how to insert data in a table

Hi Exprets;

I am creating an access database in which I want to insert data in
already created table.

Kindly help.

Regards,

Vikky

0
Vikky

Vikky <love.excel@gmail.com> wrote in news:1194124711.012302.269990
@e34g2000pro.googlegroups.com:

> Hi Exprets;
>
> I am creating an access database in which I want to insert data in
> already created table.
>
> Kindly help.
>
> Regards,
>
> Vikky

Data from where? Do you want to import it from excel, from a text
file, copy it from another table or type it in manually?

--
Bob Quintal

PA is y I've altered my email address.

Bob
11/3/2007 9:20:20 PM
Vikky <love.excel@gmail.com> wrote in news:1194128514.931171.295770
@y27g2000pre.googlegroups.com:

> On Nov 4, 2:20 am, Bob Quintal <rquin...@sPAmpatico.ca> wrote:
>> Vikky <love.ex...@gmail.com> wrote in
>> @e34g2000pro.googlegroups.com:
>>
>> > Hi Exprets;
>>
>> > I am creating an access database in which I want to insert data
in
>> > already created table.
>>
>> > Kindly help.
>>
>> > Regards,
>>
>> > Vikky
>>
>> Data from where? Do you want to import it from excel, from a text
>> file, copy it from another table or type it in manually?
>>
>> --
>> Bob Quintal
>>
>> PA is y I've altered my email address.
>>
>> --
>
> Hi Bob;
>
> I want to import it from Excel Data.
>
> Regards

From the File menu,-> Get External Data -> Import
A file selector will open, change the Files Of Type: to Excel, find
your file, and press import. The Excel Import Wizard will guide you
the rest of the way; it does allow you to import to an existing
file.

--
Bob Quintal

PA is y I've altered my email address.

Bob
11/3/2007 9:57:25 PM
On Nov 4, 2:20 am, Bob Quintal <rquin...@sPAmpatico.ca> wrote:
> Vikky <love.ex...@gmail.com> wrote in news:1194124711.012302.269990
> @e34g2000pro.googlegroups.com:
>
> > Hi Exprets;
>
> > I am creating an access database in which I want to insert data in
> > already created table.
>
> > Kindly help.
>
> > Regards,
>
> > Vikky
>
> Data from where? Do you want to import it from excel, from a text
> file, copy it from another table or type it in manually?
>
> --
> Bob Quintal
>
> PA is y I've altered my email address.

Hi Bob;

I want to import it from Excel Data.

Regards

0
Vikky
11/3/2007 10:21:54 PM
On Nov 4, 2:57 am, Bob Quintal <rquin...@sPAmpatico.ca> wrote:
> Vikky <love.ex...@gmail.com> wrote in news:1194128514.931171.295770
> @y27g2000pre.googlegroups.com:
>
> > On Nov 4, 2:20 am, Bob Quintal <rquin...@sPAmpatico.ca> wrote:
> >> Vikky <love.ex...@gmail.com> wrote in

> >> @e34g2000pro.googlegroups.com:

> in

> >> Data from where? Do you want to import it from excel, from a text
> >> file, copy it from another table or type it in manually?
>
> >> --
> >> Bob Quintal
>
> >> PA is y I've altered my email address.
>
> >> --
>
> > Hi Bob;
>
> > I want to import it from Excel Data.
>
> > Regards
>
> From the File menu,-> Get External Data -> Import
> A file selector will open, change the Files Of Type: to Excel, find
> your file, and press import. The Excel Import Wizard will guide you
> the rest of the way; it does allow you to import to an existing
> file.
>
> --
> Bob Quintal
>
> PA is y I've altered my email address.

Thanks Bob

0
Vikky

How do I insert Roman Numerals?

Not plot a data series in a chart but still display in data table
MS Excel 2007 I've somehow managed to display only two data series on my line chart. They still display in the data table. How did this happen? More importantly, how do I reverse it. I don't want to recreate chart. I see the data series not plotted on chart in the Chart Elements and when I select the series, the source data is highlighted; it's in the data table. How do I make it visible? Thanks! Miriam HAve you perhaps simply formatted the data series as "no line, no marker"? If so, you can format series, add some color. -- Best Regards, Lu...

Insert trigger

Automatioc spill over data to a new Excel sheet from Xml source?
I have an XML source file with data for more than 256 columns. Since one sheet can contain a max of 256 cols, Is there a way to make Excel, create an additional sheet to keep the excess data? Preferrably using Xml map / template? ...

How do I get only the data I want to be shown?
I have approximately 2000 rows of data all with strange data in it. Each row starts with positions of stars in sexagesimal format. I want to filter through these so that I only have the ones I want (approx. 600), followed by the data in the row that corresponds to the position. I have the list of the ones I want in a seperate column (i.e. there positions). How do I get them? I hope this makes sense. Thanks! Two approaches come to mind. 1) Use an advanced filter. Click in the larger table and select Data > Filter > Advanced Filter. The 'database' should be the larger t...

How to retrieve data which contain "/" in it
Hi, I try to pull a data from access with contain a speacial character "/" in it but what i get is it not return a single data, so how do i wanna retrieve it? below is statement I use it but it return nothing. SELECT LDDATA.COR, LDDATA.CON, LDDATA.PCODE, LDDATA.QTY, LDDATA.BOXNO, LDDATA.CASENO, LDDATA.RSNOS, LDDATA.RSNOE, LDDATA.NOFRS FROM LDDATA WHERE (((LDDATA.COR)="A11/LC/000002/11/06")) ORDER BY LDDATA.CON, LDDATA.BOXNO; On Tue, 22 May 2007 21:53:02 -0700, osmanar <osmanar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, >I try to pull a data from access with...

