -0500, Ronald Marchand wrote: > Hello all: > > Is there a way to control a form such that when it is opened, the index is > positioned to add a record rather than display the current (first or any) > record? > > Ron Marchand Always open that way? Set the Form's DataEntry property to Yes If only when opened from a command button on anther form (or ot...

Modifying the Sales Receipt
We are using RMS, and our receipts print out on a simple Star impact printer. Two things would be nice. It would be nice to know, generally speaking, how to modify what prints on the receipt. More specifically, when we sell items at a discount, it shows the discount and it shows the discounted price, but it does NOT, for some reason, show the original price. I would like to be able to show the original price at least, and if possible, calculate the amount saved. Our prior system, FoxPro based Biztracker, did that as standard. All suggestions greatly appreciated. -- Bud Izen In the...