Make table field descriptions appear in status bar

Using Office 2003 and Windows XP;

When building a table, normally the info entered into the description field
will show in the status bar when the bound control is active.

For one of my forms, this appears to be turned off. How can I restore this?

Thanks much in advance.

XP wrote:

>Using Office 2003 and Windows XP;
>
>When building a table, normally the info entered into the description field
>will show in the status bar when the bound control is active.
>
>For one of my forms, this appears to be turned off. How can I restore this?

The only reason the field description appears is because you
dragged the field from the Field List to the form to create
the text box (or a wizard did it for you).  If the field in
the table has a description, the above will automatically
set the text box's StatusBarText property to the field
description.  If the field did not have a description at
that time or you created the text box using the tool box
button, then the status bar text will be empty unitl you set
it to something.

I think you should open the form in design view, select the
text box, and either Copy/Paste the table field's
description or just type what you want to see in the status
bar.

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

Make Default

Stacking data from within a series within a bar chart
Hi there, For a stacked bar chart (not the 100% stacked bar chart), is there a way to stack the data within a series and make each series a different bar within the bar chart, instead of vice versa which appears to be the Excel default (e.g. In Excel, the highlighted values for a series become separate bars, and each subsequent series is stacked upon this preceding series dependent upon the order of the highlighted values)? If not, can I move around my bars so that some are more adjacent to particular bars and not so close to others? If this isn't clear, I've tried to specify ...

making a transfer show up in the budget

Reversing name values in a field
Hi, I have a field called CustomerName that has values that are last name, first name. So there is a value of Smith, John which is John Smith. I want to preserve the value in this field but create a new field called CustomerName1 that has John Smith in it. It would need to somehow reverse the values based on the comma delimeter and then get rid of the comma. Can someone help? Thanks, -- Chuck W LN = Left$(CustomerName, InStr(CustomerName, ",") - 1) FN = Right$(CustomerName, Len(CustomerName) - InStr(CustomerName, ",")) -Dorian "ChuckW" wrote:...

link to the exchange table is missing
We have had several transactions; receiving and AP apply batches (and possibly others) in which the link to the exchange table is missing (in receivings new transactions cannot be saved as the exchange rate can't be found). We have been using GP without incident for a long time & no obvious processes were run prior to this error occurring. I ran Check Links & still receive the error. Is a valid exchange rate listed? They do expire and the parameters of your setup determine how long they are valid. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Docu...

Merging two tables
I have two tables in Access, and want to link each of them to a single table. If I use the File, Get External Data, Link Tables option, it creates two tables that are each linked to a single table. One way of solving this is to do as above, and then merge the two linked tables. How do I merge tables? Do the two tables have the same structure (fields and data types)? If so, you could use an append query to append one table's records to the other. Steve "Steven" wrote: > I have two tables in Access, and want to link each of them to a single table. > > If I use ...

making tickets

Publisher 2000 page control bar has disappeared
Apologies if this is a duplicate post. Re: Microsoft Publisher 2000: When I opened an 18-page document that I'd been working on for days, the page control bar was missing. I opened several other multiple-page documents and there was no page control bar on them either. I rebooted and tried again with the same results. I can get from page to page using the View menu, but that's tedious. How can I restore my page controls? On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 19:19:28 +0000, j3hop wrote (in article <05A78478-7371-4593-9DA8-E9873DDF5C65@microsoft.com>): > Apologies if this is a duplicate ...

AN OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE $$$

Blank To and From Fields
We are on Exchange 2003 and my folks are receiving e-mail messages where both TO and FROM fields are blank. Is there a way to block messages when both TO and FROM are Blank? This is what the header looks like.... X-Comment: Sending client does not conform to RFC822 minimum requirements X-Comment: Date has been added by Maillennium Received: from X.X.X.X (unknown[X.X.X.X](misconfigured sender)) Thanks! -- NC Beach Bum And they are SPAM, right? Exchange 2003 allows you to filter messages that have a Blank sender. If you want to do this, you must enable it in 2 places. First, under Glo...

Concatenate with Javascript if 3 fields are present
I have 3 fields in a form that I need to concatenate into a string to populate a new field called Test ID, the format ulfor test id should equal LNAME_DOB_TestDate. Patient Name (format is LNAME, FNAME) DOB TestDate There should always be a comma between the LNAME, FNAME field. I need to parse out the LName to the comma to create the string LNAME_DOB_TestDate. This should only happen when all 3 fields are present. Any help appreciated. Thanks. ...

Combine Data from Two Tables Options
Our company has two databases, one for international customers and one for US customers. These two table contain the same fields but seperate data (see below). Is there any way I can creat a query to show me all the records? Is this possible Table 1 US Customers CustomerName SalesRep StartDate AAA111 A 01/01/08 BBB222 B 05/01/07 CCC333 C 01/01/07 Table 2 International Customers CustomerName SalesRep StartDate DDD444 ...

Setting up tables for grades
I do not understand why I am not understanding this, but I am trying to set up a form for inputing student grades. There are 13 classes that I need to track grades for (currently) as well as a composite grade. I have a table (tblStudents) with the student information (including [StudentID]), a table (tblCourses) with course names(two fields, one [CourseID], the other [Course]), and a table (tblCourseGrades) to keep track of the grades ([GradeID], [StudentID], [CourseID], [Grade]). I'm thinking I'm understanding relational design and I have the table set-up correct, but...

printing checks with description on check
I'm trying to print checks with the description on the check. I fill in the description box with the appropriate account number when editing the checks. When I print out the checks the description is not on the check. The field to change is StndCost in IV00101. After resetting the values, make sure to make the appropriate GL adjustments to the Inventory Asset Accounts. You can get information on how Dynamics GP and GreatPlains works from books available at www.AccoladePublications.com. Richard L. Whaley Senior Business Consultant "Jason" wrote: > I'm trying ...

How to make VLOOKUP work for this

Make Personal Calendar Read Only

Word Merge access hyperlink fields.
This is for Albert Kallal or anyone familiar with his Easy Word Merge file. I am a new user to access and have created my first database. I have downloaded and am using Albert Kallal's single word merge. I am having a problem now with hyperlink merge fields as they are displayed as an address and not a hyperlink . I would also like to know how I can merge more than 1 record to a single word document. I have based my form on a query with multiple tables, but when the form is merged only the first record in the query is displayed! Many Thanks. -- Lyndy ...

Inserting a formula into a Word Table
How do you insert a multiplication formula in the last cell of a Word Table so that it only multiples the two previous cells, or the is there a way to pick the cells that you want it to use for the formula? Insert a formula field and do the calculations as you would in Excel. For example: { = A1*A2 } would multiply the values in cell A1 and A2. To insert the field delimiters, { }, press Ctrl+F9. Type in the code. Use F9 to update the result. To show/hide field codes in the selection, use Shift+F9. To show/hide field codes in the whole document, use Alt+F9. Note that table calcul...

Making a bmp transparent
Using Publisher 2000 Windows 98SE Is it possible to make a graphic file transparent? I'm attempting to create a motivational cartoon and would like to have a couple of scenes in the background. To do this I think I need to make an image file transparent. Can it be done? I have Paint Shop Pro and MS Paint. I have the challenge in the file, "Problem.zip" which can be downloaded at: http://www.tinyurl.com/wifs On the "Odds, Ends & Funny Things page. Click on the Snowman. 'Appreciate the help. -- Don -------- Vancouver, USA - One of the great cities in one of...