Is it possible to count words in a memo field

Hi is it possible to count the number of times the words "Invoice Chased"
has been entered in a memo field?  If it is how do I go about it?

Thanks Bob

0
dbl

Where:

MField is the name of your memo filed
SField is the search string
SFieldCount is the number of occurances of the search string

SFieldCount = (Len([MField]) - Len(Replace([MField], SField, ""))) / Len
(SField)

You're replacing the search string with a zero length string, comaparing the
length of the memo field before and after the replacement(s) then dividing
the difference by the length of the search string

Answers/posts based on Access 2000

missinglinq
5/2/2007 11:41:02 AM
Sorted thanks, for the help and quick response.
Bob
"Ofer Cohen" <OferCohen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Try using dcount with a wild card (Like + *)
>
> DCount("*","[TableName]","[FieldName] Like '*Invoice Chased*'")
>
> --
> Good Luck
> BS"D
>

> "dbl" wrote:
>
>> Hi is it possible to count the number of times the words "Invoice Chased"
>> has been entered in a memo field?  If it is how do I go about it?
>>
>> Thanks Bob

0
dbl
5/2/2007 2:05:21 PM
   dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
"missinglinq via AccessMonster.com" <u28780@uwe> schreef in bericht
> Where:
>
> MField is the name of your memo filed
> SField is the search string
> SFieldCount is the number of occurances of the search string
>
> SFieldCount = (Len([MField]) - Len(Replace([MField], SField, ""))) / Len
> (SField)
>
> You're replacing the search string with a zero length string, comaparing
> the
> length of the memo field before and after the replacement(s) then dividing
> the difference by the length of the search string
>
> --
> There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat!
>
> Answers/posts based on Access 2000

ralph
5/3/2007 5:38:45 AM
kan ik niks aan doen

> Where:
>
> MField is the name of your memo filed
> SField is the search string
> SFieldCount is the number of occurances of the search string
>
> SFieldCount = (Len([MField]) - Len(Replace([MField], SField, ""))) / Len
> (SField)
>
> You're replacing the search string with a zero length string, comaparing
> the
> length of the memo field before and after the replacement(s) then dividing
> the difference by the length of the search string
>
> --
> There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat!
>
> Answers/posts based on Access 2000

ralph
5/3/2007 5:47:36 AM
Just out of curiosity, were you trying to count the times this phrase
appeared in the memo field of one record, or of all records in the table?

Answers/posts based on Access 2000

missinglinq

Is it possible

Personal Folders in OWA

Memo Field 09-25-07
I have a memo field in my table and the user can update this field from a form. The problem is that when they input a lot of data at one time, it turns the last lines to garbage and/or truncates the last lines. I would appreicate any suggestions as to why this is happening. Is there something in the text box property I should set so access knows this is a memo field? ( grasping at straws) Thank you in advance for your help. Post the SQL statement of the form's Record Source. Identify the field that is the memo data type. -- Ken Snell <MS ACCESS MVP> "Sha...

Countif and Text
This is really silly. I have a long column of "Y" and "N" - input by a user. I need to count the Y and N's - and use them further in my sheets. I've noted that in some sheets, my countif function works - and will count the Y values. On other sheets (from the same template!) it doesn't work! I have another user inputting these values - so perhaps her excel settings are causing the problem? I just need to know what to alter in order to have these Y and N input values 'readable' from other excel equations (if, and or). I've tried all formats ...

linking Excel 2007 worksheet to Word 007 file
Does anyone know why a border would show up around the excel worksheet linked to Word? I've checked the settings in excel to see that there are no borders. Also, when I initially link the excel file, everything looks fine but if I refresh it once or twice, a border (ie box) shows up around the linked worksheet. On 31/05/2010 1:20 PM, bmb wrote: > Does anyone know why a border would show up around the excel worksheet linked > to Word? I've checked the settings in excel to see that there are no > borders. Also, when I initially link the excel file, everything lo...

