Login with pwd & Open the main form depends on pwd

We have three groups of user that will use our database.  Administrator (my
boss & me), PowerUser (Manager / Supervisor) & NormalUser (clerk)

Now, my front-end .accde will open my designed form – (main menu1) without
any control.

What we are planning are :

1.	Users should have input their password (user can change by themselves)
before they can login into the main menu.
2.	Different class of user can open their own menu only (eg. Poweruser will
open Frm_MainMenu1 & NormalUser will open Frm_MainMenu2 …) that depend on
what password they input

Could you give me some hints for doing this

Thx!

--
aw

On Thu, 3 Jun 2010 18:53:04 -0700, aw <aw@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

If you're on a Domain, this article of mine may help:
http://www.accesssecurityblog.com/post/Securing-Access-databases-using-Active-Directory.aspx

You could indeed open a role-specific menu form, but I would rather
use a single form and suppress some menu items that are not
appropriate. This cuts back on alpha testing and beta testing time.

-Tom.
Microsoft Access MVP

>We have three groups of user that will use our database.  Administrator (my
>boss & me), PowerUser (Manager / Supervisor) & NormalUser (clerk)
>
>Now, my front-end .accde will open my designed form � (main menu1) without
>any control.
>

>What we are planning are :
>
>1.	Users should have input their password (user can change by themselves)
>before they can login into the main menu.
>2.	Different class of user can open their own menu only (eg. Poweruser will
>open Frm_MainMenu1 & NormalUser will open Frm_MainMenu2 �) that depend on
>what password they input
>
>Could you give me some hints for doing this
>
>Thx!
0
Tom

Slow opening database
How can I shorten the time it takes to open a large database? -- seb ...

Migrated from NT to 98 now can't open files
I have a system that was migrated from Windows NT to Windows 98. While backing up outlook the user applied a password and now the user can't access his outlook. I know this has to do with the differance in file systems but am not sure how to remedy the situation. I have several password crackers, but the problem isn't knowing the password, but Windows allowing the use of it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!! ...

REQUIRED FIELDS ON A FORM
Greetings, I've checked the properties of all the fields/text boxes/labels etc on the form to identify any field that is a required value. I fill in all required fields and some that are not required and when I send the message a window pops up telling me there is a required field. Is there some way to 'list' fields and properties or just those that have a required value before sending. Thnaks, Yuda No. If you want Outlook to give you more specific information, then use a validation formula and a validation text message for each field you want to validate. FYI, there ...

linking queries to unbound lookup on a form
I have a query that looks at two boxes on a form one is linked directly to a table the second is a lookup which brings back detail form anther table. The first box is working but the query is failing to pickup the unlinked list box. (Access 2003) SELECT tblScale.[Band], tblScale.Site, tblScale.Start FROM tblScale WHERE (((tblScale.[Band])=[Forms]![frmMain]![Min Grade]) AND ((tblScale.Site)=[Forms]![frmMain]![List80])); Here is SQL of the query and all fields are correctly named. On the After Update event of each combo (the 2 combo's) you need to refresh the data in the third co...

OWA Login #8
I am having a problem with the OWA login. I have it all set up with a slash "\" in the domain field. I can log in with the username and password under Firefox with no problems. But, when I try to use IE, it continues to ask for login information. The username and password is not working. What do I have set wrong? Thanks for any help you can offer me. Jeff Jeff Grossman <jeff.nospam@stikman.com> wrote: >I am having a problem with the OWA login. I have it all set up with a >slash "\" in the domain field. I can log in with the username and >password u...

cant open '99 file in '04
I can't get my file from money '99 to open in Money '04. I get the message: "Money can not locate c:\( . . . )\my documents\ my moneyor can not open it, possibly because it is read only, or you have no permission to change it, or drive is write protected." Its not read only. I've reloaded '99 and open it. Any ideas out there? thanks Maybe this FAQ, soon to be up on the web, will help: --- Q): I thought Money files were supposed to be upward compatible. How come Money[new] crashes when upgrading my Money[old] data file? [Relevant to Money2003 (v.11) an...

