Microsoft Office Access 2007 Security Notice

I have just recently upgraded my Access version from 2000 to 2007.  When
attempting to open my database I get the security warning error below...

"A potential security concern has been identified.

Warning: It is not possible to determine that this content came from a
trustworty source. You should leave this content disabaled unless the content
provides critical functionality and you trust its source.

File Path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\1033\utility.mda

This file might contain unsafe content that could harm your computer. Do you
want to open this file or cancel the operation?"

When I click Open to the dialog box things appear to be fine at the moment.
Yet when I close and reopen my database the same error appears.  Does anyone
know why the utility.mda worked without error in 2000 but appears to cause
problems in 2007?  Is there a way to permanently turn this warning dialog
off?  Any insight, help or direction is much appreciated.

Simply go into the References dialog (under Tools when you're in the VB
Editor) and uncheck the reference to that file.

Access 2007 doesn't use it anymore. (For that matter, I don't think Access
2000 did either, but it didn't cause an error in earlier versions of Access)

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"jsg" <jsg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have just recently upgraded my Access version from 2000 to 2007.  When
> attempting to open my database I get the security warning error below...
>
> "A potential security concern has been identified.
>
> Warning: It is not possible to determine that this content came from a
> trustworty source. You should leave this content disabaled unless the
> content
> provides critical functionality and you trust its source.
>
> File Path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\1033\utility.mda
>
> This file might contain unsafe content that could harm your computer. Do
> you
> want to open this file or cancel the operation?"
>
> When I click Open to the dialog box things appear to be fine at the
> moment.
> Yet when I close and reopen my database the same error appears.  Does
> anyone
> know why the utility.mda worked without error in 2000 but appears to cause
> problems in 2007?  Is there a way to permanently turn this warning dialog
> off?  Any insight, help or direction is much appreciated.

0
Douglas
12/18/2007 5:33:48 PM
Hi Douglas,
My end user has the same problem. She upgraded the microsoft office
version 2000 to 2007.
When she openned the dba application (MS access application) "A
potential security concern has been identified" msg has occured.
I've tried unsuccessfully to resolve this issue. I was unable to see
the references dialog (underter tools in the vb editors). which
reference file that I should uncheck. I really need a little more
details in order to trouble shoot the problem. Thanks for your help.
Gigi

On Dec 18, 12:33=A0pm, "Douglas J. Steele"
<NOSPAM_djsteele@NOSPAM_canada.com> wrote:
> Simply go into the References dialog (under Tools when you're in the VB
> Editor) and uncheck the reference to that file.
>
> Access 2007 doesn't use it anymore. (For that matter, I don't think Access=

> 2000 did either, but it didn't cause an error in earlier versions of Acces=
s)

> --
> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVPhttp://I.Am/DougSteele
> (no private e-mails, please)
>
> "jsg" <j...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >I have just recently upgraded my Access version from 2000 to 2007. =A0Whe=
> > attempting to open my database I get the security warning error below...=

> > "A potential security concern has been identified.
>
> > Warning: It is not possible to determine that this content came from a
> > trustworty source. You should leave this content disabaled unless the
> > content
> > provides critical functionality and you trust its source.
>
> > File Path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\1033\utility.mda
>
> > This file might contain unsafe content that could harm your computer. Do=

> > you
> > want to open this file or cancel the operation?"
>
> > When I click Open to the dialog box things appear to be fine at the
> > moment.
> > Yet when I close and reopen my database the same error appears. =A0Does
> > anyone
> > know why the utility.mda worked without error in 2000 but appears to cau=
se
> > problems in 2007? =A0Is there a way to permanently turn this warning dia=
log
> > off? =A0Any insight, help or direction is much appreciated.- Hide quoted=
 text -

bebegi88

Can I update from Office 98 to Office X
Can I update from Office 98 to Office X for mac? I should of said upgrade from Office 98 to Office X for mac? > From: Aggregates & Roadbuilding Magazine <rock@sympatico.ca> > Newsgroups: microsoft.public.mac.office > Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 14:37:48 -0500 > Subject: Can I update from Office 98 to Office X > > Can I update from Office 98 to Office X for mac? > According to the Mactopia site: You can upgrade to Office v. X for Mac if you already own any of the following products: Office´┐Ż98 Macintosh Edition Entourage´┐Ż2001 Special Edition <http://www.micr...

