I open the MDB, the form runs automatically - how do I stop it?

Simple question
I have an MDB file with 20 files and 7 forms in it.
When I open it up,  the form runs immediately an access goes into some
sort of protected mode. I can't view the tables, queries etc. I can
see the code by pressing Alt F11 but not the data.

I created a blank db and imported the mdb so I could see the tables.

But how do I open the original without it running the code?
When I look at the code. I don't see anything that sets properties or
invokes the code automatically.
There are no macros in this, just the forms and associated code with
them.

Any ideas

Thanks

Colm

1
hollywoodsign

Hold down the shift key while you're opening the database.

Once you get into the application, look at Tools | Startup on the menu to
see where the form was set to open on startup. (It's possible that they
marked the tables as hidden. If that's the case, look on the General tab
under Tools | Options, and check Hidden Objects in the Show section.)

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

<hollywoodsign@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Simple question
> I have an MDB file with 20 files and 7 forms in it.
> When I open it up,  the form runs immediately an access goes into some
> sort of protected mode. I can't view the tables, queries etc. I can
> see the code by pressing Alt F11 but not the data.
>
> I created a blank db and imported the mdb so I could see the tables.
>
> But how do I open the original without it running the code?
> When I look at the code. I don't see anything that sets properties or
> invokes the code automatically.
> There are no macros in this, just the forms and associated code with
> them.
>
> Any ideas
>
> Thanks
>
> Colm

0
Douglas
3/10/2007 11:11:45 AM
That did it. Thanks!

0
hollywoodsign

running balance
Hi I need help figuring out a formula for a running balance. I have 3 columns one called deposits, another called petty cash disbursements and another called expenses. I want to be able to know how can I get the total amount of money that I have on an account even though I keep on entering different dollar amounts at all times. I know that the formula =A39-B39 is giving me the amount for the first two columns, but I don't know what to do for the third column. I would really appreciate it if someone can help me out. Thanks. Jackie deposits-disbursements-expenses+previous balance ...

How to automatically send a CC: email
Hi, Is it possible to configure Exchage server 2003 to automatically send a CC: copy to a mail recipient everytime an email is sent from someones mailbox? In other words, the manager would like to receive a copy of all emails sent by one of his employees. I know this can be done through rules in outlook, but I wish to perform this function from exchage for a group of users. Thanks in Advance ...

Stop automatically sending meeting requests.
Hi, I've currently got an issue with the calendar. For some unknown reason every time I get a meeting request, my manager also gets one. Does anyone know what might be causing this and how to stop it? Thanks, J. And just to clarify, I have removed his name from the delegates tab and the shared calendar. Could it be something to do with his settings? Any pointers would be welcome. Thanks, Paul. it was because he was a delegate. How long ago did you make the change? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? ht...

Outlook still running in background
When I closeout outlook then try and shut the computer down it tells me it is having trouble shutting outlook down and it gives me a choice to "end now" but that doesn't even help. The only thing that I can do is shut the computer off. Or I go into processes and it shows outlook still running in the back ground then I end the task that way in order to shut the computer down. This only started a few weeks a go and they only thing that I do is instal any windows updates or virus updates. I have tried reinstalling office and xp with out any sucess. Any suggestions? ...

Outlook forms #4
I have a series of related forms. The replies are associated in the actions menu but when they are published to a public folder the reply will not open initially. They are hidden so users cannot open them first to load them. My agency is one of many on the exchange server so I cannot use the organizational library. I thought about sending them to all our users as an .oft file so they can publish them to their personal library but not all users would be able to accomplish this with their technical knowledge. Any ideas on how to make them available to 475 users? ...

I received a .pub doc. How do I open it?
I have XP Pro...... Hi redcaver2003 (redcaver2003@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I have XP Pro...... 1. Open Microsoft Publisher 2. Go to File > Open and browse to the location on your harddrive where you saved the file 3. Click Open. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Unless you have Publisher you won't be able to open it. Choices: Get Publisher Have the sender use another method, i.e., convert to pdf. -- D...

