Import - Import Specs

Is there a way to import, import specifications from another database?

Yes, when you import click 'Options' and click the 'Import/Export Specs'
checkbox.
This is for 2003, I don't know about 2007.
-- Dorian
eat for a lifetime".

"Sash" wrote:

> Is there a way to import, import specifications from another database?

Howto: Ommit empty xmlns specs?

Sever Specs
We run a 19 pos + 2 dedicated manager workstation setup. Even reindexing everyday, looking up old transactions consumes much time, and on busy days even posting transaction after a sale takes 15-25 seconds. Can any with experience on an installations this large give me and idea for server specs that they would recommend. I know larger is always better, but I don't also want to throw money away. Right now we run SQL 2000 on a Dell 400sc, 2.8ghz HT, 512mb Windows SBE 2003. Thank you There's more that goes into performance than just the server specs. Just based on what you&#...

Newbie: Exchange server specs recommendations
Hi, I have read through the Exchange papers provided by MS on the recommended hardware and specs. For example, they recommended RAID 1 for the various databases. From what I can think, is that on an ideal server, I will need many hard disks running several types of RAID for optimum performance of the Exchange server. However, the Exchange we are going to demploy will only host about 50 to 60 mailboxes or maximum 100. I will like to hear from those experienced Exchange admin, what is the recommended hardware specs that I will need? We are going to use a retired server with dual Xeon pr...

Comment specs
Hello Group, I would like to know if there are any limits on the number of comments a sheet can hold? What about a workbook? Also, am I correct in that a comment is limited to 1024 characters? I have a workbook that could possibly contain ~1200 comments. Will that be a problem? Looking in XL specs and limits, none of this is listed. Thanks Bob P. Hi Bob, > I would like to know if there are any limits on the number > of comments a sheet can hold? What about a workbook? I believe this is limited by available memory. Experimenting, I inserted 50k comments into a sheet without pro...

Vcard Specs
It appears to me that the internet standard vcard has specs for a picture- and outlook 2003 has a picture field. However when I export a contact to a vcard.. the picture does not appear as part of the vcard.. Am I missing something ? -- Bob Lee Outlook contact pictures are stored as a hidden attachment in the contact and Outlook's vCard output doesn't support pictures. You'd have to create your own vCard from code and encode the picture yourself in the required format for placement in the vCard file. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Absolute...

system spec
Hi all, dell pe T710, one Xeon E5520 cpu, 4GB ram Seen lots of posts where people are recommending 8gb as absolute minimum for 2008. Anyone tested SBS2k8 on machine of similar spec to above running exchange 40+ users with 500mb mailbox limits (currently)? Many thanks BWAHAHAHHAHA (sorry) 40+ users you want 16GB RAM, some might suggest 12 is enough (I don't believe a word of it). "angus" <ac@removethisnowhere.com> wrote in message news:hqp50m$5gu$1@energise.enta.net... > Hi all, > > > dell pe T710, one Xeon E5520 cpu, 4GB ram ...

Exchange Specs for 100 users
I am trying to spec the hardware for an Exchange server. I have approximately 100 users. I am thinking of the hardware configuration and would like some feedback (e.g., is this sufficient or overkill): - 1-2Ghz server - 1GB ram - disks as follows: 2x18GB RAID 1 for system; 2x18GB RAID 1 for logs; 3x73 RAID 5 for data files (information store). I am planning to run the Exchange 2003 standard edition (limited to 16GB). Does this seem sufficient for 100 users? Thanks. FWIW I wouldn't build a non-clustered exchange system. This is of course my 2� but corporations just can't live wi...

CRM Minimum Specs
In the CRM Documentation CD, and on google Im not able to verify if MS-CRM will work with Exchange 2000. The Users guide discusses Outlook 2000/Office 2000 requirements so that was answered but not whether I can use Exchange 2000 and if so what level SP1/2/3 etc etc. Anyone know or point me to the proper documentation would be appreciated. Yes, Exchange 2000 is supported. They recommend the latest SP and this info is in the IG.PDF on the doc CD. Matt Parks ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Thu, 01 Apr 2004 10:21:11 -0800, Benjamin Zach...

