Locking buttons

Hi everyone, this may or may not be possible but I'll ask the question anyway.
..

I have a form with two butttons; each opening a different report.  'Report 1'
button and 'Report 2' button.

I also have another form that displays a drop down list where half of the
list relates to 'Report 1' and the other half to 'Report 2'.  Is it possible
to make one button inactive if the criteria in the drop down  list have not
been selected in the other form?

Thanks for any input you may be able to give me,

Sam

SamMexico

SamMexico via AccessMonster.com wrote:
>I have a form with two butttons; each opening a different report.  'Report 1'
>button and 'Report 2' button.
>
>I also have another form that displays a drop down list where half of the
>list relates to 'Report 1' and the other half to 'Report 2'.  Is it possible
>to make one button inactive if the criteria in the drop down  list have not
>been selected in the other form?

It probably is possible.

The details depend on which form is open when the button or
combo box is used and, assuming the combo box selection is
made before a button is used, how the items in the combo box
are identified as related to report1 or report2.

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

SamMexico wrote:
>Hi everyone, this may or may not be possible but I'll ask the question anyway.
>..
>
>I have a form with two butttons; each opening a different report.  'Report 1'
>button and 'Report 2' button.
>
>I also have another form that displays a drop down list where half of the
>list relates to 'Report 1' and the other half to 'Report 2'.  Is it possible
>to make one button inactive if the criteria in the drop down  list have not
>been selected in the other form?
>
>Thanks for any input you may be able to give me,
>
>Sam

nrgins

Transferred Contacts But Not Available When Click To Button In New
I have recently changed from a Vista Ultimate to a Win 7 Ultimate desktop and moved my contacts over to Outlook on the new machine. When I go in to the Contacts folder I can see all my contacts but when I click the To button on a new email message they don't appear. I transferred the contacts from Outlook 2007 SP2 + latest updates on the Vista Ultimate machine to Outlook 2007 SP2 + latest updates on the Win 7 Ultimate computer. The other thing that might be relevant is that I don't have any contacts in the main Contacts folder, they are all in sub-folders. When I...

HTML buttons in Outlook 2007 do not display, but they did in 2003
I just upgraded to Outlook 2007. I get emails daily in HTML format with buttons for certain actions. The HTML code (view source) is: <input type='submit' name='selected' value='View selected resumes'> In 2003, the buttons would show up in the viewing panel, and I could click it. In 2007, I just get the text "View selected resumes", but without the button. Can someone tell me how to enable this? outlook 2007 uses word's html rendering and its locked down because of security concerns. you can open the message, click on the other options b...

locking up
This might be more of a GDI question, but since I'm in MFC, I'll ask: Would BitBlt-ing to the screen repeatedly tend to lock up a program, after alt+tabbing to another application? If so, why? This seems to be happening to me, and I want to get to the bottom of the problem. What I have is either a fade loop or a screen-size redraw, both based on a timer and bitblt. Quite often, after I leave the program to go to another app, I cannot return and must "end task". "Steve Russell" <srussell@removethisinnernet.net> wrote in message news:%23YFL5Ks%23F...

Does anyone know where the brochure button is in excell
I can't find the brochure button, I am assured it exsists... please help what is the brochure button? >-----Original Message----- >I can't find the brochure button, I am assured it exsists... please help >. > Hi linzig, Not familiar with a brochure button, do you mean the "print" button that I always use File, Print instead, or "print preview". Did the button come with Excel, did you lose track of an entire toolbar or just one button. Or perhaps a button from some addin, such as Adobe Acrobat, or other software that can produce a PDF file. ...

Desktop Alert Locks Computer
Greetings, I am seeing a little quirk on some of my desktops. It only happens occasionally, but it happens to different models of PC. Not all the time, but once in awhile, I have users that complain of their PC freezing. The only remedy is to do a hard reboot. I have noticed in these instances, that the desktop mail alert ( the preview that pops up by the system clock when you get a new mail) is showing when it froze. If I go into Outlook and turn off the desktop alert, then the PC freezing stops. So, I know that the Desktop Alert is the cause of the problem. Has anyone else ever seen this? Th...

creating custom buttons
hi there I am trying to create a custom button which acts like scanning in item. I would like to use the custom button add set items to transaction. -- Cheers Topi You can use the following: Style: Internal Command Command: PerformAddItem 0, ILC, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0 The format of the command has to be exactly as above, all you have to do is substitute the ILC for whatever ItemLookupCode and the 1 for the Quantity. The other values are as follows. 1st value = ItemID 2nd value = ILC 3rd value = Quantity to add 4th value = Override Price 0 = False, 1 = True 5th value = Price 6th value = Overri...