How do I prevent duplicate entry of a sku in a data table?
I want to keep folks from entering the same sku into a table (i.e. like data validation does for other parameters). Assume that you want to restrict the users from typing the duplicate values in A Column. Place the cursor in A1 cell and press Cntrl+Spacebar which will selecte the A Column. Keep in mind that the active cell should be A1 cell. (Active cell will have a white background after selection also) Data >>Validation>>Settings>>Validation Criteria>>Allow>>Custom>> and in Formula paste this =COUNTIF(A:A,A1)=1 Data>>Validatio...

Grouping Data
I have a subform that shows a usual set of data such as: Name1 Product1 Name1 Product2 Name1 Product3 Name2 Product4 The client wants me to be able to do the following: Name1 Product1 Product2 Product3 Name2 Product4 I.e. merging data cells where they are the same value Preferably with Name1 being centered across the products. Within a straight access form I would use a group via crosstab however this is an access adp on SQL Server. Can anyone help? In a report you can hide duplicates. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "BecksWatkinson@gmail.com...

inserting hrs and minutes

Updating a table
I have query that relates to a table and i want to be able to automatically insert a comment into a range. I.E Table column is called Report name. I want to open the query and have it ask me the name of the report. When i enter it i want it to auutomatically enter the name in the column so that all the other information that i add afterweards is associated with the report. I then want this info to save when i exit. Can anybody help? ...

Insert with a where condition

showing data values on chart
in excel when mouse stand on chart,excel is showing the data values of that point.how can to do this action in access? Exactly the same. When you hover the mouse over a data point for a little amount of time, a yellow bow should come up describing what's in your data point. -- Regards, Steve "afshin" wrote: > in excel when mouse stand on chart,excel is showing the data values of that > point.how can to do this action in access? Where you insert chart?i insert chart on report,and i can't to see data value on data point. "Steve"...

How to copy specific columns until end of data
I'm trying to import data from 2 workbooks into a summary (combination) workbook. The trouble I'm having, is I want to import only certain columns and have excel know to stop at the last row with data. For example, from Workbook1 I want to import columns A, B, C, F, and G (from Sheet2). I want it to copy up to the last row containing any data--right now that's row 1046, but next month it could be row 1267. In workbook2 I'm fine with it copying the CurrentRegion--all columns are important. BUT, it doesn't include the title/category heads in the first row (Salesperson, ...

Calculation of weather data help
Hi, I have a data file (at http://www.weatherweb.net/cliall.dat) which contains daily weather data from 1881 in the format: dd,mm,yy,max temp,min temp, rainfall, sunshine, wind speed, wind gust, pressure What I would like to do is to calculate means for max, min, wind speed, wind gust and pressure, and also total rainfall and sunshine for each month. I would like the output in the format: mm,yy,mean meax, mean min, total rain, total sunshine, mean wind, mean wind gust, mean pressure Can anyone give any assistance as to how I might do this in excel to create a sngle file contain all th...

"Lookup" data type
I´m using the deployment manager to create a new lookup filed chema but when I click on the dropdown box to select the data type, the "lookup" data type doesn´t appear. I´ve got the customization manual and that data type is supposed to appear in the list. How can I add it? Deployment Manager in CRM 1.* does not let you add a Lookup data type "Talei" <Talei@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4FE8843C-3BF5-48FC-AE20-16EB2B3FA914@microsoft.com... > I�m using the deployment manager to create a new lookup filed chema but when > I ...

Insert

excel data to outlook
Hi, In my daily job, I need to flash some new data into my excel and use the excel result to send out mails to report daily result. Is all numbers I need to report in mails. Wonder if you can tell me if there is any tools to make the data into text on my outllook. I tried forming some string using: ="Today we booked "&Sheet1!A4&" MM vs."&Sheet1!A5&" MM expiry" but when I copied this cells into my outlook, format is rare and pasted as table / cells where I prefer to paste as text format ( which can be read by boss with blackberry). I asked ar...

Editing data from 2 different tables
Hi All, Could someone please explain to me if it is possible to edit data from 2 different tables that are being showed in the same form? I created a form which shows fields from 2 different tables and I can not edit the fields. I would like to be able to change/include data using my form. Thank you. The two tables need to be related in some manner and joined in a query for the RecordSource of your form. Elaine Parlato wrote: >Hi All, >Could someone please explain to me if it is possible to edit data from 2 >different tables that are being showed in the same form? > >I cr...

Exporting Data From Query Into Excel
How can I have this process automatically done to have the data from a query after it's been ran to be exported into Excel in a specified location? -- Sincerely, Ronald R. Dodge, Jr. Master MOUS 2000 I have done some research on this method. While this method looks promising, there's one limitation. It states one MUST leave the "Range" argument as blank, when exporting data. The other thing I'm looking for, putting data from a query into a worksheet, which the name of the worksheet would be different from the name of the query. Based on the various things ...

how to insert data in a table

Uploaded Checking acct data
Using 2005 Just successfully uploaded all 2004 (YTD) for main checking account. That said, why does the calender not reflect the payments? My calendar shows nothing just "Add New" Is there some steps that I need to do or is the calendar information updated only if I, step-by-step, pay bills in the system? TIA Dennis The data that you have uploaded will be in the account register, not in the bills/deposits area which populates the calendar. To get it in the calendar, you'll need to add it to the bills/deposits area. You can do this by either entering it manually or by...