Make table field descriptions appear in status bar

Using Office 2003 and Windows XP;

When building a table, normally the info entered into the description field
will show in the status bar when the bound control is active.

For one of my forms, this appears to be turned off. How can I restore this?

Thanks much in advance.

XP wrote:

>Using Office 2003 and Windows XP;
>
>When building a table, normally the info entered into the description field
>will show in the status bar when the bound control is active.
>
>For one of my forms, this appears to be turned off. How can I restore this?

The only reason the field description appears is because you
dragged the field from the Field List to the form to create
the text box (or a wizard did it for you).  If the field in
the table has a description, the above will automatically
set the text box's StatusBarText property to the field
description.  If the field did not have a description at
that time or you created the text box using the tool box
button, then the status bar text will be empty unitl you set
it to something.

I think you should open the form in design view, select the
text box, and either Copy/Paste the table field's
description or just type what you want to see in the status
bar.

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

I would like to know if I can make a polar chart with excel
I need to make a grafic of Ø Vrs. K*SenØ, but the chart must be polar Hi, Here are some resources that may help you out. Check out FunChrt6.zip on Stephen Bullen's site http://www.bmsltd.ie/Excel/Default.htm http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/Polar.htm http://www.andypope.info/charts/polarplot.htm Cheers Andy mario567 wrote: > I need to make a grafic of Ø Vrs. K*SenØ, but the chart must be polar -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Missing tool bar??
Several months ago I downloaded Windows Live Mail into my desktop computer Windows XP. After learning how to change a few settings and fighting the learning curve, I don't hate it as much as I did. I recently purchased a Laptop with Windows 7. I downloaded Windows Live Mail into it. It is the same except I cannot find an important setting. The bar across the top of the window that contains the buttons, "File, Edit, View, Go, Tools, Actions and Help" is missing. Please, where do I find the option to make this important feature appear????????? Thanks Ben L...

How to update a link field with preserve format using VBA?
HI All, How to update a link field with preserve format using VBA? Anthony Without knowing more about what you are trying to do it is difficult to advise. You could for example switch to print preview and back or you could use the example code at http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm both of which will update fields in your document. If, as your e-mail address suggests, this is a link to an Excel range then I suspect your concern may be more to do with maintaining the formatting than updating the field. That will depend on the type of link you have inserted. If you ...

How do i transfer spreedsheet info in excel to MS Word make label #2
How do i transfer information on a Excel spreadsheet into a word mail merge to make labels. I am new at this. You don't mention a version, and details vary on that basis. Generallyyou want to work from within Word to create your Form document and begin the mail merge process. Assuming the data in the Excel file is stored appropriately you can specify that file as the Record Source for the merge. When you complete the merge Excel's data will be read into the labels, one label per record. HTH |:>) "water" wrote: > How do i transfer information on a Excel spreads...

Clndr wk/mnth view: How to make "today" a differnet color?
Hello It is very difficult to visually see "today" since all dates have same background colour, especially in month view & week view. Is there any way of making "today's" box have a different background colour from the rest of the days shown? I have tried every search string I could to find this out, but could find nothing for outlook XP in Knowledge Base or on-line help Thank you for your help Tom ...

Import Excel to GP table using Dexterity
Hello all, Does anyone knows how to import excel datas in to GP table using Dexterity? If possible provide any sample code for this. Regards, Prakash Prakash, You should be able to read a file name with the SanScript GetFile function and define a Data Type as Reference, using a Reference Type of COM Object, and defining the COM Object Type as Excel.Application object. I do not have any samples at this time, but I am sure you can figure it out with the Dexterity Programmer's Guide. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http:/...

need help making chart
I have a data table which im trying to produce a some charts from but cant seem to get it right. bit hard to explain without seeing the table so I have provided the dummy workbook im working on at www.darkcity.nildram.co.uk/test.xls in this example ive got the big data table, and the type of chart im trying to produce form it us just below. the problem is ive had to manually create another smaller table under the big one in order to get the chart to look anything like what its meant to. i really need to have 3 charts produced based on whats in the big table if possible, I need charts by we...

