label formating

I have a system with multiple labels.  When a new front end is pushed out
they all have to be reformated to the systems printer.  I was thinking of
creating a seperate access file to store just the labels (most updates don't
require label changes).  How can I print a report from a different database?

That would be great.  How do you format the label using VBA?

"Dorian" wrote:

> Why not keep the label formats in a table in the back-end to which each
> front-end links.
> -- Dorian
> "Give someone a fish and they eat for a day; teach someone to fish and they
> eat for a lifetime".
>

> "Justin" wrote:
>
> > I have a system with multiple labels.  When a new front end is pushed out
> > they all have to be reformated to the systems printer.  I was thinking of
> > creating a seperate access file to store just the labels (most updates don't
> > require label changes).  How can I print a report from a different database?
There are many differnet printers.  Some are set-up for a single size.  The
system would need to know what printer prints what label, what size the label
is and any specifics about that specific printer that needs to be set.

"Justin" wrote:

> I have a system with multiple labels.  When a new front end is pushed out
> they all have to be reformated to the systems printer.  I was thinking of
> creating a seperate access file to store just the labels (most updates don't
> require label changes).  How can I print a report from a different database?

making labels #2
Is it possible to make labels from excel, or to transfer information from excel to word and then make labels? See http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP052037601033.aspx In article <124ECBC4-C3AF-47E6-A5BE-AC5B7F8E4894@microsoft.com>, "Jessica" <Jessica@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is it possible to make labels from excel, or to transfer information from > excel to word and then make labels? hi, yes. do a mail merge form word. open word Tools>mail merge> follow mail merge helper. Regards Frank >-----Original Message----- >Is i...

Moving tool/format bar on Mac word
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Hi, folks. I had a little Mac in the '90s and loved it, then went to PC for a while, and now I just got a new iMac. While some things are great, there are certain things on the current Word 08 that seem a step backward - or maybe I just don't know how to do them right. I would love your help on two things. I'm a novelist and I do a lot of typing. 1. When I'm working in word and I want to bold something, cut and paste, or anything else, I have to drag my mouse all the way across the screen to the left hand corner...I real...

Conditional formatting #12
Hi folks, I have some text in columns A and B that I want to go red if column D contains a y. Under conditional formatting I set a formula =d8="y" This isn't working and suggestions would be welcome! Thanks, Danny If cell A8 is the active cell, use the formula: =$D8="y" Aardvark wrote: > I have some text in columns A and B that I want to go red if column D > contains a y. Under conditional formatting I set a formula =d8="y" This > isn't working and suggestions would be welcome! -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List...

Formatting Question #3
I need some help with the following: �Excel Version 2002� I hav inserted a Calendar Control into my spread sheet and linked it to cell. My problem is that I want the date selected within the calenda to return a date formatted as Monday, October 31, 2004. The linked cel is formatted correctly, however when selecting dates within th calendar, it will only return dates formatted as 10-31-2004. Thanks i advance for any help with this matter -- Db171 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Db1712's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&...

Number Format Changes During VBA Copy/Paste
I have an Excel workbook with VBA code that copies a series of numeric values from sheet 2 and pastes them into corresponding cells in sheet 1. In one case, the value in sheet 2 is 0.0170, but when pasted into sheet 1 it displays as 0.0200. Both cell formats appear to be identical, there's no rounding going on in the VBA, so can't for the life of me figure out why this is happening. Anyone have an idea? (Excel 2007 on Windows XP Pro) post your code... -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "LarryP" wrote: > I have an Excel workbook with VBA code that copi...

how do i print labels using excell information
how do i print labels using excell information If you have Word, do a mail merge and use the excel file as the data source. You may want to read some tips for mailmerge. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge The first is from David McRitchie and the second is by Beth Melton and Dave Rado. ricoh danielson wrote: > > how do i print labels using excell information -- Dave Peterson ...

X-Axis labels #2
I am having trouble using the x-axis labels that I have chosen in my worksheet. I have chosen a row with the dates spelled out, however, when I choose this row it gives me numbers in increments of two. How do I get the information to show up as January, February, etc.? Thanks. Robert Hi Robert, Double click the axis and on the scale tab of the format dialog set the number of ticklabels between categorys to 1. You may then need to adjust the fontsize to clearly read the text. Cheers Andy Robert wrote: > I am having trouble using the x-axis labels that I have > chosen in my ...