Word Attachment-Open Error
Encountered the following error mesaage while trying to open a .doc attachment by using the Outlook Express v6: The document name or path is not valid. Try these suggestions: * Check the file permissions for the document or drive. * Use the File Open dialog box to locate the document. (path\file name) Please help. Thanks. ...

How do I copy a Word File to an email that has numbered lists in
When I send an email and copy a Word Document that has a numbered list in the body such as 1. 2. 3. etc. the numbers for each line disappear in the email message. How can I prevent this? Email messages generally don't preserve formatting. Send the Word doc as an attachment, or (probably better) convert it to pdf and send that. On Feb 23, 4:05=A0pm, Edward P <Edward P...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I send an email and copy a Word Document that has a numbered list in= the > body such as 1. =A0 2. =A0 3. =A0etc. the numbers for each line disappea...

what is another way to unlock my word document?
I've tried many ways to unlock my document but none of them work? what can i do? "Jocy626" wrote: > I've tried many ways to unlock my document but none of them work? > > what can i do? Jocy626, I now have the same problem as you have. I can not open any saved word docs, nor can i save new docs im trying to do Give us SOMETHING to work with! What versions of Office and OS are you using? Are they patched up to date? Please describe your problem with some detail such as is this just one Word document or all Word documents? -- Terry Far...

Blocking fields to avoid use in formulas
Is there any possibility to block the particular field in order to avoid users to use invalid fields in formulas ? regards Peter You can lock and unlock cells (then protect the worksheet) so that users can't change certain cells. But if you allow them to type a formula into a cell, then I can't think of anyway of stopping them from pointing at A1 when A1 shouldn't be used. Is that what you meant? If it is, maybe someone else has a way... If it's not, maybe you should rephrase your question. Piotr wrote: > > Is there any possibility to block the particular field i...

Texte arabe dans Word
> Ce message est au format MIME. Comme votre programme de lecture de courriers ne comprend pas ce format, il se peut que tout ou une partie de ce message soit illisible. --B_3279965611_640133 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit Bonjour, J�utilise l��dition fran�aise de Word 2004 (version 11.3.8) sous le syst�me d�exploitation Mac OS 10.4.11. Lorsque je colle du texte arabe dans un document Word, depuis TextEdit par exemple, l�application quitte inopin�ment. Si j��cris directement dans Word, les lettres ne sont pas attach�es. Sauri...

pictures in various shapes
Is it possible to insert a picture and make it into a circle or an oval or various other shapes than just squares and rectangles? Thank you ahead of time. with a graphics editor -- Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP - FrontPage "Stephanie" <Stephanie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:014D0D06-15F9-4D92-8D93-64FBD3A9CA32@microsoft.com... | Is it possible to insert a picture and make it into a circle or an oval or | various other shapes than just squares and rectangles? Thank you ahead of | time. | | Stephanie wrote: > Is it possible to insert a pict...

Marking Changes on Final Version of Word 2007 document
I am presently Tracking Changes to a current document. How do I mark or show changes on the final version of the Word document after or as part of the Accepting Changes process? You don't -- when you Accept a Change, it's no longer in your file. You could print or pdf the file with "Print What?" set to "Document with Markup" before you Accept all the Changes. On May 27, 5:51=A0pm, Jerry <Je...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am presently Tracking =A0Changes to a current document. =A0How do I mar= k or > show changes on the final ...

Special pasting Charts from Excel to Word (2007 versions)
Here is my dilemma with Excel. I have a user who created a spreadsheet and he's trying to special paste the graphs he created as a link in Microsoft Word. When he special pastes the second graph into word, it ends up pasting the first graph instead. He has sent me another spreadsheet with the same setup (different info) and when he special pastes graphs from said spreadsheet, it copies all the graphs just fine. Any help would be appreciated. I apologize in advance if it sounds confusing. It's hard to explain. ...