Lock formula to cell
I want a formula to lock to a cell so that when I add or delete a column the formula will always remain with say column H I know if the sheet is Password protected this will prevent this happening but that is no use when I have to unprotect the sheet to delete a column. Anyone got thoughts on this? regards Pat Hi Pat without using VBA you can't achieve this Frank Pat wrote: > I want a formula to lock to a cell so that when I add or delete a > column the formula will always remain with say column H > > I know if the sheet is Password protected this will prevent this >...

locked excel File ??
Hi . I am working with my colleges with one Excel file in a shared file system. Sometime - when I open the file, there is the message "locked from College" - but he is definetly out of office and shut down his PC. We are using Excel 2003 + Excel 2007. What can I do?? THnks for help Susan ...

Locked out of database
Not sure what happened but get a message saying "database has been converted from a prior version of Access by using DAO compactdatabase and is now in a partially converted state." It says I should be able to import tables into a new data base but when I try this it just gives the same message about converting and the data base just doesn't open. Please help because lots at stake, have to do a report based on these tables so am waiting with anticipation!!!x Hi Pete, Usually this means you are opening an earlier version of Access in a new version. Make a copy of the data...

Outllook2007 to open my Outlook2002 Win7 says files locked.
I'm following 2002 to 2007 instructions step by step. When I point Outlook to my ..pst file, I get access restriction messages. How do I make sure these files can be accessed by Outlook 2007? Thanks. Which exact steps are these? From your Outlook 2002 machine, copy the pst-file to your Outlook 2007 machine and place it in a convenient location such as My Documents\Outlook\ In Outlook 2007 you can then reconnect to the pst-file via; File-> Open-> Outlook Data File... For details see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm -- Robert Sparnaai...

Lock autoshape to fixed position
Hello, Does anybody know if it is possible to keep an autoshape to a fixed position. I have a worksheet that has two panes, one is frozen i.e. a fixed header and scrollable rows. On the bottom of the page I want to put a button bar made of shape buttons. The problem is that when I scroll, the buttons scroll too! It would be nices if I can keep them in position. I know that is is possible to add a second window, but that does not look so well... Any ideas? Multiple fixed panes would be a great option! Change the alignment option to be absolute. Picture properties > Layout tab > Advan...

Money "lock-out" solution-thanks Kurt
Kurt Thanks for the idea. It worked. I unistalled money 2002 and the reinstalled using custom mode...up and running again! Thank -you What happens to all your data when you do that? Do you still have your data? I tried reinstalling, but no luck. I hate to uninstall, since I would lose all the data, right? Would appreciate info. Thanks, Alice >-----Original Message----- >Kurt > >Thanks for the idea. It worked. I unistalled money 2002 >and the reinstalled using custom mode...up and running >again! Thank -you >. > Your data is in a file *.mny. This is ind...

Form locking up
I've completed my own Linked Table Manager wizard, so that the connections I create to SQL Server and Oracle database on my network don't require a DSN (DSN-less connections). This wizard exists in its own mda file, which I have added as a reference in several of my databases. In my test database, this wizard runs great. I've got a command button that calls a function (fnRefreshLinks) that exists in the wizard. It opens a form, refreshes a list of the linked tables, tests the link, and provides me with some options. When I run this same function from another database, it...

Delete Record Button with Confirmation Message
I finally got the message box to pop up but the same time the message box pops up, the record is deleted without confirmation of yes or no. I know I am missing something in my code and this forum helped me to get this far from viewing other posts but not sure what I am missing. Here is my code: (Deleting a record in a subform) Private Sub Testdelete_Click() Dim frm As Form Dim Response As String Set frm = Me.[Scheduling Visits Subform].Form If Not frm.NewRecord Then With frm.RecordsetClone .Bookmark = frm.Bookmark .Delete Response = ...

Remove button tray in Navigation Pane
In Outlook 2003, I would like to display only the folder list on the left side of the screen where the Navigation Pane is. I played around with the Navigatin Pane to keep just the Folder List, and I could remove everything except the the empty button tray at the bottom of the pane. The button tray is still wasting some of my valuable screen space. How can I remove it so that I can display my Folder List, which is quite tall, fully in the Navigation Pane? Thanks in advance. You can't. You can only drag it fown. For more info on creating a "classic view" in Outlook 2003 you might ...

