Import excel but selected column for selected table

I want to import excel to access but I want selected column to appear in
selected table.
For example i want to be able to specify column 1,2,3 to load in table 1 and
column 4,5,8 to appear in table 2..
May i know the way please?

EMILYTAN

May I know the way please?

Trever B wrote:
>Suggestion,
>
>Import to a temp table
>
>Run 2 append queries appending the data to the files you want
>
>Trev
>
>> I want to import excel to access but I want selected column to appear in
>> selected table.
>> For example i want to be able to specify column 1,2,3 to load in table 1 and
>> column 4,5,8 to appear in table 2..
>> May i know the way please?

EMILYTAN
5/14/2007 5:39:19 AM
Go to File - Get External Data - Lnk and link to the worksheet. The fields
in the worksheet will appear as a table in your database. Create a query
based on that table and include columns 1, 2 and 3. Change the query to an
Append query and append to table 1. Create another query based on the table
and include columns 4, 5 and 8. Change the query to an append query and
append to table 2.

PC Datasheet
Providing Customers A Resource For Help With Access, Excel And Word
Applications
resource@pcdatasheet.com

"EMILYTAN via AccessMonster.com" <u33296@uwe> wrote in message
>I want to import excel to access but I want selected column to appear in
> selected table.
> For example i want to be able to specify column 1,2,3 to load in table 1
> and
> column 4,5,8 to appear in table 2..
> May i know the way please?

Steve
5/14/2007 10:51:40 AM
Your way can work..
Do you other method where user can browse the excel file and then load it in
the table with selected field to appear?
I use TransferSpreadSheet but it show me external table is not in the correct
format...

Steve wrote:
>Go to File - Get External Data - Lnk and link to the worksheet. The fields
>in the worksheet will appear as a table in your database. Create a query
>based on that table and include columns 1, 2 and 3. Change the query to an
>Append query and append to table 1. Create another query based on the table
>and include columns 4, 5 and 8. Change the query to an append query and
>append to table 2.
>
>PC Datasheet
>Providing Customers A Resource For Help With Access, Excel And Word
>Applications
>resource@pcdatasheet.com
>
>>I want to import excel to access but I want selected column to appear in
>> selected table.
>> For example i want to be able to specify column 1,2,3 to load in table 1
>> and
>> column 4,5,8 to appear in table 2..
>> May i know the way please?

EMILYTAN

Need macro to move to first blank cell in column
Hi. I am trying to use a macro to move from A1 to the first blank cell in col A. There are no gaps in the data. When the first blank cell is selected, data will be copied and pasted from another worksheet. Then the adjacent cell in col B must be selected and again data will be copied and pasted there from another worksheet. Finally, the adjacent cell in col C must be selected but the formula from the cell above must be extended down one cell. I have recorded a macro which does all this but the problem is that when I repeat the macro the same row is always selected instead of the ...

Emailing in excel 2003 02-26-10

make column lists for select query.
sheet1 table1 col1_1 table1 col1_2 table1 col1_3 table1 col1_4 table1 col1_5 table1 col1_6 table2 col2_1 table2 col2_2 table2 col2_3 table2 col2_4 .... .... sheet2 table1 col1_1,col1_2,col1_3,col1_4,col1_5,col1_6, table2 col2_1,col2_2,col2_3,col2_4, .... .... I want to make column lists for some table listed in sheet1. for example, select column_lists from table1 without vba is it possible? thanks. I think you may want some dependent lists. http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html HTH, Barb Reinhardt "kang" wrote: > sheet1 > table1 col1_1 > table1 col1_2 >...

Opening a new instance of Excel

Excel Edit F2 button changed for Mac???

How do I create a pivot table if the pivot table icon or menu ite.
If rhe pivot table icon ...??? Please clarify in the body of the message. "Lynn@WS" <Lynn@WS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E6B098C-551A-4389-9048-7F4F5A6E5EF8@microsoft.com... > ...