Open Workbook
Looking to write some code that will open a workbook/worksheet and then take a range and use it as a table for a vlookup query ... HAve entered the following Dim OFFICE As Workbook Dim Result As String Dim PERSONNELRange As Range Workbooks.Open ("c:\OFFICE.xls") Worksheets("Personnel").Select PERSONNELRange = Worksheets("Personnel").Range("C2", "D1000").Select Result = Application.WorksheetFunction.VLookup(RegNo, PERSONNELRange, 2, False) msg = MsgBox(Result, vbOKOnly) Not working at all ... can anyone assist with a step for a hint pleas...

How do you turn off pivot table auto format in Excel?
I want to know how to return to the original/default pivot table format after I have already applied an auto format report style. In the list of AutoFormats, select PivotTable Classic, which is at the bottom of the AutoFormat list. srudd wrote: > I want to know how to return to the original/default pivot table format after > I have already applied an auto format report style. -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html I have tried this and it does not get me back to the original format. I want to return to the format with the da...

COUNTIF with text fields
I have two list, A & B. B is a fixed list with the acceptable entries for list A. List A items must be found in list B and there can be no duplicates in list A. Both lists are format as text and include entries such as "7", "07" which should be recognized as not equal. COUNTIF returns a count of "2" for these values. Desired Invalid entries in A return "0" One valid entry returns a "1" Two equal entries in List A return "2" Three equal entries in List A return "3" etc. Jim /* WebApp Hosting http://www.advancedde...

Re-post Didn't appear first time
Hi hope you can help! I have a number of copies/versions of the same spreadsheet (layout) which I now have to do a column content count on ie =countif(A1:A100,"A") but I only need to count this if another total in the same column is greater than 0 zero I can do this with an IF statement, but of course when I copy the formula into the other workbooks the original sheet reference remains. I thought I might be able to use INDIRECT() but can't see if this can be tied to an IF() As always any help or other suggestions would be welcome. Regards DonH donh, CountIF is looking i...

how to get the ContactID from ContactBase to another table
Hi everybody!! i�ve made a new Button called "Anh�nge" in the CRM Contact Manager. If you press this Button, a HTML Site opens and you can search for files per INPUT TYPE="file". The problem is, that i want to save the path of this file in relation to the right ContactID from ContactBase. I�ve made also a new table called "ContactAttachments" with three Columns: ContactID, ID, path. My problem is: How can i get the ContactID from the current/opened Contact and how can i save this to my new table? Could anybody help me please? Greatings Daniel P.S.: Sorry for ...

Is there a trick to making tooltips work in a modal dialog?
Is there a trick to making tooltips work in a modal dialog? It's just a property you set. >-----Original Message----- >Is there a trick to making tooltips work in a modal dialog? > > > > >. > Nothing special. Take a look at example Supertip: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3ben-us%3b188317 You should also check out codeguru and codeproject for samples. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Mostly" <Mostly@Work.com> wrote in message news:be5ibd$9gr$1@ctb-nnrp2.saix.net... > Is there a trick to making tooltip...

Including field names in RTF Report filename
How do I include field names in the filename of a report that gets output to an RTF file? Have a confirmation report that's sent as RTF via email attachment and want the individual's first/last name to automatically be included in the report's file name. Base report is named Confirmation Email, when I use a button/OnOpen event to do: Dim stDocName As String stDocName = Me![lastname] & "Confirmation Email" DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acPreview, , "[id]=" & [id] It gets the last name (i.e., Smith Confirmation Email) in the filename, but I get ...

MailBox Status in ESM
We can output a text file of the MailBox status at MailBox under Server in the ESM, but...can anybody tell where can I find the data without clicking the outputfile choice. Because I need to get the status of everyone's MailBox periodically. Thanks Benjamin ...

Make Reporting Easier to customize
In future updates it would make life much easier if all the tools you needed to customize reports came with the CRM software. I am trying to do customization of reports and so far have had to buy a license for VB.net and the reporting still is not up and running yet. Even if you included a stripped down version of the business intelligence reports within CRM it would make a world of difference. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in th...

