How To Go From One Form to Another

I have a form that displays names and contact information. It is based off a
master table (called CONTACTS). It uses a combo box to look up and display
the contact ifo for whoever I select from the list.

In order to simplify any search process, I also have simple forms that
consists of a list box. Each form is specific to a particular region within
the state (based on queries). What I want to do from any of these forms is
double-click on a name in the list and have the original form (described
above) load and display the record for that name.

Any suggestions will be great.

-Regards, Carl (if there's any level below NOVICE, I'm it)

Carlnlola

Easiest way is to set the On Double-Click event to

DoCmd.OpenForm (formname, , , "ID = " & me.ID)

Using your form's name, the name of the ID field on the form you're opening,
and the name of the field you're double-clicking, since I assume you are
using the contact ID number as the bound column for the list box.

--
Amy E. Baggott

"I''m going crazy and I''m taking all of you with me!" -- Linda Grayson

"Carlnlola via AccessMonster.com" wrote:

> I have a form that displays names and contact information. It is based off a
> master table (called CONTACTS). It uses a combo box to look up and display
> the contact ifo for whoever I select from the list.
>
> In order to simplify any search process, I also have simple forms that
> consists of a list box. Each form is specific to a particular region within
> the state (based on queries). What I want to do from any of these forms is
> double-click on a name in the list and have the original form (described
> above) load and display the record for that name.
>
> Any suggestions will be great.
>
> -Regards, Carl (if there's any level below NOVICE, I'm it)

> .

Only want one Worksheet_[event] to run but still cover all actions
Hello again, I have code ("Sub DoThis" and "Sub DoThisE") that ensures the format in the sheet. It should run no matter what the end user does with the cells...which is alot, we all know that... I now use these Sub Worksheet_[events]: Worksheet_Change, Worksheet_Activate, Worksheet_Calculate. I want the code "Sub DoThis" OR "Sub DoThisE" to take place only once, when an event take place. As it is now an user event start the routines several times. I believe it is caused by two reasons: - Worksheet_[event] subs makes an overlap ? - Application.OnKey / ...

Open form for add/edit records
I have a button on the main form: DoCmd.OpenForm "frmEmployee", acNormal, , , acFormEdit, acWindowNormal I can still add record by clicking the * on the record selector. So what is the difference: DoCmd.OpenForm "frmInvoice", acNormal, , , acFormAdd, acWindowNormal ? The difference is that acFormEdit allows editing AND adding of new records (as you've found out) while acFormAdd ONLY allows adding new records, just as setting the Dtat Entry Property to YES would. -- There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat! Answers/posts based on Access 2000 Message ...

Where Do Messages Go??
If there isn't a kink in my program and it's behaving as it should, I hope someone can answer my questions. Messages disappear. Example: I e-mailed a friend, who e-mailed me back. When I answered that response, I could find no trace of it in "sent mail" or anywhere else, and the item in my inbox maintained its appearance as unread mail. If I click "mark read" it disappears altogether. I've lost several messages this way. Also I seem to be unable to drag a message from one folder to another. It gets lost in the transporter, never to be seen agai...

Accounts and Contacts form loading delay
I have just done a 're-install' of MSCRM as we have just re-structured and updated the infrastructure. My setup is as follows: CRM Server: 4GB Ram, 3ghz Xeon DB Server: 4GB Ram, Dual Processor 2ghz Xeon I am running CRM from an instance on the DB server. The CRM system moves very quickly when moving between screens such as looking at a list of contacts, accounts, creating an activity etc, but it is incredibly slow when actually loading the account or contact screen. You double click a specific account and the window opens and you are presented with the blue background. The prog...

2 colors in one line
Hi there I am putting a chart together to show the performance trend for Budget, Actual and Forecast Budget will not change therefore will be one color However, I would like to combined the Actual and Forecast together. So i have the actual dor every months to current month and all future months are figures from forecast. I have created a table for the graph data and the user toggles to the month required as "Current month" it will fill up all the data up to the month required and taking the forecast numbers for another tab. Any ideas how i can show the forecast months in a...

How to replace one dll with a transparent one.
Hi, We have just received some new hardware which shall be replacement parts for old software. The new HW range are CAN-network units that are no longer ISA cards, but instead are external units on the network). We interface the HW using dlls provided by the HW supplier. The drivers are compatible with the ones used with old HW. The problem is that the new drivers return new error values which the old software does not recognize. For example loss of contact on the network. I have the .h file, .lib file and .dll file. First of all: Is there a way to solve this without upgrading my software...

linking an excel workbook to an infopath form
i need some help... i have created a form in infopath and im looking for a portion of the data to be linked with an excel workbook... i have been told i need to deploy an xml schema in excel and i havent a clue how to do this... must i publish the infopath form so it's is an active xml doc.. right now it is saved as an infopath form template... please help... im in the mortgage business and the infopath form is a prequal form for my clients...im looking for a workflow where when i save a form the info automatically populates an excel workbook with certain info.. a way for me to track my d...