EXCEL TROUBLESHOOTING #2

Excel Crash

Import Palm files
Can anyone help me by telling me how to import palm files (dat files) into outlook. I want to import contact, calendar, etc Depends what you can export to from Palm Desktop. Personally, I've found this messy. Why not just get sync software that can sync your Palm with Outlook directly? Chapura Pocketmirror or Pumatech Intellisync are two ideas....or your Palm CD may have come with this option. F. Carvalho wrote: > Can anyone help me by telling me how to import palm files > (dat files) into outlook. I want to import contact, > calendar, etc ...

connect a form to excel database
I have a database in excel which lists our stock and prices etc. I would like to be able to enter a stock number on an invoice that will retrieve the details and price from my excel database. Can this be done? Excel has built in option--try data|form. If that doesn't quite work, but it's close, John Walkenbach has an enhanced dataform at: http://j-walk.com/ss/dataform/index.htm And if you want to design your own, Debra Dalgleish has a get started with userforms: http://contextures.com/xlUserForm01.html Kathy wrote: > > I have a database in excel which lists our stock and p...

Does anyone know where I can download EXCEL.MSI?
I am missing my Excel 2002 CD, and can't install Office Update Service Pack 3 without this file. ...

Excel ignores boot-time regional settings when interpreting a date
I have a third party DDE app that exports dates as strings, correctly using the short date format in the regional and language settings, which, in my case is MM/DD/YYYY (reset at every boot). Unfortunately excel insists in interpreting that date as DD/MM/YYYY [Application.International(xlDateOrder)=1, it should be 0], disregarding my regional settings. The result is that all the dates are wrong or #VALUES! If this is not wierd enough, listen to this: it only happens after I reboot (when the date format is reset to MM/DD/YYYY). If subsequently I change the short date format in the regional se...

Excel to check for regular expression?
Hi, How do you use Regular expression in excel? For eg: Check a column of data to see whether are all of them valid email addresses? Please advise THanks By valid, do you mean that the email is in proper syntax or that it is an actual email address. Text formulas can be used for proper syntax. Perhaps a Visual Basic proceedure. I doubt you can check that the email address actually exists, as many companies and ISPs will simply disregard and drop mail to invalid email addresses to eliminate spam "user" wrote: > Hi, > > How do you use Regular expression ...

Contact not importing names of csv lists
Whenever I import a csv file into outlook 2007 it imports only the email addresses, nothing else. I've titled the csv columns with the exact same headings as the outlook contact headings. Still, it imports only the email addresses. What do I need to do to get it to import the full names as well? Is it correct to assume that because you stated that you "titled the csv columns the same as the Outlook contact headings" - that you used "auto-map" to import your data? There is absolutely no reason, benefit or value whatsoever (under any circumstances) in ...

In Excel program shows a broken line and don't know how to get ri.

Excel Cells Contents to HTML Pages

how to divide a numbers in a table of data by 1,000, all at once
I've noticed in some spreadsheets that numbers are displayed as rounded...i.e. so that one isn't looking at 1,403,333 + 2,333,999 etc. but rather 1403 + 2334, etc. with a note at the top that says "000's". In one step, how can I edit all the numbers in a table so that they show to the nearest 10,000 (i.e. 1403 +2334), without dividing them one by one by 1,000? Or, to go at it from another angle, how do I divide each # by 1,000? The ROUND feature requires that I create a new table. Not exactly what I'm looking for. Enter 1000 in an unused cell. ...

How to draw a selection line?
I want to draw selection lines with 1 pixel width dotted line style. normally it works ok, but the it looks not very good when I zoom the image to a bigger magnification. What I want is like the effect in many popular image processing softwares such as Adobe Photoshop. for example, I make a ellipic selection and draw a dotted line ellipse it looks ok. but when zooming in it still the same as normal ,but in photoshop it became aliasing lines which seems to be composed by several small blocks. Does any have any idea on this question?? any help would be appreciated. ...

filling a field in a continuous form with a field from a table
I have a form with the fields: date, client, atty, time, billable and description. All these fields update the Time Sheet Table. I want the atty field to automatically take the attorney's name from the table Attorney which contains one field called Atty. So for I can only figure out how to use a combo box to chose the Attorney table field. You could set the default value of the control using DLookup(). =DLookup("Atty","tblAttorney") This could be a locked combo box that displays whatever value you want or can derive from tblAttorney. -- Duane H...

Question Regarding Excel 2007 Formatting Corruption #2