Bar Code Scanner Opos
We typically just plug in our barcode scanners via USB and let windows automatically install. It's easy and works. Is there any reason that I should actually be using the scanners in a serial mode with OPOS drivers installed? I just don't see the need or the benefit, but maybe I am missing something. Thanks .. S ...

Button to delete all records of a table
Hello, Can anyone help me how can we make it just to pressed the button, then all records in a table will be deleted/ purge out. Background: I want to distrtibute copy of my church database to all pastors of our church. In my membership database, there is a child table of Notes...in which a church clerck can put a note for the member. Before I give the copy of the database to pastors, I want to purge out all the content of the table of Notes, so that later I can collect it from them and inport their notes table to be combined with the central database which is the one a sc...

Ungroup a pivot table in XL 2000
I have a pivot table with dates grouped by month. In XL2002, if I want to ungroup them, I can use the PivotTable toolbar. I also have to do this in XL2000, but I don't see the same tool bar. How do you ungroup a pivot table in XL2000? -- Thanks, Fred Please reply to newsgroup, not e-mail You can right-click on the field button in the pivot table, and choose 'Group and Outline'. OR, select the cell that contains the field button On the Standard toolbar, choose Data>Group and Outline Fred Smith wrote: > I have a pivot table with dates grouped by month. > > In ...

PS7
I have a custom field in my Resource information. I want to see that field in a view in PWA Project Center - which would require it to be at Project level. Different resources will have a different values and so I will have to somehow summarize all of the custom fields. So, the question is: How do I get a custom Resource Field to show up in the Project Center View? Thanks. CQ -- No matter what you do, you cannot get a custom enterprise Resource field to show up in a Project Center view, as these views are available only to standard and custom enterprise Project fields. The...

Need a report to print fields in Excel in a certain order
I've got a client that needs the data we collect to show up in a certain order in an excel speadsheet. Instead of my having to rewrite and reorganized the form that the data is collected I'd like to know if there's a way for me to export the data in the order they want to see it. Can this be done using the report tab from access? and if it can how do I go about to do it? Just to let you know I'm not that experienced in programming and stuff so I'll need step by step directions. Thanks for your help in advance. Ace MJ Waldor -- Your One Stop Public Reco...

Not Displaying All within Page view of Pivot Tables
Is there a way to not display All items within a page view of a pivot table? I have a business case where I dont want my users to have the ability to display the summation of all items within a dimension, I only want them to be able to click on one of the items below (Smokeless or Smoking): For Example: All Smokeless Tobacco Smoking Tobacco I have been playing around with this for a while and cant come up with anything. If anyone knows if this is possible, can you please pass some info along. Thanks, Jason It's not foolproof, but you could disable the page selection, and ad...

why do my new messages not appear in my inbox?
I see the "send/receive" downloading my messages but they do not always appear in my inbox. I have checked the receive all option. I can't figure it out. Help. where are they going? do you have a spam filter enabled or are you using rules? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips ma...

XMLReader vs Multi tables
Hi, Does XMLReader supports multi tables returned from a SQL Server Stored Procedure? Ex: Begin Select 1 .. FOR XML AUTO Select 2... FOR XML AUTO Select 3... FOR XML AUTO End Thanks for your help, -- Sylvain Audet - MCP+SB Visitez les astuces .NET sur dotNET-fr.org http://www.dotnet-fr.org/sections.php3?op=listarticles&secid=6 Thanks for your reply David, How can I retrieve a particular table then? Right now, I am able to retrieve the XML stream but I am only able to navigate one record (node) at a time just like if it was ONE table alone, and it seems to me ...

making shortcut key for a word extension toolbar button
Hi: I installed an extension for MS Word 2003. It has a special task buttons that I use all the time but have no default shortcut keys assign to them so it doesn't show in customize keyboard>categories. Is there any easy way that I can assign a shortcut key to its buttons? Please help me. Thanks Hoolines -- Hoolines ...