Is this possible
I want to make a list of the files in several different folders. Is it possible to somehow "Copy and paste" just the filenames into a list, in either Word or Excel or Wordperfect. I am just trying to sort the files in several different folders to weed out duplicates. There has got to be an easier way then typing them all or screen printing the lists and manually weeding them out. Any suggestions. Frustrated... Hans, Here is some code that will start in a directory and list all files in that and any sub directories. It uses recursion to go through all the subs. Just ch...

Formula for a count of names?
Is their a formula for a count of names?? example: Joe Smoe Larry Lie Susan Kett and have a formula add up how many names their are?? Have a look in HELP index for COUNTA -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Alesha" <Alesha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4FB17D90-AFCD-415C-B852-1A994FDCDCAD@microsoft.com... > Is their a formula for a count of names?? example: > > Joe Smoe > Larry Lie > Susan Kett > > and have a formula add up how many names their are?? Alesha See Chip Pearson's site for formula(s) to count unique...

Flag Status Field Position on Description Bar.
I want to position the Flag Status field to br the first column on the left but after editing "Current View," "Fields," etc.,the field remains the last column on the right. OS ther a way to move the "Flag Status" field? Thanks, Ed No, you can't change the location of the Status Flag but you can you can place the column Follow Up Flag anywhere you want. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Save Embedded Pictures in Their Original...

Madatory Field
Dear All, Is it possibel to make a field mandatory for a user? If through javascript is there a generic format available It is a property of the attribute (field) itself. Go to the attributes and change it there. Regards, Robert "Faiz Amir" wrote: > Dear All, > Is it possibel to make a field mandatory for a user? If through javascript > is there a generic format available You have mentioned it to make it mandatory for all users. I want to make it madatory for only one user. "Robert Rybaric" wrote: > It is a property of the attribute (field) itself...

Is this Possible ?
Hi Have a newsletter document with text boxes that have no outlines but internal gradient colour fills. Is it possible that a macro could remove all colour fills in one hit just leaving the text in place ? many thanks Dim oShape As Shape For Each oShape In ActiveDocument.Shapes If oShape.Type = msoTextBox Then If oShape.Line.Visible = msoFalse Then oShape.Fill.Visible = msoFalse End If End If Next oShape should clear the fill from text boxes that are filled and have no border. -- <>>< ><<> ><&l...

How to use SumProduct to count reference or something else?
I used a command a while back and can only vaguely remember how to use it. I was using the SumProductIF. I have a column of references and I need to count how many times the reference is used. For example: Date Reference Amount #of Lines per Ref 12/31/09 Payroll 12/09 50.00 2 12/31/09 Payroll 12/09 100.00 2 12/31/09 Sales 12/09 2,000.00 3 12/31/09 Sales 12/09 5,000.00 3 12/31/09 Sales 12/09 10,000.00 3 #of Lines per Ref is the total of how many times that reference is used in the whole spre...

OT: What is the correct english word?
Hi! Sorry for posting this question here, but with all my dictionaries I did not find the correct word or name. I write a program which does statistics on measured values. For each statistic I have to output the mean value (X) and the sigma (s) and the number of measured values. This is no problem, but now they want also the value of the lowest and highest measured value within the statistic. What comes in mind is "Extreme values min, max" but in my ears this sounds a little bit extreme ;-) Is there a correct english name for these values? Thanks and best regards Walter Wa...

Test a Bit (Boolean) field with JSCRIPT
I would like to test the value of a Bit field in one of my forms and based on that, change the value of another field. Here is the logic I am looking for: If chkBox1 is checked Put data into Field1 Else Field1 = null. However if I do any of the following I get an error saying that it expects an object: If (crmForm.all.chkBox1.DataValue) If (crmForm.all.chkBox1.DataValue == True) If (crmForm.all.chkBox1.DataValue == "True") How can I test to see if a Boolean field is True or False? In javascript if and true must be in lower case. if (crmForm.all.chkBox1.DataValue) alert('...