Anyone know if the PST file format spec has been released yet?
Really need this badly... Thanks! Jack Never mind. Looks like they finally did about one month ago. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff385210.aspx Jack "Jack Black" <jackisback@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OO9%23Yg7xKHA.5936@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Really need this badly... > > Thanks! > Jack > ...

Spec-ing SQL Server Box For Small Work Group?
I think I've finally got my guys talked into buying a dedicated PC so we can fool around with SQL Server and see if it offers any improvements over the various .MDB back ends we have now. We're talking 20 concurrent users max. More like 4-6 most of the time. Before somebody says SQL Server is overkill in this situation, I should add that we've got a new app that does some pretty heavy number crunching and seems made for a background process running on the server. I get to spec the box and they'll spring for just about anything within reason that I can defend. No knowing a...

COM specs for VS 6
About three years ago i've downloaded a complete specifications of VS6 COM interface from somewhere. IIRC that were 200+ pages or so. That was in the other company. And now I need it back but can't find it anymore. If someone could tell where to find, you'd make me really happy. TIA, Hans -- The one who doesn't know the answer is wiser than the one who knows the wrong answer. ...

Recommended Spec
Hi What is the recommended hardware & software requirement to run MS CRM? Thanks Regards Are you talking server or workstation? "John" <john@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message news:OwnBsxOyDHA.1060@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi > > What is the recommended hardware & software requirement to run MS CRM? > > Thanks > > Regards > > Hmmm....does it need a dedicated server? If yes, then both. Thanks Regards "Alan Whitehouse" <awhitehouse@NOSPAM.tgo.ca> wrote in message news:%23jjzi7WyDHA.2032@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl......

Check format specs
Does anyone have a link to the documentation that details the check format specifications? We have to order new checks and I wanted to provide as much information as I could to the vendor. Thank you, From the spelling, I am guessing that we are talking US specs. If you want Canadian, post back and I can provide links to the relevant parts of the Canadian Payments Association web site. Lyle On 02/09/2010 12:22 PM, blkane wrote: > Does anyone have a link to the documentation that details the check format > specifications? We have to order new checks and I wanted to ...

No message from the replyer (now with spec.)
Spec: Outlook 2002, Win2k, Message format: "Let outlook decide the sending format" Sometimes I get reply's from people with no new text, only my old sent text. This appears both in preview pane and when i open it. Sometimes it work to mark it as unread and then open it again...sometmes not. Anyone who can help? Ebar ...

Specs of formats
Hi folks! Using these formats: [h]:mm [hh]:mm Does anyone know the exact limits on hours before each will fail? I'm thinking that the limit for [hh]:mm is 9999 hrs, but I'm not sure. And for [h]:mm, I don't know this one. Thanks! Biff IIRC, you can't directly enter a number in either format greater than 9999:59:59 But you can use the format for much bigger numbers. Experimentally, I get the formats turning to ####s when the value is greater than 2957003.99999 which corresponds to 70968095:59 In article <29ad01c5040d$efb66080$a501280a@phx.gbl&g...

Global Print Specs
I have a series of 114 workbooks with 22 worksheets each. They are setup for A4 printing. Is there a way to print all worksheets in each workbook on 8�x11 with row and column headings without specifying it on each worksheet individually? I am using Excell 2000. Steve Williams ...

syntax error missing operator-open frm to spec. record
Here is my code attached to the onclick event of a command button: Private Sub Command12_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Command12_Click Dim stDocName As String Dim stLinkCriteria As String stDocName = "Jeff Employee Info with Sched" DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , "[man name]=" & Me!JeffSchedLookAheadGenerate.Form!cbomanname DoCmd.Maximize Exit_Command12_Click: Exit Sub Err_Command12_Click: MsgBox Err.Description Resume Exit_Command12_Click End Sub I am trying to navigate to Jeff Employee info with Sched form to ...

