Inserting table to other table

I have a form which consists of a table.
I want to insert some selected value into other table when i update and at
the same time I want it to save into my own table too...
May I know the way please.....

EMILYTAN

I'm having trouble visualizing your situation.

Could you provide an example of data?

--
Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Office/Access MVP
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

Microsoft IT Academy Program Mentor
http://microsoftitacademy.com/

Microsoft Registered Partner
https://partner.microsoft.com/

"EMILYTAN via AccessMonster.com" <u33296@uwe> wrote in message
> I have a form which consists of a table.
> I want to insert some selected value into other table when i update and at
> the same time I want it to save into my own table too...
> May I know the way please.....

Jeff
4/27/2007 11:38:54 AM
On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 09:16:48 GMT, "EMILYTAN via AccessMonster.com"
<u33296@uwe> wrote:

>I have a form which consists of a table.
>I want to insert some selected value into other table when i update and at
>the same time I want it to save into my own table too...
>May I know the way please.....

A Form doesn't "consist" of a table. It's like a window, allowing you to see
and edit data stored in a Table.

If you're trying to copy data from one table into another table, and store it
redundantly, you are probably making a mistake. In general, information should
be stored *ONLY ONCE*. Making copies of it into a second table is dangerous,
because if you change the data in one table, it will not be changed in the
second table; you could have "the same" record in your database twice, *with
different values*, and no easy way to tell which record is "the real" record.

What Tables do you have in your database? What information do they contain?
How are they related? You may be making your job harder than it needs to be!

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John

How do I insert Roman Numerals?

Not plot a data series in a chart but still display in data table
MS Excel 2007 I've somehow managed to display only two data series on my line chart. They still display in the data table. How did this happen? More importantly, how do I reverse it. I don't want to recreate chart. I see the data series not plotted on chart in the Chart Elements and when I select the series, the source data is highlighted; it's in the data table. How do I make it visible? Thanks! Miriam HAve you perhaps simply formatted the data series as "no line, no marker"? If so, you can format series, add some color. -- Best Regards, Lu...

Insert trigger

inserting hrs and minutes

Updating a table
I have query that relates to a table and i want to be able to automatically insert a comment into a range. I.E Table column is called Report name. I want to open the query and have it ask me the name of the report. When i enter it i want it to auutomatically enter the name in the column so that all the other information that i add afterweards is associated with the report. I then want this info to save when i exit. Can anybody help? ...

Creating tables
I have a client trying to create a report. He has tables within the report that show costs on a bi-yearly basis. He doesn't want bi-yearly. He wants the table set up in bi-weekly tables, but the drop down menu doesn't allow it. He can do days, months, and years, but not weeks. That will not show up in the drop down menu. It is strange! How can this issue be corrected? ...

Insert with a where condition

Insert

how to insert data in a table

Case (in)sensitivity of table names/field names
Hi ! I would like to work with Microsoft Access 2003 and Windows XP or Windows Vista. Are table names case insensitive? What about field names? Thank you very much for your kind help. Peter Yes, both are case insensitive, as is data. IOW, a search for either peter or Peter would find you. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "peschrader" <peschrader@hREMOVEMEotmail.com> wrote in message news:up9WEFmeKHA.5136@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi ! > > I would like to work with M...

insert downloads into power point

Lookup tables #2
want to use lookup tables as poor man's db. have about 200 uniquely numbered stores, each time a call comes in we log it by that number, and each "record" has 11 "fields" or columns. if the list is sorted in ascending order, how can i use a a vlookup in combo with macro to go in and key off the unique number and bring all the rows of data back identified with that unique number to one page? Stores may have only one "record" and some may 15. formula would look at the keyed in number...say 101 and go to lu table and start with 101 and repeat until it reach...

Insert dataset to another database

Querying data tables
I routinely query data from another application into Excel. Is there any way to pass parameters into the query from the excel worksheet? That is, I want to put a start date and end date in the excel worksheet and then query for records dated within that range. I can edit the query easily enough, but I want to turn this over to users who would not understand how to use query and I don't want to spend a lot of time teaching repeatedly and mopping up their messes. ...

Insert a blank row

How do I insert a letter into an existing word document?
I am working on a large document that I need to add several letters that are on our letterhead. If I cut and paste the letter, the letterhead header becomes skewed. This is just one issue I'm having with the document! Also need to know how to merge 3 separate documents together once I insert the letters that I need! Help! What do you mean by "skewed"? To preserve the data from the header of the document, you will need to insert it into a Section of its own separated from the rest of the document by Next page Section breaks before and after it with the headers...

Split Database, Can't Append to Table
I have a table to which I daily upload financial reports into one table, and run an append query to add those records not already listed in the master table. I recently split the database because of some other random conflicts we began to have once two users began to access the database. I read that splitting might help. Now I am unable to append to the master table using the append query. I get a message that there is a violoation regarding an index, primary key, or relationship. I've also tried to manually cut & paste the records from the results of the append query with n...

How do I insert backround into my picture inserts?
Could you please elaborate on your question, and give us details such as your version of Publisher. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "TAMOS" <TAMOS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A1B3ABEC-F208-4A23-B695-9C0EEFBF649F@microsoft.com... > How to Compose a Good Newsgroup Post http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm How to Act Smart on Usenet http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html Getting Your Post Noticed - and Answered http:...

returning a value in a table referencing ranges
I have a chart 1 that has a list of ranges and if the number falls with in the range I want the commision value returned to my new work sheet ex: Chart 1 Col A Col B Col C 500 599 50.00 600 699 55.00 if the calculated total on my seperate worksheet A is between 500 599 I want the 50.00 to pull to worksheet A. -- Tammy Assuming your data in A2:C3, and your criteria in E2 =LOOKUP(E2,A2:A3,C2:C3) "tveith" wrote: > I have a chart 1 that has a list of ranges and if the number falls with in > the range I want the commision va...

Inserting images into excel conditionally
I have a large product price list (1200 items) with one column for quantity. I would like excel to import the appropriate image for a product once the condition entered is that quantity is > 0. Is this possible? If so then please help. Thanks Pav One way http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/lookuppics.html can be adapted to your situation -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Pav" <Pav@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:37DC7373-14E6-4F11-9136-71DC3AD93CC2@microsoft.com... > I have a large product price list (1200 items) with one column for quantity. > I would l...

Link Tables in MDE file
Is it possible to have Link Table Wizard in MDE file? You mean the Linked Table Manager? No, but it's easy to build your own equivalent. See http://www.mvps.org/access/tables/tbl0009.htm at "The Access Web" for one approach. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Leonidas" <Leonidas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:60863F14-FD58-4D6C-B8E0-5249847835CA@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to have Link Table Wizard in MDE file? ...