Memo Box Resize in Form View

I'm going to cut and paste text into a form and would like the form box to
automatically resize to fit the text being pasted in full view.

Is there a way to have my Memo fields to automatically resize?

Thanks

(B^>)-]=[

0
WSR

"WSR" <wsr203@hughes.net> wrote in message
> I'm going to cut and paste text into a form and would like the form box to
> automatically resize to fit the text being pasted in full view.
>
> Is there a way to have my Memo fields to automatically resize?

See if Stephen Lebans' "autosize textbox" solution works for you:

    http://www.lebans.com/autosize_textbox.htm

--
Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP

(please reply to the newsgroup)

0
Dirk

Text Box Question

Memos disappear
I am using MS Money 2006. When I download new transactions from my bank and import them there is usually some information contained in the memo box. I have been using MS Money for years and have never seen this happen until today. The new transactions had information in the memo section, then it suddenly disappeared. It was also gone from all other transactions that were still bold. Luckily I was able to get almost every thing back from a back up. Any idea what happened and how I can prevent this in the future? ...

form question..??
hello everyone! You know how yu can open a general template from excel...such as "invoice" and it shows up on yur screen like a piece of paper with the form? and it blacked out from behind like it was scanned in but yu can fill out the entry and so on. Are we able to create our own like that or will it just be a protected sheet or workbook? curious, i was helped to protect my shet and allow users to fillin the required cells. but when we open it ..it looks like a data sheet anyways. not like the form micro soft had incorporated into the "general templates" . is th...

How to clone a dialog view?
I have an AppWizard-generated dialog-based MFC MDI program and I'd like to provide the user the capability to "clone" the current dialog into a new one with the same data that currently exists in the current one. Where do I start? TIA Norm "Norm Dresner" <ndrez@att.net> wrote in message news:T7x4b.122997$3o3.8646195@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net... > I have an AppWizard-generated dialog-based MFC MDI program and I'd like to > provide the user the capability to "clone" the current dialog into a new one > with the same da...

Combo Box Problems
I would like to make a combo box in my worksheet do exactly what the Name Box does. When a item in the combo box is selected scroll right or left through the worksheet and find that heading that was selected in the combo box?.....Is there a way to do this? Thanks. On Aug 13, 10:00=A0am, daphoenix <daphoe...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I would like to make a combo box in my worksheet do exactly what the Name= Box > does. When a item in the combo box is selected scroll right or left throu= gh > the worksheet and find that heading that was selected in the combo > bo...

combo box not selecting
My intent is to create a combo box on a form that will allow the user to choose a name from the combo box (ordered as last name, first name), and when you click on that name, the form goes to the record that holds that name. I was able to create the combo box, and I can choose a name from it, but it does not go to the record associated with that name. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. --ds On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 11:23:04 -0700, Debbie S. wrote: > My intent is to create a combo box on a form that will allow the user to > choose a name from the combo box (ordered as last name, fi...

memo
I am trying to make some "From the desk of" memo pads that I can run off for teacher gifts. Any ideas how to make 4 to a page portrait size? A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from apesgreat66 <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > I am trying to make some "From the desk of" memo pads that I can run > off for teacher gifts. Any ideas how to make 4 to a page portrait > size? Set the Page Size in Page Setup to Custom, and set that to the size you want the pads to be. Use the Advanced Print Settings or Multiple Cop...

Memo Type issues
Hi All, I have a feild set as memo type. It is only allowing 255 character. Why is it limiting my data to this I thought it would allow 64,000+ -- Matt Campbell mattc (at) saunatec [dot] com Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200708/1 Allen Browne's tutorial will probably explain it! http://allenbrowne.com/ser-63.html mattc66 wrote: >Hi All, > >I have a feild set as memo type. It is only allowing 255 character. Why is it >limiting my data to this I thought it would allow 64,000+ > -- There's ALWAYS mor...

Outlook Forms question
I have created a new form for contacts. When I hit new contacts, or double click on contacts, or do anything to add a new contact, I want the form that I made to come up instead of the original. How do I do that? Andrew use the properties of the folder to use this form as the default by changing the type of form that is posted in the folder on the general tab >-----Original Message----- >I have created a new form for contacts. When I hit new contacts, or double >click on contacts, or do anything to add a new contact, I want the form that >I made to come up instead of the o...

Change default view in registry
After installing Outlook I need to change the default view for al users. Is there a registry entry I can change? Maybe in the All User hive? Maybe in the Default Users hive? Any help will be greatl appreciated ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Prevent Spammers from using form
Is there a way to keep spammers out of your form submit. Also whats a good way to spam the spammers. I'ds like to reply to the spam with a thousand replys with just sending it once. Is that possible? Does anyone know of any good sites to learn how to spam the spammers. Look through the pages starting at http://www.rxs-enterprises.co.uk/fp/articles/2007/12/01/03/Reduce_Spam_in_Form_results.aspx Note that one important decision you will have to make is: which server side scripting technology (asp, asp.NET, PHP etc) to use? FrontPage extensions will only give a very limited p...