Linking tasks in MS Project 2007
roI have copied 5 tasks from a project and linked them in a consolidated project using the 'Paste Special' command. This almost works well because any changes I make to the tasks in the original project are reflected in the consolidated project except the % complete shown in the indicators column. For some reason, when I make any changes to the % complete in the original project, the changes arent reflected in the consolidated project (and vice versa). I'm presuming that % complete should be updated like any other field therefore any help would be appreciated. -- s...

microsoft
weghtgh ...

BDL and Office 2003 Standard
Hi, I installed BDL in my workstation (Windows XP SP2, Firewall disabled) with Office 2003 Standard edition. The toolbar "Insert From CRM" shows, but when I click it, nothing happens. No task pane shows for CRM entities, though my task pane is visible. Does anyone experienced the same dilemma? Please advise. ...

"dpm 2007" library shows "Missing:1" for a slot in quantum superlo
I have reinstalled the entire OS/DPM 2007 setup, but despite this, i'm still "missing" a slot in library.. slot 9 of my quantum dlt-s4 superloader 3. I've emptied that slot in the library just to make sure.. Does anyone know what would cause this and how to fix it? I'm on 2008 r2 x64 ( was on plain 2008 x64 before, no change).. Thanks I tried all of your suggestions, but #9 is still missing. (Note, again, that i had wiped the C drive and reinstalled 2007 dpm, as well as upgraded to 2010, all to no avail). I'm still thinking it may be a bad cart...

access app as a service
Thanks in advance for your help. What is the easiest way to run an access app as a windows service? I'm looking for options. Thanks again. hi Lance, On 21.04.2010 16:37, Lance McGonigal wrote: > What is the easiest way to run an access app as a windows service? I'm > looking for options. There are some third-party tools which allows to run almost any executable as a service, but an Access application is not such an application. You may run Access using the Task Scheduler. btw, why do you want to do that? Maybe there are other options. mfG -->...

Outlook 2007 Autopick Next
I was looking for autopick next in Outlook 2007 and couldn't find it. However, after googling I found a couple of sources that have a screen shot of the Scheduling Assistant screen that show an Autopick Next button in the lower left corner ( same place as 2003). I do not have this button on my screen. Am I missing something, was something changed before Outlook 2007 was released or ............? Thanks for your help! Are you sure the screenshot was for 2007? On the appointment form, it's on the right side, http://www.xsolive.com/Outlook%20Screen%20shots/suggest.png Actions, Plan a m...

Updated Office 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I am not very techno minded, so I don't know what to do. I updated Office 2008 and now it says that I have entered an invalid product key. I didn't enter any product key! I went to some of the help solutions on this site and one told me to delete the Office Folder. If I do this won't I lose all of the files I have in Word and ExceL? I am afraid to do anything, but cannot get into any files. Please help me with simple instructions if you can. Thanks. On 8/5/09 5:08 PM, in article 59b79af0.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "LC@...

Pictures in an Access table
Am I right in thinking that it is not possible to format a field in an Access table to hold a picture (say a jpg), so that the pictures will be displayed when the table is displayed (or at least when the results of a query based on the table are displayed). I want to catalogue a set of pictures with fields for their properties in such a way as to allow the sort of searches that Access queries allow. I thought Access would allow me to do this, but on looking into it I cannot see how. I have Access 2007 running on a machine with Vista Home and Access 2000 on a machine with Windows XP ...

out of office assistant not working
hi.. i have set out of office assistant from the EXCHANGE SERVER2000and from the client side outlook too..but its still not working,when i sent an e-mail locally.it does not says the person is not in the office.it goes to the inbox.. any ideas ...