Can't open file
I loaded MS Powerpoint (I was one of the unlucky ones who purchased the XP Office version that did not include it), and two of my files will no longer open in Publisher. They are based on an inventory template. Other existing ..pub files I had created do open, but these two do not. The templates display, then an error message pops up saying "Microsoft has encountered an error and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience". The program then shuts down. The error report contents are long. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program, but to no avail. Any ideas...

Exchange 2003 Domain Seperate from User Login Domain
DomainA = Windows 2000, one domain & DC. Users log into this one DomainB = Windows Server 2003, one domain & DC. Outlook is pointed to this one for mail *This is was setup this way to keep things seperate and to not modify the existing Windows 2000 domain Of course the users have to always type in their password to load up Outlook, because the Exchange domain is different from the domain that they log into Windows with. Besides this annoyance, any other problems that I could run into Thank you ....D Yes, if you have a password expiry policy on your 2003 domain the users may not b...

DG Open slow to open other directories
Hi to ALL, I recently built a new machine with Win XP and Office XP. Initially, Excel was fast (It was almost instantaneous) to open other directories in the OPEN dialog box. Now, a month & a half later, it's a dog. Has anybody else seen this & maybe know what to do about it? Further in my observations, Windows Explorer seems to be still quite responsive. NOTE: I use Scandisk, Defrag & and current LiveUpdate Symantec/Norton's Disk Optimizer regularly with no effect on this issue. I only see the problem in Office products (Just checked Word & Notepad - ...

Opening Excel
Whenever I open my Excel, two books are opened, book1 and book2. I have checked the XLSTART area and the subdirectory is empty. Why do both books open? Any way of making only one book open? So it looks like Book1.xls:1 and Book1.xls:2 right? This is done because you selected Windows/New Window from the menu. Just close book1.xls:2 by clicking the X in the upper-right corner and save. It's not that you have two books open, it that you have the same book showing in two windows, which is quite handy for looking at two sheets in one book at the same time. >-----Original M...

Excel 97 says "file already open"
When files that are not open are opened I get an error message saying they are already open and that one should be renamed. Any idea on the cause or cure? 1)Try emptying temp folders 2) Search for tempory file. Suppose your file is called Sales, look in current folder for ~Sales. Such files result when Excel closes incorrectly. Bernard "Cal Walters" <calvin_walters@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:0d2401c3886e$b4abe490$a401280a@phx.gbl... > When files that are not open are opened I get an error > message saying they are already open and that one should > be rena...

Is user login ?
How can I check from service if user is logged to system? ...

MS Money freezes at login
Hi, I've been using MS Money for about 4 years now and I have been using MS Money 2007 for over a year now but suddenly it is freezing every time I try to logon. It takes up about 97-100% of cpu which forces me to close it using task manager. I don't know why it is suddenly acting like this. I have tried reinstalling it with no luck. I normally synchronize my money files with my pocket pc using sbf finance pocket version (since money no longer offers pocket pc synchronization). Recently my pocket pc crashed so I had to reinstall all of its programs and it seems like that is whe...

Workbook open code to do 2 things
Hi, I originally had the following in ThisWorkbook Private Sub Workbook_Open() Dim sht As Worksheet Const TopLeft As String = "a2" Application.ScreenUpdating = False For Each sht In Worksheets Application.Goto sht.Range(TopLeft), Scroll:=True sht.Protect Password:="*gwb", _ UserInterFaceOnly:=True Next sht Application.ScreenUpdating = True Sheets("Sheet1").Select Now I'm trying to make users enable macros by hiding sheets. Sheets("Sheet1").Visible = True Sheets("Warning").Visible = xlVe...