QuickSell 2000 Error 3343: Unrecognized Database Format
Does anyone have any information on this error message from QuickSell 2000? We are currently running version 3.01g I believe and everything has been running fine. Out of the blue, one register did a transaction and didn't print the receipt and the transaction doesn't show up in the journal. The cashier than got this error message... Error 3343: Unrecognized Database Format and lists the location of the database. We only run two registers off the database shared from a server. We rebooted the machine and get the same message. Another machine which is used to do the work i...

Combine rows to print on one label
I have imported student information into an excel spreadsheet (use Excel 2003). Each student has one row of information for each course they take. I need to print one label for each student and each course & grade must print on a single label. How do I combine the rows to cause this to happen? assuming the info in the row is divided into separate columns for name, course, grade, etc you can do a mail merge in word using the spreadsheet as the data source "Clearcreek" wrote: > I have imported student information into an excel spreadsheet (use Excel > 2...

Special Characters on Labels
What are some ways to insert special characters (card suit symbols, cent sign, arrows, etc.) on form labels? -- Bill @ UAMS Try formating the label with the Wingdings font (or other similar symbol font) and entering the appropriate character. See Character Map in Windows for keys. Nick "BillCPA" <Bill @ UAMS> wrote in message news:0D137128-83B0-4C8A-A025-878622F8772C@microsoft.com... > What are some ways to insert special characters (card suit symbols, cent > sign, arrows, etc.) on form labels? > > -- > Bill @ UAMS Hi Bill, More specifically, I think...

Can I disply Euro and Dollar Formats in the same spreadsheet
I have a price list spreadsheet that shows euro and dollar pricing. In the euro price cells, I want to disply euro format (€ 1,25). In the dollar price cells, I want to display dollar format ($1.25). Is this possible and if so, how? John Bomberger Wrote: > I have a price list spreadsheet that shows euro and dollar pricing. I > the > euro price cells, I want to disply euro format (€ 1,25). In th > dollar price > cells, I want to display dollar format ($1.25). Is this possible an > if so, > how? Hi John The cells where you want Euros, format as euros, Format >...

How do I change data labels on scatterplot
I create scatter plots using two values (salary, year of hire) that relate to particular employees. I want to label each point with the contents of a third cell (initials of the individual related to the point). I have figured out how to change the label one point at a time, but I'd like to simply relate the contents of a third column to the markers defined by two other columns. Help!! -- ahannigan The free Excel add-in "Chart Data Labels" will do that. It can also include the cell formatting in the data label and link the cell contents to the label. Download from ......

Labeling
When using the label templates in publisher, I want to make labels with a certain number on them. (I.E. i want the first label to have a 1 the second label to have a 2, etc.) When i look at the labels in print preview i see that the number that i entered is on every label. i just want that number on one label and different number on teh next and so forth. Is there a way I can make every label on a page number specific or do they all have to be the same when printing. thanks for the help Go here for help with numbering labels using a merge dialogue. http://www.publishermvps.com/gen...

Easy Question...Conditional formatting?
Hopefully this should be easy for all the experts... Cells G4 thru R4 contain the text, "Act" or "For" Cells G30 thru R30 are filled/shaded in red. Cells G31 thru R30 are filled/shaded in red. Cells G32 thru R32 are filled/shaded in red. etc. etc. etc. The cells which I have shader/filled in red....and with conditioning formatting (or something else) I'd like to somehow referance cells G4 thru R4 and if these cells contain "For" then leave the shaded as in. However if these cells (G4 thru R4) contain the word "Act" I'd like to remove the ...

Payroll Check format in Report Writer
Currently on version 9, use direct deposit. I have modified the Direct Deposit Employee Check Other-L Direct Deposit Employee Checks stub on top and bottom-L and my changes do not appear when I print, I have check the security settings. I have modified the Direct Deposit Statement of Earnings and those appear OK. When I look in payroll setup my default check is 'Other-Single Feed' Am I modifying the wrong report in Report writer for this check? thanks -- Doug What is the setting for printing the direct deposit advices? As separate statements or part of the checks? If doing ...

Printing column label on every page.
I have several column labels like date, hour, ect on one row on the top. I want to print this row label on every page. However I can't seem to do that because on the instruction option is grayed out. Here is the instruction. The last two instruction sentences are grayed and they give me no choice to do it. 1.. Click the worksheet. 2.. On the File menu, click Page Setup, and then click the Sheet tab. a.. 1.. Do one of the following: 2.. Print row and column headings 3.. a.. Select the Row and column headings check box, and click Print. 4.. Print row and column labels on ...

