I open the MDB, the form runs automatically - how do I stop it?

Simple question
I have an MDB file with 20 files and 7 forms in it.
When I open it up,  the form runs immediately an access goes into some
sort of protected mode. I can't view the tables, queries etc. I can
see the code by pressing Alt F11 but not the data.

I created a blank db and imported the mdb so I could see the tables.

But how do I open the original without it running the code?
When I look at the code. I don't see anything that sets properties or
invokes the code automatically.
There are no macros in this, just the forms and associated code with
them.

Any ideas

Thanks

Colm

1
hollywoodsign

Hold down the shift key while you're opening the database.

Once you get into the application, look at Tools | Startup on the menu to
see where the form was set to open on startup. (It's possible that they
marked the tables as hidden. If that's the case, look on the General tab
under Tools | Options, and check Hidden Objects in the Show section.)

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

<hollywoodsign@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Simple question
> I have an MDB file with 20 files and 7 forms in it.
> When I open it up,  the form runs immediately an access goes into some
> sort of protected mode. I can't view the tables, queries etc. I can
> see the code by pressing Alt F11 but not the data.
>
> I created a blank db and imported the mdb so I could see the tables.
>
> But how do I open the original without it running the code?
> When I look at the code. I don't see anything that sets properties or
> invokes the code automatically.
> There are no macros in this, just the forms and associated code with
> them.
>
> Any ideas
>
> Thanks
>
> Colm

0
Douglas
3/10/2007 11:11:45 AM
That did it. Thanks!

0
hollywoodsign

code to allow edits in form AND subform
Ok, here goes............. I have a form (frmBOL) which contains a subform (sfrmData). I have this code working to allow the form to be edited, but I can't seem to incorporate the subform into it. Everything I try gives me an error. Can anyone help? Private Sub cmdOK_Click() Dim sPassword As String sPassword = Nz(Me.txtPassword.Value, "") ' if it is a valid password, we let them edit the ' form that called this form. The calling form is ' responsible for check that the current user is ' either the QA tech on the record, or a me...

POP
Hello all, we have an issue where a PO was created with 4 line items and line item number 1 was not adding into the total on the report not the form which we did not know at the time.. then we had to edit line line 2 which at that time they noticed that the report was short still the line item #1 but the PO entry form showed the correct amount... I look into the tables and all seemed to be correct so it's just the report itself that is showing the incorrect amount.... any help would be great Hi Bam. See if the report itself has been customized. If it is, it could be a bug on the c...

Skip Records in a Form
I have a form in my database based on a table. The table is appended with new reocrds everyday. My goal is to have the form present only the new records and allow a user to key data into the new record and be recorded in the same table. The issue I have is that the form is displaying all records not just the new. Does anyone know a way to open a form and display only those records that have not been updated by the user? Thanks in advance Add a column for UpdateDate and update this column whenever a record is updated via the form. Set up a query to read all the rows/columns ...

Publisher 2000

opening links in outlook

Problem trying to open old money file

[MFC] CWnd::OnSizing() method, how to stop resizing?
Hi there. Does anyone know more about OnSizing()? I'm trying to overload it so it stops resizing when window's width is lower than some constant. But nothing works! Can anybody help me? MSDN gives a sample that isn't adequate for me. Does lpRect parameter in method's call conatin window size after or before resizing? Best regards Tom Try using CWnd::OnGetMinMaxInfo() or the WM_GETMINMAXINFO and set the min/max values for you window. HTH -Shashi "walot" wrote: > > Hi there. > > Does anyone know more about OnSizing()? I'm trying to overl...

Email with tiny attachments open slow

Need an open house sign in sheet

Outlook 2003 stops writing
when writing the text the keyboard seems to lose contact with the system and interrups writing for a few seconds. The marker disappears and there is no memory of the keys used. It happens both with the built-in keyboard on my laptop as well as when I use an externa keyboard. Vista Premium. -- gunsan That is more likely to be a problem with win, or your hardware "gunsan" <gunsan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4522D556-4482-4179-B34A-8B97BB8E7B3D@microsoft.com... > when writing the text the keyboard seems to lose contact with the system > and > ...

Table to form
I have a field in a table called ID. 4 posititions. I have a field in a subform where I want to enter an ID. If the ID is not in the table, I want to know. How can I connect them? By the way, if it is not in the table, I would want a message to pop up or the ability to add to the table on the fly. Thanks. On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 10:36:25 -0500, "rob peterson" <buster@owc.net> wrote: >I have a field in a table called ID. 4 posititions. What do you mean by "positions"?? >I have a field in a subform where I want to enter an ID. If the ID is not in >the tabl...

cannot open excel file from outlook

opening links

How can I determine whether a given application is running or not ???
Hi, How can I determine whether a given application is running or not... [FindowWindow doesn't help because the caption of the windows changes most of the time]. -- Regards, Amar Kumar. >How can I determine whether a given application is running or not... stolen from newgroups : "You can also do it using Semaphores or Mutex under MFC. In your winapp header declare a object of type CMutex CMutex m_mutexOneInstance; define winapp constructor as CYourApp :: CYourApp() : m_mutexOneInstance(FALSE,"ApplicationName") { } ... CYourApp :: InitInstance (... ) { if...

EXCEL Files open Slow

Bill Pay - Running Balance
Just upgraded from Money 04 to Money 06 and the big thing I have lost is the ability to see my Running Balance and select Bills to be paid on the Bill Pay screen and have it affect my Balance. This is a great tool if you want to play whatif's and see how much you may want to move from the account based on what you have left after bills. But now it's gone in 06! If I can't get that back - then I'm Uninstalling 06 - returning it to Costco and reinstalling 04! Why would Microsoft get rid of such a useful feature! still there for me, on the same page as the bills list. When ...

help with stop loop eof
I have a table "pt" with 2 fields 1 named "MasterID" and 1 named "tickets" each MasterID hes a number of tickets to print so I want to append to a new table each masterid so many times the value of the ticket field is example if the masterid "15251" hes the ticket value 20 I want to append to the new table the value "15251" 20 times so I created a query "select tickets from pt group by tickets" and the form runs the loop on each query record so many times the value of me.tikets then the first loop is to navigate to the next record the...

Exported form shows error
I exported a table and form to another database for use in another facility I operate. When I go to open the form, an error is displayed stating..."The record source '~sq_cSaidTable~sq_cList70' specified on this form or report does not exist" It then proceeds to alter the record souce in the form in design veiw. I have done that and the error persists. How do I repair this? -- Deltadog-Sacramento River Delta fisher extrodinairre... ...

update many fields in a form from existing info.
I have 2 tables. One table stores various information about companies including company name, address, etc. The second table stores student names. In a form, I am able to enter mutiple student names into a memo field and, as of right now, type in the company name, address, etc. (it is not linked to the company name table at all). What I want to do is this: from the student add form, search the company table for a company based on partial name and/or zipcode, select one company from a possible 1 or more companies, and have the fields in the form automatically fill in - pulling the ...