Using Powerpoint 2007
PPS files on webpage open as PPT using PowerPoint 2007. Don't have this same issue when opening the same link from an Office 2003 computer, they run the show only. -- Miroshak ...

Transfer form data
In access 2000, how do I transfer form data to MS Word?. I would like to use something like transferSpreadsheet which I use often to transfer data to Excel. I would prefer not to create an Access report and then use "Publish with MS Word". This method does NOT faithfully reproduce the report. Thanks -- Shell "Shell" wrote: > In access 2000, how do I transfer form data to MS Word?. I would like to use > something like transferSpreadsheet which I use often to transfer data to > Excel. > > I would prefer not to create an Access report and then us...

Opening LInks in Email
I am not able to open address links when they are sent as part of an email. Can this feature be activated? TIA Eric Aloha ecm, Probably. We need a lot more information about your setup to tell you how, though. To start with What version of Outlook are you using? -Ben- Ben M. Schorr - MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenotefaq.htm > I am not able to open address links when they are sent as part of an > email. Can this feature be activated? > > TIA > Eri I'm using ver 6 Outlook Express. ...

unable to open outlook #4
I have microsoft outook 2002. I can no longer open it. It has hour glass icon and freezes. After ending task it asks to start the outlook program in safe mode. That also failed. Where can get help? Please advice. sp See http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/outlookdoesntstart.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "sp" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05d201c48fe9$bf767560$a401280a@phx.gbl... >I have m...

Opening Text Files and Re-Saving Them
Hi. I am trying to write some code which will allow a user to select a folder and then will open all of the text files in that folder and re-save them as excel files. I have sorted out the code to enable the user to select the folder they wish to use, but am looking some assistance on the looping to enable each of the text files to be opened and re-saved. Can anyone suggest how I might do this. Thanks. If the text files are all the same, you could record a macro that Opens, saves as an excel file, and closes the file. Then that recorded macro could be modified to open...

How can i stop same data being repeated in a column
I have a list of contract numbers relating to application numbers or payments. they are in the format nnnnnnan or nnnnnnpn. The columns are fixed to this format only. If they are entered with the a or p in the wrong place or if they have been left out completely an error message will appear to alert the user. I want to know how to alert the user if they enter an application or a payment number that has already been entered. ie if they enter 022079a4 but that same application has been entered else where in the column. Hope you can help Ru Hello See Chip Pearson's http://www.cpearson....

Outlook 2003 Can't Open Item MS OFFICE FAILED
Yikes, I'm having a real problem. I am running Windows XP with Service Pack 2 Home Edition Office 2003 with Service Pack 2 (only have Outlook and Word installed) Toshiba Notebook M15-S405 Satellite Pro 1.4 ghz with 512 mgs ram I woke up one morning and saw that I had a stop error window open on my computer explaining that Windows had encountered some kind of driver error and that windows had to restart. Windows offered that I review my system for serious errors. That is a very sad thing to wake up to. So I ran a chkdsk and defragged and a virus check. No problems there. I checked my ...

Re: Images render automatically
UPDATED LINK, apparently servers dont link having MSG files present. http://www.sharpsightgraphics.com/junkmail.zip UPDATED URL . Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com ...

trouble opening office 2003 excel files
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I am having difficulty opening Excel files that were created in the 2003 version withthe 2008 version. The files were originally created on a windows XP machine, then imported into a Mac using Office 2003 under system 10.4. The files are rather large, approximately 60 columns by 10,000 rows. I haad no difficulty in working with the files between the Windows and Mac systems. I recently got a new MacBook Pro with an Intel processor and installed Office 2008. When I try to read these large Excel files on my new lap...

Microsoft Office Word has stopped working 02-03-10
Please help find a fix - Using Microsoft 7 on new Dell XPS 9000 super fast computer...Often when I try to open a Word Doc or start a new one I get "Microsoft Office Word has stopped working; Microsoft is checking for a soluttion" message and later a red circle with a white X "There was a problem sending the command to the program." Sometimes everything works fine, more often it doesn't. Sometimes if I double click I can open a document; sometimes I need to click and then click OPEN to get to the doc and sometimes neither works. I've tried reinstalling....