Memo Field 04-20-07
my memo field will not allow characters past 257 characters when typing in data from a form, why won't it? Are you sure you defined the field as memo, and not text with a limit of 255 characters? Mich "accessdesigner" <accessdesigner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:497B46D1-2D36-4520-B3B6-82C199F80AF4@microsoft.com... > my memo field will not allow characters past 257 characters when typing in > data from a form, why won't it? 1. Are you really, really sure that it's a memo field and not a text field? I had to ask. 2. Is there some s...

check box fields that correlate to data fields
Hello, Following the advice from Karl Dewey: how does one correlate data fields to check boxes; so that report knows to pull from only checked data fields? Thanks, LA -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Can you provide some useful context to your question? How about some requirements or specs? -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP If I have helped you, please help me by donating to UCP http://www.access.hookom.net/UCP/Default.htm "misschanda via AccessMonster.com" wrote: > Hello, > Following the advice from Karl Dewey: how does one correlate data fields...

combo box #21
I need to create a combo box and would like to use the control box. Can anyone guide me to a good tutorial? hi, try this. if the home page comes up, type in combo box in the keyword box http://www.exceltip.com/se/combo_box.html regards FSt1 "ReneeR" wrote: > I need to create a combo box and would like to use the control box. Can > anyone guide me to a good tutorial? ...

Duplicate message box
Hi... Can u pls.anybody suggest for my below query..? My query is.... I set Primary key for 4 field together as i need to check duplicate values for these 4 field. When i enter the data into the form, it restricts to enter the duplicate values by giving the below message. "The changes you requested to the table were not successful because they would create duplicate values in the index,primary key, or relationship. Change the data in the field or fields thagt contain duplicate data,remove the index,or redefine the index to permit duplicate entries and try again." But, i ne...

I can't get "continued on page . . " to show up in my text box. .
Know matter what I do, I can't get "continued on page" or "continued from page" to show up in my text box. What am I doing wrong. This is such a simple thing, why isn't it working? So FRUSTRATED!!!!! Publisher 2000 here. Create your pages and links (auto flow from page to page) Highlight text box on page one Select Format, Text frame properties, check the "continued to" and "continued from" You may have to edit them with page n and form page n -- Don Vancouver, USA "jnap" <jnap@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

Credit memo not appearing in Sales Statement
Hi, Im using the RM Statement on blank paper but when printing the document out, the credit memo amount won't show. It'll only show the the document no. In the report writter, i pull out 2 column for debit amount and credit amount. Please help. Thanks in advance!! ...

Outlook 2002/Win XP and HTML <FORM>s
It seems that the default settings do not allow POSTing from an HTML FORM received in an HTML email in Win XP/Outlook 2002. Is there a way of enabling this action, please? Thanks, Tony ...

Chart Text Box Data Table
For the boss, I would like to display a series of figures (as text) that are derived from the data underlying a chart. For example, the chart shows electricity demand in kW over the course of the day. In the upper corner of the chart, I want to display the total usage in kWhr for the whole day, its cost, and the percentage difference from our budget. I know how to do this with just one value: create a text box, then use the formula bar to enter something like "=Sheet1!$C$4". But to do that with all the information I want to display would require about a dozen text boxes, a...

Text Box in a Report
This is my control source for a text box: =([Company]) & Chr(13) & Chr(10) & ([BizShipAddr]) & Chr(13) & Chr(10) & Trim([BizshipCity]) & ", " & ([Bizshipstate]) & " " & ([BizshipZip]) Programmically is it possible, if there is NO company name, not to put a blank line there? I have another text box above it with Attn: ContactName and if there is no company name, there is a blank line between that & the street address. I kept them in seperate boxes as Attn line is bold red. Thanks Curtis On Tue, 1 May 2007 12:47:15 -0700,...

Form fields in letterhead template
Hi, I'd really appreciate some help on this issue. I'm creating a letterhead with automated areas for filling in. I've done this using form fields, and it works great apart from the body text. I'd like the user to be able to edit the body text as much as possible, including the use of tabbed indents and bullet points. But the protected form fields don't allow me to do this. When I unprotect the document, all fields are unprotected, leaving a lot more room for error. Any suggestion would be great, thanks ...

Re: Automatic Comments Boxes
This works great however I need it too work across a huge range of date E6:AE729 pulling the info each time from the respective cell in the other sheet. Also I need the comment to be removed if the cell is made blank later. TIA > "Max" <demechanik@yahoo.com> wrote in message > news:uf%23vGD9WEHA.2520@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > > Just a little clarification .. > > > > The description "workbook module" > > should rightly read as "ThisWorkbook module" > > (.. less ambiguous) > > > > -- > > Rgds > > M...

data validation, list box
When I make a list box from "data validation" "allow=List" "Source=Data" I get a standard list box. How can I resize this default listbox ?? See http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal08.html#Wider -- HTH Bob Phillips "Hekke" <Hekke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2653AEDA-F7EF-4E19-9ED7-99D4F8BCE4C1@microsoft.com... > When I make a list box from "data validation" > "allow=List" > "Source=Data" > I get a standard list box. How can I resize this default listbox ?? ...

Running tally on form
MS Access 2003 front end, Sql back end, multiple user environment. Info: I have a form used for auditing evidence. It is based on a select query whose criteria is the storage location [STORAGE]. A barcode is scanned which inputs the unique identifier [ID] for the item. VBA code then determines if the item is still active or needs to be destroyed based on the status of the evidence [DISPOSITION]. If it is active ([DISPOSITION]=0), several fields are populated with information to show that the item has been audited, who audited it, and at what time. If it is to be destroyed ...

How do you customize the 'Print View'?