Server Spec
I am running 5 tills, and 6 back office computers, i have a 3.0GHZ dual core Pentium server, with 2GB of RAM, and am running full SQL Server. We are noticing times when thing are very slow, especially when we are doing large reports, and the server is also running our SAGE requirements- Should i have a faster server, or is the above spec adequeate? Thanks for any help on this! I'm not sure what SAGE is - is that your accounting package? Anyway, you might want to boost the memory - more is always better, but 2GB should be adequate. Do you have any hubs in your network? If so ...

Server Specs
Seemed to be hear a lot lately. Thank you everyone! In a previous thread of mine "priv1.edb maximum size", I explain that I have a customer who's exchange has maxed. I now have the go ahead to build a new server. Their current is a Dell PowerEdge 2800 SBS Standard Two - 2.8GHz single core processors 4GB RAM 3 - 136GB SCSI Drives in RAID 5 12GB C: OS Partition 272GB Drive D: This is a machine shop manufacturing company with 15 users. Some of the CNC machines pull data from the server. Question Based on the info provided does it appear that the new server sh...

Outlook 2002 Specs
We are wondering if anyone knows the computer specs. that a computer needs in order to run Outlook 2002? Any clues or links are appreciated. Thanks. Jason OFFXP: System Requirements for Microsoft Office XP http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;285342&Product=offxp --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Jason Dolf asked: | We are wondering if anyone knows th...

Globally changing values in picklists (spec. Industry & Lead Sourc
I've searched all over and can't find an answer to my problem. Hopefully this community can help me. I would like to customize certain picklist values so that they are the same throughout the entire system. For right now, I need to change Industry and Lead Source. I know I can change for an individual object (e.g., Account), but I need to make this change systemwide. I have a list of about 45 industry types I want to use and I also want to specify excatly where a lead came from (i.e., WHICH Chamber of Commerce list, WHICH trade show, a SPECIFIC sig, etc.). Where this change w...

Text wrap spec
People, I thought I understood that the text wrap limit for any given cell was 1024 and indeed when I look at the specification for Excel, it states that only 1024 text characters will display in a cell. However, I have the following condition (Excel 2003 running under Windows XP Pro). I have a column that is 35 wide. I entered repeating text in four paragraphs. The total length of my string is 1093 characters (verified using the Len function). The last word wrap occurs at character 1032, definitely beyond the 1024 limit. The total number of characters that shows in the cell is 1074 an...

Need advice on product specs table
Hi, I'm trying to figure the best way to store product specs data e.g. dimensions, weight, power requirements, etc. Because the database will contain a wide variety of products and in time, there will be new specification categories, I'm inclined to have a table that defines specification categories and another where SpecIDs and values are saved for each ProductID. The problem I have with this approach is that I won't be able to take advantage of data types in SQL Server. I'd hate to keep dimension or weight information as varchar. The other approach I c...

Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Office Outlook could not access the spec
I have Outlook 2003 with SP1 and a fully patched install point. Any machines that have this current install gets a message when trying to view public folders from the folder views. "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Office Outlook could not access the specified folder location. The operation failed." Any suggestions? ...

Hardware specs for Exchange 2000
I need to get some advice on a machine to run Exchange 2000 for approximately 50 - 75 users. This is a machine we currently have and I want to check that it will be OK for this purpose Dell Poweredge 6300 Quad Xeon 500 mhz 4 gb memory Raid 5 array with 6 8gb drives. Windows 2000 Advanced Server Exchange 2000 Advanced Server I'm fairly certain that the drives should be replaced with something larger and configured with in one raid 5 array for the OS/apps/exchange DB, and one raid 1 array just for the exchange logs. I'm a little bit concerned about the processor power though, even th...