Replace a value with the one above it in a field
Hi, I have a transaction table that has fields such as Date, TransactionNumber, ItemNumber, Quantity and Amount. It is data taken from a transactional system and imported in Access. The ItemNumber fields can have values of our Item Numbers such as 3142 or it will have the value of Discount. What I want to do is to somehow run a query that will replace Discount with the value above it. So if there is one record with a value of 3142 in the ItemNumber field and the next record has Discount in this field I want to change this value to 3142. Ten records later there may be a value of 20...

Where do the Archives Go?
I cannot find the information Outlook claims to have archived for me. Yes I know how to display the archived calendar, but it's blank. Any ideas? Thanks! I use XP, and Office 2007. "6Sigma 5s No Clue" <6Sigma5sNoClue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B239B721-DCF1-4337-947D-B325D4BF0E4A@microsoft.com... >I cannot find the information Outlook claims to have archived for me. Yes I > know how to display the archived calendar, but it's blank. Any ideas? > Thanks! > > I use XP, and Office 2007. Why do you think Outook is arch...

is there a way to get outlook to default to open to another folder besides the inbox
I'd like my normal view to be a different folder. 'Tools|Options|Other|Advanced Options' - Startup in this folder. Hal -- Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-Print/Imaging -- WA7BGX http://www.kvoa.com -- "When News breaks, we fix it!" KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ. NBC Channel 4 Live at Hot Licks - www.badnewsbluesband.com "Joe" <joe5345@gmail.com> wrote in message news:eadb95ee-f17d-4d7e-8ab6-74d6a654a0ca@d21g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > I'd like my normal view to be a different folder. ...

One form, two tables UPDATE help?
I am running Access 2003. A user enters data into one field on a continuous form bound to one table. I want to be able to UPDATE this same data into a similar field in another table based on an equal week number, year and Part number for the data. Is this possible? I have been trying something like: Sub UpdateCM1() Dim strQuery As String Dim HoldWeekNo as Integer Dim HoldYear as Integer Dim HoldPartNo as String HoldWeekNo = Forms!frmMnthCMNew!WeekNo HoldYear = Forms!frmMnthCMNew!Yr HoldPartNo = Forms!frmMnthCMNew!PartNo strQuery = "UPDATE CMMonth " & _...

How to have a correct size in a form?
Hi. I have a form which will open when I press a button in a other form. But when that form will open, it has various sum of data. That's why the form is not automatically in right size. Sometimes it is too large and sometimes to small. Is it possibe to make it open so that it will always be in a right size? Hannu On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 11:51:36 -0000, hanski <lappalainen.hannu@luukku.com> wrote: >Hi. > >I have a form which will open when I press a button in a other form. >But when that form will open, it has various sum of data. That's why >the form is not auto...

How do I link columns so data flows from 1 column to another like.
Is there a way to link columns in Excel, so that data that's entered flows from one column to the next? There's a function similar to this in Quark. Anybody know anything about this? Regards, If I understand the question correctly, and the information is being typed into the cells, you could try this: Select a block of cells, say A2:C10 Then, type a value. Press enter. If yuo press enter after each value entered, when you enter a value in A:10 and press enter, you're active cell will be B2. tj "M. Frazel" wrote: > Is there a way to link columns in Excel, so t...

Giving access to a user's mailbox to another user.
Exchange server V5.5 & Outlook2K I want to give user X full access to ALL folders in user Y's mailbox (user Y has left the company). At the moment, I have to set permissions on each of the folders of Y's mailbox, for user X, to access that folder. Is there a way I can tell Exchange/Outlook, in one hit, to give user X full access to user Y's mailbox? -- Julian Milano i believe all you have to do is go to user Y's user object in AD. Click on exchange advanced tab, then click on the mailbox rights button. Then give User X full mailbox access. Then in user x's outl...

One paystub, two paychecks
I work for the U.S. Navy and therefore receive my paychecks from Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS). The way DFAS pays me is like this: -On the first day of the month, DFAS projects how much I'll earn that month in base pay, how much I'll pay in taxes, additional deductions/allotments, and then comes up with my Net Pay for the month. Pretty straightforward. -On the 15th of the month, DFAS pays me -half- of my projected Net Pay for that month. -On the last day of the month, DFAS pays me the other half. At that point I get a paystub which reflects my income, taxes, ...