Where am I being locked out?!
This is an unusual problem and I'm hoping someone will have come across something similar before. Before I start I should state that I've hardly used Windows Server or Active Directory, so go easy on me if this is something obvious! I am having my account locked out on a daily basis. I know that this isn't to do with my machine as it happens even if I get my account unlocked and wait a day without turning my machine on I still can't log on the day after. I'm pretty sure it's a piece of software that I've installed somewhere that keeps trying to con...

Why not use this as a lock object in lock
Hello! According to the docs it says that lock (this) is a problem if the instance can be accessed publicly. Can somebody explain what can happen if I have a lock section and use this as the lock object like this. lock(this) { } //Tony On 2010-06-20 17:09, Tony Johansson wrote: > According to the docs it says that lock (this) is a problem if the instance > can be accessed publicly. > Can somebody explain what can happen if I have a lock section and use this > as the lock object like this. > lock(this) > { > > } > http://haacked.com/ar...

"Computer Locked" dialog does not show up
I have windows XP Pro (version 2002) SP3. When I lock my computer, I do not see the "Computer Locked . . . " dialog. Instead, I only see the "Unlock Computer" dialog immediately upon locking. I am concerned about not pressing Ctrl+Atl+Del before entering my password to unlock. Is there a setting that I can change (I have extensive knowledge of windows registry and system tools, but I have not been able to find an option to "Show only unlock screen". ...

locks and more locks
Hello. This is about a SQL Server 2005 back end and Access 2007 front end. There is a front end on each user's machine. This has to do with the locking (or blocking as some call it) issue. Connections from the front end remain open once the user opens the front end until the front end closes, if the user closes the front end at all and not everyone closes the front end when done. There can be approximately 100 (+/-) people using the front end during the day. Some may actually be transmitting data (transactions) and some may not. But my thought is if the connection is a...

Keyboard locked
Hello all My keyboard seems to be locked and I can't type anthing. I have a Dell Inspiron 1501(three yrs old). I pressed the fn key with the number lock key and that didn't work. Can someone please help. Thx Dolores Try replacing the keyboard and/or rebooting your computer. "dolores01" <u59578@uwe> wrote in message news:a6fd3466ee816@uwe... > Hello all > My keyboard seems to be locked and I can't type anthing. I have a Dell > Inspiron 1501(three yrs old). I pressed the fn key with the number lock > key > and that didn't work. Can...

How to edit the size and make it bold of the Option Button text?
I can't find any option to set the size and protertises of the Option Button text. Any one can help me? Thanks very much! Cammie, If you embed a Option button from the Control Toolbox (as opposed to forms), you can go to the properties, Font and edit the size there. If you embed an Option button from the Forms toolbar, I believe you have to modify the Font size programatically. http://HelpExcel.com "Cammie" wrote: > I can't find any option to set the size and protertises of the Option Button > text. Any one can help me? Thanks very much! ...

Determine which mail is locking queue
Came in to work yesterday and exchange was not delivering mail... bummer. I determined the queue was all backed up. Message tracking showed (*from memory) that the messages were being submitted to the advanced queue but would continue no further. I the reboot the server, stop the smtp server when it's back up move and then move all messages in the queue folder to a new folder and start the smtp server. All is well. I stop smtp server, place some of the messages I moved back into the queue folder and start the server again. So on and so forth until messages stop being delivered aga...

Creating navigation buttons on a worksheet
Hi I'm trying to link togethor different pages on excel so i can navigate to them from each page. Also does anyone know how to create a drop down menu in excel? Many Thanks in advance Ryan Maybe by using a hyperlink: Insert|hyperlink or using the =hyperlink() worksheet function: David McRitchie posted this and it might help you: =HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",C5),C5) =HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",sheetone!C5),sheetone!C5) =HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",'sheet two'!C5),'sheet two'!C5) ryan_...

Submit button to email for request form to be approved/denied
Hello everyone, I sent a message earlier about the submit button in access. What I have designed is a form that a user can go into and enter information then once they hit the submit button it will go to the specified email address but I don't particularly know how to code it. The way it is designed I think I would have to have different forms so that the user can submit it then it will go to another form. The approving parties will approve or deny the request then submit the information back, then that email will shoot back to the user who requested approval. Can anyone help me on...