Excel not Access

Outlook 2007
Hi All Using outlook 2003 I had the MCL overwritten by the users login script with a version that included all the categories we needed. Now with outlook 2007 this no longer works as the categories are stored elsewhere. Is there a way using something like vbs that the users categories could be over written by a master txt file or something? I tried the catman 2 tool but would involve installing the app on multiple machines. Thanks in advance. Laurence. "LarryB" <LarryB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07DBECAB-79CE-4942-B527-2DF2C283387...

Money 2007 Locks up when trying to reconcile account
Hello, everytime I try to reconcile an account the program stops responding. I am running XPSP2. Please help. I have never had a problem until now. Have you tried File|Repair? "dandrzej" <dandrzej@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3DF46789-461F-4C77-968D-CD5CE1A24E0F@microsoft.com... > Hello, everytime I try to reconcile an account the program stops > responding. > I am running XPSP2. Please help. I have never had a problem until now. Thanks, I believed that worked. "Dick Watson" wrote: > Have you tried File|Repair? > &...

how to download office 2003 web components
when I will try to access data analysis page and there is message to download office 2003 web components . but it is downloading to late in network from project server 2007. I want it separately then copy at the team member computer and install there directly . i dont want to download from project server 2007 server . Kindly tell me the location of these components . Sam: A simple Google search would answer this question. See: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=7287252C-402E-4F72-97A5-E0FD290D4B76&displaylang=en -- Gary L. Chefetz, MVP, MCT,...

Cannot access mine CRM (3.0) Contacts from Outlook 2003 Address Book
I have imported over 700 contacts into CRM (3.0). I have installed the CRM using Outlook 2003 client. When I look in my Address book in the Show names from list, I can see the CRM contacts option but I get an information message. Message reads "The Address list could not be displayed. The action could not be completed". What do I need to do to have my CRM contacts accessable from Outlook for addressing mail? ...

size of large icons in 2007 Ribbon
What is the expected size of the image to be used in the "large" ribbon controls? I searched around but didn't find it in the docs. Thanks! Hi, I believe its, Normal = 16 x 16 Large = 32 x 32 Cheers Andy On 09/02/2010 05:22, E. Alex Davis wrote: > What is the expected size of the image to be used in the "large" ribbon > controls? I searched around but didn't find it in the docs. Thanks! ...

AutoReply Out Of Office Messages
In our Outlook 2002 server environment, we recieve an Auto reply for the Out Of Office message only on the first message sent to that person. I seem to remember a setting to recieve it with every message, while the out of office is on. Anyone know where??????? Shawn C <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > In our Outlook 2002 server environment, we recieve an Auto > reply for the Out Of Office message only on the first > message sent to that person. That's the way it's supposed to work. -- Brian Tillman ...

Microsoft Promo

Access 2000 01-07-08
Does anyone know how to define an email field as a clickable event which then opens up Outlook Express with the email address you have just clicked appearing in the To: line? Sarah, > Does anyone know how to define an email field as a clickable event... Every TextControl has a DoubleClick event. Any code you want to run when the field is double-clicked should be placed in that event. Given an Email field on the form named EMail1, the following code will send an email to the email address contained in Email1. (Don't use the Click event, as that will send an email every time...

Can not turn Out of Office autoreply off
I was able to set up this feature before I left for vacation. I have now returned and the option is no longer on the TOOLS drop down menu! I can not find any information on how to disable it now. Help greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance... "rdlari" <rdlari@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA44F8F9-3C34-4800-95D8-238EEB6551EF@microsoft.com... >I was able to set up this feature before I left for vacation. > > I have now returned and the option is no longer on the TOOLS drop down menu! > I can not find any information on how to ...