Opening XML
Can someone please tell me why, if I open an XML file in Excel 2007 and then try to save it as an Excel file, without doing anything else, rather than using the first part of the XML filename & changing the extension, Excel insists on trying to save it as Book2.xls? Is there a way to stop this and make it do the sensible thing? Thanks, Michael ...

start last-open document
Hi, how is it possible to start the programm / sdi-application with the last-open document (with all its configurations e.g. which checkbox is checked and which is not) ? best regards Bernd >how is it possible to start the programm / sdi-application with the >last-open document (with all its configurations e.g. which checkbox is >checked and which is not) ? You inevitably have to save all that information and make use of it on startup. I've not used it myself, but maybe the restart manager support in the latest version of MFC (VS2010) may be of interest to y...

Open an excel file but it does not display
I maen you can not see it. This is only happening with one file. I do not get any error message. It opens excel (or if I do from excel it "appears to be opening" ) - it has a password and YES I am sure I know it and excel accepts it. Excel ask if I want read-only and it does not matter whether I say yes or no. In excel the file is listed under the File menu, but not under the Window menu. When I close excel it asks if I want to save changes for this file, which I have done nothing to! Can you do window|Unhide? (Maybe it opens hidden??) If that doesn't work, you can do...

Opening a Report
Hello, I'm new to Access and have a very basic question. I want to open a report when a user clicks a button on a form. Now since I can open a form through a button click by pasting: =OpenForms("FormName") in the "On Click" setting in the properties menu, I would assuming using: =OpenReport("ReportName") would be the trick. But it's not. Many of the examples on the net I have found use lines such as: docmd.OpenReport "rpt_name", acViewPreview, "", But when I try this I just get an error saying that the marco docmd can't be found. ...

Finding and Deleting attachment via VBA when attachment (*.xls) is opened
Hi everybody! Dave suggested I post my request here. The post is also at: http://www.ozgrid.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23831&goto=newpost Some time ago, during last year, I had a post like this. It was partially answered, but I then stopped it because, mainly, it bordered on creating a virus, someone thought. I am, however, seriously considering distributing workbooks via the e-mail system and want to 1) prevent clientA from forwarding it to non-paying clientB (I may make use of ReadNotify.com's feature that prevents this (From what I read!)). 2) I also want to prevent clientA f...

problem with form protection
I am using MS Word 2000. I have several documents that were created with an older version of word that have been saved and transferred to this computer. When I try to edit them they are protected. However, when I click the padlock on the toolbar to turn the protection off all of the information filled out in the form goes blank!Help! How do I edit the form without having to fill the entire thing out again?!? You will need to use a macro to re-apply the protection ActiveDocument.Protect wdAllowOnlyFormFields, NoReset -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please re...

How to Login
Hi To All, My application is jest create login id and password and store it in a file and using that id and password jest i have to login.For that I created one login dialog box before login iam creating a account means id and password which is storing in a file.It is running and storing in a file which i given as id and password. My problem is when iam using that id and pwd to enter it is taking as string and showing invalid. ...

close excel; leave access open
Here is the end part of my code (lots of other stuff done first) where I want to open a database in Access (so that the user can take further action) and then close out excel: Set mdapp = CreateObject("access.application") With mdapp ..Visible = True ..OpenCurrentDatabase ("S:\Financial Analysis\Labor Report.mdb") End With Windows("labor report.xls").Activate ActiveWorkbook.Save ActiveWorkbook.Close Excel.Application.Quit However, this closes out the MS Application as well as the Excel Application. Note: This only started happening when I switc...

Is there an Update on the Login Issue???
Haven't seen an update in many hours. Any news??? I need to run my financial life!!! >-----Original Message----- >Haven't seen an update in many hours. Any news??? I >need to run my financial life!!! >. >Me either. I can't believe it. I'v ben using Money for more than five years and never happen to me anything like this ...

How to add Image in to the Case Form
I want to add my logo into our case form. Best Regards Hi, Just add an iframe to the form and insert your image. ian. ...

Outlook 2003 indicates unread items at Win XP login
Underneath the Windows XP login icon is a meassage that indicates that I have 10 unread messages. After loggin in and going to Outlook 2003 - i do not see any unread messages.... This is an ugrade from Office XP to 2003. Any ides of how to correct this reporting error? ...