Outlook 2003 Forms Problem
Whenever I try to open or design a form, Outlook keeps asking me to open another data file. It appears as if it thinks the default library is in another (older) data file. I have tried clearing the forms cache, renaming frmcache.dat, etc. Nothing works. Can anyone help? Thanks. What is the exact text of the error message?=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jump...

Select records with form driven input
I know this one is really dumb, but i can't seem to get the technique to work. Tables: MERIT BADGES containg a list of merit badges, SCOUT_ID containg info on personal, MB_RESOLVER conatins links between a Merit Badge and a Scout ID. So a Scout_ID can counsel many merit badges and a Merit badge can be Counseled by many Scout_ID's. Form: I would like a form that allows a Scout to select a Merit Badge (from a list box) and retrive all Counselors (by Scout ID) that work with that merit badge. Query: I have a query that retrives all records and required information. I ...

Open Access2000 from Visual Studio C++ 6.0
How can I open an Access 2002 data base from MSV C++ 6.0? Flor wrote: > How can I open an Access 2002 data base from MSV C++ 6.0? Hi Flor, There are many ways to open an Access DB what method are you wanting to use. ADO? DAO? ODBC? -- William ...

Cannot open document in email because it needs excel. How do I d.
I have inbound email that will not open attachment becausse it is on excel. How do I open this document? Fredd Assuming you do not have Excel installed. Download and install the Excel Viewer from.... http://office.microsoft.com/downloads/2000/xlviewer.aspx You will be able to view and print Excel worksheets. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 17:04:04 -0800, "fred" <fred@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have inbound email that will not open attachment becausse it is on excel. >How do I open this document? fred wrote: > I have inbound email that...

is there any way to open access 2003 files in 2007 ??
I am a student using access 2003 at college, I have access 2007 at home. I am unable to open any 2003 db files using 2007, there appear to be compatability issues...is there a quick fix ? Access 2003 .mdb files should open in Access 2007. I do it all the time. However Access 2007 .accdb files will NOT open in Access 2003. I tell my Access 2007 students that they MUST use 2007 to do the homework. What kind of error are you getting? -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. "Andrew" wrote: > I am...

Not Enough System Resources... When Opening Excel
One of my users has just started getting this error when she opens Excel: Not enought system resources to display completely. She is opening Excel, not an Excel file, ie: new worksheet. This is on XP with SP2 and all updates Excel is version 2000 9.0.6923 SP 3 The only other apps running are Outlook 2000 and SnagIt, a screen capture program. I'm thinking the easiest resolution will be to re-insatll Excel. Any other thoughts or suggestions? Thanks! Dave Nope. Close Excel and then go find a file called *.xlb and delete it - You may have to search in hidden files and folders. It&#...

Automatic Calculations
Hi, For some reason the calculations made in my Excel documents require manual action, instead of being executed automatically. I have tried switching to automatic, but it switches back each time restart Excel. Is this a known problem or can I fix this -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi The status of the calculation mode is set by the first sheet you open in each session. -- Andy. "Berend Botje >" <<Berend.Botje.17y29y@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Berend.Botje.17y29y@excelforum-nospam.com... > Hi, > > For some reason ...

Promote Form Properties Greyed Out
Hi I have created a form in infopath 2007 that is to be emailed and I would like to be able to view the properties I have selected in the form folder. I can see the headings of the properties but none of the data is being shown. When I right click on the form folder there is a check box that reads "Promote form properties and display the data as columns in a new view" however this option is greyed out. I have tried creating a Personal Files Folder but the check box still does not become available. Is there a workaround for this or another way for the data to be shown in...

Chinese Version mdb cannot be opened by Japanese Version
I use Chinese Version Access 2002 to develop a .mdb file, using 2000 format. However, the Japanese collegue cannot open it with his Japanese Version Access 2000. I tried my .mdb file in my Chinese collegue computer using Chinese Access 2000 version, OK, can open. So, I wonder that: Chinese version .mdb cannot be opened by Japanese microsoft office ! Is that so ? How can I solve this problem ? Thanks! Martin 2008-02-14 ...