Chart visable for one user and no one else
This is quite odd. One user is able to view a chart, however, when anyone else opens the document, the chart doesn't exist. The chart is in a separate sheet labeled, CHART. We are using Excel XP with DocsOpen. Anyone know anything about this kind of behavior? Thanks in advance, Kathy K. ...

Set Account Owner with Form Properties OnLoad and OnSave
My primary goal is to have Account Owner (ownerid) set automatically based on the zip code of the account. Currently, I am attempting to do this via the Form Properties OnLoad() and OnSave() events. Here is an example which does not work: else if ((addy2 == "46142") || (addy2 == "46143") || (addy2 == "46158") || (addy2 == "46217") || (addy2 == "46227") || (addy2 == "46184")) { crmForm.all.new_branchtxt.DataValue = "Greenwood"; crmForm.all.ownerid.DataValue = "66AA42F3-6781-4829-9370- E01BC996688C"; } You also n...

Price/cost fields need to be able to go beyond 5 decimals.
When we receive product it comes in $ per metric ton, which we convert to $ per lb.. We sometimes receive product in millions of lbs. in one line item, when we convert from $/MT to lb./MT the limit of 5 decimal places in a currency field causes pretty lare rounding errors to occur in our extended cost. This causes our posted cost in GP to be different than what we actually pay our vendors. The ability to extend beyond 5 decimals in the currency field would solve the problem, but for now it is not possible in GP. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsof...

User Form to Mail Merge
Hi I'm using Excel and with a great deal of help from this site ( who by the way have been first class - thank you all ) I have created a User Form that gives me a great deal of information about my customers Name/Address/ etc - In Word I have used the Name/ Address on the Excel Sheet to make a Mail Merge document for mailing promotions / news etc and also a Labels template is there any way on the User Form to insert an extra 2 buttons that will automatically take me when clicking on them to the Mail Merge Templates and open them with the details of the Mail Merge ready to just pr...

Multiple calendars, how to choose which one meetings go into
Hi I have 3 calendars setup in outlook XP , when someone sends me a meeting request how can i change which calendar the meeting goes into, at the moment they all go into what i guess is the default calendar which i want to change to a different one any ideas? thanks Chris You really can't change it. Outlook treats certain folders special. "Chris S" <fred@fred.com> wrote in message news:43cf7167$0$23294$db0fefd9@news.zen.co.uk... > Hi > > I have 3 calendars setup in outlook XP , when someone sends me a meeting > request how can i change which calend...

Deserialize object from one line of XML
Any suggestions on how to deserialize an object from one line of XML? I'm trying to deserialize multiple objects from one XML document, each object on one line of the file. The serialization is working, but when I try to read the line back into a MemoryStream, and then to deserialize from that, I get an error that the root node doesn't exist. Example XML lines: <?xml version="1.0"?><LogItem xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"><ClientName>DefaultClientName</ClientNa...

Go to page
I have a long document and need to go the certain pages without having to scroll down. How do I go to a particular page? Thanks This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0040_01CAEE07.56832EE0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Press Ctrl+G to open the GoTo dialog, and enter the page number. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. "richard" <rmk@wo...

selecting more than one option button
I have set up a worksheet in Excel with numerous option buttons. My problem is now it will only let me select 1 option button. How can I select multiple option buttons? Thanks, Katie You may not want option buttons. You can only have one option button in any given grouping selected. You might want to use Check boxes instead. "Katie-Baughman" wrote: > I have set up a worksheet in Excel with numerous option buttons. My problem > is now it will only let me select 1 option button. How can I select multiple > option buttons? > > Thanks, > Katie If you ha...

Issues with a deleted field that is linked to a form
Hi there I careated a form which used a field which I have deleted from my database because it wasn't needed. Now everyone I open the database, a missing parameter.value text box keeps popping up. What is the best way to delete this field without this recurring message? Thank you On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 14:43:01 -0700, forest8 <forest8@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi there > >I careated a form which used a field which I have deleted from my database >because it wasn't needed. > >Now everyone I open the database, a missing parameter....

Automatically populating one field with another fields data
Hello, I have two separate fields in my form which actually for the unforeseeable future need the have exactly the same data for each field. Is it possible to automatically populate one from the other? Thanks in advance! -- Best regards, Donald Ramer donaldramer@comcast.net Dramer Access uses forms to help you manage data in tables. Why does your table have two copies of the same data? -- Regards Jeff Boyce www.InformationFutures.net Microsoft Office/Access MVP http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/ Microsoft IT Academy Program Mentor http://microsoftitacademy.com/ "Dramer&q...