How do I format parenthesis around negative numbers.
Seems to me Office XP could do this...How to in Office 2003 ? Hi this setting depends on your language settings. If Excel does not offer this as default format you can just enter this format as custom format -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany TomFoolery wrote: > Seems to me Office XP could do this...How to in Office 2003 ? There's a windows setting you can change: The way I'd get to in Win98 is: Windows Start button|settings|control panel|Regional Settings Currency Tab|Negative Number Format TomFoolery wrote: > > Seems to me Office XP could do this...How to ...

Publisher save formats
How does one save a publisher file in a PDF format? I only have nearly useless options in the Publisher "save as" menu. THANKS!!!!!! Publisher does not support pdf. You have to have a pdf creator to convert the .pub file. Review this newsgroup for recommended pdf creators, it's a frequent topic. -- David Bartosik - MS MVP for Publisher help: www.davidbartosik.com enter to win Pub 2003: www.davidbartosik.com/giveaway.aspx "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:c79601c3eda4$a51322a0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How does one save a publish...

user email format
Hi, Where in Exchange Administrator (2003) can i set the format for all new user email addresses. They are currently created by default as username@domain.com. I would like to change it to user.name@domain.com default recipient policy excahnge system manager, domain, recipients, recipient polices, default polices right click properties. Thanks Aaron, this allows me to amend the domain section, but not the pretext where the username goes. any reason for this? "aaronw@firstmac.com.au" wrote: > default recipient policy > excahnge system manager, domain, recipients, rec...

Need help! Please....formatting?
I have a list of music that I have imported from I-tunes. The info includes the BPM's (beats per minute). The C Column which has the #'s representing the BPM's.....I would like format it in ascending order. Lowest BPM to the Highest. Can I do this and how? Any help would be appreciated. Chris Hi, Assuming you have one header row, select all cells (Ctrl + A), got Data --> Sort, select Column C (or data heading), ensure Ascending i selected, press Ok. HT -- firefyt ----------------------------------------------------------------------- firefytr's Profile: http:...

Default datetime format
Hi. I want to set gatdate() as a default to a column of datatype datetime in sql server 2000 but in format DD/MM/YYYY. I have used (RIGHT('0' + RTRIM(DAY(GETDATE())), 2) + '/' + RIGHT('0' + RTRIM(MONTH(GETDATE())), 2) + '/' + RTRIM(YEAR(GETDATE()))) but this is not working properly. Regards, Muhammad Bilal If the column has data type datetime, then there is no need to convert the date to char. You can use something like this: DATEADD(day,DATEDIFF(day,0,CURRENT_TIMESTAMP),0) -- Gert-Jan Muhammad Bilal wrote: > > Hi...

Chart Axis Labels are cutting short in 2002
The Axis labels in Excel 2002 are cutting of before the last letter. I can't size the square, its not an option, and if I change the font, the same thing happens. Only if I add an underscore in the titles will the last letter appear, but also will half the underscore. On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 06:33:38 -0700, Jason <castellanij@mbusa.com> wrote:= > The Axis labels in Excel 2002 are cutting of before the > last letter. I can't size the square, its not an option, > and if I change the font, the same thing happens. Only > if I add an underscore in the titles will the...

Date Formatting Converting to Decimal
Whenever I entered a date such as 4/15/2006 in a spreadsheet, Excel used to recognize it as a date and display it as a date. Something has happened to change that. Now when I enter 4/15/2006 in a spreadsheet, Excel enteres the formula in the formula bar as =4/17/2006 and converts that to a very small decimal by dividing 4 by 17 by 2006. If I apply a date format to the cell, it displays the date as 1/0/1900. How can I get back to the old way where Excel recognizes anything that closely resembles a date, and enters it as a date? I am using Excel 2003 Thanks, Bob Fasick Check if the ...

Add data labels without displaying data points?
I have a bar graph showing payer mixes for our 3 business units, 6 bars for each unit, with the data labels above each bar showing the percent of total. Across the bottom of graph I would like to add the prior year percentages for comparison, but I don't want to include that data in the graph - just display the percentage. I tried adding a text box with the information, but I'm not able to consistently get it to line up with the current data. I also tried adding individual text boxes linked to my data, but this was not ideal because of the difficulty in lining them up as well...

Row labels displayed as column labels
In Excel 2007, how can a pivot table with fields in Row Labels appear as Column Labels with associated data also in columns? Please let me know if this is possible, as I have seen a pivot table with this type of display. Thank you for your assistance. -- I Teach ...